Test Adventure 1: please help! (a request, not a level title

Help Topics, Bug Reports, Feature Requests, etc.
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Test Adventure 1: please help! (a request, not a level title

Post by Muzozavr » Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:14 am

Is it solvable at all? If so, where is the key? Got the gloves but without the key I cannot charge them... and that Snooky won't say anything useful!
EDIT: Just tried the nonsense line, and he finally gave me his key... 8)
Rest in peace, Kym. I hardly knew ya.
Rest in peace, Marinus. A bright star, you were ahead of me on my own tracks of thought. I miss you.
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:29 am

Yep, that confused me for a time too. :lol:
Pauline
richmond2010
Rainbow Seeker

Post by richmond2010 » Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:46 am

god is it solvable? i talked to Snooky (NPC) and he wont give me his key until i talked to him and said: "Nope". he finally give key. after that, HOW DO U GET RID OF THE STUPID CHOMPER?! I've tried everyting, but per se, i just cant get rid of the chomper. :evil:
ILoveWonderland
Rainbow Master

Post by ILoveWonderland » Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:52 am

You aren't supposed to get rid of the chomper. :wink:
Insert stupid jokes here.
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:55 am

You are supposed to outrun the chomper. Then charge the gloves then BLINK FAST!
Rest in peace, Marinus. A bright star, you were ahead of me on my own tracks of thought. I miss you.
richmond2010
Rainbow Seeker

Post by richmond2010 » Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:02 pm

duh

EDIT: wat i meant was, how 2 outrun the chomper :?:
Last edited by richmond2010 on Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Garfield
Rainbow Seeker

Post by Garfield » Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:02 pm

Where's the exit/star?

Hugs Katja
Katja Birthday 18th august 1973
Natascha birthday 20th december 2002
Emma birthday 27th january 2006

Ours Location is Denmark
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:48 pm

On the other side of the level there's an entrance to another "level" of this adventure. That's where I'm stuck on. (too slow when Brr-ing.
Erwin042
Rainbow Star

spoiler with my solution

Post by Erwin042 » Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:16 pm

First: thanks folks for the tips !!

(first reply from yesterday!)
But then I saved the game and reloaded and the gloves were already there!!even I haven't been on the switch yet!
I wanted to run around the middle area twice so I had a bit of advance on the chomper, then go over the switch and start blinking.
I saved the game just before I wanted to open the door.
Now I can blink before the gloves are activated.

That was yesterday :!:

I hadn't tried it ALL out yesterday. But today I loaded the game.

What follows can spoil YOUR fun, so I made this spoiler.

I had the blinkin'gloves and went to the edge of the water, blinked and then.... the ball returns and hits me :lol: 8) cool fix MS !!! So I had to try again.

Here comes my complete solution !!!!

You know now how to get the key. So get the gloves. Stand before the gate and open it with the key (for everybody who hasn't played WA yet!)
Make 2 rounds around the middle mountains so the chomper is further away from you. Then go for the blink power. I walk towards the middle mountains then I start blinking once. Then I walk again towards the water and blink again. Then I enter the second room.

Second room:
get on the yellow gloves to get popping. Just pop onto the red diamond button so the transporter turns towards you.
Get on the transporter. Walk not on the button but aside. Avoid the spike for now! I walk to the left of the spike along the wall to the yellow popping gate and I stand just before the entrance.
There I pop to the blue button so the blue gate across the river opens. There you find the brrr! gloves.
Now I return along the same side to the transporter. and towards the Brr! power. Don't stop walking cos then the fireflowers can hit you. Even not when you're on the Brr! power. Just walk back towards the spike area.
I walk again along the same wall (other walks are possible) to the right mushroom.

Freezing spike move:
There I wait until the spike hits the mushroom and is going to the button, just before it's 1 square before the button, I Brr! and the spikes freezes. But it slides 1 square further so on the button.

