Our First Wonderland Convention.

The place to introduce yourselves, meet other players, etc.

Moderators: ~xpr'd~, tyteen4a03, Emerald141, Qloof234, jdl

mette
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by mette » Mon Aug 22, 2005 11:28 am

Hi all,

WE'RE BACK! :lol: :lol: :lol:

What can we say that hasn't allready been said? :? We had a wonderlandful time all week. First at Caryl's/Lillie's/Lilo's and the at Auntie Mo's. We're still processing all the memories of everything and everyone. It was a blast :D :D :D :D

Thanks to all the nutters for making this a wonderful experience, and a special thanks to Caryl and Stan for having us at her house for allmost a week, and of course a special thanks to Auntie Mo and John for giving your house over to a big bunch of nutters.

Bjarne says to send his love - he allready missed his Mommy Mo (and I miss my new mother-in-law) :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And whatever you do, remember this: "Nobody says no to Auntie Mo" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mette
\Mette
Shorty
Rainbow Star

Post by Shorty » Mon Aug 22, 2005 3:53 pm

Nobody says no to aunty mo??? Shouldnt we already know this??? :wink: :wink: :wink: :D :D :D

This was hilarious Lizzie, I wish I could have been there to see you perform your song!!! :D :D :D

I'm glad to hear all of you had a good time!! And that was so nice of aunty mo to get the boys a popcorn maker,hope they enjoy their popcorn!!!

I'm happy all of you are back!! Can't wait for Mr.Lutz to get back!!! Lillie he told me he'd be back Thursday :D :D :D
LoVe YaLL BuNcHeS!
Salin
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Salin » Mon Aug 22, 2005 4:04 pm

After a wonderful weekend at aunti mo`s and her dear John, we are finally back home. Our journey home took us 26h!!!!!!!

Mo and John are really wonderful people who made us all feel really welcome. It was fantastic to meet the lot of you, and evertything was just wonderlandful!!!

Thank you Rose for the nice cups not to mention the edam, (can you send me some), thank you auntie Mo for the wonderful t-shirt, thank you Lizzie for your wonderful song,thank you Lilliepo, Kazza and Lutz for just beeing you, friendly and funny, and last but not least; thank you Mette and Bjarne for your wonderful snaps ( :wink: )

I`m just a bit sorry that I forgot the original song that Lizzie made, but I`ll just have to copy it from the site, since you kindley enough brought it out there. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Talk soon,

Inger
Last edited by Salin on Mon Aug 22, 2005 4:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Inger
Norway
Shorty
Rainbow Star

Post by Shorty » Mon Aug 22, 2005 4:10 pm

Wow Salin,26 hours???? your booties must be hurtin after all them hours!!!!!!

Glad to hear you have a great time as well, makes me more sad/jealous I couldnt be there!! Ahh well next year its on :D :D :D and yall will wish I didnt come.. hehe just kidding!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D

sounds like you all had a blast!!! I wish I could have been there to see lizzie perform her song I bet it was sooooo funny!!!!
LoVe YaLL BuNcHeS!
Salin
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Salin » Mon Aug 22, 2005 4:41 pm

Shorty wrote:I wish I could have been there to see lizzie perform her song I bet it was sooooo funny!!!!
It was definitely worth the time and money :lol: :lol: :lol:
Lizzie was really funny performance her song, and the lyrics were hillarious :lol: :lol: :lol: She`s really clever that girl

BTW Kimberly, you sort of participate in a way, were`nt you..on the phone. It would never be the same though, maybe next time :lol: :lol:

Inger
Inger
Norway
Lillian
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Lillian » Mon Aug 22, 2005 4:48 pm

I'm glad everybody got home safely - missing you all already !!!!!!!!!

Hey Inger - your signature sure suits you - you boozy-pants! :D :D :D
Lillie
Shorty
Rainbow Star

Post by Shorty » Mon Aug 22, 2005 4:52 pm

Haha boozy pants, I take it you like to drink huh???? (Salin) I am thinking at the next convention I'll be miss boozy pants :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: but I wont fall and hurt myself *cough*Lillie*cough* hehe just messin with you sweetie, Hope your leg/arm is feeling better

Yes I was on the phone so I guess for a little bit I was kind of there, Right??? It was funny my mom and I passing the phone back and fourth along with you guys :D :D :D I mean guys and gals :wink: :wink: :wink:
LoVe YaLL BuNcHeS!
SharonM
Rainbow Star

Post by SharonM » Mon Aug 22, 2005 5:20 pm

:D I'm so glad you all had such a good time and welcome back! :D We missed you here. Make sure you post pics as soon as you can. Of course, since Aunty Mo was hosting, it was a lock that it would be fun! :D Loved the song too. It was hilarious! :D :D :D
SharonM
Salin
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Salin » Mon Aug 22, 2005 5:26 pm

Lillian wrote:Hey Inger - your signature sure suits you - you boozy-pants! :D :D :D
Yeah, that makes two (or more) of us, do`nt it? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Inger
Inger
Norway
Davimad
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Davimad » Mon Aug 22, 2005 8:33 pm

Hello everyone!

