The Ultimate WA Editor Hex-Editing Topic! Take A Look!

Help Topics, Bug Reports, Feature Requests, etc.
cbloopy
Rainbow Master

WOPs for MOFI demo

Post by cbloopy » Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:19 am

If you are running your adventure using the MOFI demo instead of the editor, here are some new objects you can make use of right now, since they don't require any new models (or can be substituted with old ones).

The attached zip file contains the WOPs. Remember, THEY ONLY WORK ON MOFI DEMO, NOT THE WA EDITOR/PLAYER. They will not function as anything other than decorative objects when used in WA Editor/Player. Also, not surprisingly, most don't show up correctly in the Editor. I did put in a fake adjuster in each, so that when you right-click on one, you can quickly identify the object as one of the MOFI objects as opposed to an old object type.

Some quick explanation on new objects (note: some MAJOR MOFI SPOILERS :!: ahead):

Meteor: this is the "piece of sky falling down" effect in MOFI. You need trigger it via activation from general command (CMD 1). The adjustments are:

ID: the ID you would use for CMD 1
Data0: StartZ
Data1, Data2, Data3: EndX, EndY, EndZ

Basically the meteor will travel from (x,y,z) position (ObjectX, ObjectY, StartZ) towards (EndX, EndY, EndZ), stopping there, with the exception that if StartZ and EndZ are equal, the meteor will keep going even after reaching the destination. So, to make the meteor look like it falls from the sky and hits the ground, you generally want StartZ to be a high positive number, and EndZ to match the destination tile's Xtrude/Height (so 0 for normal ground level).

Magic Shooter: this is the trap that when triggered, aims a spellball towards a specific target (x,y) location. You need trigger it via activation from general command (CMD 1), typically a GC button. The adjustments are:

ID: the ID you would use for CMD 1
Data0: magic (0 = Flo, 1 = Pow, 2 = Pop, 3 = Grow, 4 = Freeze, 6 = Blink)
Data1: target x
Data2: target y

Notice magic #4 is "Freeze" not "Brr". It turns out the game basically uses the same number for both your "Brr" spell, and the permanent "Freeze" spell of the IceFlowers. The difference is apparently solely in who did the shooting. Only the player shoots "Brr"; everything else shoots "Freeze" for magic #4.

Aside from the obvious "trap" uses, you can use this object to simulate having NPCs, Ice Trolls, etc. shoot magic at something other than the player. This is how they did the scene in MOFI where the Ice Trolls attack Stinkers at MakeShift Camp and the green wizard defends with Grow.

Ice Thwart: the closest one can get to an Ice Troll without using the actual Troll model. At least this shoots Freeze. Adjusters are identical to those of Thwarts. Requires custom object texture IceTroll.png

UFO (B): the closest one can get to an UFO without using the actual UFO model. Based on CatHat5678's simulation of UFOs via custom-textured scritters. Requires custom object texture UFOScritter.bmp.

Data0 is the initial direction the UFO moves in (0 = north, 1 = east, 2 = south, 3 = west)
Data1 is turn direction (aka lefty/righty): 0 = turns left, 1 = turns right

rainbow coin: the real deal. Besides looking like rainbow coins, they don't count towards your regular gold coin count, so they don't affect, say, TollGates that count regular gold coins. In other words, they only affect Rainbow Gates (see below). Adjusters are identical to those for regular gold coins.

Sorry they look identical to regular gold coins in the Editor. At least you can tell them apart when you right-click on them.

rainbow gate: Tollgates for rainbow coins. Actually, unlike regular tollgates, the rainbow gate opens as soon as you have collected all rainbow coins. Unlike normal tollgates, for which you have to actually be standing next to one to open. There is no "Cost" adjustment; the cost is simply to collect all rainbow coins.

waterfall: waterfalls are already available in WA Editor, but MOFI also allows you to set Data0 to something besides 0 to get acid waterfalls and lava waterfalls (I forgot which value is which, try 1 and 2).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:31 am

There are no words that describe my feelings right now.
jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by jdl » Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:32 am

ImageImage
TheCracksOverhead#9565 | Oops, uh oh.
maxnick
Rainbow Master

Post by maxnick » Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:33 am

:shock: x 9999999999
Uijt jt nz tjhobuvsf.
jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by jdl » Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:41 am

ZBots?
ImageImage
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:50 am

And Baby Boomers, and crabs, and tentacles, and Kaboom!s... :wink:

Naw, just kidding. You win many, many internets for doing this, cbloopy.

