Introduction

The place to introduce yourselves, meet other players, etc.

Moderators: ~xpr'd~, tyteen4a03, Emerald141, Qloof234, jdl

ann3120
Rainbow Star

Introduction

Post by ann3120 » Wed Sep 22, 2004 6:23 pm

Hi Everybody - I've never posted to a forum before, ever, so please excuse my mistakes (in etiquette, that is). My name is Ann and I'm a Brit living in South Texas, and the 3120 was the telephone number we had when I was growing up in Purley, Surrey. I've been in the US for 40 years now - that also makes me an "oldie" at 63. I definitely got Wonderland & RTW for myself. I was a Chipster ( for those that are familiar with Chips Challenge ) and just love pushing boxes and solving the slow moving adventure levels. Have been playing the custom levels for quite some time now and reading the posts. Really feel like I know a lot of you. Read Timothy2's post about doing everything chronilogically, and I have to admit I'm doing the same. I started at the end and I'm trying desparately to catch up. If I have time to go shopping today I will buy the ingredients - I've already got the water - to make Eeyore's Sugar Pie. I have a couple of questions, and it may just be dumb me that doesn't know :oops: :oops: What does AltX mean? I've tried all combinations of those buttons and nothing different happens, or should I be in the editor mode, which I'm not brave enough to try yet.....and question #2: when I'm downloading custom levels, where are the ones that don't have a paper clip? I can tell people have played them by reading the posts, but how can I find them. If someone is kind enough to reply, please make it it very simple beginners computer lingo. I can't do the complicated stuff - like BigZip's & DiscGolfer's levels. I like the "kind" ones. Sorry this is so long, it just happened that way.
Jersey
Rainbow Wizard

Post by Jersey » Thu Sep 23, 2004 12:38 am

Hi Ann, and welcome to Wonderland! Sound's like you've had quite a background!

First of all, Alt-X refers to the keyboard keys that you can use to zoom in a level, zoom out to see the whole effect, or move around without using the character to move. This works well with scenic levels that are sometimes posted for visual effects, rather than for playing.

Hit your Alt button and your X button at the same time, and then you can use the arrows on your numeric keypad to move around the view. Apparently, this doesn't work on all keyboards, so it may or may not work on yours.

A paperclip indicates that there is a file attached that you can download. There is a posting somewhere that explains how to download, and you can go to the Midnight Synergy website were you can follow the links to downloading the levels that other's have created. Read the introduction from Midnight Synergy at the top of the General Discussion board too, there are instructions there for downloading.

Welcome again, and good luck! :D :D :D
I'm not as think as you drunk I am...*Hic*

...I'm just a Blonde! :lol:
majic1
Rainbow SuperStar

Re: Introduction

Post by majic1 » Thu Sep 23, 2004 1:55 am

ann3120 wrote:.....and question #2: when I'm downloading custom levels, where are the ones that don't have a paper clip? I can tell people have played them by reading the posts, but how can I find them.
If a post doesn't have a paper clip, there's no level to download in that post - if people have commented on a level in a post where there's no paper clip, most likely the level is in another post; OR there are a few where the level has actually been deleted, but that IS rare!

And - Welcome to the forum!! :D
Majicaleetarina
lizwiz
Rainbow Wonderlander

Re: Introduction

Post by lizwiz » Fri Sep 24, 2004 11:49 am

ann3120 wrote:Hi Everybody - I've never posted to a forum before, ever, so please excuse my mistakes (in etiquette, that is). My name is Ann and I'm a Brit living in South Texas, and the 3120 was the telephone number we had when I was growing up in Purley, Surrey. I've been in the US for 40 years now - that also makes me an "oldie" at 63.
Hi Ann, I was born in Purley, Surrey and probably lived there whilst you were there. I only moved to the other side of London in '76 some time after I got married. I went back the other day - you'd never recognise it!

I'm new to the whole wonderland scene and seriously ignorant of the jargon. What's a 'chipster'?

