Technology Enhacements (Please Read)

Help Topics, Bug Reports, Feature Requests, etc.
LexieTheFox
Rainbow Master

Technology Enhacements (Please Read)

Post by LexieTheFox » Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:00 am

I didn't say WA: [Title] as it is not a HUB Project. It is a In-Adventure project. (Taking Place in Multi-Adventures)
But Before I start, I need some help.
Can anyone tell me some things to make at least some Good Puzzles? I Have a feeling the Lack of Puzzles in my adventures are what causes them to be so... Abandoned.
here are my Puzzle Tactics.
Magic Puzzles (Pop, Blink, Rare Brr, POW,)
POW Is Usable in WA, and it is not MOFI!
Alt Bridge Puzzles. (Most Un-LIkley, I cannot get the Timer Adjustments right sometimes)
And others. But They arn't good enough.
Can Anyone help me before I start this. Because If I start it without any Advice It might end up Failing.
Oh and I tend on using the Trilogy Tactic. (I just need someone to teach me how to make hyperlinks with Custom names =/ )
Rawr.
Fear me, I bite! >:3
Emerald141
Rainbow AllStar

Re: Technology Enhacements (Please Read)

Post by Emerald141 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:14 am

Last edited by Emerald141 on Fri Sep 02, 2022 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
LexieTheFox
Rainbow Master

Post by LexieTheFox » Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:18 am

Emerald141 wrote:
LexieTheFox wrote:I didn't say WA: [Title] as it is not a HUB Project. It is a In-Adventure project. (Taking Place in Multi-Adventures)
Can anyone tell me some things to make at least some Good Puzzles? What I usually do is randomly select two objects and try to construct a puzzle around them.
I Have a feeling the Lack of Puzzles in my adventures are what causes them to be so... Abandoned. I think that the reason people don't play your adventures is that, by your own admission, you don't play other peoples'. Respect: give it to get it.
POW Is Usable in WA, and it is not MOFI! If you're going to use POW in WA, remember that, unlike in MoFI, you can't cast it directly onto an object (you have to cast it one or more tiles behind).
Alt Bridge Puzzles. (Most Un-LIkley, I cannot get the Timer Adjustments right sometimes) I do NOT recommend this; bridge chains have become so cliche that the use of them is a clear indicator of unoriginality. But if you really must, the TimerMax1 is 50 and the Timer starts at 1 and increases in increments of 25 for each bridge in the chain.
Can Anyone help me before I start this. Because If I start it without any Advice It might end up Failing.
Oh and I tend on using the Trilogy Tactic. (I just need someone to teach me how to make hyperlinks with Custom names) The code for making URLs is: [!url=(actual link)](text you want it to appear as)[/url], without the ! of course (I just did that so phpBB didn't interpret it as an actual link).
My comments in red.
Ah, Thanks.
Also Btw,
I don't play other peoples adventures much because I use the Unofficial MOFI editor. With a Accessory Issue it has, I am paranoid to play most adventures, not to mention I'm not much of a Thinker. But Apparently when it comes to my own puzzles I Solve them. Ethier because I made it, or because I have to if I want to get Play Testing Done. If Anyone wants me to try a adventure, Just PM Me! I will see what I can do about playing it, (I will not lie and say I played it. I'm not a lier)
Rawr.
Emerald141
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Emerald141 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:22 am

Last edited by Emerald141 on Fri Sep 02, 2022 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
LexieTheFox
Rainbow Master

Post by LexieTheFox » Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:32 am

Emerald141 wrote:I think that you should just shelve the unofficial MoFI editor and use the original WA editor instead. No one plays MoFI adventures anyways.
Ehh True. But I Have to use it, It has so many Objects That I one-Click downloaded. (I Downloaded then removed them. UNless you might sugguest putting its OBject Presets onto my Normal WA editor?)
As I do INfact have one.
But I've made not ONE adventure on it.
(BUt I;'ve learned my lesson with MoFI adventures. I Still use the editor, But I don't publish any Adventures that are made for MOFI with it)
Rawr.
Emerald141
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Emerald141 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:34 am

Last edited by Emerald141 on Fri Sep 02, 2022 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dark Drago
Rainbow Master

Post by Dark Drago » Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:53 am

Emerald141 wrote:
LexieTheFox wrote:I didn't say WA: [Title] as it is not a HUB Project. It is a In-Adventure project. (Taking Place in Multi-Adventures)
Can anyone tell me some things to make at least some Good Puzzles? What I usually do is randomly select two objects and try to construct a puzzle around them.
I Have a feeling the Lack of Puzzles in my adventures are what causes them to be so... Abandoned. I think that the reason people don't play your adventures is that, by your own admission, you don't play other peoples'. Respect: give it to get it.
POW Is Usable in WA, and it is not MOFI! If you're going to use POW in WA, remember that, unlike in MoFI, you can't cast it directly onto an object (you have to cast it one or more tiles behind).
Alt Bridge Puzzles. (Most Un-LIkley, I cannot get the Timer Adjustments right sometimes) I do NOT recommend this; bridge chains have become so cliche that the use of them is a clear indicator of unoriginality. But if you really must, the TimerMax1 is 50 and the Timer starts at 1 and increases in increments of 25 for each bridge in the chain.
Oh and I tend on using the Trilogy Tactic. (I just need someone to teach me how to make hyperlinks with Custom names) The code for making URLs is: [!url=(actual link)](text you want it to appear as)[/url], without the ! of course (I just did that so phpBB didn't interpret it as an actual link).
My comments in red.
Indeed, the comments are true.
I have a little bit of surprising suggestions.
Maybe you can make a video featuring important parts of your adventure and send the link along with the adventure so that people will know the adventure that await them.
LexieTheFox
Rainbow Master

Post by LexieTheFox » Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:54 pm

Dark Drago wrote:
Emerald141 wrote:
My comments in red.
Indeed, the comments are true.
I have a little bit of surprising suggestions.
Maybe you can make a video featuring important parts of your adventure and send the link along with the adventure so that people will know the adventure that await them.
If I Did it wouldn't have much sound. But WA Solutions don't need sound, do they?
Rawr.