Stinker Rescue - UFO

Questions and solutions to Wonderland, Return to Wonderland, and Secret Worlds.
CloudCat

Stinker Rescue - UFO

Post by CloudCat » Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:29 pm

Greetings! :D ...Have Figured out Stinky's area, Loof's Maze, and the Button Maze; all but getting rid of the box at the end of the Ice Rink (got the Stinker, couldn't get out without killing my helper); even managed to get my folks past the purple 'porter and collect the stuff at the end--and then couldn't get back. Got Peegue (all by himself!) past the boulders and even where he could return without help.

Killed the UFO once --by accident! I don't know how I did it, I was busy running! Haven't been able to manage the refelector dance up at the top to deal with the UFO since, never mind the last box and the trapped Stinker. F9'ing past it is no fun, but I'm SERIOUSLY getting annoyed with this last part (and it's starting to interfere with my homework!).

HELP!?!!?! :?
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:28 pm

Hi Cloud Cat

When the UFO shoots at Stinky, it doesn't shoot the others. So let Stinky stand somewhere below the UFO, and two of the others can rescue the stinker at the right of the UFO. :D
CloudCat

Stinker Rescue - UFO

Post by CloudCat » Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:56 am

Hi Marinus, I've give that a try!
...aHA! :idea: Maybe I can also try a reverse of that to keep its attention on Stinky at the box-wall while I try to sneak Peegue over to shove down that *bleep* reflector that needs to be at the bottom--
CloudCat

Stinker Rescue- UFO dispatched! (waHOO!)

Post by CloudCat » Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:04 am

Mission accomplished--UFO zapped, thus making the Ice Rink safe!

Now all I have to do is practice rescuing whoever gets stuck up in the upper channel after he rescues the Stinker--I've killed Stinky several times trying to help Loof, 'cause I'm not quick enough yet on the swapover after shoving the box out of the way!
Last edited by CloudCat on Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:22 am

Hey, Marinus, are you at alternative solutions again?!
I managed to push that reflector without using Stinky as a bait by pushing it step-by-step, avoiding fire. It's possible. :wink:
Rest in peace, Kym. I hardly knew ya.
Rest in peace, Marinus. A bright star, you were ahead of me on my own tracks of thought. I miss you.
duncan
Rainbow Seeker

Re: Stinker Rescue- UFO dispatched! (waHOO!)

Post by duncan » Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:11 pm

CloudCat wrote:*Warning* -- Spoiler
OK, what I did was to use Stinky as bait--I brought him up to stand between the red 'porter and the invisible wall. The UFO promptly tried to kill him through the wall. I ran Peegue through his paces and got him past all the lower reflectors, zapping Coily in the process, and while the UFO's attention was on Stinky Peegue shoved the reflector down into place just before the conveyor.

I then popped Stinky back into the red 'porter to get the UFO's attention off him; had Peegue peek around the corner at it and duck back into safe territory in the empty space between all the upper reflectors, making sure he stayed where he could pop one into the corner after the shot had passed and then ducking back out of the way to let it go back the other way.
Mission accomplished--UFO zapped, thus making the Ice Rink safe!

Now all I have to do is practice rescuing whoever gets stuck up in the upper channel after he rescues the Stinker--I've killed Stinky several times trying to help Loof, 'cause I'm not quick enough yet on the swapover after shoving the box out of the way!
everybody can read the spoiler, so you should put it in a quote box, or saying its a spoiler is useless
Don't judge a person by his look,but his heart
Anytime, Anyplace, Adventure Always Awaits!
Last edited by Loof on 1/1/19999999999999999 BC; edited 98998 in total.
CloudCat

Post by CloudCat » Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:28 am

Oops! Sorry 'bout that; I'll remember it for next time. I just tried something I'd seen someone else do earlier.

Update: Managed, with Loof-Stinky, to finish the Ice Rink and got both back off; went through the purple 'porter and was making progress when I forgot to have someone where he should have been--and then couldn't get him there.

"Now I'll have to do it all over again!" :roll:
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:27 am

"Now I'll have to do it all over again!"
Gosh, how many times did I think that?
Rest in peace, Marinus. A bright star, you were ahead of me on my own tracks of thought. I miss you.
duncan
Rainbow Seeker

Post by duncan » Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:09 pm

Edit the post
Don't judge a person by his look,but his heart
Anytime, Anyplace, Adventure Always Awaits!
Last edited by Loof on 1/1/19999999999999999 BC; edited 98998 in total.
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Re: Stinker Rescue- UFO dispatched! (waHOO!)

