Wonderland Adventures: CP *DEMO 1 RELEASED!*

Help Topics, Bug Reports, Feature Requests, etc.
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Wonderland Adventures: CP *DEMO 1 RELEASED!*

Post by Qloof234 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:37 pm

~~~Wonderland Adventures: Community Project~~~

Me and Dlcs on Skype wrote:[4:19:09 PM] Qtheman says: I'm still thinking on if it would be a good idea to use the Hub system to make a project in the WA Editor
[4:19:38 PM] Qtheman says: Cuz it would be awesome
[4:19:58 PM] Qtheman says: but obviously I can't throw together that amount of adventures for it =\
[4:21:12 PM] Dlcs18 says: You don't need to throw them together.
[4:21:18 PM] Dlcs18 says: You just need to make them
[4:21:22 PM] Qtheman says: Well you know what I mean XD
[4:21:26 PM] Dlcs18 says: XD
[4:21:48 PM] Qtheman says: Hmmm
[4:21:56 PM] Dlcs18 says: Eh I think it's too buggy, that hub system
[4:22:03 PM] Qtheman says: I suppose that it would be more useful as a collaboration
[4:22:44 PM] Dlcs18 says: You know that would be interesting if all of the main-adventure makers made a collaboration together actually
[4:22:58 PM] Dlcs18 says: we'd have the thing completly varied by different brains
[4:23:10 PM] Qtheman says: We should go post something like that O_o
[4:23:26 PM] Dlcs18 says: Maybe we should
Okay, as most of us know (go check this thread if you don't) it's possible to get a Hub system working in the WA Editor, up to the point of giving your amount of stars.

As we know though, it's somewhat buggy:
cbloopy wrote:Oh, I have no problem getting the adventure stars in the editor, the real problem is that it isn't quite enough. Here's what I know so far about hubs in the editor:

- If you put an adventure star and step onto it, the editor will still look for the adventure in c:\WA Editor v096\Data\Adventures\Adventure<N>, just like the actual game. Instead of the folder where your custom adventure is stored. So if there're two separate adventures with hubs that someone wants to play, they'll need to do the copying themselves whenever they switch from playing one to the other.

- It looks like the information on where you end up on the hub (level file number, x, y) after completing an adventure or aborting, that's actually stored in the master.dat file of the adventure. As are presumably the actions triggered in the hub for winning the adventure. Needless to say, the editor right now doesn't have any means for you to edit those information in a master.dat file.

- In the real games, whenever you create a new player profile, the game will copy all the levels and dialog files from <game main folder>\Data\Adventures\Hub into a "Hub" folder somewhere inside the player profile folder. This is not done automatically in the editor however, but the game will still look for the Hub folder in the player profile folder for level files for the hub. So you'd need whoever's playing to do the copying themselves.

- The custom adventure player will probably not be able to show your progress (whether you won or got "Gold") in the adventure selection screen, since your progress is no longer confined to a single adventure when you start having hubs.

So while it's not impossible, it would be very difficult right now to work with hubs for both the adventure designer and the player, because both the editor and the player is missing some pieces to properly support hubs for custom adventures. It would probably be best to wait for Patrick on this.
However, in theory, if more than one adventure makers work together on Adventures and Hubs, then it should make things easier to pull together.

Personally, I think a complete Editor overhaul would be in order as opposed to just a Hub/Adventure system.

If anyone else is interested, post here along with what you want to do on the project.
Hub Area wrote: -Qloof234
-Dlcs18
-jdl
Adventures wrote: -Qloof234
-Dlcs18
-JohnEmmanuel143
-jdl
-sewel5
-AJQZC
Art Direction wrote: -Qloof234
Testers wrote: -Qloof234
-cbloopy
-Sammy P
These lists will be updated by me.

Just one thing I wanna point out: It wasn't from my own mind that I got this idea. Dlcs and I ended up talking about it on Skype and I thought it would be a good idea as a communtiy project.

In that case, I'm not saying that I want to be the project organizer, seeing as I didn't come up with the concept by myself.

Once Dlcs gets back on Skype I'm going to ask him if he wants to help on this.

Of course, we also need a name for this project. If anyone can come up with a name, please post it here.

Let's see how this turns out... :P
Last edited by Qloof234 on Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:47 am, edited 8 times in total.
jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by jdl » Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:07 am

Sounds fun! I might join it! :D

Name... How about...

WA:WCP!!!

Wonderland Adventures: Wonderland Community Project. Or maybe just WA:CP since you would already say "Wonderland" once. I dunno, you can decide what you want. :lol:

Are you looking for some kinda Storyline for this, because I just thought of a good one!

