IMPORTANT FYI ABOUT SEARCHFORREALITY-PLEASE READ

The place to introduce yourselves, meet other players, etc.

Moderators: ~xpr'd~, tyteen4a03, Emerald141, Qloof234, jdl

Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

IMPORTANT FYI ABOUT SEARCHFORREALITY-PLEASE READ

Post by Wonderman109 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:08 pm

Hi everyone. This is my post explaining SFR to you all. Including Emerald, including Sammy_P, including WK, everyone.

I think it's important I clear this up with everyone, including people who believed previously that I am the same person as SearchForReality:

Ever since my friend SFR joined, he's been pretty much spamming the WAE3 adventure sub-forum. Friend, you ask? Yes, SFR is my friend. You can tell because we kind of write the same. Maybe I'm a little less formal. He got interested in Wonderland a few years ago, and has bought a couple of the games, (I think it was RTW and MoFI, not sure though.)

Because I have the same games as him, he plays at my house sometimes when he comes over. (I should note he's a couple years younger than me.) He does also have the WAE2, and apparently now the WAE3.

One day when he came over, I was busy sorting something out with my parents, and he used the time to make 'Greetings,' the four-wlv WA2 level. He then put it in a completely different folder from Wonderland, and I didn't know about it.

So, when I found the level on April 22, I was actually confused. I shared it hoping for answers, but I got an explanation from him about the thing and that it was supposed to be an April Fool's prank. He forgot about it himself, which is why it didn't make sense to me.

Then, Sammy_P emailed me asking if it was real or not, to which I gave him part of that explanation. Only a part, in case I changed my mind. So, we plotted to make a fake account that he would control, and we would make collab levels together in a The End style.

But both of us got bored of it eventually, and we never made the account, and only half of one level. So, when I told my friend, he had an idea. HE could be SFR. I thought this would be pretty funny, so I didn't reject right away. I played along, kind of overdoing trying to not seem to be SFR. I decided it would then be smart to vanish from the forums suddenly to not get accused of this.

Since then, I have worked with him typing up weird messages and making weird levels on my computer. Occasionally, I would do it by myself, which also explains why SFR writes a bit like Wonderman. Sometimes on his computer we would work, but we always posted it on my computer so if there was ever trouble, I could just say I was the same person as SFR. Technically, I am half that person. To make it even funnier, we told people who thought we were one person that we were, (is that proper grammar, IDK,) like MNIK and SS01.

But since I do have SFR's password, I could check his PMs, and that was what set me off a bit. My friend, when I let him alone working away at this prank while I was doing other things, started threatening people. In a way. He told LexieTheFox he would kill her, although it wasn't worded like that. You just don't say things like that online. Because he apparently let her eat 'SearchForBacon' (yes, MNIK, we all know that's you.) There was also making somewhat threatening posts to WK, and I don't remember who else.

So I told him yesterday that's it, that it was going on for too long, and he was understandably a little upset, because he was working hard on his levels. But he got over it, because he bounces back faster than me.

So, I am here to say two things: The explanation of how me and my friend whose name I'll keep private for him, that you've just read. And second, that I am going to continue keeping SFR alive with him, but under these conditions.

1. EVERYONE, and that is EVERYONE, who wants to talk with or play levels made by our account should read this post first. Just so they're aware this IS a joke and not real. There's no such creepypasta as SFR.

2. Under SFR, my friend and I will release more weird levels in the same style as before. We will pretend this post does not exist while under that account. Everyone should also do the same, (I will under WM too.) It would be a bit of a play, not to say a forum game because I know that's not allowed. But you don't have to act, it's fine to just say what you think about the levels. The codes in the levels are solvable if hard, (I make most of them because I'm good with that sort of thing,) and they will still piece together an explanation once all the levels planned are done.

To say that, this won't go on forever. Once it's done, my friend will change SFR's password and use it by himself as a regular account on his own computer. You're probably asking why he hasn't done that in the first place, he was too shy when he first got the WAE. By going under a guise that was partially me, he got over it. After this, he will just be normal. Or try to.

That's it.
:mrgreen: :mrgreen:
llarson
Rainbow Star

Post by llarson » Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:17 pm

Well that was a mouthful.

Well anyways, now that you being SFR is off the table.

Welcome to the forums SearchForReality! :mrgreen:
Last edited by llarson on Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"Cabbage is useless"~Came to me in a dream
"Aparagus is Unlovable"~Common knowledge
"Radishes are Ugly"~Came to my mind
My Level List
LexieTheFox
Rainbow Master

Post by LexieTheFox » Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:18 pm

This post has been removed.