Post by Marinus » Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:01 pm

:D Cloud Cat, don't worry about Duncan Dog. He doesn't really bite, only barks a bit annoying :lol: After all he's not the boss of Wonderland :roll:

[Edit]

Of course when you post a description how you played a custom level, (especially on a pretty new level), or a very new game like MOFI, it may be a good idea to write it in white, and in a quote box, but in this case, now it's about a classic level in the subforum "Level Solutions - Classic Trilogy", as far as I know you can use any colour you like, even black or white 8)

[/Edit]
DuncanDog wrote:
CloudCat wrote:*Warning* -- Spoiler
OK, what I did was to use Stinky as bait--I brought him up to stand between the red 'porter and the invisible wall. The UFO promptly tried to kill him through the wall. I ran Peegue through his paces and got him past all the lower reflectors, zapping Coily in the process, and while the UFO's attention was on Stinky Peegue shoved the reflector down into place just before the conveyor.

I then popped Stinky back into the red 'porter to get the UFO's attention off him; had Peegue peek around the corner at it and duck back into safe territory in the empty space between all the upper reflectors, making sure he stayed where he could pop one into the corner after the shot had passed and then ducking back out of the way to let it go back the other way.Mission accomplished--UFO zapped, thus making the Ice Rink safe!

Actually I didn't think of that way. I played this almost a year ago so I'm not quite sure, but I think I did it two ways:
-1- Let Peegue push the reflectors in the upper part, very quick/tricky to let the UFO shoot itself, (without using the Stinky-bait trick) so two of the people can rescue the stinker near the UFO safely.
-2- Let Peegue do his job, let the other three do their jobs with all the button, especially the conveyor timer, so Peegue can go back. Then Stinky goes to the place where Peegue was, to let the UFO shoots down, so two of the others can rescue the stinker.

But I think you combined both ways, and maybe that's even better! 8) :D

I think to push that box quickly I used two people who are two enter-key-presses after each other. I mean either Stinky and Qookie, or Loof and Peegue, so you can switch easier by: [arrow keys], 2x enter, [arrow keys], 2x enter (instead of one time 1x and 3x enter, if you use Stinky and Loof)
Muzozavr wrote:Hey, Marinus, are you at alternative solutions again?!
Well Muzo, as far as I know there is no official solution for this, so which one is the intended solution and which one an alternative? 8) :lol: :D
I managed to push that reflector without using Stinky as a bait by pushing it step-by-step, avoiding fire. It's possible. :wink:
Do you mean the first of the two ways I mentioned above? As I said it's a while ago, so I'm not quite sure, but if I remember right I also did it that way. Maybe I'll play it again once but it's so big, and there's no "save" function. :lol:
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:54 pm

I think the intended solution is killing the UFO. Because, for one thing, it's the exact same trick as for killing the Coily, but in a different presentation.
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:00 pm

I guess you're right! :D But since I knew 2 ways and I wasn't quite sure what's the "right" way, when someone asks for help, I thought I'd better tell the easiest way, also because it's a big and difficult level.

Edit: If I remember right there is also a level in WSW that uses the Stinky-baits-UFO trick. I think that's why I thought about it.
CloudCat

Post by CloudCat » Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:05 am

Hi Y'All,
...Well, I've got Peegue and the reflectors down almost routine now, without direct help except for Stinky holding the UFO's attention at screen right while he deals with the moveable one.
...I've gotten the switch at the top of the Ice Rink a couple of times except that I can't get the helper out of the way and wind up bouncing the firstcomer back and forth between him and the box--ultimately getting whacked by the box while I'm trying frantically to switch-and-move. However, I did manage to ge them both off ONCE, only to screw up at the very ending by not getting one of the last 3 in position before I got the final box in the wya where he couldn't get by--so I had 2 stuck on either side of the box and nowhere to go with it. How frustrating---Aaarghh!
...I'm taking a break at the moment, but I know me--I'm too stubborn to let it go altogether. In the meantime, however, I've pounced upon Fire Island and am several levels in... :lol:
janellesnip
Rainbow Wonderlander

Stinker Rescue -- Ice Rink

Post by janellesnip » Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:01 pm

I finally solved the top-of-the ice rink part of the stinker rescue to-day. I actually completed the game over a year and a half ago, and did it to-day for the second time. (To-day is an old British spelling of "today" ;).)

Here is what I did:

First I got stinky behind the wooden box at the very top. Then I found my way up there with Qookie.
I then practised with Quookie: Left to push the box, and immediate right.
I continued my practise: Left to push the box, immediate right, enter-enter. Then I watched as the box came back to its resting place in front of Stinky.
When I became comfortable with this, I performed the entire thing:
Quookie Left, immediate right - enter - enter - Stinky down - right - HOLD RIGHT.

Stinky bounces between Qookie and the box's resting spot.
He alternately pushes the box away, or lands on the resting spot just before the box returns.
The correct timing is, as soon as Stinky has pushed the box away, press enter four times in a row; continue to HOLD THE RIGHT ARROW KEY DOWN.

Then you find both Stinky and Qookie safe at the top right square area. I do not even think it matters which two characters you use.
If someone knows of a solution other than mine, I would appreciate getting a pm or a reply on this thread.

PS There are so many threads titled "WSW Stinker Rescue" that I did not know which thread to choose to reply to.

Janelle