MOFI: Hot enough for you?

Questions and solutions for Wonderland Adventures, Mysteries of Fire Island, and Planet of the Z-Bots.
cloudrac3r
Rainbow Master

MOFI: Hot enough for you?

Post by cloudrac3r » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:35 am

In the star "Hot enough for you?" in Mysteries of Fire Island, I need the 3 red keys to complete the level. I've figured out how to get the barrel one and the chomper one. But no matter what I do, I cannot figure out the correct way to move the transporters to allow me to cross. Of course, it can't be impossible, but after using logic to see what I can and can't do, it certainly seems that way. I'm clearly missing something.

Here's a picture of the transporters numbered. I realise that I have to send 2 down, 4 left, then ride 2 up to reach 1 and get the key. But I don't know how to get 2 down and still be in the top area to be able to move 4.
There is no magic in this adventure. There is no way to get another creature to ride a transporter.

Any ideas?
Last edited by cloudrac3r on Wed Nov 08, 2023 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:24 am

From your shot, so this might be incorrect, but I think it should work...
3 down, 4 left, 2 down, 5 up, 3 up, 4 left, 3 down, 5 down, 2 up, so you basically use the right side to cross over when needed
Rest in peace, Kym. I hardly knew ya.
Rest in peace, Marinus. A bright star, you were ahead of me on my own tracks of thought. I miss you.
cloudrac3r
Rainbow Master

Post by cloudrac3r » Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:32 am

Nevermind, Jutomi gave me their solution over Discord already. I just didn't notice this strange transporter behaviour, which made me think I couldn't make it.
Jutomi's solution was take 4, 3, 5 twice, then 3, then 2.
Thanks anyway!
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:04 am

Ah, I forgot the red button also makes them go...

It's funny how I don't remember having problems there, nor do I remember the "strange behavior", although I might have simply forgotten about it.

The top transporter has priority and moves first, but it's strange that the other one moves at all instead of just flipping around. :?

EDIT: And the official solution uses that, too! Oh god.
Rest in peace, Kym. I hardly knew ya.
Rest in peace, Marinus. A bright star, you were ahead of me on my own tracks of thought. I miss you.
cloudrac3r
Rainbow Master

Post by cloudrac3r » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:17 am

Now that I look closely at the video, I see that the first time that the red button was pressed, the sideways transporter did not change graphically but it seems like it was rotated according to the game engine. So when the button is pushed again, it simply moves left because it was already facing left, even though it appeared to be facing right.
:o
How strange!