G̶o̶o̶d̶b̶y̶e̶ ̶E̶v̶e̶r̶y̶o̶n̶e̶ I'm Back For Now (Update)

The place to introduce yourselves, meet other players, etc.

Moderators: ~xpr'd~, tyteen4a03, Emerald141, Qloof234, jdl

jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

G̶o̶o̶d̶b̶y̶e̶ ̶E̶v̶e̶r̶y̶o̶n̶e̶ I'm Back For Now (Update)

Post by jdl » Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:32 pm

A̶ ̶n̶e̶w̶ ̶y̶e̶a̶r̶ ̶c̶o̶m̶e̶s̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶n̶e̶w̶ ̶c̶h̶a̶n̶g̶e̶s̶.̶

I̶t̶'̶s̶ ̶h̶a̶r̶d̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶m̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶s̶a̶y̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶,̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶I̶'̶m̶ ̶g̶o̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶l̶e̶a̶v̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶u̶m̶.̶ ̶I̶'̶v̶e̶ ̶d̶e̶c̶i̶d̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶I̶ ̶w̶a̶n̶t̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶s̶p̶e̶n̶d̶ ̶m̶o̶r̶e̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶t̶i̶m̶e̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶f̶a̶m̶i̶l̶y̶ ̶f̶r̶o̶m̶ ̶n̶o̶w̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶i̶n̶s̶t̶e̶a̶d̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶c̶o̶m̶p̶u̶t̶e̶r̶,̶ ̶s̶o̶ ̶I̶ ̶w̶o̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶m̶o̶d̶e̶r̶a̶t̶i̶n̶g̶,̶ ̶p̶o̶s̶t̶i̶n̶g̶,̶ ̶e̶t̶c̶.̶ ̶a̶n̶y̶m̶o̶r̶e̶.̶

I̶t̶'̶s̶ ̶b̶e̶e̶n̶ ̶a̶ ̶l̶o̶t̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶f̶u̶n̶ ̶b̶e̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶a̶ ̶p̶a̶r̶t̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶u̶m̶ ̶o̶v̶e̶r̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶y̶e̶a̶r̶s̶,̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶I̶'̶m̶ ̶v̶e̶r̶y̶ ̶g̶r̶a̶t̶e̶f̶u̶l̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶e̶x̶p̶e̶r̶i̶e̶n̶c̶e̶.̶ ̶I̶ ̶w̶a̶n̶t̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶n̶k̶ ̶e̶v̶e̶r̶y̶b̶o̶d̶y̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶I̶'̶v̶e̶ ̶m̶e̶t̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶h̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶a̶l̶l̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶j̶o̶y̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶h̶a̶p̶p̶i̶n̶e̶s̶s̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶'̶v̶e̶ ̶g̶i̶v̶e̶n̶ ̶m̶e̶.̶ ̶I̶'̶d̶ ̶a̶l̶s̶o̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶n̶k̶ ̶P̶a̶t̶r̶i̶c̶k̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶w̶o̶n̶d̶e̶r̶f̶u̶l̶ ̶g̶a̶m̶e̶s̶ ̶h̶e̶ ̶h̶a̶s̶ ̶c̶r̶e̶a̶t̶e̶d̶.̶

T̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶w̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶l̶a̶s̶t̶ ̶p̶o̶s̶t̶,̶ ̶s̶o̶ ̶I̶ ̶w̶o̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶r̶e̶s̶p̶o̶n̶d̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶a̶n̶y̶b̶o̶d̶y̶,̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶I̶ ̶w̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶d̶e̶f̶i̶n̶i̶t̶e̶l̶y̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶c̶h̶e̶c̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶r̶e̶a̶d̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶n̶e̶x̶t̶ ̶f̶e̶w̶ ̶w̶e̶e̶k̶s̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶r̶e̶a̶d̶ ̶r̶e̶p̶l̶i̶e̶s̶.̶
T̶h̶a̶n̶k̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶a̶l̶l̶ ̶a̶g̶a̶i̶n̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶e̶v̶e̶r̶y̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶,̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶k̶e̶e̶p̶ ̶p̶u̶s̶h̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶h̶o̶s̶e̶ ̶b̶o̶x̶e̶s̶.̶

Hello,

Please see my post below for an update.

Thank you,

- jdl
Wonderland King
Rainbow Master

Post by Wonderland King » Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:02 am

Farewell, jdl. Do think of us from time to time, and best of luck with whatever you're doing. :)
Timecrokba
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by Timecrokba » Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:10 am

Goodbye JDL, you will be missed.

May you find more adventures beyond Wonderland, and have a great life.
Chip
Rainbow Star

Post by Chip » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:09 am

Bye, jdl.

