Newbie and in need of help - Wonderland 1.15

Questions and solutions to Wonderland, Return to Wonderland, and Secret Worlds.
whitekat

Newbie and in need of help - Wonderland 1.15

Post by whitekat » Wed Sep 22, 2004 2:27 am

Hello hardcore RTW-ers! If you can think back - waaaaay back to when you were new at Wonderland v1.15 - and help me with World 7 Level 2 - the dreaded Z-Bot City??

It is driving me crazy!!!!

:shock:

Thanks in advance!
Whitekat
the cat
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by the cat » Wed Sep 22, 2004 4:22 am

Welcome ,,Yes we were all new once.
O"Cathy"X's
Original Member#563

Proud member of FOWL, Ramblers,PITA,CNC,CLUBS
sfseaman
Rainbow Master

Post by sfseaman » Wed Sep 22, 2004 5:40 pm

SPOILER FOLLOWS

I went back to take a look at this one -- it turns out it was one that I had skipped over. After trying again, I have a partial solution (successful completion without bonus coins). Go and pick up the two coins on the right side and then two coins on the left side of the puzzle, being careful in your timing. At this point the z-bots will not get you if you are standing in the "doorway", as long as you don't go in their path.

Next get the two coins at the top of the level and only then get the two at the bottom (collect these as the inner z-bots are moving to the right at the bottom of the puzzle. Then immediately go just to the right of the top right wood block and stand there until things have settled down with two z-bots in the inner path, and the rest in the outer path.

Now you can collect the coins in the corners, doing the 4 inner corners first. As long as you are standing in a corner (except the lower left dead end) they will leave you alone. Just move from doorways to corners, the timing can be a little tricky. Now for the outer corners. I have always found that in the group of z-bots in the outer path there was always one gap that was slightly larger than the rest. This gap was large enough that if you move quickly and go in the same direction as the bots, you can use that gap to make it from a doorway to a corner or a corner to a doorway. Remember, you are safe in the corners.

Doing this you can collect all the rainbow coins and finish. To get the bonus coins, I am pretty sure you will need to capture some bots in the lower left using the wood blocks. Then, if you squeeze the blocks down and left, eventually the bots will keep the green gates open. I have not yet been successful at this without being killed.

Good luck.

Have fun.
Steve
Cat
Rainbow Star

More Cat's, the Merrier

Post by Cat » Wed Sep 22, 2004 6:48 pm

Welcome, all of your Cat's! We have Cat, which is me and "The Cat" and now WhiteKat. The more the Merry. :D :) 8) :lol: :roll: :wink:

All you cat's in unison (Meeeoooow) :D

Cat
Cat

Member of FOWL, Ms.Tweety Bird, Queen of Beautiful
whitekat

Thanks for the welcomes - and the help!

Post by whitekat » Sat Sep 25, 2004 2:46 am

Thanks, Steve - I was on the right track then as I was trying to run with the zbots and duck into the corners, but I kept getting killed so wondered if there was another way - a better one!! I'll have to watch for the slightly larger space...

If I get stuck on another level, I know where to come!!

And yes, Cat - I am another 'cat' but a Whitekat -- because we have a beautiful white cat named Duchess (i.e. the Aristocats). It was the first thing I thought of for my login...

:)
Whitekat
Jersey
Rainbow Wizard

Post by Jersey » Sat Sep 25, 2004 2:51 am

Hey Whitekat! :D

Cute name! I have two furry babies too, but their names wouldn't have been that great for a forum name. Skeeter (which isn't too bad) and Ray. Both rather boyish names...good for them, but not me. :lol:

Good thing I'm a cat lover in a forum with this many cats on board! :D
I'm not as think as you drunk I am...*Hic*

...I'm just a Blonde! :lol:
majic1
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by majic1 » Sat Sep 25, 2004 3:16 am

Ray - that's an interesting name for a cat. Why Ray? I have a good reason for asking!
Majicaleetarina
Jersey
Rainbow Wizard

Post by Jersey » Sat Sep 25, 2004 4:41 am

Well, when I first got Ray, he was nearly feral from the abuse that he'd suffered for the pretty much the first 6 months of his life.