Now I can enter the yellow gate. There I Brr! 4 ice pieces and return.I don't slide across!! Cos I can't Brr more pieces further on and go back then. So I need to maximize the Brr gloves. I have to hurry otherwise the spike has been unfrozen and I'm stuck.
I return to the Brr gloves to maximize the gloves. I don't wait, I just keep walking and go for the Brr! power again.
Then I'll do the freezing spike move
I'll go over my 4 ice pieces and Brr 4 ice more onto the right.
Then I'll go back to the Brr power.
Again freeze the spike first, then Brr the 4 pieces, return to the gloves.
Then again freeze the spike, then I slide over the 4 pieces, and Brr 4 more pieces. Then I brr back to go back to the brr power.
Then again first Brr those 4 pieces. But now I slide across. I brr!ed only 4 times. I have 4 Brr left. I need 2 more for the final path. And then I reach the star !!

Complicated but it's done. It's a really hard level on testing. It's more testing your skills.

I'll give it another try and maybe it's good for a video solution !!
I going to make the video solution in 2 or 3 parts. with additional save points.
I write the links when the videos are made and ready to watch on youtube
Last edited by Erwin042 on Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
dlcs18
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by dlcs18 » Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:30 pm

I was clever enough to click on the "Nope." first. 8)
But then I restarted and just wanted to see what would happen if I said "Yes" ... :roll: :lol:
But now I'm stuck in second room. The fireflowers keep killing my SpikeBall!
dlcs18
Erwin042
Rainbow Star

video solutions? Or not?

Post by Erwin042 » Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:52 pm

I've edited my post from yesterday and add my complete solution in it.
I'm going to make a video solution on this one in a couple of minutes.

How about making solutions for the more complicated levels such as the TestAdventure01?

I'll wait with posting the solutions, until someone has an idea on where to post the solutions.

For this level, I make videos just till I want to save the game. It's easier to go on and the video is not that big (100Mb)

As this level is complicated I've already made 4 parts. The first 3 for the first area. And from the 4th on till ???? (the star of course)
One video solution for this adventure was not possible. Also videos for pieces of the solution were not possible. Everytime I had to stop playing, I forgot to save or I got stuck. Or the videopart was to big to upload. When I had the brr gloves on maximum and saved the game, so afterwards I loaded the game, my gloves didn't work anymore.

I've now posted the solution (again) but now with some screenshots.
I'll hope everyone understands what I wrote !!
Last edited by Erwin042 on Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
superquookie
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by superquookie » Sat Nov 03, 2007 3:43 am

SNOOKY Said
the meaning of life is 41!
Did MS play the impossible quiz!!! :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: [/b]
IM BACK!

remember quookie;)
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Sat Nov 03, 2007 3:57 am

superquookie wrote:SNOOKY Said
the meaning of life is 41!
Did MS play the impossible quiz!!! :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: [/b]
I think MS has watched the Hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy...

...My friend watched it and apparently, somewhere in there (I don't know where cuz I haven't seen it), it says the answer to life (Or meaning, whatever) is...

42! :lol: :lol:
dlcs18
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by dlcs18 » Sat Nov 03, 2007 6:44 am

MS intended that to be wrong.

"Silly, it's 41 of course!"

"No wait, that wasn't right!"

And you say "You're close!"

:wink: :lol:
dlcs18
rescuefire
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by rescuefire » Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:54 pm

So Erwin you are saying that you can slide over your ice twice? I don't see a way to go via the yellow gate and have enough ice to get all the way around the corner. Doesn't the ice disappear after you slide across it? Mine does.

I tried going on the right side to the star and can't brr fast enough to get across cuz I'm not in full screen mode. I still can't get this one :cry:
Image Blessed are those who can give without remembering and take without forgetting.
Erwin042
Rainbow Star

Post by Erwin042 » Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:19 pm

rescuefire wrote:So Erwin you are saying that you can slide over your ice twice? I don't see a way to go via the yellow gate and have enough ice to get all the way around the corner. Doesn't the ice disappear after you slide across it? Mine does.

