I'm back!

The place to introduce yourselves, meet other players, etc.

Moderators: ~xpr'd~, tyteen4a03, Emerald141, Qloof234, jdl

anklejbiter
Rainbow Wonderlander

I'm back!

Post by anklejbiter » Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:09 pm

It's been 2 years since the last time I was here, and I'm trying to remember to get back to the people who comment on my stuff. I'd stopped playing wonderland during these 2 years as We didn't have it up until recently (We moved many times and the disk was lost in storage.)

Hopefully I can be greeted with a warm welcome, and I hope everyone understands if I'm not here as often as I used to be. :oops:
Links
Contact me where I'm active: Discord. Anklejbiter3141

New Music
Freedom Dive (Cybergrind coming soon…)

My best music
Theme of Skyworld (New and superior version)
Seventeen (A song in 17/16 time :O)

Last Updated 7/16/23
ab-47
Rainbow Star

Re: I'm back!

Post by ab-47 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:51 pm

Ooos, I didn't notice you until now. :lol: :oops:

Welcome back! Sorry for the late warm welcome. :mrgreen:
LEVEL LIS1
The Hidd3n Archive, Part Four: [33%, Paused]
The Hidden 4rchive, Part Three (Redeemer's Edition)
The Apocollab [0%, Confirmed, Planning]
Are Cookie and Ash Gay? [Cancelled]
anklejbiter
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by anklejbiter » Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:47 pm

It's fine, I understand. I've noticed that almost nobody is active here anymore. what happened while I was gone?
Links

New Music

My best music

Last Updated 7/16/23
ab-47
Rainbow Star

Post by ab-47 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:35 pm

anklejbiter wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:47 pm
It's fine, I understand. I've noticed that almost nobody is active here anymore. what happened while I was gone?
You might want to join the Wonderland Adventures discord (contact Aryan for the invite link.) :)
LEVEL LIS1
The Hidd3n Archive, Part Four: [33%, Paused]
The Hidden 4rchive, Part Three (Redeemer's Edition)
The Apocollab [0%, Confirmed, Planning]
Are Cookie and Ash Gay? [Cancelled]
TheoX
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by TheoX » Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:04 pm

The last year or so seems to be the ultimate "low point" of activity levels around here. Or maybe that's just a personal perception since I'm not playing Wonderland games much anymore. I still like to pop in here and talk since I always enjoyed this community. No shame in being a bit inactive these days, anyhow.
(✿ ◕ᗜ◕)━♫.*・。゚
Currently making synth music as treehann
I make 2d games too at: treehann.itch.io
My old sig-bar image broke but I'm still thanking Pauline and Janet forever for their art!
anklejbiter
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by anklejbiter » Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:54 am

I see.

Btw, nice music! I'm also on soundcloud, though most of my music goes on youtube.
Links

New Music

My best music

Last Updated 7/16/23
TheoX
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by TheoX » Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:54 pm

Thanks and same to you! I'm listening to your music on youtube. I like these piano compositions; they are creative.

EDIT: I forgot to ask, do you play any of these on piano, or do you compose entirely by ear/on the computer?
(✿ ◕ᗜ◕)━♫.*・。゚
Currently making synth music as treehann
I make 2d games too at: treehann.itch.io
My old sig-bar image broke but I'm still thanking Pauline and Janet forever for their art!
anklejbiter
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by anklejbiter » Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:49 am

I can't play piano, I can play two songs but I've been learning them by ear. I use Musescore to make the music, and while I started out making transcriptions, I've found it easier to make my own music as I don't have to stick to any particular thing.

Eidt: Nova is one that I can sorta play, as It was based off of a tune I played on my piano
Links

New Music

My best music

Last Updated 7/16/23
|Cookie|
Rainbow Star

Post by |Cookie| » Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:16 pm

TheoX wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:04 pm
The last year or so seems to be the ultimate "low point" of activity levels around here. Or maybe that's just a personal perception since I'm not playing Wonderland games much anymore. I still like to pop in here and talk since I always enjoyed this community. No shame in being a bit inactive these days, anyhow.
I'd say that 2019 has actually been a good year (certainly better than 2017-2018) for Wonderland due to the release of the source code, it's just that most of the discussions are shared on discord servers rather than the forums. :P
Previously known as "kidkidaaa1"
My level list
My hub: TTN
Woof Woof
Lazy Loof
Rainbow Wizard

Post by Lazy Loof » Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:03 pm

Welcome back, anklejbiter! A new(or old? since you were in the forum before me :P ) friend to make...

