Wizards' Council

Help Topics, Bug Reports, Feature Requests, etc.
Nobody
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Nobody » Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:33 am

tyteen4a03 wrote:
DEEMAN223344 wrote:Please don't force the player to use cheat engines because that is worthless and a waste of time.
It will decrease the want of player to play your game if you require Cheat Engine. It is considered as a virus (though actually false-positive) in different AVs, and CE is advanced stuff that computer beginners probably won't know how to use them, even with a detailed tutorial.

What? Where did either of you get the idea that this game will require Cheat Engine? *double checks posts in topic* *still confused*
i should change my signature to be rude to people who hate pictures of valves
StinkerSquad01
Rainbow AllStar

Post by StinkerSquad01 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:35 am

Anywayz, howd ya get the xyzzy to work? :)
*waits for another rumble from blizzard*
jozsefkoma
Rainbow Star

Post by jozsefkoma » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:50 am

StinkerSquad01 wrote:Anywayz, howd ya get the xyzzy to work? :)
*waits for another rumble from blizzard*
I will tell you after making this WA :wink:
But if you want I will show you the effect in a video on you tube.
StinkerSquad01
Rainbow AllStar

Post by StinkerSquad01 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:38 pm

Yes please! *looks outside* !!!
Total snowstorm!The fire hydrant is half under snow! More than! Snow daaaaaaay! :o :D
DEEMAN223344
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by DEEMAN223344 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:49 pm

Yes, well It is possible to have a mechanism,
But custom Models only work 1% of the time, and I don't want to bother reopening the player 9001 times just to get an item. :lol: :shock: :x :evil:
jozsefkoma
Rainbow Star

Post by jozsefkoma » Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:10 pm

When I made the bridge easy fix I opened the player just 2 times before work fine. :wink:
We can do almost 150 hacks on editor and player.
Thanks to Patrick! He made a game with very much possibilities.
maxnick
Rainbow Master

Post by maxnick » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:05 pm

StinkerSquad01 wrote:Yes please! *looks outside* !!!
Total snowstorm!The fire hydrant is half under snow! More than! Snow daaaaaaay! :o :D
Yeah, I heard this is gonna be one of the biggest storms in history,it missed my area though... :(
Uijt jt nz tjhobuvsf.
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:35 pm

maxnick wrote:
DEEMAN223344 wrote:Uh, No.
That's impossible and Custom Models don't work very well.
Please don't force the player to use cheat engines because that is worthless and a waste of time.
Ok, I don't think he's expecting players to use cheat engines. He's just good at hacking.

You really need to stop saying that things are impossible, a few years ago, you probably would have thought that a lot of the things cbloopy did were impossible, but they aren't impossible.

How would you like it if you found out how to do a cool new thing on the editor and somebody said that it was worthless and impossible. Because thats what you keep saying to jozsefkoma.

Basically I think it would be good for you to be more open to new ideas and stop instantly debunking ideas without substantial proof. And even if you do have proof, try to be a little nicer than "Uh, no." Try to say something more like "Hmmm, how did you do that? That seems impossible to me..."

Sorry if I seem harsh, this really doesn't have anything to do with me, but I'm sure jozsefkoma worked hard on this project and for you to say that it's impossible might offend him.
The thing is, custom models don't work without significant modifications to the code. I don't know if Deeman has, or if jozsefkoma got it working, but I've tried multiple solutions myself, and while you can indeed use a different model on an object in-game (e.g. the item with the bridge model like here), importing custom models causes the player to MAV.

Making an item load a different model from the game itself works easily enough. Trying to load a model that's not from the game is not supported. I stand by this claim having tried it before many times myself, and until someone can prove otherwise, I will stand by it.

That said, so far, all of the stuff that's been done is very nice! The bridge easy-fix is quite ingenious, I don't think anyone's thought of that before. Very cool. 8)
DEEMAN223344
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by DEEMAN223344 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:35 pm

jozsefkoma wrote:When I made the bridge easy fix I opened the player just 2 times before work fine. :wink:
We can do almost 150 hacks on editor and player.
Thanks to Patrick! He made a game with very much possibilities.
The bridge Easy Fix is obviously a mechanism.
AND you were using a model that the game already uses. :lol: :oops: :P
DEEMAN223344
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by DEEMAN223344 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:39 pm

Qloof234 wrote:
maxnick wrote:
DEEMAN223344 wrote:Uh, No.
That's impossible and Custom Models don't work very well.
Please don't force the player to use cheat engines because that is worthless and a waste of time.
Ok, I don't think he's expecting players to use cheat engines. He's just good at hacking.

