[APPEAL] To all those people, who want to make textures...

Leveltextures, Custom Icons, etc. for Wonderland Adventures.
DEEMAN223344
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by DEEMAN223344 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:13 pm

Sorry about that post. That's what you get for being up at midnight.
Also, I seem to have forgotten that I need to keep my head out of these arguments; I break everything I touch.
Again, I really don't have anything against your popularity; I AM, however, annoyed at all the mimicking everyone is doing.
Yes, MNIK is awesome, but get your own ideas, leeches!
I REALLY hope I didn't break anything this time.
DEEMAN223344
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by DEEMAN223344 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:15 pm

Emerald141 wrote:Deeman, you've been relapsing into what you consider to be "past deeman" a lot recently, and I'm starting to think that your past and present identities aren't really so different after all. Please stop your frequent hating on MNIK and raging in general, or there will be consequences that I guarantee you won't like.
Wow, I had no idea we were both posting at the same time.
And OK, you've said this before, so, like I said, I'm sure to stay out of these arguments for the most part.
DEEMAN223344
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by DEEMAN223344 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:24 pm

MyNameIsKooky wrote:Oh man, I missed these ragey debate threads!
Okay, this is the only thing that I either didn't TRY to say in my post or contradict myself and come up with during most of the night instaid of sleeping
So, To reply to what I was quoting in the first place...
Exactly WHY do you like these debates? They're the things that cause me to act in a way that you then proceeded to rage at!
Or was that sarcasm....?
Emerald141
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Emerald141 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:25 pm

Last edited by Emerald141 on Fri Sep 02, 2022 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DEEMAN223344
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by DEEMAN223344 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:30 pm

Emerald141 wrote:You've kind of overused the excuse that you were up at a late hour, so I suggest you take your own advice and go to sleep earlier so that you don't find it's no longer valid.

And calling people "leeches" is anything but respectful, and makes me wonder if you're really sorry. That type of label isn't only rude, it's also hypocritical.
Yeah, I really should.
As for being a hypocrite, that's what I was TRYING to say in the milking thing. I got tired of copying MNIK, and MNIK got tired of me copying him.
As for leeches, I'm sorry again;
I'd better leave this topic before I break anything else.
EDIT: One last thing, these debates are now the only things left to fuel my rage, so yeah....
StinkerSquad01
Rainbow AllStar

Post by StinkerSquad01 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:55 pm

I'M MAKING A TEXTURE THAT ISN'T IN PAINT are you happy now
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:15 pm

Finally someone can stay on topic and not get into fights or arguments. :roll:
llarson
Rainbow Star

Post by llarson » Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:24 pm

No offence but again I'm sorry for starting the "little kid" thing I just got a different message from emeralds post than the message he was talking about.I didn't mean for anybody to argue I was just irritated.Anyways What texture are you making stinkersquad?land or monster?
"Cabbage is useless"~Came to me in a dream
"Aparagus is Unlovable"~Common knowledge
"Radishes are Ugly"~Came to my mind
My Level List
StinkerSquad01
Rainbow AllStar

Post by StinkerSquad01 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:57 pm

it is a leveltex I have 2 rows done and so far it looks lovely, cannot work on it right now though :(
llarson
Rainbow Star

Post by llarson » Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:09 pm

StinkerSquad01 wrote:it is a leveltex I have 2 rows done and so far it looks lovely, cannot work on it right now though :(
can't wait to see it.Why are we talking like this?
"Cabbage is useless"~Came to me in a dream
"Aparagus is Unlovable"~Common knowledge
"Radishes are Ugly"~Came to my mind
My Level List
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:38 pm

MyNameIsKooky wrote:Hey, I was never trying to run a monopoly thing in the first place. After I designed some games for fun, a lot of you guys just decided I was cool or something. And no, I'm not trying to defend my position. It kind of pisses me off that you're making me sound like I'm so egotistical all the time. Besides, it's not MY fault that people get inspired by my work and make their own knockoffs.
I just feel the need to clarify (though I don't think your post was directed at me) - I'm not trying to say anything like that. I'm not blaming you, or even anyone in specific. I don't think you're egotistical or trying to run a monopoly-style operation or anything like that.
Pawelec
Rainbow Master

Post by Pawelec » Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:54 am

Ekhem... As a 'father' of this topic I have to say that starting a war wasn't my intention. If someone has personal offences please use PM, not the forum topic... In Poland we say 'wash your own dirts in your own home'.

So, back on topic, I'm not the best one in making level textures, so I don't make them. That's simple: if you have nothing worth showing, don't show.

Also, I didn't see any advs in the forum that use poor PaintTexes. Did you play any level that has ugly purple and green lines on the floor? (I know that texture makers may use their own textures to make them more popular, so I don't ask you for these examlpes).

My favourite custom level textures are Purple Shore and Wonder Garden (I needed to tweak both to make them suit my advs).
"Let us return to the past; it will be progress."
by Giuseppe Verdi
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:08 pm

I am beginning to have trouble reading these posts. :?
Nobody
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Nobody » Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:48 pm

OH NO! YOU SHOULD VISIT AN EYE DOCTOR RIGHT AWAY!
i should change my signature to be rude to people who hate pictures of valves
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:39 pm

I figure it's better if I put this here rather than in the topic it came from, as this one's kinda all over the place. Anyways!
I don't like being the one to point this out (and once again, I mean no offense by this), but you're not exactly in a good place to judge.

Almost all of the work I've seen from you hasn't been original... And here you are basically commenting that MNIK's texture - which is almost entirely original - isn't anything more than average, without even giving any constructive criticism.

Hover your mouse over every individual word that's linked to a URL here, you'll see what I mean.

I hope you realize that this isn't helping your reputation at all, especially considering SS01's account of your behavior:
StinkerSquad01 wrote:[...] when I said "all he did was some recoloring, it isn't that great," I get pm'd by Dark Drago about how I "don't appreciate his works." [...]
Unless you've sent him a PM about it, I haven't seen an apology from you at all. It's not your work to begin with, either. As I said earlier, I could very easily hop into GIMP and do the same thing that you've been doing in about five minutes. As a matter of fact, I'd say that I have:

These were made for a project of mine that I may not even finish (I'll leave you lot to guess the details :P ). I haven't uploaded these to the forums, true, but even if I had, I wouldn't take credit for them - All I did was darken the center of the default coin texture and add a key to it. That's not a lot of work.

Yes, for the water floor/water sides textures, a lot of people (myself included) use the ones that MS uses in WA. However, my point is that even then, that's only three or four textures at most, compared to the textures I've seen from you being almost entirely made of textures by MS.
Dark Drago ([url=http://www.pcpuzzle.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=23850]This topic[/url]) wrote:
epicdude15 wrote:I like it but don't go stealing ideas off other people,
What if it was copyright?
Make your own ideas like,
Whatever you want,
just don't copy people...
You can't copyright textures.
MS has already copyrighted it.
External recopyrighting is a serious offense
Do you not realize the flaw in your logic here? If MS was stricter on copyrights, you could be in a lot of trouble - Just about any of us could. You're essentially taking credit for his texture work in what you say when you recolor them and upload them here (I'm not even going to address the issue SS01 brought up, because I think that speaks for itself).

Once again, I don't mean any offense by any of this. However, I think you need to step back and think about what you're doing before judging other peoples' works or talking about copyrights.
jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by jdl » Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:19 pm

First of all I want to say that I had no idea this topic existed so sorry if this is late.
MyNameIsKooky wrote:Overshadowed, mainly because most of their games are very old. Not to mention they're kind of hard to notice when the developers are almost never around anymore.
I'll be honest, SL1 is old.
SL1 was my first game, so was it terrible and uninteresting? Yes!

However since then I've released 2 games and an editor:
SL2, SL Editor, and Yoctostinky (with the help of Blast!10 for letting me finish it).

Did I get feedback on Yoctostinky? No, I don't remember one person stating their opinion on it whatsoever (if this is wrong please say so).

Did I get some feedback on SL2? Yes, but not very much that I can remember. Very few people at all said anything about it, and for the people who hated it or didn't find it interesting: Why don't you provide some constructive criticism so that game makers like me don't feel like they've made a piece of garbage that nobody likes, and instead, can try to improve on it?

Will I ever release SL3/another game? Probably not! Due to the lack of interest, SL3 is canceled as far as I'm concerned. How am I supposed to make a community game when I don't even know why the community isn't even interested? As for making different games, I've lost all motivation because they're going to end up like my other games.

As for me being inactive... Nope! I visit this forum literally everyday. It's my homepage. I won't ever be leaving without a reason.
ImageImage
TheCracksOverhead#9565 | Oops, uh oh.
TheThaumaturge
Rainbow Master

Post by TheThaumaturge » Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:42 pm

Yeah, I stand with Qloof's post up there. It must have taken a lot of time to make that Windows98 texture, and it was done completely by him alone. Drago, I also think you should apologize to SS01 for that PM, or something. It's not that he doesn't appreciate your works, it's just that it's something that pretty much everyone can do easily.

Now that we're on the subject of original/unoriginal custom stuff, I want to say that the upcoming adventures in my series have to do with a big area in which colors change as you progress, and that I may want to recolor some of the textures (mostly the green part in trees and the Hills texture, which is the default WA texture) to fit the places. I was wondering if that would be ok...
Into The Rainbow!

Next Adventure: The Federation: 0%

Gentleman Scientist Supreme.

DEEMAN223344
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by DEEMAN223344 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:17 pm

Qloof, Your quote from SS01 confuses me in context.
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:23 pm

DEEMAN223344 wrote:Qloof, Your quote from SS01 confuses me in context.
How so?

The point I was trying to make is that Drago judging other peoples' work isn't going to help his reputation, and neither is responding to criticism in the way SS01 says he did.
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:49 am

Let me agree to disagree as well as agree to agree.

Agree: SS01 is trying hard to show DD the truth about this, and you guys are now supporting him, which is good. DD is making textures which are edited versions of the MoFI or WA ones, but he says he really worked hard on them. No, that probably isn't true.

Disagree: It's easy.

YEAH RIGHT. THEN HOW do YOU DO IT? I'VE ASKED ON THIS TOPIC FOR HELP ON FINDING A FREE AND RELIABLE TEXTURE MAKER AND HOW I USE IT TO EDIT TEXTURES BETTER AND TAKE PIECES OF TEXTURES AND ADD THEM TO YOUR OWN,MORE THAN ONCE, AND NOBODY'S PAID ANY ATTENTION TO ME! :x :evil:

Please help? :cry: :oops: :lol: :roll: :!:
DEEMAN223344
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by DEEMAN223344 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:55 am

Qloof234 wrote:
How so?

The point I was trying to make is that Drago judging other peoples' work isn't going to help his reputation, and neither is responding to criticism in the way SS01 says he did.
It looked like you were talking to SS01.
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:04 am

Wonderman109 wrote:Disagree: It's easy.

YEAH RIGHT. THEN HOW do YOU DO IT? I'VE ASKED ON THIS TOPIC FOR HELP ON FINDING A FREE AND RELIABLE TEXTURE MAKER AND HOW I USE IT TO EDIT TEXTURES BETTER AND TAKE PIECES OF TEXTURES AND ADD THEM TO YOUR OWN,MORE THAN ONCE, AND NOBODY'S PAID ANY ATTENTION TO ME! :x :evil:

Please help? :cry: :oops: :lol: :roll: :!:
The problem comes down to what you're looking for. "Free and reliable texture maker" is awfully vague. If that's all you're looking for, then I can't offer anything, because just about every paint program - including MS Paint itself - can fall under that category.

"How I use it to edit textures better"? Learn how to use the more advanced features of the tool you're using. I've seen people create some pretty amazing pieces of art, even with MS Paint.

