My Latest Project - WA:MOPI - Comming Soon!

Help Topics, Bug Reports, Feature Requests, etc.
cbloopy
Rainbow Master

Post by cbloopy » Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:44 am

jdl wrote:NOTES: This game will be using the Wonderland Adventures 1 demo, not the MOFI demo just for the fact that in MOFI, the Homing Missile is gone. :wink:
Um, have you tested that at all? I don't think levels created in the Editor are compatible with WA1 demo. I guess I can write yet another program to fix this, but how important is it to keep the homing missile?
jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by jdl » Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:17 am

It would ruin some Adventures without it. :wink:
ImageImage
TheCracksOverhead#9565 | Oops, uh oh.
jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by jdl » Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:10 pm

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! They aren't compatible!!! :cry: :incredible sigh:

How long will it take you to make the program?

BTW, how do I make the game load MOFI textures?
ImageImage
JohnEmmanuel143
Rainbow Seeker

!

Post by JohnEmmanuel143 » Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:28 pm

(Got An Idea!)

cbloopy, Can you edit the wg of any game to make it compatible to jdl's
WAMOPI.
!!!!!!WA:TMS Announcement!!!!!!!
The Link to the Current Page is HereAnd
Here!
Thank you For your Support ^_^
jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by jdl » Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:53 pm

Nope. Because I didn't buy WA from MS, and it doesn't have a wg file in the directory.

The only way that could be possible is if I use the WA demo from MS's site and replace the wg file with the Editors wg file. Hopefully the end of demo message is also in the wg file too! That way it will be gone! :D
ImageImage
JohnEmmanuel143
Rainbow Seeker

Post by JohnEmmanuel143 » Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:53 pm

Uhm,

Or you could just remove the unwanted Editor Stuffs and Play the game:D
!!!!!!WA:TMS Announcement!!!!!!!
The Link to the Current Page is HereAnd
Here!
Thank you For your Support ^_^
cbloopy
Rainbow Master

Post by cbloopy » Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:05 pm

jdl wrote:BTW, how do I make the game load MOFI textures?
I don't know if WA1 demo supports custom textures and such, but if it does, I would think it'd be the same process where you turn on localsave and put your custom level textures inside GameData\Custom Content\Textures.

If not...well it'll be trickier but I think there's a chance you can get it to load texture's in the Data\Textures folder. I can talk about it if we get to this point.
cbloopy
Rainbow Master

Post by cbloopy » Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:28 am

jdl wrote:NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! They aren't compatible!!! :cry: :incredible sigh:

How long will it take you to make the program?

BTW, how do I make the game load MOFI textures?
I've finished a beta version of a WA1 level conversion program. Find it in this post.

That post also has information about custom level textures etc. Here's a summary:

custom level textures: there's no separate folder for custom level textures. The game loads all level textures from the Data\Graphics folder. The demo comes with only 4 textures there, missing even basic stuff like WonderTown. You'll need to copy the files for a custom level texture into the Data\Graphics folder, and rename them to the funny encrypted .wdf filenames.

So if you're sticking with only level textures from WA1 and MOFI, the easiest thing to do would be to copy all the files (except xbufsufy 1.wdf) from MOFI's Data\LevelTextures folder into WA1 demo's Data\Graphics folder. That'll get you all the level textures from WA1 and MOFI. Make sure in your levels you use the right names though for the MOFI level textures.

custom icons: the jdpot-dvtupn.wdf file in Data\Graphics folder is WA1 demo's customitem icons. Just edit/replace that file to get your custom icons into the game. If you do this, it's possible that you might need to change your master.dat files to use the standard icons set instead of a custom one. Haven't tested this yet.

Custom object textures (eg. rainbow chompers and what-not): should work in WA1 demo the exact same way as in the Editor, although this hasn't been tested yet.

Let me know how it goes and if you need any help.
cbloopy
Rainbow Master

Post by cbloopy » Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:39 pm

One more thing: you'll need to go to this post and download the older version of wg.exe from WA1 demo, in order to be able to use level textures in Data\Graphics beyond the four that comes with the demo.
jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by jdl » Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:30 pm

I'm going to use the full version of WA1.

Cbloopy, will this work:

Say you have a level that uses the Wonderfalls texture. The filename is "leveltex wonderfalls". You have the level use that exact name. Do you have to:
1. Just copy the jpeg files in the graphics folder in WA1.
2. Copy and paste the actual Wonderfalls texture from MOFI (the wdf files) into the graphics folder and rename it "leveltex wonderfalls".
3. Neither.

