MOFI - Mystery Archipelago

Questions and solutions for Wonderland Adventures, Mysteries of Fire Island, and Planet of the Z-Bots.
Erwin042
Rainbow Star

MOFI - Mystery Archipelago

Post by Erwin042 » Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:49 am

This level is only accessable with a rainbow key. Such key is only available when you have 100 stars and you know where the rainbow key is!
So be ware!

I'm not sure it's the right adventure name!
this level is on an island at the beach where you'd first practiced the blink power. So there are lots of blink gloves. But this Mystery island is south.
I've been here once but I'd got stuck

I don't know how to reach the island where to popping barrels are.
There's also a crab. But I haven't moved him cos I didn't know where to go with him.
eeyore31
Rainbow Master

Post by eeyore31 » Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:39 pm

I'm afraid to move him either!! :lol: This is going to take awhile. At least I've found all 4 places.....just a matter of trying everything, I guess....pretty cool :D
Yes, I'm a donkey......
and I'm purple.....
and I am Polly, Minnie's little sister.
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:02 pm

It took me a while to sort this one out. Kept making mistakes, but basically you're aiming....
to get the blue transporter down to the island where the bridges start. You need the crab in the water but not until after you have done 3 rides on the transporter. You have to keep going back to the charger so you can blink round to turn the transporter to get it where you need it.
I didn't use the green transporter at all, the yellow one as a stopper, and the red one needs to go up right at the end. There is a lot of blinking and riding and turning to do.
Getting to that island with the bridges is the easy bit. Blinking the bridges is murder. :shock:

Scream if you need more help.
Pauline
janetgalle
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by janetgalle » Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:13 pm

Can you hear me screaming?
jg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:39 pm

I'll tell you the first few moves I can remember without having the game in front of me.
First thing is to blink to the blue transporter and ride it till it hits the yellow one. Go back and charge glove. Don't go near the crab yet. Get to the turn button and turn the transporter down. I went back and recharged in between every ride and turn to make sure I didn't run out half way round. Go and ride the blue one down. The crab will run diagonally down the island. Recharge without going near the crab. Turn the button so the transporter goes left. Ride it left. Recharge. Now you need to get the crab into the water at the top of the island so when you ride it right it will stop level with the left side of the island. So if you blink to diagonally down from it, it will go up, then you can blink to beneath it and it will go straight up into the water. That's straight up at the top left of the island not diagonally to the top right. This is important to get your transporter to stop in the right place. Once you ride the transporter to there it needs turning down, and riding down.
Can't quite remember the exact moves after that but basically it's left and then up or down (not sure) and right, then somewhere around this time you need the red one moving up to act as a stopper for the blue one so you can turn it down and ride it down to the island you blink the bridges from. You will probably figure the rest from there. Hopefully! Makes sense to me anyway. :roll: :lol:

If you need any more I'll have to look at it. :D
Pauline
janetgalle
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by janetgalle » Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:46 pm

Well, it's not gonna happen, at least not today.
I see I was chasing the crab into the water at the right place.....but after that I either trap myself of go sailing off into the wild blue yonder.
An Alt-X function would be terrific for an adventure like this. 8)
Will try again tomorrow. :)
Nighty Night!
jg
janetgalle
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by janetgalle » Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:48 pm

oops!

Is anyone else having problems with the forum?

Does it sometimes take forever to submit something?
Double and triple posting?
S.....L....O....W......everything?

Or is it just my machine?
jg
eeyore31
Rainbow Master

Post by eeyore31 » Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:23 pm

no, mine has been S.....L.....O......W sometimes lately. Have to get off and try again, other sites pop up right away.
Yes, I'm a donkey......
and I'm purple.....
lulub65
Bronze Wonderlander

mystery archipelago

Post by lulub65 » Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:51 pm

Can someone tell me where is the entrance to mystery archipelago please ?

Thank you
Erwin042
Rainbow Star

Re: mystery archipelago

Post by Erwin042 » Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:14 pm

lulub65 wrote:Can someone tell me where is the entrance to mystery archipelago please ?

Thank you
I explained it the topic you started!!
mette
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by mette » Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:46 pm

I never used the crab!

Is there a trick to the blinking? If it's the obvious route, I don't think I'll ever get it :roll: . Help please.

Mette
\Mette
cbloopy
Rainbow Master

Post by cbloopy » Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:14 am

mette wrote:Is there a trick to the blinking? If it's the obvious route, I don't think I'll ever get it :roll: . Help please.
Are you talking about the rapid blinkings at the end of the level? If so, as far as I know, you really just have to retry and practice for a while; here's some tips to consider (sorry if they're too obvious):
1) You have to anticipate where to move the mouse next. As soon as you fire off a shot, even before the shot and Stinky gets to the destination, you should be moving your mouse towards the screen position for the next shot. If you wait until you've blinked and can see the next barrel and only then start moving your mouse, you'll likely be too late.

