Bug Reports? Please post here!

Help Topics, Bug Reports, Feature Requests, etc.
Clifford
Rainbow Wizard

Post by Clifford » Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:37 am

8,9. I make a level Height = 101 With = 100 add with one and it closes down and not says memory acess violation but says AREA OUT OF INDEX

:( I can't make a level 101 X 101 and when I make a gigantic object and shink it it also says the above.
Clifford
Rainbow Wizard

Post by Clifford » Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:38 am

10. When I click on the dark red space in doesn't come bright red.
Clifford
Rainbow Wizard

Post by Clifford » Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:41 am

11. Please keep it but just to tell you, with magic you can have black, red purple (Blink), blue(Br), yellow(Pop) and rainbow magic.
Clifford
Rainbow Wizard

Post by Clifford » Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:44 am

12. When I press change from eg. Race - Collect all gems and I press COMPILE EXIT it doesn't take notice on the Collect all gems.
Rainbow Keeper

Post by Boppelist » Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:55 am

Some answers For Clifford.
1. It happens sometimes.
2. It only happens when you click in a dark area at the bottom of your level.
5. Did you right click at the same spot you placed the door?
6. What kind of shops?
8. I think the editor can only make up to 100 x 100 size level.
10. Sometimes it doesn't. You have to click at the right place.
11. Black and Red magic MAY BE replaced when WA:MOFI comes out.

And please try to post these things in only one post. Thank you.
:D Image :D
Clifford
Rainbow Wizard

Post by Clifford » Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:42 am

Boppelist wrote: 11. Black and Red magic MAY BE replaced when WA:MOFI comes out
What WA:MOFI???
tyteen4a03
Rainbow AllStar

Post by tyteen4a03 » Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:04 am

Clifford wrote:
See Midnight Post Issue 13 :wink:
and the duck went moo

Beep bloop
mette
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by mette » Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:42 pm

Midnight Synergy wrote:Mette - not sure what happened there. Is this bug reproducable?
Sorry - didn't see this :oops:

Well I thought it was reproducable (e.g. it happened every time), but I just tested it again just to be 100% certain, and now I couldn't get it to produce a MAV :? I didn't change anything.... how strange :?

But I have another bug:
The tutorial wrote:Transporters also have an ActivateID modifier. This setting allows you to set a transporter to only respond to being stepped on by an object with matching ID. Default is ALL. (Note that you can right-click to a special setting PLA - which indicates only the Player can ride this transporter).
I have made a transporter with ActivateID = PLA, but the scritters keep riding it. (And yes, I double checked that I have actually placed this transporter in the level :wink: )

Best,
Mette
\Mette
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by 321 » Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:24 am

Midnight Synergy has to fix this because of this level!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kilicool64
Rainbow Wizard

Post by Kilicool64 » Mon May 05, 2008 3:02 pm

When I loaded my game I got this.

Edit: I found another glitch.
The tranporter was red first, but I used a button to turn it blue. Then I saved my game and after I loaded it, the transporter looked red but acted like a blue one.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mette
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by mette » Mon May 05, 2008 6:32 pm

I guess this isn't a real bug, but it's very annoying nonetheless:

If you press Esc in the editor, the editor just closes down without warning and all your work is lost :cry: . It would be really really really nice to have a sort of check before the program shuts down. Like "Your level hasn't been saved!" And then some options like "Save now" and "Exit anyway". Something like that, anyway. I have no idea if this is possible or a biggie to program, but it's something I would appreciate very much. (Guess who just lost an hour+ of work.... :cry: )

Best,
Mette

P.S. Another thing I miss is the ability to push stuff (e.g. boxes and such) around. But I guess that's not for WA?

P.P.S. @Kilicool: Could you resize your pictures to make them somewhat smaller, please? Pictures this big makes the thread hard to read (for me at least) since I have to scroll sideways to read all the text. Thanks.
\Mette
Clifford
Rainbow Wizard

Post by Clifford » Thu May 08, 2008 9:06 am

Pretend I deleted this!
Last edited by Clifford on Thu May 08, 2008 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Clifford
Rainbow Wizard

Post by Clifford » Thu May 08, 2008 9:13 am

Boppelist wrote: 11. Black and Red magic MAY BE replaced when WA:MOFI comes out.
What about rainbow???