I do not like either of these people.
Last edited by LexieTheFox on Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rawr.
Fear me, I bite! >:3
Wonderland King
Rainbow Master

Post by Wonderland King » Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:23 pm

Thanks for explaining everything, but about the threatening PMs to me, to be honest, I was trying to get more information. My first PM to SFR was to ask if you'd be back soon because I needed help with one of your levels. That was a lie. (Although I confess that I'm stumped. :wink:.) I was just trying to see what information I could get from PMing him - which is why I continued the conversation. (I also continued a conversation with him as dsw after I thought he wouldn't want to talk to me anymore, saying that dsw was a friend of mine. If you look at any post where I acknowledged we're the same person, it was edited recently.)
Wonderland King
Rainbow Master

Post by Wonderland King » Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:28 pm

DP, but is there going to be anything in the level codes that we don't know already?
LexieTheFox
Rainbow Master

Post by LexieTheFox » Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:40 pm

This post has been removed.

I do not like either of these people.
Last edited by LexieTheFox on Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rawr.
Fear me, I bite! >:3
samuelthx
Rainbow Master

Post by samuelthx » Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:50 am

Ok I didn't read anything

Tbh though, I think that the "threats" from SFR were more funny than anything. I don't think he meant it in earnest, so that's ok.

I had guessed that he was your brother. Looks like I was wrong. :P I did know that you guys were sharing the same computer though
Wonderland King
Rainbow Master

Re: IMPORTANT FYI ABOUT SEARCHFORREALITY-PLEASE READ

Post by Wonderland King » Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:51 am

Now I have some time to read through the quote more carefully.
Wonderman109 wrote: I think it's important I clear this up with everyone, including people who believed previously that I am the same person as SearchForReality
To be honest, that was just one of many theories. Although it did increase my suspicions when SFR added the message about you not returning for a while only shortly after I shared my suspicion. Oh well.
Wonderman109 wrote:(I should note he's a couple years younger than me.)
How old would that be? :oops:
Wonderman109 wrote:So, when I found the level on April 22, I was actually confused. I shared it hoping for answers, but I got an explanation from him about the thing and that it was supposed to be an April Fool's prank. He forgot about it himself, which is why it didn't make sense to me.
If he forgot about it, then how did you ever find out?

@samuelthx: How did you know? Did a mod tell you? Are they even allowed to?
SearchForReality
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by SearchForReality » Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:53 am

llarson wrote:Well that was a mouthful.

Well anyways, now that you being SFR is off the table.

Welcome to the forums SearchForReality! :mrgreen:
Thank you! :) This looks like a comfortable place. I've never been on a forum until now, so this is probably a good place to start. :wink:

LexieTheFox wrote:Ah well, it was fun while it lasted.

And I asked for a nibble, a nibble.

eventhoughisecretlyateawholestrip
Lexie, this is NOT over. SFB is my brother, for your info. He's not MNIK, whatever Wonderman says. If I've said that, I was lying.

LexieTheFox wrote: Now that it's all cleared up though. May I just say it's nice to formally meet you, SFR. If you're reading this. Really, this was fun~ :)

EDIT: Oh I missed a spot. So it's going to continue! Ha! That's music to my.. twitchy ears..? Yeah let's go with that. The fun never ends, yay~!
It will probably end when it gets old, but we have at least 10 more levels until that, based on the planning of me and Wonderman. :mrgreen: do.not.kill.me.for.bad.grammar.

Wonderland King wrote:Thanks for explaining everything, but about the threatening PMs to me, to be honest, I was trying to get more information. My first PM to SFR was to ask if you'd be back soon because I needed help with one of your levels. That was a lie. (Although I confess that I'm stumped. :wink:.) I was just trying to see what information I could get from PMing him - which is why I continued the conversation. (I also continued a conversation with him as dsw after I thought he wouldn't want to talk to me anymore, saying that dsw was a friend of mine. If you look at any post where I acknowledged we're the same person, it was edited recently.)
I will help with any codes. Wonderman may not though, he's too proud. Also, keep in mind that since we are still sharing his computer for the time being, we cannot both be online at the same time. So PMing may cause issues.

However, I think Wonderman is losing interest in Wonderland. (It's funny considering his name.) He already said before this he's stopping on adventure-making, and he told me that he's considering taking a complete break. In that case, I can post almost full-time.