EDIT: Actually, if you can get another element, d'you think you might be able to get FlipBridges? :D
CatHat5678
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by CatHat5678 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:15 am

hey every one
i worked out how to get rid if that thing that comes up when
you try to exit the mofi demo!
you just delete the pictures that show up!
(found in graffics folder)
Why did the chicken cross the road?
Because if the road crossed the chicken the old lady's would trip over the bump!
(no offence to anyone who thinks of themselves as "old")
JohnEmmanuel143
Rainbow Seeker

Or!

Post by JohnEmmanuel143 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:54 am

@Cat Hat:Or you could just use a crack I downloaded for Removing it! :lol:

@Qloof:I will try to Improve the Website if you want......
!!!!!!WA:TMS Announcement!!!!!!!
The Link to the Current Page is HereAnd
Here!
Thank you For your Support ^_^
AJQZC
Rainbow Wizard

Post by AJQZC » Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:02 pm

Wow, great job, cbloopy! :D
If you join the 3rd Wonderland Adventures game, we will know what to expect. 8)
CatHat5678
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by CatHat5678 » Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:28 pm

do you think you could get the buttons that can only be pushed
by certan monsters???
Why did the chicken cross the road?
Because if the road crossed the chicken the old lady's would trip over the bump!
(no offence to anyone who thinks of themselves as "old")
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:14 pm

You mean buttons that only monsters can use?

This already exists.

Set the monster's ID to, say, 10. Set the ActivateID on the button to the same number, and then only monsters with that ID can activate it.
Nobody
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Nobody » Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:37 pm

Could you get us lava cbloopy? :D
i should change my signature to be rude to people who hate pictures of valves
AJQZC
Rainbow Wizard

Post by AJQZC » Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:52 pm

As in, the real lava? :shock:

I don't think there's a need. You just have to set certain tiles as "hotspots". Besides, you can already find lava in the watertextures. 8)

But as in how to set them, I don't know...
DEEMAN223344
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by DEEMAN223344 » Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:58 pm

cbloopy, could you post all of the .wops straight from the editor? I have an idea for some levels.
cbloopy
Rainbow Master

Post by cbloopy » Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:00 pm

Nobody wrote:Could you get us lava cbloopy? :D
Probably, but it'll take some time since I haven't started looking into tiles yet.
cbloopy
Rainbow Master

lava tiles

Post by cbloopy » Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:50 pm

Getting lava tiles was easier than expected.

Like WOPs for objects, you have TP1s for tiles, they are the predefined types you get in the Editor from the Category:/Tile: box.

Attached is the TP1 for a depth-1 lava tile. The logic of the tile shows up as "Other" in the Editor. The tile's watertex is "rainbow" because in MOFI's standard watertex graphics, the rainbow is replaced with lava.

Put the TP1 file somewhere under c:\WA Editor v096\Data\Editor\TilePresets, like in c:\WA Editor v096\Data\Editor\TilePresets\Water (the tile will be under "Category: Water"), or maybe under a new folder c:\WA Editor v096\Data\Editor\TilePresets\Lava (the tile will be in a new "Category: Lava"). You might need to restart the Editor to have the new tile available for use.

Reminder again that this only works for adventures run via the MOFI demo. I have no idea what happens if you try to use it in an adventure played using wg.exe from the Editor. Nor have I actually tested this out yet in any MOFI-demo-based adventures. [edit: now tested to work]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
duncan
Rainbow Seeker

Post by duncan » Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:30 pm

DEEMAN223344 wrote:cbloopy, could you post all of the .wops straight from the editor? I have an idea for some levels.

Uhhh.. ummmm... cbloopy, did you not see my post?

or....*shot for getting ready to say dlcs18's phrase*
Don't judge a person by his look,but his heart
Anytime, Anyplace, Adventure Always Awaits!
Last edited by Loof on 1/1/19999999999999999 BC; edited 98998 in total.
dlcs18
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by dlcs18 » Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:15 pm

*hides gun*

You mean the "Oh the shame!" one?
duncan
Rainbow Seeker

Post by duncan » Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:45 pm

yes
cbloopy
Rainbow Master

Post by cbloopy » Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:10 am

duncan, or is it DEEMAN223344, wrote:cbloopy, could you post all of the .wops straight from the editor? I have an idea for some levels.
Well they are all on this thread somewhere. I attached the WOPs I have on my computer right now but I can't guarantee that they include everything I've posted (but should be close).
Clifford
Rainbow Wizard

Re: WOPs for MOFI demo

Post by Clifford » Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:16 am

cbloopy wrote: I did put in a fake adjuster in each, so that when you right-click on one, you can quickly identify the object as one of the MOFI objects as opposed to an old object type.
How did you do this?

