A Confession

The place to introduce yourselves, meet other players, etc.

Moderators: ~xpr'd~, tyteen4a03, Emerald141, Qloof234, jdl

LexieTheFox
Rainbow Master

A Confession

Post by LexieTheFox » Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:46 pm

... Yeah. This is going to be the most... painful thing for me to write. Arguably, the most terrifying, as I don't know how any of you will react. (i dont have high hopes, it's why I've been so scared to write this.)

Hello, everyone.

... I have something to say. and.. it's kind of a big deal. By no means do I really feel good about it.. more the opposite. I feel wrong. Guilty. ... and above all else terrified.

I am not who you think I am... I dont doubt some have had ideas.. but... the thing is... and please, let me explain myself before you judge me. There's a bit of a lot to this.

... I am Tails the fox,

I'll layer this out a bit so it's.. easier to read over all. Please, read all of it. At the very least, give me that much of a chance.

What do you mean?
A while back, I used to go by Tails The Fox on here. I would say I had a girlfriend, and sometimes posted as 'Lexie'. She was never real. She was fictional.

Why did you do this?
This is.. possibly the only reason I don't feel absolutely terrible. I did this when I was really young. 10 to say the least.. I was young, and stupid, and still learning about life in general and what things you really just shouldn't do.

Obviously.. The choice to just fall into Lexie was one that, as a young and sort of misguided kid, I found easy to choose. I never did this out of ill will. Even as a kid, that wasn't the intention. Over time it just sort of... became who I was on here. Something that I can no longer stand for. Something that I.. just can't deal with anymore.

Why should this matter?

My young age left me unaware of just how bad this could get. Not just because it was a lie, but the consequences. As of recently, I've grown more, and more troubled over this. and I can no longer keep it in. I just.. can't.

How much of 'Lexie' was real?

Most of that was still truly just me.

The grammar was just me improving in it overall, the attitude is still me. Most of it is.. still me. The only things I truly lied about, were who I was, my relations, my name(s), and.. what gender I was. As I've said, I never meant any true ill will with this towards anyone. This wasnt some secret dastardly plot to fool all of wonderland like an evil villain, or.. anything like that.

No.. It's just me. ... six years later. Forced to face the music of a lie that my idiotic younger self made so long ago.

Final Thoughts

I needed to get this out. ... I'm terrified of the response. But.. please.. just think about what I've said. It took a lot.. and I mean that, to say this. I feel ashamed over it, and I feel guilty. It's creepy for this sort of thing to happen.. and weird.. even if I never meant any ill will I can't help feeling slightly disgusted as well.

I'm sorry.
jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by jdl » Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:21 am

It's alright, everybody makes mistakes.
I'm not sure why you think this is a big deal though. It's really just a surprise more than anything else. Don't worry about it. :)
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Oh Boy

Post by Jutomi » Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:26 am

Hello, Lexie!

First, nice to see you again. :D

Second, I never knew you that well, so... I honestly can't say I'm surprised,
but to be honest, from stories I've heard, you acted not significantly differently from most of the wonderlanders whom have migrated to Epigam. :lol:

Third, As for lying about your gender - I haven't lied about it, but I still haven't revealed it to any but one Wonderlander(and I won't tell you who either).
In fact, someone seems possibly a little "interested" in me across the internet
whom thinks I'm a different gender than what I am. :P

Fourth, I personally don't think you need to be sorry, Lexie. :o
Or - would you prefer I called you Lexie, or would you prefer Tails? :?
I mean, I could call you something else even, if you'd prefer it.

Fifth, I've always wondered who Tails the Fox was or where they went. :lol:
Your only little stinker that's absolutely NOT a z-bot by this name,
Jutomi~ :mrgreen:

Also, if you want to see my level list, here it is! :D
(Also: List of Hubs, WA Manual)
Oh, and my YT wonderland channel. Forgot about that.
LexieTheFox
Rainbow Master

Post by LexieTheFox » Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:29 am

@Jdl - Thank you. ... I've.. been anxious. Moreso than I should have been I guess. ... It just felt so... out there.

@Jutomi - Thank you as well!

For your questions about what I'd like to be called.. I'm not sure. I'm not even sure if I want to go by 'Tails' or 'Lexie' anymore.. as I use a new title now-a-days. I'm working on that.

Third - Fair enough.

Fifth - Well.. Now you know! Tails has been here the whole time... like a lurker, except not really. =relieved shrug=
billy bob
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by billy bob » Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:05 am

I always thought Tails and Lexie were the same person, always. I thought the whole "Tails and Lexie being different people" was an ongoing joke that everyone was playing along with. I'm pretty sure I mentioned it somewhere all those years ago.
LexieTheFox
Rainbow Master

Post by LexieTheFox » Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:08 am

,.. Yeah... At times I honestly considered 'Well.. some people must know..??'

