WA - Editor Tools - Source Code Available!

Help Topics, Bug Reports, Feature Requests, etc.
md
Rainbow Master

Post by md » Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:13 am

Great to have you back jafo! :D
It's good to see that you can be updating this more now.

So, does this mean you are going to make this open source?
If you bothered to copy and paste this signature, or zoom in, to make it possible to read, then I wasted 5-10 seconds of your life.
jafo1015
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by jafo1015 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:12 pm

I don't really have time to update/maintain this program anymore, and, since I do a lot of coding and testing of code for work, the last thing I want to do at home is even more coding.

So here is the source code for Editor Tools. It's written in Visual Basic Express 2010. I'm giving it up in "As is" condition, so don't expect any help from me explaining how it works or what such-and-such bit of code is supposed to do. I'm not trying to be mean, again, I just don't have the time to give support. That, and I don't really remember it that well myself :oops:

WA - Editor Tools Source Code

And remember what I said in my previous post. This was written after a loooong break from coding, and my first time using Visual Basic, so it's not very tidy and may be hard to follow.

With that said, good luck to anyone who wants to take this on!
needs a 12 step program for overcoming addiction to Minecraft.

WA - Editor Tools v1.2.2
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:58 pm

For the record, I don't think I've run into any problems when using these tools, other than one issue that's fairly easy to work around:

The Win/Lose Co-ordinates seem to be reversed. With the settings like this, if I lose or abort the adventure, I appear on the Hub at 21,20 instead of 15,19. The opposite holds true as well - If I win, I end up at 15,19.

It's not like this is actually a major problem. It's a simple enough fix (I did it, and I don't even know Basic), and even then, it's not that hard to remember that it's the other way around.

Having said that, two questions - First off, what does the Editor Tools program need bundled with it to run/what did it have bundled with it originally? Second off, do you mind if I release a version that fixes this error?

I mean, I know it's open-source now, but figured I'd ask anyways. :P
Pawelec
Rainbow Master

Post by Pawelec » Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:38 am

Qloof234 wrote:For the record, I don't think I've run into any problems when using these tools, other than one issue that's fairly easy to work around:

The Win/Lose Co-ordinates seem to be reversed. With the settings like this, if I lose or abort the adventure, I appear on the Hub at 21,20 instead of 15,19. The opposite holds true as well - If I win, I end up at 15,19.

It's not like this is actually a major problem. It's a simple enough fix (I did it, and I don't even know Basic), and even then, it's not that hard to remember that it's the other way around.

Having said that, two questions - First off, what does the Editor Tools program need bundled with it to run/what did it have bundled with it originally? Second off, do you mind if I release a version that fixes this error?

Are sure you fixed that in a way that doesn't mess up things on other computers? Because for me it always worked fine.
"Let us return to the past; it will be progress."
by Giuseppe Verdi
Pawelec
Rainbow Master

Post by Pawelec » Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:45 am

Qloof234 wrote:For the record, I don't think I've run into any problems when using these tools, other than one issue that's fairly easy to work around:

Are sure you fixed that in a way that doesn't mess up things on other computers? Because for me it always worked fine.
"Let us return to the past; it will be progress."
by Giuseppe Verdi
jafo1015
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by jafo1015 » Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:58 pm

You have my blessing to use as much or as little of my source code as you want to make your own release. I believe I had fixed that win/lose problem in an update, so the source code may already have that fixed.

The attached photo shows everything I included in the release. Since I just used Visual Basic Express, I couldn't make it a stand-alone executable, so anyone wanting to run the program will need the .NET framework 4.0 installed on their computer. Hence why I included the installer. The Default Settings.txt, Converter Data.txt, and Music Library.txt contain data necessary for the program to run, so those should be included in the program's directory. The .pdf file is linked to by the program, so that should also be included. The readme.txt file just has installation and release notes in it and is not necessary to run the program.