Liz the Wiz
Liz (the Wiz)
No trees were killed in the making of this message...however, a large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced
Jersey
Rainbow Wizard

Post by Jersey » Fri Sep 24, 2004 7:32 pm

Hey Liz! Welcome aboard! :D

A "Chipster" refers to a person who plays a game with a similar name, "Chips Ahoy" or some such thing.

majic1
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by majic1 » Fri Sep 24, 2004 8:01 pm

Jersey wrote:Hey Liz! Welcome aboard! :D

A "Chipster" refers to a person who plays a game with a similar name, "Chips Ahoy" or some such thing.
You mean Chips Challenge. Chips Ahoy is a cookie. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Majicaleetarina
ann3120
Rainbow Star

Post by ann3120 » Fri Sep 24, 2004 11:37 pm

Thank you ALL for your answers.

Hi Lizwiz - nice to meet another Brit from Purley. We lived there from 1946 until I moved to the US in 1964 & my parents moved to Sussex.

You are right - there are many changes, I think even the old fountain has gone :( :(

Jersey - You must be right - it's the keyboard :cry: :cry: I plan to steal my husband's when he's not looking and see if his works better :roll: :roll:

Majic1 - I think I'm downloading classic custom levels from pages 10 & 11 now and there seem to be so many without paperclips. I know I'm signed in, so I must be missing something else.

I'm just a dummy when it comes to computer stuff. I haven't even figured out yet how you write the quotes from some one's previous post :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Old age & loss of brain power has caught up with me at last - I've been running as fast as I can but it got me.

Lizwiz - Chips Challenge was a game on Microsoft's Entertainment Pack quite a few years ago. It was also box pushing & solving probs like we do in Wonderland - but not nearly as much fun :D :D

:) :) :) :) and besides - all these Wonderlanders are so nice :) :) :) :)
majic1
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by majic1 » Sat Sep 25, 2004 12:39 am

ann3120 wrote:Majic1 - I think I'm downloading classic custom levels from pages 10 & 11 now and there seem to be so many without paperclips. I know I'm signed in, so I must be missing something else.
You're not missing anything! I looked at those pages & others. If there's no paper clip, there's no level there to download. Some of them are just posts with no level, which we're not supposed to do in the level forums, but people do it once in awhile anyway. A LOT of those used to have levels, but they've been removed for some reason. Looks like most of the levels that have been removed are Carolyn's. The author or Midnight Synergy are the only ones who can remove the download, so I believe Carolyn probably removed those, maybe to keep her download quota down or something. However, when you get the Deluxe, most of these levels will be included. If you'd like some of these downloads, you could PM Carolyn & see if she'd PM those to you as an attachment.

(Also, to do a quote, in the post, click on the "Quote" button in the upper right corner of the reply. Delete the parts you don't want, or keep the whole thing, and then space down and put you message under that. I hope I explained that right!)
Majicaleetarina
ann3120
Rainbow Star

Post by ann3120 » Sat Sep 25, 2004 4:19 am

majic1 wrote:
However, when you get the Deluxe, most of these levels will be included.

(Also, to do a quote, in the post, click on the "Quote" button in the upper right corner of the reply. Delete the parts you don't want, or keep the whole thing, and then space down and put you message under that. I hope I explained that right!)
If this works, then your explaination was just fine. Thank you, thank you :lol: :lol: :lol:

Looks like I'll have to get the Deluxe version too. Was going to wait a while - it looks a bit awesome and I'm not very brave !!!!
Jersey
Rainbow Wizard

Post by Jersey » Sat Sep 25, 2004 4:44 am

majic1 wrote:
Jersey wrote:Hey Liz! Welcome aboard! :D

You mean Chips Challenge. Chips Ahoy is a cookie. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
What do you expect, read my sig! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

majic1
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by majic1 » Sat Sep 25, 2004 4:46 am

Perfect! You did the quote! Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

YES - Get the Deluxe - you will not be sorry - it's MORE than worth it!!! It is AWESOME (that's my opinion anyway :twisted: !!!! :D
Majicaleetarina
Jersey
Rainbow Wizard

Post by Jersey » Sat Sep 25, 2004 4:47 am

majic1 wrote:YES - Get the Deluxe - you will not be sorry - it's MORE than worth it!!! It is AWESOME (that's my opinion anyway :twisted: !!!! :D
And Mine!!!!!!!! :D

dog810

Well...

Post by dog810 » Sun Sep 25, 2005 4:41 pm

Thats one way but i am not sure if it will work with every option.