Either way... it's better that it's just out there now, and not unclear. I feel a lot better now too!

... by the way, I don't see you around all that often.. so hi, billy!
Rawr.
Fear me, I bite! >:3
garirry
Rainbow Star

Post by garirry » Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:28 am

Hello! I understand how you feel. Sometimes, feeling underwhelmed because of people's perception of your behaviour (I'm referring to how you felt in the past) is perfectly understandable, and naturally, you'd want to pretend to be someone else entirely. Don't worry, we are not angry at all. Pretty much all of us started as young and annoying little kiddies, including myself, but we all grew up.

No worries :)
Wonderland King
Rainbow Master

Post by Wonderland King » Fri Apr 15, 2016 6:33 am

Hey, no worries - good to see you back. :)
ab-47
Rainbow Star

Post by ab-47 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:21 am

Welcome back Lexie!

I am personally okay with it since I can't remember who Tails the Fox was. :lol: :oops:

But hey, we all used to be young and have this weird thinking. Besides, feeling embarrassed about something you did when you were younger is alright, it's like reviewing your elementary school photos and then think "Oh my god, did I really look like that?" :wink:
|Cookie|
Rainbow Star

Post by |Cookie| » Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:09 pm

Hlelo, Lexie! It's nice to see you once again!

It's really no big deal, don't worry about it! We've all made mistakes in the past, we're not going to judge you for something you did 6 years ago. So relax, there's nothing to be afraid of. :mrgreen:

Welcome back! :wink:
[size=0]EDIT: 1777th post.[/size]
Previously known as "kidkidaaa1"
My level list
My hub: TTN
Woof Woof
LexieTheFox
Rainbow Master

Post by LexieTheFox » Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:28 pm

Thank you all. I was initially very nervous about the response I'd get.. but now I'm just relieved.

To anyone who reads this.. You can call me Tails if you really want to. You can continue calling me Lexie,

though.. my official nametag now a days is Dark Acheron Sunset. So you can call me any of those as well!
Rawr.
Blazeknight
Rainbow Master

Post by Blazeknight » Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:51 pm

What you did is totally okay... it's totally normal for somebody to start over if they weren't successful or something first...

Well, you know actually, I believe I lied thrice as Guppy Star, Dark Drago, and Hammer Bro. Thinking about the kid I was the same six years ago, I can't help but smile politely and say 'Whoa, that sure was one crazy life I had back then' :lol
Happy to Help!

Check out my works @ http://quaziiquce.webs.com
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:37 pm

Blazeknight wrote:What you did is totally okay... it's totally normal for somebody to start over if they weren't successful or something first...

Well, you know actually, I believe I lied thrice as Guppy Star, Dark Drago, and Hammer Bro. Thinking about the kid I was the same six years ago, I can't help but smile politely and say 'Whoa, that sure was one crazy life I had back then' :lol
Or me as SearchForReality. :P There's no reason to feel scared Tails, it's something we can all laugh over, just like how bad my jokes still are.

billy bob wrote:I always thought Tails and Lexie were the same person, always. I thought the whole "Tails and Lexie being different people" was an ongoing joke that everyone was playing along with. I'm pretty sure I mentioned it somewhere all those years ago.
Shame you don't post here more often, you figure out things quickly, Billy.
LittleZbot
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by LittleZbot » Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:36 pm

Woah, has it already been six years? I remember when Tails the Fox first joined, and when he introduced Lexie, and how both of them kept taking alternating turns in Wefight and forum games...

I'm surprised to say that I'm surprised. I greatly suspected that Lexie wasn't real at first, but as I grew to know both of you, that idea just kind of faded away. Honestly, I think it's kind of cool. Two people who alternate posts, having conversations and different reactions to the same thing actually being the same person? I don't know, I just think it's awesome, in a weird kind of way. Like something from a movie.

Considering I knew "Lexie" a little more than Tails, thanks to things like my crappy old Zippy fanfiction, I hope you don't mind if I call you Lexie every once in a while by accident.
To Shorty, who was immortalized in an adventure.
To Marinus, who was my community older brother.
To Janet, who I will remember every time I wear a toque.

May these lost Wonderlanders find true adventure beyond us.
Discord: LittleZbot#3936
LexieTheFox
Rainbow Master

Post by LexieTheFox » Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:58 pm

It's totally fine, I don't mind! I'm still just relieved this was as smooth as it was... though at the same time I can't help but feel incredibly happy now that the weight I had on me is gone.
Rawr.
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 12:16 am

Alright, welcome back then. :)