The turtle and the stinker

Questions and solutions for Wonderland Adventures, Mysteries of Fire Island, and Planet of the Z-Bots.
sonic
Silver Wonderlander

The turtle and the stinker

Post by sonic » Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:36 pm

This is probably staring me in the face but I just can't seem to figure these buttons out. Just by looking at the colours should you be able to see what they will change the colour of the gates to. I've looked at the spoiler on this and managed to lower the right hand gate from the kegs but it was more luck than judgement and I don't know what I did !!
Erwin042
Rainbow Star

Post by Erwin042 » Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:29 am

So you don't want a solution?
Only an explanation on how those double coloured buttons work?

First thing you do is opening the green gate.
Then you have to change to colour of the white gate into orange. Cos there is no white button that opens the white gate.
Then you have to change the orange gate into yellow, so go to the button behind the fireflower. This button will change to orange gate into yellow.

But for finishing this level you have to be quick. Don't hesitate!

I hope this is an answer to your question. I could give you more of the solution but I think you will not want that. Cos the solution is somewhere else on this board. Right?

On the other hand, I find it strange that you don't know about these buttons? They appear earlier in the game in the Adventures at the Ruine. There you learn how to use them.
sonic
Silver Wonderlander

Post by sonic » Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:47 am

Thanks Erwin, I possibly did learn about the buttons in another adventure but when you get old & forgetful you can't remember what was explained to you several days ago. I suppose I shoud have written it down, in future I will.

Thanks
Erwin042
Rainbow Star

use of the turtle

Post by Erwin042 » Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:39 pm

There is a solution made by Popo.
Now I learned I don't need the turtle at all.

I even think the turtle is used to form a bridge to the star. Now you can walk right to the star after the kegs have exploded.
Now there are 2 squares of water before the entrance to the key. I think there has to be 3 squares of water. So you'll need to direct the turtle on to there. And more you have to prevent that the turtle got caged.

I always thought I needed the turtle to make a bridge with it. And then the solution is much difficult, of course! Hopefully Patrick will modify this too!