You get transported into the Forum, (you can get the forum image by using Cbloopy's rectangle.) and you step on the persons username on the forum index and get transported into their Adventure. The Adventure would be all about that person, describing about him/her. What kind of person he/she is.

Of course, this is just my idea. Like I said, you can decide what you do. :D
ImageImage
TheCracksOverhead#9565 | Oops, uh oh.
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:17 am

Sounds good... The title should be WA:CP, in my opinion.

As for the story, I think that might be a good idea for a test of the concept, but for the actual adventure (read: project) I think we might want something else for it. It's a good idea, but it just doesn't seem to fit...

I'll talk to some of my friends tomorrow (they both like Wonderland games as well), see if they have anything...

*gets idea*

Here's an idea: Before you start the... Game, I suppose. Before you start the game, perhaps we could have a telport button where you can see some adventures saying a bit about the designers. Each one could deactivate a gate, and once they're all down you can walk onto another teleport that starts the actual game itself.

Would that work?

Pictures of the Hub coming once I get something done :lol:
cbloopy
Rainbow Master

Post by cbloopy » Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:18 am

jdl wrote:You get transported into the Forum, (you can get the forum image by using Cbloopy's rectangle.) and you step on the persons username on the forum index and get transported into their Adventure. The Adventure would be all about that person, describing about him/her. What kind of person he/she is.
Oh wow, now that's a really creative idea! :wink: 8)

I think I'd still prefer a more traditional, Wonderland-oriented storyline, but it would be fun anyway to see your forum idea come to fruit someday, maybe as another project.
cbloopy
Rainbow Master

Post by cbloopy » Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:20 am

Qloof234 wrote:Here's an idea: Before you start the... Game, I suppose. Before you start the game, perhaps we could have a telport button where you can see some adventures saying a bit about the designers. Each one could deactivate a gate, and once they're all down you can walk onto another teleport that starts the actual game itself.
This reminds me of the (spoilers?) secret area in MOFI, except in your case it would not be a secret and would come before the actual game, rather than near the end of it.
jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by jdl » Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:21 am

cbloopy wrote:
jdl wrote:You get transported into the Forum, (you can get the forum image by using Cbloopy's rectangle.) and you step on the persons username on the forum index and get transported into their Adventure. The Adventure would be all about that person, describing about him/her. What kind of person he/she is.
Oh wow, now that's a really creative idea! :wink: 8)

I think I'd still prefer a more traditional, Wonderland-oriented storyline, but it would be fun anyway to see your forum idea come to fruit someday, maybe as another project.
Thanks! :D

Maybe I'll do that after I finish off WA:MOPI. :wink:
ImageImage
cbloopy
Rainbow Master

Re: WA Editor Collaboration Project?

Post by cbloopy » Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:22 am

Qloof234 wrote:
Testers wrote: -Qloof234
Well I'm always game for testing...any excuse to play more custom adventures! :lol: :wink:
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:40 am

cbloopy wrote:
Qloof234 wrote:Here's an idea: Before you start the... Game, I suppose. Before you start the game, perhaps we could have a teleport button where you can see some adventures saying a bit about the designers. Each one could deactivate a gate, and once they're all down you can walk onto another teleport that starts the actual game itself.
This reminds me of the (spoilers?) secret area in MOFI, except in your case it would not be a secret and would come before the actual game, rather than near the end of it.
My response wrote:That's what I was thinking of when I suggested that. However, it really depends on how Patrick would like us putting a MoFI-area-clone right at the beginning... :?
Added you to testers list.

@jdl; What cbloopy said is what I had thought - That's one of the more creative ideas out of the ones I've seen on here, and it would be cool to see, but I think a Wonderland-esque approach to this would be better, seeing as this is the first real project using the Adventure Stars.
jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by jdl » Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:55 am

Yeah, I'd rather keep it original.

You don't see people making levels related to stuff like Mario 1-1 or Kaizo World.

Hmm... :twisted: :lol:
ImageImage
Sammy_P
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Sammy_P » Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:12 am

I will join, until jdl gets a level for me to test for MOPI!
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:15 am

Okay... Testing, right?

@ jdl; Or, y'know... Phoenix Wright... :lol:

Just kidding. That popped up while Dlcs and I were chatting.

Then again, we already have everything we need to put together a Phoenix Wright-esque adventure... :shock:
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:19 am

Double-post, but update:

This is what the "Profile Room" looks like right now.

Each of the white circles are places where Adventures can be put - so, 10 rooms.

Of course, two are already taken up for certain - Me and Dlcs18, and then possible jdl - so there are 8 spaces left open.

One idea I had is that if there are any rooms left over, we could put in some leftover adventures that weren't used in the actual game, using keys to get them open.

