Warning! Regarding the Green Gate in the Sewers!

Questions and solutions for Wonderland Adventures, Mysteries of Fire Island, and Planet of the Z-Bots.
Midnight Synergy
Site Admin

Warning! Regarding the Green Gate in the Sewers!

Post by Midnight Synergy » Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:14 am

I've tried to design the game so that one cannot ever get completely "stuck" in the main world. You can get stuck many times in the adventures, but there it's easy to just restart.

Apparantly I missed one possible option, so I'm just pointing that out here. There is a "trick" with Blinking that allows you to do some funky stuff - including pass the green gate in the sewers without the green key. The problem is that there is no "blink" on the other side, meaning you will get stuck with no way of getting back, and you will need to revert to an earlier savespot.

So - don't pass the green gate in the sewer unless you open it with the green key, as intended! :)

BTW, no level requires the "blink trick". It allows for some interesting adventure solutions, but every single adventure can be solved with just regular blinking.

(in fact, I think I will remove the "blink trick" in a future update, since it does open up too many possible trouble spots. So try not to use it, kids! ;))
beck
Gold Wonderlander

Post by beck » Sat Feb 24, 2007 12:33 am

Don't remove it please! Some of us (me!) are pretty confused and useless unless there is a "cheat" for us. I didn't use it for the green gate, but did use it to get back to recharge the glove in that one room with the barrel in the middle of the water. I required more blinks. I really, really did! :roll:
eeyore31
Rainbow Master

Post by eeyore31 » Sat Feb 24, 2007 1:09 am

I agree....maybe keep it as a separate update???? I know I used it a couple times, come on Patrick, have a heart for us cheaters :lol: :lol:
Yes, I'm a donkey......
and I'm purple.....
and I am Polly, Minnie's little sister.
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:51 am

I don't think I could have done Pop and Blink without this trick so don't get rid of it. Perhaps a warning in the sewers, on that sign that tells you about the green key, not to blink the gate.
Pauline
msmithnc
Bronze Wonderlander

Rats! I wish I'd seen this hint earlier.....

Post by msmithnc » Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:48 pm

and now I've overwritten all my older save games! Oh, well, at least it's a fun game so it won't be so bad starting over...
ommy
Silver Wonderlander

Post by ommy » Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:22 am

i think the "blink trick" he will eliminate is the ability to blink over gates, not all blinking.

and there is a sign by the green gate telling you where to get the key, but some players didn't read it or ignored it.