Thanks for the great job you've done here. :D
All the best to you and your family.
ab-47
Rainbow Star

Post by ab-47 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:27 pm

Bye. :)

[size=0]test[/size]
Last edited by ab-47 on Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
billy bob
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by billy bob » Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:09 am

Bye jdl96. :(

*ahem*
Last edited by billy bob on Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
garirry
Rainbow Star

Post by garirry » Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:46 am

Good bye jdl, it was fun while it lasted.

I can see why a lot of people might be leaving. There haven't been any progress of any Wonderland game since the editor was released, and most people have migrated from this forum to either Epigam, the Discord chat, or some other community. I don't consider myself ever officially leaving (as in making an official post), but it might be possible I simply don't become active, since activity here is very diminishing.

There are a few people here who are interested in Wonderland still, but this isn't for me. I moved on, I've joined another great community, and while I love Wonderland and I'll definitely come back should there be a new game announcement, I can't see myself being on here as much as I used to. I guess that's just natural, there's great stuff here like Wonderland Speedruns, but that's about it, and I think it's just not that interesting anymore.

Anyway, I'm not "leaving" myself, but I'd just want to say good bye once again to jdl and also just say that honestly, I realise I'm not that active on this forum anymore.
Emerald141
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Emerald141 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:18 pm

tyteen4a03
Rainbow AllStar

Post by tyteen4a03 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:34 pm

So long, and thanks for all the fish. :wink:
and the duck went moo

Beep bloop
RoberTime
Rainbow Seeker

Post by RoberTime » Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:58 am

Have a good new year, JDL, and goodbye. You will be missed.

I will also be missing the catsrong ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:15 pm

Goodbye jdl, and thank you for everything you have done to lead this community. We will miss you.
garirry wrote: I can see why a lot of people might be leaving...

I don't consider myself ever officially leaving (as in making an official post), but it might be possible I simply don't become active, since activity here is very diminishing.
Point in straight. A lot of us have enjoyed Wonderland for years now and yet the excitement's falling off, especially as it seems the series is closed now. I'm one of the people who still likes it, but that's mostly because I'm dedicated to finishing FNAS and anything else I've forgot from years ago.

Dark Drago/ Blazeknight once pointed out though, that even though people get bored of Wonderland often, they come back because of its mystical allure. Wonderland is one of the only games I know that has the perfect proportions of atmosphere and plot, puzzle and action, enigma and knowledge. I'm not saying that you guys or anyone else should feel like they have to keep up interest, but it's sad to see such an elaborate game series and community start to come to a close.
FinnThor
Rainbow Master

Re: Goodbye Everyone

Post by FinnThor » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:15 pm

jdl wrote:A new year comes with new changes.

It's hard for me to say this, but I'm going to be leaving the forum. I've decided that I want to spend more of my time with my family from now on instead of the computer, so I won't be moderating, posting, etc. anymore.

It's been a lot of fun being a part of this forum over the years, and I'm very grateful for the experience. I want to thank everybody that I've met on here for all the joy and happiness you've given me. I'd also like to thank Patrick for the wonderful games he has created.

This will be my last post, so I won't be responding to anybody, but I will definitely be checking this thread for the next few weeks to read replies.
Thank you all again for everything, and keep pushing those boxes.

- jdl
Goodbye jdl! I give you good luck in your travels!
Cheese!

Cheese Vs Pirates, featuring Finn, Timecrokba, and Yoda!
myuacc1studios
Rainbow Wizard

Post by myuacc1studios » Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:48 pm

jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

Update

Post by jdl » Wed Jun 03, 2020 3:28 am

Hello. Yes, I'm still alive.

It's been a little while, but I'm back. Sort of. I say that because I'm probably only going to visit occasionally when I have the time, or when I'm feeling up to it (more on that later).

I see a lot has changed since I left. The forum has gotten an upgrade (I do kind of miss the Subsilver theme though!), a new CD is out that I have yet to buy, and most importantly the WA source code is out! I've read about - and played around with - a certain project that's being worked on (OpenWA), and so far I'm very impressed! Well done! I'll post in that subforum soon about some bugs/ideas/contributions that I have. I also look forward to trying out WA Sharp when it's out.
But anyway, let's move on.

There's a reason why I left that I didn't mention, because honestly, I wasn't sure what was going on myself at the time. For a while before I left, I started developing a lot of anxiety and paranoia over random things that I had no reason to be anxious or paranoid over. Then I started getting intrusive thoughts, and it started to take longer and longer to do certain daily tasks like getting dressed, because I had to keep doing things over and over until it "felt right". I felt like I was literally going insane. As you've probably guessed by now, I have OCD. It's been very hard dealing with it these past few years. Sometime last year I finally had enough and went to see a doctor about it, and I'm now on some medication. Things aren't as bad as it was when it first started, but it's still a daily struggle. In fact, I've had several problems while trying to write this post. I've also noticed that the medication seems to make me tired sometimes, and the intrusive thoughts are still there. On top of all that, my grandmother has dimensia now, and can be a handful to deal with.

