Gate IDs?

Help Topics, Bug Reports, Feature Requests, etc.
dlcs18
Rainbow MegaStar

Gate IDs?

Post by dlcs18 » Sun Dec 16, 2007 4:40 pm

How do you make a NPC open a gate? The gates and bridges don't have ID's so how do you make a NPC that will open the gate if it needs to be activated on an ID?
dlcs18
dlcs18
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by dlcs18 » Sun Dec 23, 2007 5:21 pm

Hello? :lol:
dlcs18
2yu556
Rainbow Keeper

hmmmm

Post by 2yu556 » Sun Dec 23, 2007 5:59 pm

im pretty sure you woudl have to make him move onto a button
that only he can get to such as a design where he is behind a pathway
that you cant get to and theres a button there to open a gate

when you do something he moves to the button and pushs it
slimm tom
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by slimm tom » Sun Dec 23, 2007 6:17 pm

dlcs18 wrote:The gates and bridges don't have ID's
Well, they actually have.
Now we need ways to open these gates. There are two ways in which Wonderland links objects. One is using an ID value. For example, an NPC might be given an ID of 12, then a command could be issued to that NPC by referring to its ID value of 12.

The second option is using colours. There are a number of possible colour options available, numbered 0-13. These include the standard Rainbow colours, as well as some special colour patterns. Note that colours 14/15 should not be used - they have some internal uses and might lead to unexpected results.

Some objects (such as Gates) can take any colour. Others (such as gems) are restricted to fewer colours. If I want to create a button to open a matching gate, I now create a button with matching colour. There is also a “subcolour” value for some objects, which can take on any value between zero and four. This allows to differentiate e.g. up to five different red gates (e.g. if I want a red button to only open one of two red gates, I give the second red gate a different sub-colour value).

Advanced Note: ID #s and Colours are matched by the following formula:
ID = 500 + Colour *5 + Subcolour
E.g. a Yellow Gate (colour 2) with subcolour 3 could also be accessed by referring to objects with ID 500+2*5+3 = 513.
tyteen4a03
Rainbow AllStar

Post by tyteen4a03 » Mon Dec 24, 2007 2:06 am

slimm tom wrote:
dlcs18 wrote:The gates and bridges don't have ID's
Well, they actually have.
Now we need ways to open these gates. There are two ways in which Wonderland links objects. One is using an ID value. For example, an NPC might be given an ID of 12, then a command could be issued to that NPC by referring to its ID value of 12.

The second option is using colours. There are a number of possible colour options available, numbered 0-13. These include the standard Rainbow colours, as well as some special colour patterns. Note that colours 14/15 should not be used - they have some internal uses and might lead to unexpected results.

Some objects (such as Gates) can take any colour. Others (such as gems) are restricted to fewer colours. If I want to create a button to open a matching gate, I now create a button with matching colour. There is also a “subcolour” value for some objects, which can take on any value between zero and four. This allows to differentiate e.g. up to five different red gates (e.g. if I want a red button to only open one of two red gates, I give the second red gate a different sub-colour value).

Advanced Note: ID #s and Colours are matched by the following formula:
ID = 500 + Colour *5 + Subcolour
E.g. a Yellow Gate (colour 2) with subcolour 3 could also be accessed by referring to objects with ID 500+2*5+3 = 513.
Some add-ons:If you set a gate's ID to 500,it will be a door that looks like that in Wondertown.
and the duck went moo

Beep bloop