Custom Content - Extra Information

Leveltextures, Custom Icons, etc. for Wonderland Adventures.
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Custom Content - Extra Information

Post by Qloof234 » Sat Nov 03, 2007 3:53 am

Right then, I've been looking at this custom content for WA again, and decided to make a few notes. I might as well put them here for all to see :lol:
TILE DEFINITIONS

Floor style 1: Essentially, the default floor tile upon starting a new level.

Floor style 2: Another floor tile. (IN OFFICIAL TEXTURES, LOOKS SOMEWHAT LIKE A PATH)

Floor style 3: Another Floor tile. (IN OFFICIAL TEXTURES, IT IS DIRT, DARKER ROCK, ETC.)

Leave Black!: For a deep pit floortile. Erase the words Leave Black!

Ice: This is the ice floortile in your texture.

Ice Corner: This is the curve of the ice. The three corners that should be ice are: BOTTOM-LEFT, BOTTOM-RIGHT, AND TOP-RIGHT. THE TOP-LEFT SHOULD BE GROUND, NOT ICE.

Ice Wall: In some levels of WA, there is a wall made of ice that fire bounces off. That's what this texture is.

Wood: Essentially, a wooden floortile.

Walkway: This is a walkway that is used as a sort of tile for a path (NOT A BRIDGE OBJECT) that is built across water.

Walkway Corner: The corner tile of the walkway, makes sense if it looks like the above walkway.

Entrance: A cave entrance in a wall.

Water Floor: What the floor looks like underwater.

Water Height 0.5, 1.0, 2.0: This is the side of a wall that is in the water. Another way to put it, is it should be on the side of a floor tile beside water.

Walltop Style 1: The default walltop. Your choice which you can use.

Walltop Style 2: Another walltop. An example: In the hills texture (Mainly used near the beggining of the game, outside Wondertown, etc.)
, it is a walltop that looks like it could be used beside a gate.

WallSide Height 0.5, 1.0, 1.5, 2.0: Different heights of the side of your wall.

Deep Hole: In offic. textures, this is used as a wallside of a pit.

Wallside Style 2: This is another wallside. In the hills texture, this is made of bricks.

1-2 Textures: In the beggining of WA, there is a path, hmmm? These textures were used as the side for those paths. The yellow bit is the part where it changes to your 2nd floortile. Make sure the second texture goes all the way to the edges, or it won't look right.

1-3 Textures: In WA, there was sometimes a bit of dirt that blended quite nicely with the grass. These textures were used for that. The green bit is your 3rd floortile. As before, make sure it touches the edges.

Various Floor/Walltop Tiles: These are where you put some extra textures that you've made, that are Floortiles and Walltop tiles.

Various Wallside Textures: Same as above, but instead of Floortiles and Walltops, Wallsides that you have.

Shadow: In WA, The Void was appearing in Wonderland, hmm? The areas around it turned grey. This tile is used as the area where the void is, make sure this color covers the whole tile.

Shadow Diagonal Use this with the one above to create a proper void effect. This is used as the corner of the void area in offic. textures.

Other: If you have anymore tiles, you can just put them here.

There is an example of a texture at the bottom of my post, it was done by me.

ONE MORE NOTE: When you are making your texture, The blue separation lines are not defining the end of one tile and the start of another. There is another picture as an example. What you might think is make my tile fit inside the black area. It fits inside the green square instead.

The BKG textures, SIDE and TOP, are for the tiles around the level. SIDE should use a wallside tex, and TOP should use a Walltop.

I will update this from time to time, once we have more to do with this. Not right now though.

Good Luck with the textures! :wink:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:44 am

CUSTOM ITEMS

When using custom icons, you have an area that has a bunch of inventory squares in it.
In this area, by default, all squares are empty.

Click on this link to see what the thing should look like (scroll down a bit). to add a custom icon, you need to take the picture that you want for it and put it in the next space available.
Take your picture and place it in the folder of your adventure. Load the adventure in the editor, and you can use the custom item. In order for it to be really useful, use advanced dialog (I.E. Trade an NPC the item, they give you a key, etc.(There's an example adventure by me at the bottom of this post) or to have an NPC guide you somewhere (somehow) after giving them # coins). That's all I have now for Custom Items.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.