I tried going on the right side to the star and can't brr fast enough to get across cuz I'm not in full screen mode. I still can't get this one :cry:
I'm not sliding on ice twice. But I'm running around twice. This is in the first room. With the ice is in the second. I can't slide 2 times over the same ice piece!
rescuefire
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by rescuefire » Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:25 pm

Erwin042 wrote:I'm not sliding on ice twice. But I'm running around twice.
Running around what twice?
Erwin042 wrote:This is in the first room. With the ice is in the second.

What is the first room? I know the ice is in the second room.
Erwin042 wrote:I can't slide 2 times over the same ice piece!

I thought not. But you wrote
Then I'll do the freezing spike move
I'll go over my 4 ice pieces and Brr 4 ice more onto the right.
Then I'll go back to the Brr power.
How can you go back and then up to get more to the right? I guess I really don't remember enough about WA to even try to complete it :cry:

Oh and I see yer still rude Erwin....don't bother with any help. Thanks.
Image Blessed are those who can give without remembering and take without forgetting.
Erwin042
Rainbow Star

Solutions with screenshots

Post by Erwin042 » Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:06 pm

So first you can collect the key. It's explained here above in this thread.
Then get the gloves.

When you've got the red gate opened, you have to run around the area, circled in red in my screenshot, twice. So the chomper is a bit further away that he can't catch you so fast.
After the second turn, go for the blinking spot and blink to the edge of the water near the waterfall. You could also blink to get faster away from the chomper and then walk towards the waterfall where you have to blink to the other side.

This completes the first area. Or if you want the first room as I wrote before.
Erwin042
Rainbow Star

next part with screenshot

Post by Erwin042 » Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:13 pm

Now you entered the second room or area.

First you you have to pop the transporter towards you. Get on it.
Go around the spike and the mushroom towards the yellow gate.
See pic for correct position to switch on the blue switch that opens the blue gates ashore.
Then return across and activate the brr gloves. Don't stop otherwise those fireflower may hit you.
Erwin042
Rainbow Star

next critical step

Post by Erwin042 » Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:18 pm

next step: brr the spike just before he's going on the yellow switch.
The spike will slide one more piece when brr'ed.
Erwin042
Rainbow Star

are2 step5

Post by Erwin042 » Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:26 pm

When the spike is iced, enter the path after the yellow gate.
Just brr 4 pieces on the water and return. Don't go any place else just yet.
You've got only 4 brr's left and that's not enough for doing anything else now!
And don't wait to long in this tunnel or the yellow gate will be closed again because the spike has been unfrozen.

Just brr 4 pieces and return to maximize the brr's.
Erwin042
Rainbow Star

area2 step7

Post by Erwin042 » Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:30 pm

So I return to maximize the brr
then I return to brr the spike
so the yellow gate opens
then I can slide over my 4 previous pieces

in the left corner I brr 4 new pieces to the right
then I brr my 4 last pieces to return
Erwin042
Rainbow Star

Post by Erwin042 » Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:37 pm

I return to maximize the brr
again freeze the spike
first brr 4 pieces towards the top left corner
don't slide over it now
return again to maximize the gloves again
then freeze the spike
then slide to the top left corner and brr 4 more ice pieces so the path has 8 ice pieces.
Slide towards the top right corner, there is the star.
Just 2 more brr's to the star.

I forgot to tell you, there is a gem behind the other blue gate in the bottom right corner.
rescuefire
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by rescuefire » Thu Nov 08, 2007 3:18 pm

Ok I had the first room done. NOW I understand what you meant on how to do the second room. Although I did it a tad differently I got out alive. You can freeze the spike from the brr glove so you actually end up with an extra brr at the end.

I thought that the brr's melted or disappeared after a certain amount of time. Not sure why I thought that but I did. THANKS SOOOO much Erwin :D