I'm a little confused with how you explained it.
ImageImage
cbloopy
Rainbow Master

Post by cbloopy » Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:54 pm

jdl wrote:Say you have a level that uses the Wonderfalls texture. The filename is "leveltex wonderfalls". You have the level use that exact name. Do you have to:
1. Just copy the jpeg files in the graphics folder in WA1.
2. Copy and paste the actual Wonderfalls texture from MOFI (the wdf files) into the graphics folder and rename it "leveltex wonderfalls".
3. Neither.

I'm a little confused with how you explained it.
The main thing is you have to rename files into the funny encrypted .wdf names. In case you haven't realized, the .wdf files are just renamed .bmp .jpg .png files; the contents aren't changed.

Now, if you're simply using textures that comes with WA1 or MOFI, then you don't need to do the renaming yourself, because the Data\LevelTextures folder in MOFI already has all the texture files from WA1 and MOFI, already renamed to the funny .wdf filenames for you. For example, the .bmp files for the wonderfalls texture are in MOFI's Data\LevelTextures under these names:

cbdlhspvoeufy xpoefsgbmmt1.wdf ("backgroundtex wonderfalls1.bmp" renamed)
cbdlhspvoeufy xpoefsgbmmt2.wdf ("backgroundtex wonderfalls2.bmp" renamed)
mfwfmufy xpoefsgbmmt.wdf ("leveltex wonderfalls.bmp" renamed)

This is why simply copying the files from MOFI's Data\LevelTextures into WA1's Data\Graphics is enough, if you only need textures from WA1 and MOFI. The files are already renamed for you.

On the other hand, if you have other custom level textures or water textures that don't exist in WA1 or MOFI, you'll have to do the file renaming yourself. For example, if you intend to use "watertex lava.jpg", you'll need to copy it into WA1's Data\Graphics folder, then rename it to "xbufsufy mbwb.wdf".
jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by jdl » Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:58 pm

Ok, thanks! I'll try that! :D

At least I don't have to re-enter the texturename as the encrypted one in the actual level! 8)
ImageImage
maxnick
Rainbow Master

Post by maxnick » Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:39 pm

Any news Jacob??? :idea: :wink: :?
Uijt jt nz tjhobuvsf.
jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by jdl » Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:42 pm

Yes actually! I have finally gotten the WA1 game to finally read MOPI! All I have to do now, is get all the Advs. together and insert them, edit their Master.dat files, test the whole thing, and release it! 4 simple things! :D
Last edited by jdl on Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
maxnick
Rainbow Master

Post by maxnick » Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:58 am

When do you think it will be done??? :? :?: :?
Uijt jt nz tjhobuvsf.
jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by jdl » Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:11 am

In about 3-5 days to the least.
ImageImage
jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by jdl » Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:04 pm

DP, but here is my check-list so far:

Get all the Advs. together and insert them. Done!
Edit their Master.dat files. Half done...
Test the whole thing. X
Release it! X
ImageImage
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:24 am

Just wondering, how are things going so far?

I honestly can't wait until the next demo is out. :D
maxnick
Rainbow Master

Post by maxnick » Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:22 am

Ya, could you post another check list???
Uijt jt nz tjhobuvsf.
jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by jdl » Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:31 pm

Just about done! I FINALLY got all the monster textures working! (Thanks to Cbloopy! :wink: ) Just gotta edit the Master.dat files and I'm ready to go!
ImageImage
Sammy_P
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Sammy_P » Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:59 pm

Im quitting the WA:MOPI team if the next demo is not done this week.
maxnick
Rainbow Master

Post by maxnick » Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:13 pm

Sammy_P wrote:Im quitting the WA:MOPI team if the next demo is not done this week.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
Uijt jt nz tjhobuvsf.
Sammy_P
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Sammy_P » Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:15 pm

Oh, nevermind. Demos coming out soon so im not quitting WA:MOPI team.
jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by jdl » Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:56 am

Ok, my new check list:

1. Convert all Hub levels. Done! :D

2. Convert all Adventures levels. Done! :D

3. Edit the Adventures Master.dat files. 5 left. :|

4. Make sure all Hub and Adventure textures are working. X :(

5. Test EVERYTHING. X :(

6. Release it. X :(

So, I'm almost done as you can see. :wink:
ImageImage
jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by jdl » Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:01 am