Auntie Mo has finally surfaced, took a wee while to get things back to normal here. (What ever is 'normal')

Rose and Lutz left this morning after breakfast, we had a lovely dinner at the restaurant last night courtesy of Rose. Found it strange sitting there without all the nutters around us. :wink: :lol:

I have been reading all your posts and am very touched at the thank you letters, no need because it was our pleasure.
John and me were delighted with all those wonderful gifts from each and every one of you, they will be dearly treasured.
Oliver and Bertie are little darlings for making me those pictures and the crown fits a treat. My wee star badge let everyone know who was boss, didn't it? :wink:
What a lovely thought from Pam and Kym, I'm so touched by your kindness. Who would have thought of arranging to get those chocolates to me? Fantastic!

Our games were fun and we had a good laugh at all the antics, made me feel like a ten year old btw. :shock: :wink:
I'm sitting here thinking about the whole experience and must tell you what I've taken as special moments.

The arrivals: Seeing you for the first time and being pleasantly surprised at your reaction to us. We were more like long lost relatives than strangers.
I was delighted that nobody felt they had to stand on ceremony, you all just fitted in to my house as though you had been there before.

Funny things: Lizzie's song was hilarious, it had to be seen to be believed! Thank you for that Liz. x
The games had me doubled with laughter, wish everyone could have seen those impersonations of chompers, kabooms etc.
Bjarne winning the aromatherapy products and asking for instructions. Did you want a display???? :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Watching the men cooking at the BBQ and all of us ladies in waiting. Nice one gents!

Sweet moments: There's so many of these, where do I begin?
Rose, Liz, Kaz and Bjarne banning me from the kitchen while they prepared the salads, I was ordered to sit and rest, very hard thing to do.

Hearing Rose's beautiful singing would bring tears to anyone's eyes.
On the other hand, John can do that when he sings too! :shock: :P :lol:

Our phone call to Pauline, Pam and Kym, it felt so special to bring everyone together like that. If I had other numbers we would have called all of you, with permission of course. I do hope it gave you a feeling of 'being there', this was my intention.

Lutz with my animals, I had to count them before he drove off this morning. A big fellow with big pockets, my wee babies would have fit in very nicely. What a beautiful gentle giant you are Lutz, everyone fell for you. :wink:

Becoming Bjarne's 'Mummy Mo', what a sweetie he is. Cheeky devil but could get away with anything as far as I am concerned.

Lilo and Inger constantly asking if I'd remembered to take my medication, a real couple of nutters but with big hearts.

I have already mentioned my gifts from all of you, including those two wee sweethearts, Ollie and Bertie. Thank you again x

Gunnar forever thanking me for the 'wonderful food', what a nice guy you are. Inger, if you ever get fed up with him, send him this way. :wink:

Bad moments: The only one was saying goodbye to everyone, it all went by so quickly. :cry:

A lot of people may have thought this was a crazy idea, I'm glad we did it and to hang with expense, work or anything else.
I am lucky to have such a caring and understanding husband, my biggest thanks must go to him. Thank you my dear John, you are crazy but don't we match well together? :wink:

A final wee note to anyone reading the funny remarks by Lilo and Inger, they are having a bit of fun with all of you. Those two are the biggest nutters of our group and helped to give us some hilarious moments.
Two silly schoolgirls and Miss Liz the teacher, the best laugh I had in ages.

Thank you all for making it possible, not just the people who attended but everyone who gave me support. Simply the best!

Kaz, I hope you and Andy had a fantastic reunion. :wink:

Mette, hope you know that I expect to be cared for in my old age. :wink:

Rose, I'm a bit old for that title you know. :wink: Princess indeed!