With all that said, I'll still lurk and post here and there whenever I have time (and if I'm feeling alright) and I'll still try to moderate the posts that I see. Because of my situation, I have also decided to turn off private messaging, because I may not be able to respond in a timely manner. If you need a moderator's help in private, I suggest messaging one of the other moderators (tyteen seems to be the most active mod here). Also, please remember to use the report post button whenever you see something that needs attention.

And to all of my chat buddies reading this:
I hope you are all doing well. Unfortunately, I just don't have the time nor energy anymore to chat. It will just cause me more anxiety/stress and make my OCD act up. That is why I deleted my Discord account. I hope you all understand, and I hope that I have worded all of that in a way that makes sense.

Finally, I just ask that we keep things about Wonderland. With the source code now out, the possibilities of new and exciting things coming in the future is what has drawn me back. Who knows, I may even make some more adventures one day. Video games usually ease my mind. Anyway, I've let this post get way too long now, so I'll end it here.

Thank you all for understanding,

- jdl
rainbowmon
Rainbow Keeper

Re: G̶o̶o̶d̶b̶y̶e̶ ̶E̶v̶e̶r̶y̶o̶n̶e̶ I'm Back For Now (Update)

Post by rainbowmon » Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:29 am

Sounds like things are rather tough for you here of late... May caring and nature be with you.

In any case, welcome back, jdl!
Rainbowmon of the Care-Monic Spirits
Kamerson
Platinum Wonderlander

Post by Kamerson » Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:32 am

Hey, jdl! I'm a newcomer to the forums! Sorry to hear about your anxiety and OCD, hope things work out for you!
Hi, I'm Kamerson! I'm a pretty experienced puzzle gamer! Check out my Twitch channel where I have livestreams every Monday and Friday, sometimes playing the Wonderland games!

https://www.twitch.tv/kamerson
Lazy Loof
Rainbow Wizard

Post by Lazy Loof » Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:04 pm

Hi, I'm also a newbie here since 2018. Welcome back to the forums, jdl! I'm sorry to hear about your OCD, hope you're doing well.

TBH I haven't read your suggestions post in the Open Source forum fully as it's too big and I don't have time currently, but I'll surely check it out and give comments. Sorry but it's life oh well :roll:

Hope you will enjoy your stay here!

Best Wishes,
Lazy Loof
Previously known as Aryan101
tyteen4a03
Rainbow AllStar

Post by tyteen4a03 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:44 am

Glad to have you back around here!
and the duck went moo

Beep bloop
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Jutomi » Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:28 am

Sorry to read that, JDL. Glad to see you're still mostly alright, though. ^-^

Things are going alright over in epicord. Paravel's left, though we've got another couple folks that hang around.
Most of us are doing fine, save for the occasional drama or relative unfeelingwellness, particularly amongst a couple of us.

Even I myself can somewhat relate to having no energy to do things and feeling like you're losing your mind.
My coworkers would sometimes joke about how I'm too young to have dimensia, given how completely scatterbrained and unfocused I could be.

I think it's at least partially dietary and partially sleep schedule though, since having 2 or less meals in the day and/or having 7-8 hours' sleep instead of 9-10 and/or waking up at 8 instead of 10, or some combination thereof, is enough to turn me from my usual upbeat nature to being a cranky old man. :lol:

Could also be chronic fatigue syndrome. My front-end manager seems to have something similar to that (she herself doesn't really wake up til noon much like myself, though neither of us are entirely certain why :P), though unlike her my exhaustion (I mean barely keeping awake at register or napping during lunch) seems to run in the family. :roll:

Hope things get better for you soon. I get life can be hard sometimes, and especially when busy it's hard to even find time just to communicate with close friends. Take care, JDL. :)
Your only little stinker that's absolutely NOT a z-bot by this name,
Jutomi~ :mrgreen:

Also, if you want to see my level list, here it is! :D
(Also: List of Hubs, WA Manual)
Oh, and my YT wonderland channel. Forgot about that.
billy bob
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by billy bob » Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:55 am

Hello, Jdl! I've missed you.

I often take forever to do seemingly simple tasks. Even writing this post took me an hour and it's not even long. It's so hard, y'know?

Did you see what's happened to WA speedrunning since you left? The games are faster to beat now.
jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by jdl » Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:43 pm

Thank you everyone for your kind words. :)

billy bob wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:55 am
Did you see what's happened to WA speedrunning since you left? The games are faster to beat now.
A few days ago I watched your speedrun of WA1 and MOFI and was very impressed! I found the reusable Floing Orb trick very interesting. When I have time I'll watch the one for POTZ.
garirry
Rainbow Star

Post by garirry » Fri Jun 12, 2020 5:15 am

It's nice to see you again, it sure has been a while. Certainly a lot has changed.

Best of luck, I know how tough dealing with mental health issues can be.