Good Luck!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

WA - Editor Tools v1.2.2
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:29 pm

Pawelec wrote:Are sure you fixed that in a way that doesn't mess up things on other computers? Because for me it always worked fine.
jafo1015 wrote:You have my blessing to use as much or as little of my source code as you want to make your own release. I believe I had fixed that win/lose problem in an update, so the source code may already have that fixed.
Hmm... I'm not sure, then. I'm pretty sure I was using the current (well, most recent) version of the program and having that problem... The most recent version was 1.2.2, right?

Alternatively I've just lost my mind, again. :P :lol:

EDIT: Okay, yeah, I have no idea what's going on, but using v1.2.2, the Win/Lose Co-ords are definitely reversed on my end. I have the level for Lose set to 8 and Win for 9, when I abort I end up on 9 instead of 8 (and vice-versa, once again).
md
Rainbow Master

Post by md » Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:27 pm

It doesn't do that bug to me, and I have the latest version. :?

I've worked with Visual Basic in the past, but I tend to prefer C#.
If you bothered to copy and paste this signature, or zoom in, to make it possible to read, then I wasted 5-10 seconds of your life.
StinkerSquad01
Rainbow AllStar

Post by StinkerSquad01 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:08 am

The .exe file crashes instantly when I run it. Help?
EDIT: just kidding i solved THE MYSTERY
Super Stinker
Gold Wonderlander

Re: WA - Editor Tools - Source Code Available!

Post by Super Stinker » Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:27 am

jafo1015 wrote:Hey all,

This is the first part of of what will likely be an ongoing project. The WA Editor Tools 1.0 will convert all of cbloopy's WOPs as well as the Tentacle, UFO, Zbot, Scouge, and MagicMirror. Right now it will only do one file at a time, but soon will have multi-level support, as well as other tools to make hub creation easier.

Below is a link to download the zip file containing the program, updated WOP's and an installer for the .NET Framework 4.0 (necessary to run the program). If you've already downloaded the Tentacle, Zbot, Scouge, UFO, and Magic Mirror WOP' s from one of my previous posts, please replace them with the new versions contained in the zip file. The new versions have also added the TextureName modifier as well as a few other adjustments. Follow the directions in the readme.txt file to begin using the program.

UPDATED 2/19/11:

Version 1.2 is ready! This version has the following features:

1. A level converter to make use of Mysteries of Fire Islands (MOFI) objects or custom models not supported in the WA Editor. It can also reverse convert MOFI objects back to WA Editor format
2. An adventure converter, which converts multiple levels at once
3. A master.dat file editor to enter win and lose coordinates for hub adventures, and select MOFI win adventure conditions
4. A custom music selector with an expandable library
5. A hub maker, which automates converting individual adventures into hub format
6. Custom objects to automate selecting custom music and MOFI win conditions

To install, click the download link below and:

• Unzip contents of the folder and place the “WA Editor Tools” folder where you like. "C:\WA Editor v0.96" is recommended.
• The “WA Editor Tools.exe”, “Converter Data.txt” and “Default Settings.txt” files should all be in the same folder.
• Install .NET Framework 4.0 on your computer if not already installed. The Web-based .NET installer is included in the zip folder.
• Place the new WOP(Conversion) files into the "\Object Presets\MOFI(Conversion)" folder, or some other folder within the "\Object Presets" directory
• Place the WOP(glyphs) files into the desired "\Object Presets" directory
• Place the “WA-ET Objects” WOPs into the “\Object Presets\” directory
• Editor Tools is now ready to run.

This version also fixes a number formatting bug when using a computer set to non-English languages, and a bug using flipbridges. If you've already downloaded previous versions of this program, replace ALL the files associated with the program, not just the .exe, since the format of the .txt files have changed. Read the pdf instruction file before using, so you understand how the new features work.

EDIT 2/20/11: Fixed a bug in processing the FlipBridge. Fixed an incompatibility issue with Windows XP users. Follow the link below for the updated file.

EDIT 9/7/2013: I'm discontinuing support for this program due to not enough hours in the day and my busy life. But the source code is available for download on page 5 of this thread. Enjoy!

how do i download if the link isn't showned even i'm logged in?
jafo1015
Rainbow Wonderlander

Re: WA - Editor Tools - Source Code Available!