About the inactivity: Yeah, the Wonderland Discord Server (and Epicord too :twisted: ) has sucked up all the activity on the forums. Most of the discussions now take place in this server. You can confirm this by seeing periodic archive updates and WA Editor updates on the forum.
Previously known as Aryan101
anklejbiter
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by anklejbiter » Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:00 pm

Aryan wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:03 pm
Welcome back, anklejbiter! A new(or old? since you were in the forum before me :P ) friend to make...
Thanks! Quite old, in fact. I've been playing wonderland games since I was 4 - so, about 15 years now (Good lord this game is old!) The longest I've ever been in ANY community. Unless you include the "being alive club", which rattmann was the former past president of. Now Monika's the prisident of that club. Or was she the literature club? eh, Let's say both.

When you say release of the source code, do you mean level data and stuff? I'm planning on making a new adventure-based level that requires a level that looks like it was from WA, and if that exists it'll help a lot xD (Easier than doing it by hand. Basically it's a new story that takes place in the same world.)
Last edited by anklejbiter on Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
Links

New Music

My best music

Last Updated 7/16/23
Lazy Loof
Rainbow Wizard

Post by Lazy Loof » Sun Sep 01, 2019 2:10 am

anklejbiter wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:00 pm
When you say release of the source code, do you mean level data and stuff?
Nah, you should read the Wonderland Open Source forum first (it is in the Wonderland section on index page).

Release of the source code means that the complete programming code of the engine has been released by Midnight Synergy. In other words, you have wg.exe in your WA editor folder, right? This file which is the main game of WA Editor was programmed in a language called Blitz3D. Release of the source code simply means that this programming has been revealed by Midnight Synergy itself. With this release, you can easily create mods of Midnight Synergy games.

However, it does not mean that the in-game data like assets and levels are released. They are still available to you only via the purchase of the game. And even the source code is still copyrighted!

Currently only the source code of WA3 and editor are released, Patrick said (in a PM) that he will release RTW source in fall.

BTW you should download the latest version of WA Editor which is continuously updated by us: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=27821
This version has better performance than vanilla (official unmodded version of editor) and also it fixes the ancient Adventure Select Screen MAV bug. The editor has a new settings screen and also a new UI made by HumanGamer. Also if you don't like that new UI, you can go back to previous one using the settings screen.
For a tour on some new features, visit here: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=27852
Previously known as Aryan101
anklejbiter
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by anklejbiter » Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:58 am

It's been about 20 minutes since the last time I used the editor.

Before that the gap was ~3 years, so I've forgotten ALL the commands, the vault code, and though I learned how to actually use the editor in about 2 minutes I had no idea and was basically pressing buttons until something worked. :stinkylol: I had the inspiration to work on this project because I just uncovered our old laptops yesterday, which have the level data for a bunch of my old wonderland levels, both WAS and RTW. Here's an image as to why we haven't been using them for a while, this particular PC hasn't even been plugged in in about 5 years.

Umm... Idk how to add an image so here's a link instead. [Edit: thanks Rainbowmon for helping me out, Got it working but I'll leave the link up because why not :) )
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by anklejbiter on Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Links

New Music

My best music

Last Updated 7/16/23
rainbowmon
Rainbow Keeper

Post by rainbowmon » Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:55 pm

WHOA! How in the *UNIVERSE* does that thing still *work?!?!?!* I mean, it's certainly wonderful that it does, but sheesh, that's *crazy.*

Also, you can add images and other files by using the attachments button (shown here in a screenshot on my phone).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
anklejbiter
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by anklejbiter » Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:42 pm

rainbowmon wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:55 pm
WHOA! How in the *UNIVERSE* does that thing still *work?!?!?!* I mean, it's certainly wonderful that it does, but sheesh, that's *crazy.*
It's the technology equivelant of "It looks worse than it actually is", which I guess is still "It looks worse than it actually is."

Basically, the motherboard isn't broken, so it still functions, and the screen is still connected via the wire in the left corner, so the monitor still works as well.

Really the only thing separating its current state from "fixed" is a couple pieces of plastic and some strong AF glue. Normally there's be screws there but the hole got stripped so we just leave it be :lol:

Like I said in the post, "Don't fix what aint broken - even if it's broken."

[edit: upon closer inspection there's actually a wire on the other side that is severed, but seeing as the entirety of the monitor still works, I have no idea what it's even there for. As well, the metal on that side is snapped, so a screw wouldn't so much there anyway.]
Links

New Music

My best music

Last Updated 7/16/23
anklejbiter
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by anklejbiter » Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:56 pm

anklejbiter wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:58 am
they have the level data for a bunch of my old wonderland levels

Aaaaand I gave myself AIDS.
Links

New Music

My best music

Last Updated 7/16/23