Wonderland King wrote:DP, but is there going to be anything in the level codes that we don't know already?
All the codes of the levels insofar are about how Wonderman and I are not the same person, but that we are. (That is, we share the SFR account.)

However, our antics are far from over. There will be more surprises as the three of us work onwards. So expect codes on deeper matters.
Also not every level has to have codes. :3

LexieTheFox wrote:
Wonderland King wrote:DP, but is there going to be anything in the level codes that we don't know already?
I second this question. The level codes are some of my favorite parts to your levels!

Granted I had to ask for confirmation on my suspicions for what I got on the second half of the code (I knew most of the pattern but I wasn't entirely sure, it's obvious who I asked~)

It was still fun to decode, so I hope there are more suprises down the road in that department!
For sure, but try to figure out the ones right now. Hint: Many are anagrams, which are basically words or phrases with letters mixed around a bit. 'Reality bore' could become 'Layer ore bit,' as an example.

samuelthx wrote:Ok I didn't read anything

Tbh though, I think that the "threats" from SFR were more funny than anything. I don't think he meant it in earnest, so that's ok.

I had guessed that he was your brother. Looks like I was wrong. :P I did know that you guys were sharing the same computer though
Well actually, we live in the same condominium and go to the same school, so that makes us almost as close. :) It's also how I can post here almost every day.
PMs and emails closed until further notice.
samuelthx
Rainbow Master

Re: IMPORTANT FYI ABOUT SEARCHFORREALITY-PLEASE READ

Post by samuelthx » Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:22 am

Wonderland King wrote:@samuelthx: How did you know? Did a mod tell you? Are they even allowed to?
Nope, they didn't tell me his IP. Even if they did, I wouldn't know as Wonderman most likely has a dynamic IP (thanks tyteen).
Perhaps I should clarify. It was more of a logical deduction than anything else. Many clues, but the most telling one was the lava. When you compare Wonderman's lava with MNIK's, for example, Wonderman's is distinct. That's how I thought that the two were closely related.

@SFR: A warm welcome! It's great to see new active members, we haven't had one since Jutomi. I'm looking forward to playing your levels!

@Wonderman: NO DON'T GO!
SearchForReality
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by SearchForReality » Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:26 pm

What IS the best way to make lava anyways? :P I have not had time to play many levels yet, but how does MNIK make it? I like to use black floor tiles most of the time, so it looks 'burnt.'

@ Wonderman leaving: I tried to convince him, but he is just plain bored of Wonderland right now. He told me he'll make a short level saying bye, then take his 'sabbatical.'
samuelthx
Rainbow Master

Post by samuelthx » Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:43 pm

SearchForReality wrote:What IS the best way to make lava anyways? :P I have not had time to play many levels yet, but how does MNIK make it? I like to use black floor tiles most of the time, so it looks 'burnt.'
I'm not sure! :lol: Each person has a different way of making lava. If you want you could look at the MOFI lava for the "official" version :P. IMO Wonderman makes the most realistic-looking lava here.
Wonderland King
Rainbow Master

Post by Wonderland King » Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:11 am

SearchForReality wrote:@ Wonderman leaving: I tried to convince him, but he is just plain bored of Wonderland right now. He told me he'll make a short level saying bye, then take his 'sabbatical.'
He'll be back every once in a while to say hi, right? :D
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:20 am

Oh, I'm not leaving. This is just going to be a break for a month, maybe less. :)
All the codes of the levels insofar are about how Wonderman and I are not the same person, but that we are. (That is, we share the SFR account.)

However, our antics are far from over. There will be more surprises as the three of us work onwards. So expect codes on deeper matters.
Also not every level has to have codes. :3 [/quote]

Don't you mean four of us? You forgot Sammy_P.
SearchForReality
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by SearchForReality » Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:15 am

Wonderman109 wrote:
quote me

Also not every level has to have codes. :3

unquote

Don't you mean four of us? You forgot Sammy_P.
I meant that.
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:56 pm

Welcome to the forums, SearchForReality! :D

What a dynamic entry you had here. :lol:

But uh, when you guys post more "creepypasta" levels, make sure to value quality over quantity, okay? Long periods of nothing but walking through darkness gets boring fast, and the Custom Adventures forum is overflowing with that stuff right now.

@my lava: I just leave the bottom of the lava tiles as-is. For some reason, lava seems to become opaque most of the time in-game. As you probably know, I don't put a lot of effort into the realism department of my adventures. :lol:
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:57 pm

I use lava with dark tiles or black tiles most of the time, but it's not for realism. It just seems to me that red lava looks pink, which is not a very hot colour.