Post by jafo1015 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:07 pm

Super Stinker wrote:
jafo1015 wrote:Hey all,

EDIT 9/7/2013: I'm discontinuing support for this program due to not enough hours in the day and my busy life. But the source code is available for download on page 5 of this thread. Enjoy!

how do i download if the link isn't showned even i'm logged in?
The link is on PAGE 5, the second post. It's still active. This is the source code though, not just the executable file.

WA - Editor Tools v1.2.2
Caton
Rainbow Master

Post by Caton » Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:56 am

Broken Link
Please fix the link. :(
garirry
Rainbow Star

Post by garirry » Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:09 am

Caton wrote:Broken Link
Please fix the link. :(

Why do you even need it? There's now the new editor which fully supports hubs.
Caton
Rainbow Master

Post by Caton » Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:10 am

I's easier to change the level music with the WA Editor tools.
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Musical Endeavor

Post by Jutomi » Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:24 am

I myself have been looking to change music, too;
I'd not mind knowing how to do that, if this doesn't work anymore. :P

It'd be very helpful for my next April Fools Day adventure. :lol:
Your only little stinker that's absolutely NOT a z-bot by this name,
Jutomi~ :mrgreen:

Also, if you want to see my level list, here it is! :D
(Also: List of Hubs, WA Manual)
Oh, and my YT wonderland channel. Forgot about that.
Caton
Rainbow Master

Post by Caton » Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:25 am

well the WA Editor Tools did change the music but now I can't get it. because the link is broken.
and Its Open Source.
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:37 am

This topic was last posted in in January. It's safe to say it's long since dead.
Caton
Rainbow Master

Post by Caton » Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:38 am

will it be fixed?
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:39 am

Uh, what? I can't say, I'm not the one who made the Editor Tools program, I don't have a copy of it, and I'm pretty sure jafo's long since left.
jafo1015
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by jafo1015 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:31 pm

I may not be active on the forum anymore, but I do get notifications on this topic. I'd be more than happy to refresh the link for you, but you might have to give me a day or two to find the file bundle.

WA - Editor Tools v1.2.2
Caton
Rainbow Master

Post by Caton » Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:08 pm

okay.
tyteen4a03
Rainbow AllStar

Post by tyteen4a03 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:26 pm

jafo1015 wrote:I may not be active on the forum anymore, but I do get notifications on this topic. I'd be more than happy to refresh the link for you, but you might have to give me a day or two to find the file bundle.
I recommend uploading the source code to GitHub. That way, people can contribute easily.
and the duck went moo

Beep bloop
Caton
Rainbow Master

Post by Caton » Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:33 am

tyteen4a03 wrote: I recommend uploading the source code to GitHub. That way, people can contribute easily.
does program even exist anymore? and what is the different between Github and the site he uploaded the program on?
jafo1015
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by jafo1015 » Sat Dec 06, 2014 1:45 pm

Here's the link to download the Source Code

https://www.sendspace.com/file/bpv2kx

I won't do a GitHub for this since I don't think there's that much need for this program anymore, but anyone else is more than welcome to open up a GitHub account for this if they feel like it.

Enjoy!

WA - Editor Tools v1.2.2
Caton
Rainbow Master

Post by Caton » Sat Dec 06, 2014 2:36 pm

Thanks jafo :)
Caton
Rainbow Master

Post by Caton » Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:28 pm

sorry for posting on a old but...
Sorry, the file you requested is not available.
I lost it and I need it again.
garirry
Rainbow Star

Post by garirry » Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:09 pm

Why do you need it when there's the hub functions available in the new editor?
Master Wonder Mage
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Master Wonder Mage » Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:25 pm

garirry wrote:Why do you need it when there's the hub functions available in the new editor?
It is still the easiest way of changing custom music.
garirry
Rainbow Star

Post by garirry » Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:21 pm

Master Wonder Mage wrote:
garirry wrote:Why do you need it when there's the hub functions available in the new editor?
It is still the easiest way of changing custom music.
Oh, now I suddenly want it! :lol:
jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by jdl » Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:26 pm

If Jafo wants, I can host the tools on my site so that if anyone wants it they can download it without worrying about dead links. :)