2) Some of the blinks don't require you to move the mouse much, for those, try to remember the next mouse position relative to the current mouse position. It should be relatively easy to develop the muscle memory for those moves since you only move the mouse a short distance.

3) For the blinks that require you to move the mouse a great distance from the previous position to the next, try to remember the desired mouse position relative to a fixed feature of the screen, such as the screen's edge or the item bag icon. This should help you aim the mouse to the correct screen position more accurately and quickly, and to do so before the piece of land you're aiming for actually shows up onscreen.
But yeah, other than that it's just practice, practice, practice! It took me like at least 30 minutes before I finally succeed.
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:28 am

I'm glad it wasn't just me then. Yes, you do need to do it over and over to get the feel for where the next one will pop up. It's the last two that are the real stinkers because they are far apart so take longer to blink to and they both go down together. I drowned at this point all the time - except the time I didn't of course. :wink: It is easier to blink straight to the star at the end, but then you don't get the gems and coins. Getting to the coins is hard but worth it in the end.
Pauline
Erwin042
Rainbow Star

Post by Erwin042 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:57 am

I don't see how the blue transporter has to ride along the island where the red one started
when I ride the red it stops in the corner of the island in front
but then the blue one has to stop under it not aside it
or I have to stop the red 1 tile before the corner, but how then?
Erwin042
Rainbow Star

Post by Erwin042 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:02 pm

deleted
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:29 pm

Ok, I've just been back to have a look at it.
Following on from spoiler above...
Assuming you have the crab in the correct position and have ridden the blue transporter right to stop by it, the rest of the moves are...
Down, left, down, left, up, right.
Now ride red transporter up.
Back to blue and go left and down to the island.
Of course you will have to blink round to the twister button in between these moves.
You should now be ready to wear yourself out blinking the bridges. :wink:

I should point out that if you can get the crab to go diagonally left from the top left corner of its island there will be less moves afterwards, but I found it impossible to get into a position to force him that way, so these moves are for him going straight up instead.
Pauline
Erwin042
Rainbow Star

Post by Erwin042 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:09 pm

When I get the blue transporter to the left
and then the red one up
the 2 come at th same side
the first one in the corner, and then the second before it
but not aside it, as I so want it to happen

screenshot deleted

Or do I need to go further down other islands?
Last edited by Erwin042 on Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Erwin042
Rainbow Star

Post by Erwin042 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:20 pm

Edited:

Conclusion thanks to janetgalle'spoiler

I haven't followed the directions correctly
Thought I had to go down when near red transporter

Now I've found it!
I had to move more before using the red one!
Last edited by Erwin042 on Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
janetgalle
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by janetgalle » Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:38 pm

Erwin:
From where you are in your 1st picture.
more moves wrote:You must first move cyan transporter LEFT, UP, Right.
Then move red transporter UP.
Then cyan transporter LEFT and DOWN.
Good Luck.
jg
Erwin042
Rainbow Star

Post by Erwin042 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:41 pm

I'm practicing the blinking to the barrels

If you hesistate for just a split second you can forget you'll make it to the gloves or the star
eeyore31
Rainbow Master

Post by eeyore31 » Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:59 pm

Oh my.....I've been blinking and drowning on the LAST barrel all day :lol: I think I'll try putting pieces of tape on my screen :roll:
Yes, I'm a donkey......
and I'm purple.....
Salin
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Salin » Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:04 pm

eeyore31 wrote:Oh my.....I've been blinking and drowning on the LAST barrel all day :lol: I think I'll try putting pieces of tape on my screen :roll:
Me too, ain't fast enough with my aiming :cry:
Inger
Norway
eeyore31
Rainbow Master

Post by eeyore31 » Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:11 am

Hey Inger!!!! It works!!!! I licked little tiny pieces of paper to my screen and followed them....piece of cake :lol: :lol: now i better clean my screen!!!!
Yes, I'm a donkey......
and I'm purple.....
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:55 am

I did it without sticky tape, but once you've drowned a hundred times your hand automatically goes where it should. :roll: :lol: :lol:
Pauline
Salin
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Salin » Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:33 am

Then I'm gonna have to do the same as you, eeyore, well done. And well done to you too, Popsicle! :lol: (and good luck for me :wink: )
Inger
Norway
iancull
Gold Wonderlander

Post by iancull » Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:27 am

eeyore31 wrote:little tiny pieces of paper to my screen
Thanks! I used tiny post-it notes, it worked too :)