Black has three different effects:

Star Rainbow Red
321 wrote:Midnight Synergy has to fix this because of this level!
I think you are ID: -1

Activate ID: Pla = Player + -1

I think.

Try making the scritters a different ID.

:wink:

tyteen4a03 wrote:
Clifford wrote:
See Midnight Post Issue 13 :wink:
Not 16???
mette wrote:I guess this isn't a real bug, but it's very annoying nonetheless:

If you press Esc in the editor, the editor just closes down without warning and all your work is lost :cry: . It would be really really really nice to have a sort of check before the program shuts down. Like "Your level hasn't been saved!" And then some options like "Save now" and "Exit anyway". Something like that, anyway. I have no idea if this is possible or a biggie to program, but it's something I would appreciate very much. (Guess who just lost an hour+ of work.... :cry: )

Best,
Mette

P.S. Another thing I miss is the ability to push stuff (e.g. boxes and such) around. But I guess that's not for WA?

P.P.S. @Kilicool: Could you resize your pictures to make them somewhat smaller, please? Pictures this big makes the thread hard to read (for me at least) since I have to scroll sideways to read all the text. Thanks.
Like my dad tells me:

Always Save Your work often.

I put a timer on a save my work every 7 minites.
Clifford
Rainbow Wizard

Post by Clifford » Fri May 09, 2008 12:15 pm

Boppelist wrote: 5. Did you right click at the same spot you placed the door?
6. What kind of shops?
5. Yes.
6. Like in the game, I'd need multipule Askabouts!!!
Clifford
Rainbow Wizard

Post by Clifford » Sat May 10, 2008 11:19 pm

maxnick wrote:I don know how I did this but..
Same,

I had pop power, saved, loaded and had negative pop power apart from sparks went flying!!!
maxnick
Rainbow Master

Post by maxnick » Sun May 11, 2008 1:45 am

Clifford wrote:
Same,

I had pop power, saved, loaded and had negative pop power apart from sparks went flying!!!
Look at the color of the glove :wink:
Uijt jt nz tjhobuvsf.
Clifford
Rainbow Wizard

Post by Clifford » Sun May 11, 2008 9:22 am

maxnick wrote:
Clifford wrote:
Same,

Look at the color of the glove :wink:
I didn't have blink and I saved, loaded and then I HAD blink!!
Kilicool64
Rainbow Wizard

Post by Kilicool64 » Sat May 24, 2008 6:55 am

When you load a level with the editor, the glove fields look like this :!:
mette
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by mette » Tue May 27, 2008 3:55 pm

I just found another bug:

I have made an adventure with a Thwart - the shooting kind. Problem is that if it is placed next to a wall and the player is on the other side of that wall, the Thwart shoots straight through the wall thus killing the player. The wall is a straight line, unbroken, logic = wall, xtrude = 1.0, square and jagged. The Thwart is stationary (except for the shooting of course).

Best,
Mette
\Mette
Clifford
Rainbow Wizard

Post by Clifford » Wed May 28, 2008 9:53 am

This is just stupid.

When I do flip my barrels change from Z 6 to Z 0

Also when you put a tile down the Y axis until it reaches the end it says MAV.

Also when I'm editing diologs I'm on Inter. nine and press shift left click and I end up with array index out of bounds.

When I set FNC 1 DATA -1 It returns to DATA 0
Clifford
Rainbow Wizard

Post by Clifford » Wed May 28, 2008 10:42 pm

:cry: :cry: :cry: I can't make a battle because when I get to the twarts they're not activated but there's still a shooter. :cry: :cry: :cry:
lizwiz
Rainbow Wonderlander

Trouble Entering Dialogues

Post by lizwiz » Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:25 pm

I don't know if this is a bug - or if it's my computer playing up but I have serious trouble entering any text into the editor.