Love to all from Auntie Mo.
xxx
Minnie. (Polly's big sis)

Image Thanks to Kymmie.
the cat
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by the cat » Mon Aug 22, 2005 9:02 pm

Thank you very much Aunty Mo. Can't wait to see the pics.
O"Cathy"X's
Original Member#563

Proud member of FOWL, Ramblers,PITA,CNC,CLUBS
Gen
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Gen » Mon Aug 22, 2005 9:16 pm

I am so glad to hear that all of you had such a great time! It sounded wonderful! You can bet there were a lot of us over here thinking about all of you and wishing we could have joined you! Like the others, I am looking forward the pictures of all you nutters! Happy too that all of you are back home safely! Thanks Auntie Mo for bringing all together!
Duiveltje
Rainbow Master

Post by Duiveltje » Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:04 pm

Hello convention Nutters,

I just arrived home safe after a day shopping in Belfast.
We have really had a very nice time. It just felt if we have known each other for a long long time. My tummy still feels painly from all the laughs.

Maureen and John thank you for you hospetality and a great time in your house.

I will hope to see all you soon or on the next convention.

Love and kisses Rose
Shorty
Rainbow Star

Post by Shorty » Tue Aug 23, 2005 3:05 pm

Thank you Aunty Mo. was good getting to talk to all of you we really enjoyed every minute of it.. Getting to hear all of your lovely accents was the best part!!! I love all you nutters so much and I can't wait to see you all at the next convention... Thank you Aunty Mo. and John for making this possible for everyone!!!!

Rose - I'm happy to hear you made it home safely and enjoyed yourself at the convention!! Can't wait to meet you to :D :D

xoxoxoxxo
LoVe YaLL BuNcHeS!
kaz67
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by kaz67 » Tue Aug 23, 2005 4:08 pm

Helloooo .. nice to see everyone has made it home, we just need Lutz to check in safe on Thursday then we have a full pack of nutters :lol: :lol: I've done very little at work today, spent every break and my lunch hour telling everyone what a mega-weekend I've just had (and meeting nutters off the internet is quite safe :shock: ) I even had my friend singing The Wonderland Wonderwear Songin the office but I didn't make her wear her Alan Wickers on her head :P

I'm not sure where to put it so I'll announce it here ... I WILL be playing all the levels that were posted over the next few days, bear with me on the comments. I've done all the fabulous kids levels and will get stuck in on the grown-up kids levels soon. I was a teeny bit busy making one yesterday and I've been mulling over some ideas for a Convention Level. I need to give it a little more thought though.

Thanks again Mo - (you found those little notes in that book yet?) - you and John are stars, no, better than that - you're Rainbow Stars !! :D

Luv Kazza xx
Lillian
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Lillian » Tue Aug 23, 2005 7:53 pm

Welcome home Rosie! Hope you enjoyed Belfast. It was lovely meeting you.

Auntie Mo - your words above almost brought a tear to my eyes ya big wee softie :cry: :P :cry: :P Give John a big kiss and cuddle from us all here in the smoke!

Thanks again everyone for making it such a fun weekend xxx
Lillie
ohbehave
Rainbow Star

wonderland convention

Post by ohbehave » Tue Aug 23, 2005 10:29 pm

welcome back everyone...im very glad everyone made it back safely..it sounds like everybody had a very good time..it was wonderful to get to speak with all of you...i too had a little trouble with the accents..i think i had the least trouble with lutz..i could understand him pretty well...anyway, we so enjoyed our conversations, and it made us feel like we were a part of it...and you are welcome for the choclates, aunty mo...we figured, something sweet for a very sweet lady...im glad you had a great time being the hostess...now its time for you to rest a wee bit...

xxxxoooo to everyone.... :) :wink:
~♥Sizzlin Summer Babe!!..♥~
Davimad
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Davimad » Wed Aug 24, 2005 7:16 am

Hi again my Wonderland friends,

Just to let you all know that I haven't disappeared but am still a bit 'shell shocked'.
We will post some pictures soon for all to see, obviously they won't be named individually for privacy reasons.

Kaz, the book was wonderful, what a sweetie you are to take the time to write all those wee notes throughout the pages. You are a very, very witty girl, John and me were in stitches.

I want to let everyone know that Patrick had written last week to wish us well and again yesterday to express his pleasure that everything turned out so successfully. A man of few words but knows how to put the sentiment across. Thanks Patrick, it was appreciated.

To those of you who are expecting a little something in the post, I'll get to it soon. Haven't stepped over the threshold since the weekend but hope to do so within the next few days. Be patient with me cos I'm always running at the cow's tail. :shock: :roll: :oops:

We should all hear from Lutz tomorrow when he returns home, that will ease my mind knowing everyone is safe and well.

I'm afraid the playing of levels hasn't reached my agenda yet, this should be rectified by the weekend and I'll do my utmost to catch up.

