Meet me Greet me

The place to introduce yourselves, meet other players, etc.

Moderators: ~xpr'd~, tyteen4a03, Emerald141, Qloof234, jdl

Loirae
Rainbow MegaStar

Meet me Greet me

Post by Loirae » Thu Sep 01, 2005 3:28 am

The Cat says I should introduce myself and she seems very wise, indeed.

Hello. I am Loirae and reside in the greater Chicago (USA) area. I have a hubby and two darling children (4 and 1) who are already too smart and too funny.

I was a big Myst fan and was looking for other puzzle games when I remembered in my college days playing a little game called BOLO. It's pretty much exactly like Wonderland but with a different character and no community. So while searching for games similar to BOLO, I ran across the original Wonderland. I loved all of it! After I finished it, I fell into the Riven/Exile/URU sereis for a while but got bored after two months of playing them. I went to the wonderland site and saw Secret Worlds and decided to jump back into something more entertaining. A game that makes me laugh. I found this cummunity when searching for help on one of the levels that had me stumped.

My son (the 4 yr old) wanted so badly to play but couldn't figure out most of the puzzles. And i'm not one for plunking a kid in front of video games like I do to myself. So, I saw that with RTW you could build custom levels and also moticed the kids levels out there. I bought it right away and created my first level purly for my son - Adding Village. He loved it. So, I posted it assuming that a 4 year old might like it but the community would tell me how primitive it was. Imagine my surprise when so many people worte back to say they liked it and wanted more in a series of educational Wonderlands.

As for my son, I don't let him on the interent yet so he won't be posting here, but I'm sure you'd all be glad to know that Wonderland has become a staple of his imagination. When I send him to the kitchen, he walks on the tiles of the floor one by one, pushing imaginary boxes and jumping into the air yelling "uh oh!" Or when he actually gets to the destination, "weeeeeee!!!!!!"

So that's me. Loirae (loy-ray)

Nice to meet you.
the cat
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by the cat » Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:33 am

A Great big Welcome to Wonderland to you and the boys with the wonderland kitchen. now that take a lot of
creative thinking.
O"Cathy"X's
Original Member#563

Proud member of FOWL, Ramblers,PITA,CNC,CLUBS
Gen
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Gen » Thu Sep 01, 2005 3:18 pm

Welcome to the Wonderland Board, Loirae!

Glad you and your little ones have joined us and hope that you will stay joining us in playing and chatting. Your son sounds like a bright little fella!
kaz67
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by kaz67 » Thu Sep 01, 2005 5:13 pm

Welcome Loirae .. that bit about your son made me smile .. you be careful he doesn't hide any coilies in the cupboard for his Mum :lol: :lol: :lol:

You'll have a great time here :wink:

Kazza :) :)
Liz Mayhew
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by Liz Mayhew » Thu Sep 01, 2005 6:27 pm

Welcome to the Forum Loirae
We've already met on the Kids section, where you gave me a good idea for a level.

You'll have fun with all us Nutters! :D 8) :D
Lizzie

To err is human,
To arr is pirate!
mette
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by mette » Thu Sep 01, 2005 9:14 pm

Hi Loirae,

Welcome to the forum of nutters and addicts :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Please stick around :D I'm sure you'll have a wonderlandful time here :D :D :D

Mette
\Mette
SharonM
Rainbow Star

Post by SharonM » Thu Sep 01, 2005 11:16 pm

Welcome Loirae! :D Welcome to your children too. They sound very charming. :D I'm sure you and they will enjoy Wonderland very much. We have several small children who play, though few post. I look forward to hearing more. :D
SharonM
drushing
Rainbow AllStar

Post by drushing » Fri Sep 02, 2005 6:23 am

Welcome to the Wonderland forum!
kiki
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by kiki » Sat Sep 03, 2005 8:21 am

:D :D :D Welcome to the forum, Nice to have you aboard. :D :D :D
Keeks
Salin
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Salin » Sat Sep 03, 2005 9:09 am

Hi Loirae and velcome to the forum of addicts and wondernutters!! :lol:

I`m sure you`re gonna find it quite amusing here.

Inger
Inger
Norway
laura n.
Rainbow Star

Post by laura n. » Sun Sep 04, 2005 1:59 am

Welcome to Woderland Loirae, I'd like our children to meet, yours could show mine how to move boxes & mine could introduce yours to Qookie :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
bmcper
Silver Wonderlander

Post by bmcper » Sat Sep 10, 2005 10:27 pm

Hi Loirae. There is nothing like a childs imagination. :wink: It must be funny to see hime walk across the kitchen floor. :lol: