The Ultimate WA Editor Hex-Editing Topic! Take A Look!

Help Topics, Bug Reports, Feature Requests, etc.
wonderland fan
Gold Wonderlander

Post by wonderland fan » Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:22 pm

I have converted music I want to use into OGG files, but I can't find any info on how to make it work in the editor. I've read every page of this post. Can someone please tell me how to do this....
Joy
Rainbow Keeper

Post by Joy » Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:50 am

already have it.....
I didn't live ANYWHERE in the world!
~Anonymous.

Wait, It isn't possible!
kacpero
Rainbow Keeper

Re: A BREAKTHROUGH! (cont'd)

Post by kacpero » Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:14 pm

cbloopy wrote:[EDIT: as of May 2nd 2009, you should use MOFILevelConverter version 0.1.2.0 or higher if you want to convert levels made with the hacked Editor. You can get the latest version of MOFILevelConverter here]

So......

Well, I got fed up with the model substitution approach. It's just too much work and complications. I decided to finally attempt hacking new code (ie. programming) into the Editor. It took some work but as you can see from that glorious screenshot above, I finally got it to load new objects that uses "!ObstacleXX" for model names. They are basically all the decorative objects in the game. Yep, the Editor just took one big step closer to being a MOFI level editor!

But don't throw away MOFILevelConverter.exe just yet. It's not going away anytime soon. For the changes I made here, it's not even really new code, just copies of existing code modified to load the additional objects. In general, the kind of hacking needed to add truly new code is kinda like trying to dig to the center of the Earth with a spoon. It may be theoretically possible, but very impractical. In other words, there are still many things that will be easier to implement in MOFILevelConverter than the hacking route.

You can download the modified Editor.exe and the MOFI WOPs here:

http://www.geocities.com/cbloopy/HackedEditor.zip

(I can't attach here because it's too big. I tried MediaFire but it's broken.)

But before doing so, make sure to copy the data\models folder from MOFI/demo MOFI into WA Editor v096. The hacked Editor now expects the new MOFI model files to be present, and will not run if they aren't.

I purposely named the hacked editor with the same name of Editor.exe. While you can keep the original file, you should rename the original file to something else. Because the new MOFI WOPs uses !ObstacleXX models that the old Editor doesn't understand, the old Editor will MAV if you accidentally go to one of the new MOFI objects while browsing objects in the editor. By making my hacked version be Editor.exe, you are less likely to accidentally run the old unhacked version.

And remember that you still need MOFI demo to actually play any levels using the new MOFI models.
GRRR! i cannot download it!!! upload it again! :o
can you give me instalator of return to wonderland and wonderland and secret worlds here are links: http://www.pcpuzzle.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20041 http://www.pcpuzzle.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20042
kacpero
Rainbow Keeper

Post by kacpero » Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:24 pm

can you help me find 1 zip in this topic? i forgot name! by: cbloopy. WOPs: palmtree, ship, spaceship, volcano, volcano acid, and MOFI trees
can you give me instalator of return to wonderland and wonderland and secret worlds here are links: http://www.pcpuzzle.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20041 http://www.pcpuzzle.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20042
Kabooms Rock
Rainbow Wonderlander

Re: the CMD to activate the shard's teleporting abilities!

Post by Kabooms Rock » Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:47 pm

cbloopy wrote:
DEEMAN223344 wrote:Besides, you cross the rainbow pool to use the shards so it must be a command.
Looks like you're right, and maybe there is no complications after all. I used MasterDatEditor to look at master.dat for the Rainbow Pool (Adventure87 in WA1) and discovers the CMD to activate the shards: CMD 114.

I tested it out in WA Editor and the CMD definitely did something. Before running the CMD, using a shard will display the message "the shard makes a beautiful sound but nothing happens". Once the CMD has been run however, the message will instead say "you cannot use the shards while in an adventure", which I think is what would happen in WA1 if you try using the shards while not on the hub.

So, probably all the programming for the shards have been left intact. With luck maybe it's still there even in MOFI. I'll let other people test that out.
I know this is a old topic but isn't there a command to deactivate shards?
like when you go to the void the shards dont work.
save off topic by clicking here and here
DEEMAN223344
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by DEEMAN223344 » Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:52 pm

probably by using the same command as to activate them.
Kabooms Rock
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by Kabooms Rock » Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:15 pm

I tried that it does not work.
Last edited by Kabooms Rock on Fri Dec 25, 2009 2:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
save off topic by clicking here and here
tyteen4a03
Rainbow AllStar

Post by tyteen4a03 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:12 am

and the duck went moo

Beep bloop
Clifford
Rainbow Wizard

Post by Clifford » Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:03 am

kacpero wrote:
cbloopy wrote:[EDIT: as of May 2nd 2009, you should use MOFILevelConverter version 0.1.2.0 or higher if you want to convert levels made with the hacked Editor. You can get the latest version of MOFILevelConverter here]

So......

Well, I got fed up with the model substitution approach. It's just too much work and complications. I decided to finally attempt hacking new code (ie. programming) into the Editor. It took some work but as you can see from that glorious screenshot above, I finally got it to load new objects that uses "!ObstacleXX" for model names. They are basically all the decorative objects in the game. Yep, the Editor just took one big step closer to being a MOFI level editor!

But don't throw away MOFILevelConverter.exe just yet. It's not going away anytime soon. For the changes I made here, it's not even really new code, just copies of existing code modified to load the additional objects. In general, the kind of hacking needed to add truly new code is kinda like trying to dig to the center of the Earth with a spoon. It may be theoretically possible, but very impractical. In other words, there are still many things that will be easier to implement in MOFILevelConverter than the hacking route.

But before doing so, make sure to copy the data\models folder from MOFI/demo MOFI into WA Editor v096. The hacked Editor now expects the new MOFI model files to be present, and will not run if they aren't.

I purposely named the hacked editor with the same name of Editor.exe. While you can keep the original file, you should rename the original file to something else. Because the new MOFI WOPs uses !ObstacleXX models that the old Editor doesn't understand, the old Editor will MAV if you accidentally go to one of the new MOFI objects while browsing objects in the editor. By making my hacked version be Editor.exe, you are less likely to accidentally run the old unhacked version.

And remember that you still need MOFI demo to actually play any levels using the new MOFI models.
GRRR! i cannot download it!!! upload it again! :o
Boo Hoo
Nobody
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Nobody » Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:58 pm

:x :x :x
i should change my signature to be rude to people who hate pictures of valves
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:25 am

Clifford wrote:Boo Hoo
Well, that was rude and unnecessary, to say the least.

Kacpero's asking if someone could upload it again because cbloopy's geocities is down, and he's not the only one who could use it, I'll bet. :|
kacpero
Rainbow Keeper

Post by kacpero » Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:33 pm

i see that someone adventure have an item. you colected this item then you see YOU CANNOT EAT THIS ITEM HERE.

and i have funny/stupid idea that dialog don't say you cannot eat this item here. and i want to chenge it to: you cannot eat your pile here! hahahahahahahahahahhahhahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :piratewink: :piratesmile: :stinkylol: :piratelol:
Last edited by kacpero on Fri Dec 25, 2009 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
maxnick
Rainbow Master

Post by maxnick » Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:22 pm

What?
Uijt jt nz tjhobuvsf.
jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by jdl » Fri Dec 25, 2009 1:49 am

I really have no idea whether this was posted or not, but Cbloopy made this program where it finds your Localsave Off Directory for WA:MOFI! I found this while searching my PM Inbox and thought I'd post it. :D

Enjoy,

jdl
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ImageImage
TheCracksOverhead#9565 | Oops, uh oh.
AJQZC
Rainbow Wizard

Post by AJQZC » Sat Dec 26, 2009 8:32 am

Please see this topic.
kacpero
Rainbow Keeper

Post by kacpero » Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:00 am

Qloof234 wrote:
jdl wrote:The orange one acts like the one in WA:MOFI
<3

EDIT: Test adventure lulz
sorry but that level is stupid that maked mofi screen in the editor and this looks like bad look
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pawelec
Rainbow Master

I've just forgotten...

Post by Pawelec » Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:07 pm

Where MOFI starts game in default (X,Y) ?
"Let us return to the past; it will be progress."
by Giuseppe Verdi
Clifford
Rainbow Wizard

Post by Clifford » Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:50 am

Qloof234 wrote:
Clifford wrote:Boo Hoo
Well, that was rude and unnecessary, to say the least.

Kacpero's asking if someone could upload it again because cbloopy's geocities is down, and he's not the only one who could use it, I'll bet. :|
Sorry, I was meaning boo hoo, it's down. (Uh Oh.) (I guess I didn't make it very clear.)

(I wish I backuped my Wonderland stuff before I changed computers. Now I've lost it all. :cry: :cry: :cry: )

PS: Do you think I would actually mean to be rude since I'm having the same problem?
Clifford wrote:

So......

Sorry 'bout the trouble, Geocity says it broke down and my hard drive stuffed up so I can't download it. Can someone post a link to somewhere else?
Pawelec
Rainbow Master

QUESTION

Post by Pawelec » Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:47 pm

HELP!
I want to use custom leveltex in the MOFI hub. How to do it?

EDIT: Fixed now. Rename "localsaveoff" to "localsaveon" to make it work.
by Giuseppe Verdi
Pawelec
Rainbow Master

IDEA!

Post by Pawelec » Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:33 pm

Sorry for D-P.

I know what we need to make MOFI Editor. We need to program wg.exe.
Copy wg.exe from MOFI to Editor and make it looking for new adventures at User Data folder after renaming "localsaveoff" to "localsaveon". That's all!
by Giuseppe Verdi
tyteen4a03
Rainbow AllStar

Post by tyteen4a03 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:34 pm

Does anyone have a copy of MOFI editor? Please zip it and send it to me, I will upload it to WonderStorage.
and the duck went moo

Beep bloop
DEEMAN223344
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by DEEMAN223344 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:17 pm

tyteen4a03 wrote:Does anyone have a copy of MOFI editor? Please zip it and send it to me, I will upload it to WonderStorage.
no. Even if they could, it's locked to their computer so it would be useless to anyone but them.
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:40 pm

Actually, the MoFI Editors and Players are obsolete now. Remember how sometimes with the WA Editor, you had to update your files for the new year?

Same thing, except there weren't any updates released, so now both of the MoFI editing programs say that they've expired.
tyteen4a03
Rainbow AllStar

Post by tyteen4a03 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:09 am

I mean the hacked editor.
and the duck went moo

Beep bloop
AJQZC
Rainbow Wizard

Post by AJQZC » Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:58 am

Just wondering, what will the file format of MoFI custom levels be? .wa3? :)
jozsefkoma
Rainbow Star

Post by jozsefkoma » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:37 pm

New Object!
BoomSquare!This square explode!But it need a another object to trigger the boom!
Download please!
  1. Note: In Boom Square Exlpde Data1=Boom Square ID
http://pcpuzzle.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... highlight=
Test Adventure for this object&#8593;
AJQZC
Rainbow Wizard

Post by AJQZC » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:17 am

Thanks for that, but I'll suggest you put it together with your test adventure. :wink:
jozsefkoma
Rainbow Star

Post by jozsefkoma » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:54 pm

ok
jozsefkoma
Rainbow Star

New object! Win adventure button!
Last edited by jozsefkoma on Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jozsefkoma
Rainbow Star

[deleted]
Last edited by jozsefkoma on Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.