Stiner in Peril - need help.

Questions and solutions for Wonderland Adventures, Mysteries of Fire Island, and Planet of the Z-Bots.
JENNGENN

Stiner in Peril - need help.

Post by JENNGENN » Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:11 pm

I have read the other posts regarding this level, and none of them adress how you are supposed to get [i]in front [/i]of the bouncy spike ball. I wait until the ball is two squares before the red gate, then I step on the red square, proceed to the purple power glove, and then over to the access point for blinking. By the time I do this, the bouncy ball is back up at the top and is blocking my passage. I now have to follow the ball down the path - unable to ever get in front of it.

Some of the other posts mention blinking through the green gate in order to lower it by stepping on the green button - I don't know where the time was found to do all of this with the ball bouncing behind.

Please help me figure out what needs to be done here. You all are so good at this game, and I am trying to keep my kids interested, but they want to give up on this level because it seems hopeless.
Thank you for your time!!
JENNGENN
JENNGENN

title correction: stinker in peril

Post by JENNGENN » Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:13 pm

sorry, forgot the k.... oops!
Betterthanstudying

Post by Betterthanstudying » Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:41 pm

You can move on from this level and go through the gate if you have acquired 14 stars. I had to just leave this level because I couldn't figure it out and no one else seemed to have the answers. It maybe a good way to keep your kids interest, if you just continue on.

I tried several times to go the long way around using the blink and running. But always came up short. Good luck!
Nona22

stinker in peril

Post by Nona22 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:25 pm

This one was hard for me to get but I finally got it by putting my cursor on the purple glove thing and waiting. Right before the spikey thing hits the gate, click on your cursor. You will start moving to the purple gloves as the ball hits the gate. Then, really fast -blink your way to the little stinker. It takes speed to get there.
I'm not too fast so if I can do it, probably anyone can, with lots of practice.
Loirae
Rainbow MegaStar

Re: Stiner in Peril - need help.

Post by Loirae » Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:47 pm

JENNGENN wrote:I wait until the ball is two squares before the red gate, then I step on the red square, proceed to the purple power glove, and then over to the access point for blinking. By the time I do this, the bouncy ball is back up at the top and is blocking my passage. I now have to follow the ball down the path - unable to ever get in front of it.
It sounds like you are trying to do this level using the "blink through walls" glitch. Midnight Synergy never intended for people to be able to stand at a wall and be able to blink through it, even though it's made some levels much easier. :D And you can't blink through objects which is why you can't blink to the other side of the spike.

In the inteded way to play this level, the spike ball should never be between you and your wee stinker.

highlight for spoiler:
As you've done before, hit the red button at the last possible minute to give yourself as much time as possible.
At no point should you try blinking through a wall.
After stepping on the purple blink pad, blink right and right again to the entrance of the downward corridor
Keep blinking down as far as you can until you can turn left.
Blink left to the green button, wake your stinker and take off to the right and then up. Blink if you've got any, otherwise just walk.
Your Wee stinker will follow you around. When you get to the top of that corridor, turn right again to where the two transporters are. Your Wee stinker will follow and the spike ball will meet his watery end.
From there, the transporters and buttons should be easy peasy.
Hope that helps. It might still take a couple tries because it's a pretty close call. But doing it this way will prevent the spikey from coming between you and the Wee Stinker.
Loirae