We catnapped him from an evil acquaintance when we discovered that this son of a *&#$% used to get the cats (Ray & his sister) stoned. Suffice it to say, my ex knocked him on his a$$, and he and his buddy grabbed the two cats and ran out the door when he saw what was going on (my ex's only saving grace).

This poor cat was absolutely terrified, and began throwing himself against the door and walls until he either knocked himself out, or came down off the drugs, we were never sure which.

Once we could handle him (he was very dangerous) we got him to the vet who examined him thoroughly, (and called the police to have this guy charged) and told us that because of the brain damage this cat suffered, he'd never be normal. I was not about to let this beautiful, and helpless animal be destroyed, so I took him home and spent more than 6 months turning him completely around.

After many teeth marks, scratches, a tetanus shot and several rounds of antibiotics (me, not the cat) he's the biggest sook you ever want to meet :D - at least with me, he's not that comfortable around anyone else.

The only side effect that remained after 9 months was that when he got excited about something, he ran into walls. The vet, who was astounded that he had turned out the way he did, thought that he was blind. So, I changed his name from "Look Out" (you never knew when he was going to pounce) to Ray Charles. Oddly enough, he liked Blues and the old R & B music, and I found that when he got wound up, he'd relax when I turned on the stereo. He particularly liked Ray Charles.

Turns out he's not blind, just clumsy. :lol:

When my ex and I broke up, I kept the cat (fought tooth and nail myself) and shortened his name to Ray, although he prefers Handsome. If you call him Ray, he looks at you and walks away. :lol:

So, why do you ask? You have a cat with the same name?

majic1
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by majic1 » Sat Sep 25, 2004 4:57 am

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA - No, a SON - he was a handful as a teenager, but not even CLOSE to what you just described! I wouldn't put up with that from my child, much less a CAT!! HA HA HA!! (Isn't it interesting how we will let our animals do things that our children would be disowned for?)
Majicaleetarina
Jersey
Rainbow Wizard

Post by Jersey » Sat Sep 25, 2004 5:04 am

Tell me about it! My 7 yr old stepdaughter cops an attitude, and she's busted to the bedroom. Ray on the other hand, flips me the "tail" and he gets a pat on the head! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Skeeter is the bad one though, he's nearly completely destroyed my expensive chair, but I absolutely refuse to get him declawed, even though it would be cheaper than getting the chair recovered. :roll:

Ted doesn't understand it, but I figured Hey, God gave him the claws in the first place, who am I to take them away? Even when I find him sharpening his claws on my big toe in the middle of the night, he knows it's an empty threat. :lol:

janetgalle
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by janetgalle » Sat Sep 25, 2004 12:01 pm

Hey all,
My middle name is Rae...and I've been known to run into walls from time to time! :wink: My late great feline friend was named Keisha, she was my only "girl", had her for 17 years, and have never gotten another pet. Ah, the memories.....

jg
Jersey
Rainbow Wizard

Post by Jersey » Sun Sep 26, 2004 12:18 am

Hey, Janet! What a coincidink! "Rae". :lol:

That's an unusual name for a woman, why did your parents give you that as a middle name?

Yes, I don't think you forget any beloved pets, they become furry family members.

We've had 4 dogs, 6 cats, 3 hamsters, 2 gerbils and a guinea pig. We also had a rather large nasty rat that lived in the basement for a year, but he wasn't considered a pet, even though he spent more time in the kitchen than my mother did. :lol:

Everyone of them had their quirks, but the funniest were the sexy dalmation that stole lunches and hockey pucks, a hamster that lived for skydiving diving, another hamster that was addicted to donuts, a cat that put people to sleep, and the guinea pig who went psyco when you went into the kitchen. :lol:

Couldn't imagine living without pets.

majic1
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by majic1 » Sun Sep 26, 2004 1:13 am