Hmm I hav an idea - Bridge with colour adjustment and different texture!
[/u]
Clifford
Rainbow Wizard

Post by Clifford » Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:02 am

Everybody here,

I puchased MOFI with Bigfish games and I can only play it in full screen.
Can someone send me wg.exe please?

EDIT: This wouldn't be right for publishing with the bigfish game thing.

(Remember, adventures arn't included in wg.exe so it's not as if I'm trying to peswade you to give my the full version if you don't trust me.)

Just DON'T send me the Hub files, Ok.
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:01 pm

In theory the game shouldn't be running at all then - the main Wonderland.exe is just another link to wg.exe.
Clifford
Rainbow Wizard

Post by Clifford » Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:35 pm

Ok then, can someone post me/the whole forum wg.exe
duncan
Rainbow Seeker

Post by duncan » Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:04 pm

cbloopy wrote:
duncan, or is it DEEMAN223344, wrote:cbloopy, could you post all of the .wops straight from the editor? I have an idea for some levels.
Well they are all on this thread somewhere. I attached the WOPs I have on my computer right now but I can't guarantee that they include everything I've posted (but should be close).
*sigh* I meant all the .wops that exist from mofi
cbloopy
Rainbow Master

Post by cbloopy » Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:30 pm

duncan or DEEMAN223344 wrote:*sigh* I meant all the .wops that exist from mofi
Well you should have been more specific.

It wouldn't do you any good anyway. The reason I posted only the subset of MOFI WOPs is because they don't require MOFI-specific models. The rest do need the corresponding models from MOFI, but the Editor will MAV on any WOPs that use models not from the Editor.
mqdar
Rainbow Star

Post by mqdar » Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:22 pm

cbloopy wrote:
duncan or DEEMAN223344 wrote:*sigh* I meant all the .wops that exist from mofi
Well you should have been more specific.

It wouldn't do you any good anyway. The reason I posted only the subset of MOFI WOPs is because they don't require MOFI-specific models. The rest do need the corresponding models from MOFI, but the Editor will MAV on any WOPs that use models not from the Editor.
...Even if you copy the models from MOFI into the WA Editor folder.

Wait, I have an idea. What if to make a MOFI level with new features that require new MOFI models, you rename some model names? I can't believe that the editor would load all the models into memory. Of course, if that's the case, we're screwed. :( :wink: :lol:
Skype wrote:[7:23:42 AM] Darx: Click here to give me an internet!
[7:23:57 AM] 'a'a: *clicks here*
jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by jdl » Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:30 pm

So if we replace a Scritter model with the UFO model (and give it the same filename as the scritter was) and give it the UFO's texture using Cbloopy's texture tweaking option, place it in the level, run it in MOFI, it will look and act like the UFO? :shock:
ImageImage
cbloopy
Rainbow Master

Post by cbloopy » Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:52 pm

jdl wrote:So if we replace a Scritter model with the UFO model (and give it the same filename as the scritter was) and give it the UFO's texture using Cbloopy's texture tweaking option, place it in the level, run it in MOFI, it will look and act like the UFO? :shock:
No, it will still act like a scritter. Also unlike textures, you can't always freely interchange models--some object types will MAV the game if not used with the intended model.

Anyway, the UFO's already available--I did the reverse basically, replacing the UFO model with the scritter model and custom texture that to look like the UFO.

FYI, I do have a way that will one day let you make use of all the new MOFI objects. I just need to write a program, and I don't have a lot of free time right now. Please be patient.
mqdar
Rainbow Star

Post by mqdar » Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:16 pm

cbloopy wrote:FYI, I do have a way that will one day let you make use of all the new MOFI objects. I just need to write a program, and I don't have a lot of free time right now. Please be patient.
Oh Cbloopy, take your time. You've done more than enough for us all. We should be giving you a break. :P :D
Skype wrote:[7:23:42 AM] Darx: Click here to give me an internet!
[7:23:57 AM] 'a'a: *clicks here*