"Take pieces of textures and add them to your own"? That's not really a lot to go off of. If you mean copying parts of textures into a texture you're working on, then just about any paint program can do that. If you mean one that can merge two specific tiles into one, then no, Paint can't really do that. Part of it also depends on how you'd plan on merging textures together. If you were to try overlaying one over another, something with transparency capabilities (I.E. GIMP 2.8) can work rather well.

If you're looking for one that's user-friendly, I'm afraid I can't help there, as I don't know of any other than... Well, MS Paint, basically. As I've mentioned before, I use Paint and GIMP 2.8 in combination (as well as Paint.NET in some cases), and it works quite well for me. However, I really don't know much about any of them except Paint (part of that is because I'm lazy and haven't read the documentation for the other two).

If you're referring to changing the color balance of textures, a lot of art programs can do that (Paint can't). Paint.NET, Photoshop, and GIMP can all do this (I don't know how to in Paint.NET but I know it's possible, and it's been... literally years since I used Photoshop). The outcomes are different for each one (E.G. using the color tool on GIMP results in VERY bright colors), but the capability is there.

Honestly? I'd have to say the best thing you can do is experiment and find an art tool you're comfortable with. If you're looking for a place to start, I'd recommend checking out Paint.NET or GIMP.
DEEMAN223344 wrote:
Qloof234 wrote:
How so?

It looked like you were talking to SS01.
Ohhh, I see. My bad. :wink:
DEEMAN223344
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by DEEMAN223344 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:15 am

Game Maker Sprite Editor is also quite useful.
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:19 am

Qloof234 wrote: "Take pieces of textures and add them to your own"? That's not really a lot to go off of. If you mean copying parts of textures into a texture you're working on, then just about any paint program can do that. If you mean one that can merge two specific tiles into one, then no, Paint can't really do that. Part of it also depends on how you'd plan on merging textures together. If you were to try overlaying one over another, something with transparency capabilities (I.E. GIMP 2.8) can work rather well.
No, I mean sometimes I wish I had, let's say, a WAE temple texture with the pink tile texture from The Hills texture, so I can make a temple with glass floor.

So I don't sound like a hypocrite, if I could do things like that, (which I know can be done from certain textures like TheVoid,) I would call it MS's property, becasue it's still his even if I fiddle around with it a little. That's what Drago doesn't quite understand. :x :(
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:52 am

Yeah, that'd be quite simple. You can do that with MS Paint on its own.

As for releasing it, I don't think that on its own would be a problem. I think the problem with that would be if there was an influx of textures like that resulting in threads for each of them.

Perhaps someone could make a universal thread for texture edits like that?
Dark Drago
Rainbow Master

Post by Dark Drago » Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:08 am

Oops, it looks like I'm turning back like what I was in May last week...
StinkerSquad01
Rainbow AllStar

Post by StinkerSquad01 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:20 am

Last month was June.
Dark Drago
Rainbow Master

Post by Dark Drago » Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:08 am

I found out what that problem was.
Thanks to my best friend, the soccer ball.

"I tried shooting it to the goal today but all were miskicks. My mind was thinking about that thingy. But when I didn't think about that thingy, I could score!"

It's the same way, when I think about that thingy, my attitude fails to be proper and I end up misjudging everything. But when I'm free of it, I am my usual normal self.
I couldn't have found this out without your help, my friends here.
I am sincerely thankful to you all for pointing it out.

That's why they say soccer sure is great.
I was able to solve the biggest, buggiest problem in me because of it.
Sorry for the trouble anyway
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:48 pm

Qloof234 wrote:Yeah, that'd be quite simple. You can do that with MS Paint on its own.

As for releasing it, I don't think that on its own would be a problem. I think the problem with that would be if there was an influx of textures like that resulting in threads for each of them.

Good idea, but I don't know how to do that. :wink: :( :?
Dark Drago
Rainbow Master

Post by Dark Drago » Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:17 pm

Wonderman109 wrote:
Qloof234 wrote:Yeah, that'd be quite simple. You can do that with MS Paint on its own.

Good idea, but I don't know how to do that. :wink: :( :?
One thread for level tex
One thread for custom tex
One thread for icons
So and so?