I position the cursor and type away happily, only to find that, although all the letters have gone onto the page they aren't in the order that they were typed. Mostly the cursor goes up a line halfway through a word, sometimes down sometimes it just types backwards but I have to watch every letter I put in, both on the title screen and in the dialogue boxes.

I wanted to make a level with quite a lot of dialogue in it but it has defeated me for the moment. Is there I knack. Is it my computer. Does anyone else have this problem.
Liz (the Wiz)
No trees were killed in the making of this message...however, a large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced
jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by jdl » Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:42 pm

Is your mouse moving on your keyboard tray? That might solve why your letters are moving up or down a line. But they are entering backwords?!?!

-- Did you get a new keyboard? Is your keyboard settings ok? --

Some keyboards aren't compatible with some operating systems.
ImageImage
TheCracksOverhead#9565 | Oops, uh oh.
lizwiz
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by lizwiz » Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:04 pm

I'm using my portable, with an attached mouse, but even if I remove the mouse and just use the trackpad I have the same problem.

If you don't have the problem then it must be something to do with my computer.

Oh well. When I can get up and moving again I'll use the big computer and see if it's ok on that.
Liz (the Wiz)
No trees were killed in the making of this message...however, a large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced
mette
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by mette » Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:21 pm

Hi lizwiz,

I have the exact same problem with entering text as you describe :shock: . It occurs both on my laptop (with and without mouse attached) and on my desktop. I thought it was just me and so never got around to post about it :oops: . So thanks for bringing it up :D

Unfortunately I know no solution to this :roll:

Best,
Mette
\Mette
jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by jdl » Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:41 pm

I found a interesting glitch! Whenever a fireflower leans back, pause the game. They will start launching fireballs really really fast. But they don't actually launch them. It just looks like they are. Then when you unpause the game, they quit doing it fast and shoot fire balls at their normal speed, actually shooting them. Cool huh? 8)
ImageImage
TheCracksOverhead#9565 | Oops, uh oh.
lizwiz
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by lizwiz » Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:13 am

mette wrote:Hi lizwiz,

I have the exact same problem with entering text as you describe :shock: . It occurs both on my laptop (with and without mouse attached) and on my desktop. I thought it was just me and so never got around to post about it :oops: . So thanks for bringing it up :D

Unfortunately I know no solution to this :roll:

Best,
Mette
Well I'm glad it's not just me this time :lol: I was beginning to think my computer hated me. I had to re-format and re-install everything to make the RTW Editor work and I don't fancy doing it yet again. :)
Liz (the Wiz)
lizwiz
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by lizwiz » Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:54 pm

I have just spent - about an hour laying out a level getting it just as I wanted it and before I managed to save it I got an MAV. Frustrating.

I got it because I inadvertantly tried to hit on a Y co-ord that wasn't there. It doesn't seem to matter at the top of the screen, or the sides but at the bottom it freaks and give an MAV.

In order to test it properly I tried to do it all the way round and it consistantly gave MAV when the Y co-ord was "greater" than what was available, and did not have any problem with the other sides.

I put greater in brackets because in my editor it nearly always shows the Y co-ord as minus so I if I have a level 30 X 30 I was trying to put a tile at X (N), Y-31.

Hope this makes sense.
Liz (the Wiz)
arahma

my edeter cant do 3-D

Post by arahma » Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:02 am

I reely need help with the WAE. it just can,t do 3-D
lizwiz
Rainbow Wonderlander

Re: my edeter cant do 3-D

Post by lizwiz » Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:05 am

arahma wrote:I reely need help with the WAE. it just can,t do 3-D
If you mean your editor doesn't do the 3D part then I think you need to re-install it.

In order to get to the 3D part of the editor you need to put in a name (press enter) a title for the game and some descriptive text (press enter) Then click on the "01" in the left had column on the right hand side. I'm on the wrong computer at the moment but I'll try and add an illustration later.
Liz (the Wiz)