Chomper Pinball Help

Questions and solutions for Wonderland Adventures, Mysteries of Fire Island, and Planet of the Z-Bots.
txpeach
Rainbow Wonderlander

Chomper Pinball Help

Post by txpeach » Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:56 am

This is the kind of level that gives me a headache! I'm guessing I need to get the chomper on the blue button and freeze him there, right? I've turned and turned and can't keep track of all the bumpers and where they are going. If anyone wants to ease my pain, I'd really appreciate it!

Peggy
Erwin042
Rainbow Star

Post by Erwin042 » Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:44 pm

I'm stuck here too.
Who will help us out?
txpeach
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by txpeach » Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:09 pm

I was able to complete the level but without the coins and gems. Turn the knobs until the chomper gets hit, he will bounce then die. Turn again so that the spring on top of the blue button will not hit you and Brr across to the star. I'd like to do it again and get the extras but just couldn't figure it out.

Peggy
ILoveWonderland
Rainbow Master

Post by ILoveWonderland » Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:06 pm

Oh someone please help. I want to know how to get all the items, too.
Insert stupid jokes here.
New Wonderland Adventurer

Post by New Wonderland Adventurer » Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:10 am

Well I'm new at this game but I just finished that level yesterday, so it's fresh enough in my mind for me to help.

Hint (highlight to read):

At some point you'll need to Brr a path to lead the chomper to the correct bumper so that the chomper ends up on the indigo (dark blue) button. You'll then need to Brr yourself to the island w/ the star, and from there, Brr another path leading the chomper to the light blue button so you can go into the item room. You will need to recharge your Brr at least once so plan accordingly.

Solution (highlight to read):
  1. Stand on the Brr field and Brr yourself across the water heading down.
  2. Hit the right button 5 times to turn the bumpers clockwise 5 times. Then hit it one more time but be prepare to step off of the button immediately--the chomper gets bump across to the island right of the buttons.
  3. Hit either button to turn the bumpers 4 more times.
  4. Use 3 Brr's to Brr a path so the chomper goes straight up, and he'll get bump to the indigo button.

(Remember to Brr the path starting away from the chomper going towards it, so that he only starts sliding across the path after it is fully finished. Also, stand at a good spot when you Brr so you don't accidentally freeze the chomper.)
  5. Use your remaining 6 Brr's to get back to the Brr field to recharge.
  6. Brr yourself back to the main island again. Head right, and you'll see that the chomper holding down the indigo button creates an indigo bridge across the water, on the right side of the island. Go to the end of that bridge.
  7. From there, use 3 Brr's to Brr path to the island with the exit, but DON'T go across yet.
  8. Instead, use your remaining 6 Brr's to once again go back to the Brr field to recharge.
  9. Now go across the path you created at step 7 to the island w/ the star. From there, Brr a path leading the chomper from the indigo button to the blue button and you're done.

(Be sure to move to the blue door as soon as you completed the path. Otherwise sometimes the chomper will try to step off the blue button after reaching it, and drown instead.)
MaryUK
Gold Wonderlander

Post by MaryUK » Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:57 pm

Great walkthru NWA, but when I do it the chomper keeps tying to get me off the first Brr it lands on instead of following me to the button :( , any ideas how to overcome this please?
Gen
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Gen » Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:54 pm

Mary, I eventually got the chomper to go onto the button by filling in the pathway for the chomper all but the last space next to him. Then I discharged the glove down to one charge for that last space. Fill that last space and run to the gate. This way you don't have to deactivate the glove, you have to move very fast to the gate. Hope this helps. :D
rescuefire
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by rescuefire » Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:11 am

Super help!! I went back to get the coins and gems on this one and I am so glad I found this post! I'm getting almost all the levels that I missed stuff on redone and it's going so well. Thanks all for your help.
Image Blessed are those who can give without remembering and take without forgetting.
kirkc
Gold Wonderlander

Re: chomper pinball

Post by kirkc » Sat Mar 17, 2007 7:32 am

Thanks for the walk-thro...but I can't seem to get the chomper lined up to go to the indigo button. The turns don't seem to be right. Can you explain the turns a bit more please?

kirkc
Erwin042
Rainbow Star

star 59 (spoiler)

Post by Erwin042 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 3:41 pm

New Wonderland Adventurer wrote:Well I'm new at this game but I just finished that level yesterday, so it's fresh enough in my mind for me to help.

Hint (highlight to read):

[
At some point you'll need to Brr a path to lead the chomper to the correct bumper so that the chomper ends up on the indigo (dark blue) button. You'll then need to Brr yourself to the island w/ the star, and from there, Brr another path leading the chomper to the light blue button so you can go into the item room. You will need to recharge your Brr at least once so plan accordingly.
Solution (highlight to read):
  1. Stand on the Brr field and Brr yourself across the water heading down.
  2. Hit the right button 5 times to turn the bumpers clockwise 5 times. Then hit it one more time but be prepare to step off of the button immediately--the chomper gets bump across to the island right of the buttons.
  3. Hit either button to turn the bumpers 4 more times.
  4. Use 3 Brr's to Brr a path so the chomper goes straight up, and he'll get bump to the indigo button.

(Remember to Brr the path starting away from the chomper going towards it, so that he only starts sliding across the path after it is fully finished. Also, stand at a good spot when you Brr so you don't accidentally freeze the chomper.)
  5. Use your remaining 6 Brr's to get back to the Brr field to recharge.
  6. Brr yourself back to the main island again. Head right, and you'll see that the chomper holding down the indigo button creates an indigo bridge across the water, on the right side of the island. Go to the end of that bridge.
  7. From there, use 3 Brr's to Brr path to the island with the exit, but DON'T go across yet.
  8. Instead, use your remaining 6 Brr's to once again go back to the Brr field to recharge.
  9. Now go across the path you created at step 7 to the island w/ the star. From there, Brr a path leading the chomper from the indigo button to the blue button and you're done.

(Be sure to move to the blue door as soon as you completed the path. Otherwise sometimes the chomper will try to step off the blue button after reaching it, and drown instead.)
I made from this text a solution. So I added some pictures to clarify more.
I'll send this solution also to Mette.