You really need to stop saying that things are impossible, a few years ago, you probably would have thought that a lot of the things cbloopy did were impossible, but they aren't impossible.

How would you like it if you found out how to do a cool new thing on the editor and somebody said that it was worthless and impossible. Because thats what you keep saying to jozsefkoma.

Basically I think it would be good for you to be more open to new ideas and stop instantly debunking ideas without substantial proof. And even if you do have proof, try to be a little nicer than "Uh, no." Try to say something more like "Hmmm, how did you do that? That seems impossible to me..."

Sorry if I seem harsh, this really doesn't have anything to do with me, but I'm sure jozsefkoma worked hard on this project and for you to say that it's impossible might offend him.
The thing is, custom models don't work without significant modifications to the code. I don't know if Deeman has, or if jozsefkoma got it working, but I've tried multiple solutions myself, and while you can indeed use a different model on an object in-game (e.g. the item with the bridge model like here), importing custom models causes the player to MAV.

Making an item load a different model from the game itself works easily enough. Trying to load a model that's not from the game is not supported. I stand by this claim having tried it before many times myself, and until someone can prove otherwise, I will stand by it.

That said, so far, all of the stuff that's been done is very nice! The bridge easy-fix is quite ingenious, I don't think anyone's thought of that before. Very cool. 8)
I took a RTW custom model, and named it something, edited a .wlv, gave the model a texture, and it WORKED.
Too bad I didn't get a picture, because it only happened once.
Methinks it was an error that it worked at all?
tyteen4a03
Rainbow AllStar

Post by tyteen4a03 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:47 pm

Nobody wrote:What? Where did either of you get the idea that this game will require Cheat Engine? *double checks posts in topic* *still confused*
I am just replying to deeman, I have no idea what happened :roll:
and the duck went moo

Beep bloop
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:50 pm

DEEMAN223344 wrote: I took a RTW custom model, and named it something, edited a .wlv, gave the model a texture, and it WORKED.
Too bad I didn't get a picture, because it only happened once.
Methinks it was an error that it worked at all?
Wait, you modified the .wlv after compiling it? That might be the difference here, because I was trying to modify the .wop file itself to do so.

I would go try this myself, but I don't have the Editor on this laptop and don't feel motivated to go install it at the moment.

Did it work consistently, or was it unstable?
DEEMAN223344
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by DEEMAN223344 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:58 pm

It was Unstable - It in fact only worked once.
DEEMAN223344
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by DEEMAN223344 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:07 pm

Okay - I know what's wrong, but it's odd.
It turns out that for some reason, the game is automaticly moving - or deleting the model upon loading, so when you restart, it can't find the model.
Don't know why.
Also, when I was making a creepypastsa for WA, I found that the game has !Player.
I tried editing this into the level, and the object completely disappeared. Creepy.
Also cutsom model:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
~xpr'd~
Rainbow Star

Post by ~xpr'd~ » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:43 pm

*insert explosions here*
she/her | Sayori#2285
DEEMAN223344
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by DEEMAN223344 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:07 pm

Does anyone have any idea why this is happening?
DEEMAN223344
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by DEEMAN223344 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:13 pm

DP.
A bit if this and that...
I HAZ A SOLUTION!!!!!one
It seems that every time a new .3ds model is introduced, The game will make a debug file saying its encrypted name! All you have to do is rename the model!
DEEMAN223344
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by DEEMAN223344 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:26 pm

Whoa...
Silence....
Anyway....
YOU CAN NOW USE CUSTOM MODELS!!!!
I shall send .wops soon.
jozsefkoma
Rainbow Star

Post by jozsefkoma » Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:58 pm

I need some help with this project.
Who want to help send me a PM.
DEEMAN223344
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by DEEMAN223344 » Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:47 am

lolo irony
when cbloopy was here you worshiped him
*insert quote from qloof here*
When I accomplish what cbloopy couldn't even dream of you ignore it...
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:24 am

Cool discovery, Deeman! :D

But we're not going to worship you or something. cbloopy didn't ask to be worshipped.