I might put in some other things to make the room a bit more "lively", but at the moment this is what it's like.

Comments? Criticism? :D
JohnEmmanuel143
Rainbow Seeker

!!!

Post by JohnEmmanuel143 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:51 am

I think The community Project WILL improve WAEDITOR!!!!!
I would like to comment:

MY COMMENT:
Dear Readers,

I would like to inform,that from making adventures,to making huge adventures
and to Hexing,Qloof,jdl,and Dcls did a good job!Hey!Don't forget cbloopy too!He made these things possible!
With all your help,I am sure that The Community Project will grow into a sucessful project!
I wish you all good lucks in doing it!;)

You're Playmate in DBFI,
John Emmanuel;)

Edit:Well,Here is a level,It was supposed to be in Jacob's WA:MOPI!
But it did not went so well,:(

TATA!G2g Make some Good huge adventure!;)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
!!!!!!WA:TMS Announcement!!!!!!!
The Link to the Current Page is HereAnd
Here!
Thank you For your Support ^_^
jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by jdl » Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:55 pm

Good level John! :D I really hate cages now. :lol:

------------------------------

Yes, I think I will try to make a level for this. :mrgreen:

Comments:

Looks great so far! I can't wait for it to come out!

Suggestions:

The "Profile Room" texture looks like the default texture. It looks good if your trying to make it a mystery-type room or a room that looks unfinished and secretive. :wink:
ImageImage
JohnEmmanuel143
Rainbow Seeker

Post by JohnEmmanuel143 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:05 pm

Let me guess,you fell for the Cage Trap???? :lol:
Here!
jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

Re: ,

Post by jdl » Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:15 pm

JohnEmmanuel143 wrote:Let me guess,you fell for the Cage Trap???? :lol:
Yep! :lol:
ImageImage
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:24 pm

@ John & jdl; So do you guys wanna be on the designing team then? There's still plenty of openings :lol:

@ jdl; Yeah, that's just the default texture. I'm not sure what kind of texture to use for that specific area :?

@ John again; Good level! The cage part is insane though :shock: :lol:
JohnEmmanuel143
Rainbow Seeker

well,

Post by JohnEmmanuel143 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:40 pm

@Qloof & Jacob:Thanks!

@Qloof:Yes!I wanna be!

@Jdl:Well,you know the secret!;)
Here!
bround
Rainbow Master

Post by bround » Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:42 pm

John. your level is a greater! this is not hard :shock:
Avid TTR player and TTS developer, a new revolutionary server in works.
jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by jdl » Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:45 pm

@ Qloof - Yeah, I can design some of the Hub and a few Adventures here and there, seeing as I have LOTS of time on my hands. :lol:
ImageImage
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:49 pm

Okay. John and jdl, do you guys think you could put together your profile adventures and either send them to me or post them here?

Only things I ask are that the level is relatively easy and that no magic powers are used.

Thanks! :D
jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by jdl » Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:52 pm

I'll start making it now. :D Dialog is allowed right?
ImageImage
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:52 pm

Yeah. Mine uses dialog for the profile stuff.
JohnEmmanuel143
Rainbow Seeker

Okay!

Post by JohnEmmanuel143 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:11 pm

I will start my new adventure clean and clear!
Here!
JohnEmmanuel143
Rainbow Seeker

Okay,

Post by JohnEmmanuel143 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:00 pm

My mini adventure is on page 2!!!
Last edited by JohnEmmanuel143 on Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Here!
jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by jdl » Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:15 pm

My Adventure is almost ready! It shows the inside of my house, (and boy, I really do bad at making it. :oops: ) and tells about me.

I just need to finish the house first. :D
ImageImage
JohnEmmanuel143
Rainbow Seeker

Hello?

Post by JohnEmmanuel143 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:29 pm

Am I left here in the forum????:(
Here!
jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by jdl » Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:34 pm

Here is the level. :mrgreen:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ImageImage
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Re: Hello?

Post by Qloof234 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:18 pm

JohnEmmanuel143 wrote:Am I left here in the forum????:(
Huh? You're on the design team... :?

EDIT: @jdl: Thanks to USB Drives, I'm gonnna take a look at it now. Working on it at school FTW! :lol:
jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

Re: Hello?

Post by jdl » Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:23 pm

Qloof234 wrote:EDIT: @jdl: Thanks to USB Drives, I'm gonnna take a look at it now. Working on it at school FTW! :lol:
LOL! :lol:

Are you like, in the Computer Lab or something? Isn't there teachers in there? :lol:
ImageImage