Finally, thank you again to everyone. Not just the attendees but to all of you who encouraged me along the way, you have been as much a part of this as the people who travelled to N. Ireland.
I'll never forget any of you, a special thanks to my long time friends; Sharon for giving a few needed pep talks and always being here for me.
You have the broadest shoulders ever!
Pauline (Poops) for all the help from the very beginning of this venture. The designs for the tee shirts are down to your talent, thank you again.
You are also there when I need a friend, how do you put up with me??? :shock: :wink:

I've rambled on long enough folks, all that's left for me to say is thank you again. x

Image Thanks to Kymmie.
SharonM
Rainbow Star

Post by SharonM » Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:52 pm

You're very sweet MADWD. :D And so very welcome. :oops: I'm glad I could help in a small way. I know how overwhelming things can get at times. I'm just glad everyone had such a good time. :D Wish I could have been there. :)
SharonM
Lutz
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Lutz » Thu Aug 25, 2005 10:25 am

Hi everyone :D

back home again :cry: :wink:

I spent two wonderful weeks in Ireland. It's such a beautiful country.

The highlight of course was the weekend at Mo and John. They're are soooo lovely people and great hosts. Loved every minute at their home :P It was a great weekend, filled with fun and laughter and I'm very happy to have met all you nice people from whole over Europe.

Have some unpacking and washing to do now. Talk to you later :D
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Thu Aug 25, 2005 11:15 am

Glad you're back home safe and sound Lutz, and that you had a good time in Ireland. So glad I got to speak to you on the phone, if not meet you in person. There's always next year. :D :D
Pauline
mette
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by mette » Thu Aug 25, 2005 11:37 am

Welcome back Lutzy :D :D :D

Make sure you look at this
http://www.pcpuzzle.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4756
wonderful post by Shorty. It will make it much easier for you to catch up on the levels. Shorty did a wonderlandful thing for all of us :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mette
\Mette
Shorty
Rainbow Star

Post by Shorty » Thu Aug 25, 2005 1:44 pm

LUTZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so happy you're back.. Now I do believe it's time for shorty to stop worrying, Everyones back safe and sound!!!!

I'm happy you enjoyed your stay in Ireland,Hope you did lots of sight seeing while you were there!!!!

Mette - Thank you sweetie :D :D I was very glad to make the folders for all of you.. I've just posted my last zip :D :D :D lots of levels
LoVe YaLL BuNcHeS!
Davimad
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Davimad » Thu Aug 25, 2005 4:12 pm

Nice to see you back again Lutz, glad everything was so enjoyable. :wink:

Shorty, you did a wonderful job for us. Thanks again pet.

I thought you should all see the beautiful gifts everyone brought for John and me. The only thing missing is Rose's Edam cheese because there's very little of it left. :shock: :wink: 8)

Thank you from the bottom of my heart, we will treasure these things always. Except for the choccies and liquid refreshment of course. :wink:

More pictures to follow later. 8) :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Image Thanks to Kymmie.
Lillian
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Lillian » Thu Aug 25, 2005 6:22 pm

Welcome home Luzty - glad you arrived back safely. It was a pleasure to meet you, even though I only came up to your waist :lol: :lol: :lol:

Did you manage to sneak Helga and Heidi through customs? :wink:
Lillie
Lutz
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Lutz » Thu Aug 25, 2005 8:54 pm

Hi little Lillie :P

the greatness of people can't be measured in inches :wink:

I finally decided to leave Helga and Heidi where they belong. Didn't want John sleeping in the garage replacing the guard-dogs :lol:
kaz67
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by kaz67 » Thu Aug 25, 2005 9:03 pm

Hey Lutz ! .. Welcome back hon. Thanks again for the lift :wink:

Be warned, you are NEVER going to catch up - I'm still trying !!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Kazza :) :)
Davimad
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Davimad » Thu Aug 25, 2005 10:43 pm

Heidi, Helga, Fergie and Timothy have all been accounted for. Sorry Lutzy, I couldn't let you take my babies. :wink: :P

Here's a wee sample for everyone.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Image Thanks to Kymmie.
Davimad
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Davimad » Thu Aug 25, 2005 11:14 pm

And some more.......

Image Thanks to Kymmie.
ann3120
Rainbow Star

Post by ann3120 » Thu Aug 25, 2005 11:34 pm

The pictures are great - but it's so-o-o-o frustrating, not knowing who everybody is ! ! ! ! ! ! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mrs. Annie Purple Hat