I have a new check list that some of you will like to read. :wink:

1. Convert all Hub levels. Done!

2. Convert all Adventures levels. Done!

3. Edit the Adventures Master.dat files. Done!

4. Make sure all Hub and Adventure textures are working. Done!

5. Test EVERYTHING. Done!

6. Release it. X

I can't do number 6 because the Zip takes too long to upload to MediaFire. I don't want to have to make seprate Zips, so what should I do? :cry: The Zip is 30.1 MB.
ImageImage
mqdar
Rainbow Star

Post by mqdar » Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:11 am

jdl wrote:I can't do number 6 because the Zip takes too long to upload to MediaFire. I don't want to have to make seprate Zips, so what should I do? :cry: The Zip is 30.1 MB.
Well, you could zip the zip up even more by making a rar of the zip file. :lol:
The best way to do it would be to split the download up into smaller downloads, so even if you don't want to do it, I think you'll have to. Sometimes we have to do things in life we don't want to do. :wink:
Skype wrote:[7:23:42 AM] Darx: Click here to give me an internet!
[7:23:57 AM] 'a'a: *clicks here*
jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by jdl » Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:19 am

mqdar wrote:Sometimes we have to do things in life we don't want to do. :wink:
*CoughOMGMYMATHHOMEWORKCough*
Well, ok. I'll get on that tomorrow. Too tired to do it tonight! :wink:
ImageImage
cbloopy
Rainbow Master

Post by cbloopy » Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:52 am

jdl wrote:I can't do number 6 because the Zip takes too long to upload to MediaFire. I don't want to have to make seprate Zips, so what should I do? :cry: The Zip is 30.1 MB.
Is this a size limit from MediaFire, or just that you don't have a fast enough Internet connection? Does MediaFire actually refuse to upload or just that maybe it'll take an entire day or something?

I'm asking because when JohnEmmanuel released his WA:ATAL demo, it looks like he also used MediaFire and his installer was 23.13 MB. So a little smaller than what you have but still pretty large.

Maybe packaging it into an installer (like JohnEmmanuel did) can help reduce the size enough (if size is the issue)? If so you can try talking to JohnEmmanuel for help on that. You could also try 7-zip (google for it). The program can create normal zip files but you can set it to do so at better compression ratios than Windows, making the resulting zip file smaller.

JohnEmmanuel also used Megaupload as well I think. I have no idea what kinds of limitations that site has.

[edit: okay, when Qloof234 released the first WA:CP demo, he used MediaFire too and the download was 93.68MB!!! So I guess size isn't the issue. jdl, how long are we talking about to upload your stuff on your computer?]
jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by jdl » Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:05 am

It's just how long it takes that is bothering me. I don't know how to put it in a installer. When I upload it, it uses up the WHOLE internet so I can't do anything else...
ImageImage
cbloopy
Rainbow Master

Post by cbloopy » Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:25 am

jdl wrote:It's just how long it takes that is bothering me. I don't know how to put it in a installer. When I upload it, it uses up the WHOLE internet so I can't do anything else...
Well the installer won't help much in your case. Actually, splitting up the files won't really help since the total amount of time will end up being the same.

I don't upload large files myself much, and I'm not too familiar with the technical workings of internet connections, but I'm rather surprised that an upload can affect your surfing the Internet in the way you're describing, since surfing is mostly a form of downloading (data flows from the world to your computer) and not uploading. Did you have the same problem downloading WA Editor v096 which is around the same size? While your ISV might have different limits on upload/download speeds, I would think that the same "slow to a crawl" problem would happen too when you downloaded the Editor, even if it lasts shorter (if your download speed is a lot faster).

Do you know how fast you connection is? What kind of connection is it anyway? (cable modem? DSL? or god forbids, the old telephone modem?)

How strict are your parents with your computer usage? Is it an option to do the upload overnight when no one's using it?

One final option is to take out Data\Models, Data\Sounds and Data\Music from your zip file, instead asking people to copy those folders from WA Editor v096. It seems that even when zipped, the total space taken by those 3 folders are already 25.5 MB--a huge portion of your 30+MB, so removing them would help a lot, even if it makes it slightly less convenient for people to set up your stuff for play.