When I was a kid, we had a duck that thought it was a person! I won it at the fair; a little yellow peeping duckling. We took him home & kept him in the backyard. When he grew up and starting making a huge mess all over the backyard, my dad said that's enough. We took him to the park & put him in the lake with all the other ducks. He kept jumping out and following all the people around in the park. We kept putting him back, but he'd do the same thing over and over until we finally just left. My dad said he'd figure it out eventually - God, I HOPE so!!! :lol: :lol:
Majicaleetarina
janetgalle
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by janetgalle » Sun Sep 26, 2004 12:31 pm

Jersey wrote: That's an unusual name for a woman, why did your parents give you that as a middle name?
I'd like to say thats my name because they knew I would be a Ray of Sunshine come to brighten their days......But.....My maternal Grandmother was Harriet Raella. I'm glad they shortened the Raella to Rae and thank my lucky stars they didn't pick the Harriet!!!
My maternal Grandfather was named John. While they were still living, I was called JonnieRae all the time. :D
I know men named Ray and worked with girls names RaeLee and RaeNae.

jg
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Sun Sep 26, 2004 1:45 pm

Hey, my grandmother was called Harriet, but everyone called her Hetty. My mother was called Gertrude, think yourself lucky you weren't called that. :P :lol:
Pauline
Danell1975
Platinum Wonderlander

Post by Danell1975 » Mon Sep 27, 2004 4:08 am

Well, my middle name is "Rae" also. Shortened form of my name, "Danny Rae" . Only special people in my life get to call me Danny Rae, and unfortunately they have both passed. ON the other hand, I have two cats, named Max and Spot. Although since I call my cat Max, "Maxi", my friend has resorted to calling my cat Spot, "Tampon". I should just smack her some day. :twisted: So, that said, I read everything in here, and can't remember what started all of these conversations about names and cats. LOL OH well. Off to bed. Long day. Take care, Danell

P.S. Just realized if I scroll down I can see all of the conversations. I must be tired!! :oops: :?
janetgalle
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by janetgalle » Mon Sep 27, 2004 12:18 pm

Danell1975 wrote:Well, my middle name is "Rae" also.
Hooray for Rae :lol:

jg
Jersey
Rainbow Wizard

Post by Jersey » Mon Sep 27, 2004 10:37 pm

I'm sure Ray is just tickled pink to know that there are more women around with his name then men! :lol: He don't care, like I said before, if you want his attention, just call him Handsome... (he's also got a big ego!) :lol:

Love the duck story, Majic...I'm sure he settled in just fine once he found a cute little piece of fluff to settle down with. :wink: :wink:

Don't worry about people nicknaming their cats wierd names Danell, although Tampon is the weirdest I've heard yet. :lol: While I called Ray "Look out!" for the first little while we had him, both my ex and our roommate had nicknames for him. Buttmunch and Sh*thead were two of the worst ones. These guys watched waaaaaaaay to much Beavis and Butthead on MTV! :lol:

Hey popo! My mother nearly called me Ester :P and both my grandmother's insisted that I be named for them: Mabel-Jean or Jean Mabel :shock: Glad mom saved the day by naming me after two of my aunts instead: Joyce-Maria. :)

My sister got stuck with Fern...it's amazing how many dumb jokes kids can come up with for that one: Plant, Planthead, Frond, Flora (that's not too bad, but it didn't stick) but my favorite was one I came up with - Fiddlehead...until she kicked my a$$. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Triple-0 67
Bronze Wonderlander

Re: Newbie and in need of help - Wonderland 1.15

Post by Triple-0 67 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:50 am

I've actually found a consistent setup to complete almost all of the entire level. The rest is easy and a consistent setup could be made for it, but for now, this is the hard part over with. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jrLT-colEo Don't ask me how I managed to figure it out XD. This was the only way for me to complete the level since I didn't know the solution and had no guides.
Wonderland King
Rainbow Master

Re: Newbie and in need of help - Wonderland 1.15

Post by Wonderland King » Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:23 am

It's pretty clear that your every move was deliberate, so... nice.