POTZ help - Leap Frog

Questions and solutions for Wonderland Adventures, Mysteries of Fire Island, and Planet of the Z-Bots.
shinyflute
Bronze Wonderlander

POTZ help - Leap Frog

Post by shinyflute » Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:06 pm

This is the first level on which i got stuck :roll:

Two questions
(1) the coin at the beginning of the level - should it be used to block the fire ball? If so, how can I get it back later?

(2) how can I bring the two scritters to the end of the level so that they can step on the two buttons?

Thank you in advance.
mette
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by mette » Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:23 pm

1) no
2) think very hard about how you use your flash (and notice the third scritter)
\Mette
yot yot5
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by yot yot5 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:36 pm

If you get really stuck, I think MS has a video solution of this adventure on Youtube.
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:58 pm

He does. Here it is if you want it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bmCRta0iJs
shinyflute
Bronze Wonderlander

Post by shinyflute » Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:38 am

mette wrote:1) no
2) think very hard about how you use your flash (and notice the third scritter)
Finally get it! The level is very smartly designed
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:09 am

Mmmm, have I found a bug in this level? When I try to ride the transporter left to the next one it stops mid air as if there is a ghost wall or object at the X. It won't go any further than where it is circled in the picture. I've tried over and over again, waiting until the fireball is at different places and it makes no difference. Completely stuck at this point.

I've looked at the video and it's definitely not supposed to happen like this.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pauline
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:30 am

I have no idea what's going on, but it's not right. As a part of the tester team, I'm sorry that we missed this.

Perhaps the scritter is getting killed at this spot. If not, then I'm afraid to say I don't have a clue. :?
Rest in peace, Kym. I hardly knew ya.
Rest in peace, Marinus. A bright star, you were ahead of me on my own tracks of thought. I miss you.
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:08 am

Is that scritter supposed to get killed, is there no way to get him onto the transporter and then off it again? I'll have to try again, putting him onto the green button slightly earlier and see if it has any effect. If not I'll have to cheat this level so I can get out of the Flash room.
Pauline
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:32 am

Yes it was because the scritter got killed before it reached the island. Did it again making sure I timed it right so it had time to get there before being killed and everything worked perfectly. :D
Pauline
jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by jdl » Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:15 pm

Muzozavr wrote:As a part of the tester team, I'm sorry that we missed this.
It was reported though, but it just seems that we never encountered the bug and forgot about it.
Here's the first post of the Leap Frog thread in the beta forum by Emerald:
Emerald141 wrote:This is an odd one, and it's a system glitch rather than a problem with this specific adventure, per se.

If a Scritter gets hit by a fireball while riding a transporter, the transporter can no longer pass through the spot where the Scritter died. It will just stop and turn around.
Patrick didn't make any direct comments on this when he uploaded the updated version, but I assume this has something to do with it:
Midnight Synergy wrote:Also made the timing on the fire flower a little easier and added a coin.
ImageImage
TheCracksOverhead#9565 | Oops, uh oh.
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:26 pm

Well I just made sure I placed the scritter on the button and set off walking just as the fireball was reaching the gate. I timed 5 seconds between shots and went on the 5th one. Not sure if it was good timing or just sheer luck. :lol:
Pauline