:?:
:?
boywhoflies
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by boywhoflies » Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:34 am

That's awesome, d-dude! :D
Mr. Robot never dies! :D

Chatroom
DEEMAN223344
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by DEEMAN223344 » Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:36 am

Thanks!
SO far I have The Custom NPC done. (IT IS A SIGN, BEWARE.)
INSTRUSCTIONS wrote: 1. Get a model and texture and put them in the main directory
2. Make a level.
3. Compile.
4. Open, Then close player.
5. change !Sign and CUNPC to the names you gave the model and texture
6. Save.
7. MAKE BACKUPS OF THE MODEL AND KEEP THEM OUT OF THE MAIN DIRECTORY.
8. Play the level with the model.
9. A debug file will appear saying the encrypted name of the model
10. Put a backup in the main directory and name it the encrypted name (DO NOT CHANGE IT IN THE .WLV, UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, YOU WILL HAVE TO REPEAT STEPS 9. AND 10.!!!)
ALL done!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jafo1015
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by jafo1015 » Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:24 am

NICE!!!

My son had figured out how to insert a custom model in the .wlv file, but we had the same problem of it deleting the model file after 1 use. I tried doing the encryption that you see in the MOFI models and textures, but I encrypted the whole CUSTOM\model1.3ds path. It appears from the debug file you only need to "encrypt" the filename (model1 in my case) and give it a .wd3 extension. And, for anyone who hasn't figured it out, the encryption is simply taking each letter in the name and replacing it with the next letter in the alphabet, with numbers staying the same. Thus, "model1.3ds" becomes "npefm1.wd3" I tried it out and it worked great! No need to to run the player twice to get the debug file. Below is a little pic of a stinker next to a lava lamp.

Sorry about hijacking your thread jozsefkoma, your intro screens look way cool! I haven't messed around much yet with a custom intro, but I really like the NPC silhouettes.

Deeman, if you find more out about this, post this find as a new topic so more members will see it and be able to use it.
needs a 12 step program for overcoming addiction to Minecraft.

WA - Editor Tools v1.2.2
jozsefkoma
Rainbow Star

Post by jozsefkoma » Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:58 am

jafo1015 wrote:NICE!!!

My son had figured out how to insert a custom model in the .wlv file, but we had the same problem of it deleting the model file after 1 use. I tried doing the encryption that you see in the MOFI models and textures, but I encrypted the whole CUSTOM\model1.3ds path. It appears from the debug file you only need to "encrypt" the filename (model1 in my case) and give it a .wd3 extension. And, for anyone who hasn't figured it out, the encryption is simply taking each letter in the name and replacing it with the next letter in the alphabet, with numbers staying the same. Thus, "model1.3ds" becomes "npefm1.wd3" I tried it out and it worked great! No need to to run the player twice to get the debug file. Below is a little pic of a stinker next to a lava lamp.

Sorry about hijacking your thread jozsefkoma, your intro screens look way cool! I haven't messed around much yet with a custom intro, but I really like the NPC silhouettes.

Deeman, if you find more out about this, post this find as a new topic so more members will see it and be able to use it.
I tried to encode the name file but just for textures(you can see it in Secret Combination adventure), I never think to change name of models.
Thanks and great job!
jafo1015
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by jafo1015 » Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:23 pm

Hey jozsefkoma,

what program are you using to make models?

WA - Editor Tools v1.2.2
dig 222
Rainbow Star

Post by dig 222 » Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:35 pm

Do you use milkshape 3D to make custom models?
jozsefkoma
Rainbow Star

Post by jozsefkoma » Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:41 pm

AC3D is easy to use.
garirry
Rainbow Star

Post by garirry » Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:12 pm

You can use Blender (free) or Google SketchUp :wink:
jafo1015
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by jafo1015 » Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:12 pm

Thanks, everyone. We'll try them out.

WA - Editor Tools v1.2.2