Paradise Quest - The Wonder Shards - Uploading...

Help Topics, Bug Reports, Feature Requests, etc.
tb
Gold Wonderlander

Post by tb » Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:52 am

good for you, im fine of both
Blazeknight
Rainbow Master

Post by Blazeknight » Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:27 am

MORE UPDATES AND WONDERS!

This is the scorchoz cave, a cave of heat and mud. It is also called as tri-terrain cave. It has lava, quicksand and water. You must travel through this cave to get to the pyramid. Yes, pyramid is the last thing to do

REPORT - 90%
Adventures - 27/30
Hub Rooms - 18/20
Happy to Help!

Check out my works @ http://quaziiquce.webs.com
tb
Gold Wonderlander

Post by tb » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:31 am

yay so much in one day. it looks nice
Blazeknight
Rainbow Master

Post by Blazeknight » Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:15 pm

SURPRISE

The demo2 is complete! I have finished it. I'm testing it now and it will be released tomorrow! Great!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's the last pic for demo 2. Its about the pyramid. Expect the grand release tomorrow!

REPORT- 100%
Adventures - 30/30
Hub Rooms - 20/20

HAPPY 5th PAGE
Happy to Help!

Sammy_P
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Sammy_P » Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:41 pm

Awesome! or something
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:42 pm

I think you're the only person who has managed to consistently work on a hub without getting bored. I'm impressed! Keep up the good work!
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:50 pm

And you work very fast while still making it pretty great.
md
Rainbow Master

Post by md » Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:42 am

Wow, this is some really fast progress happening! Keep up the good work!

I'd also like to point out something about that last screenshot. Players can easily blink back to the blink charger to get more blink without crossing the bridges. This can be used to also get more pop. Was this intended?
If you bothered to copy and paste this signature, or zoom in, to make it possible to read, then I wasted 5-10 seconds of your life.
tb
Gold Wonderlander

Post by tb » Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:01 am

this is really amazing. You are releasing today?
Blazeknight
Rainbow Master

Post by Blazeknight » Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:49 am

For the first time, 5 people have posted before me. I'm really happy and thankful.

There are 22 old adventures and 33 new adventures for this demo2. The screenie adventure happens to be an old one. Since it's already converted back then 2 years ago, I'm afraid, there's nothing I can do about those 4 bridges until MS sends potz editor. I'm sorry for that.

I have introduced a new idea called the rainbow portal. It's a place from which you can teleport to important places like towns, camps and other settlements. Also, like the old hub, this hub features teleport from temple to the shard's home place. So, players will find it easy to keep changing places as the quest goes on.

I've finished the testing. There's an adventure called ''SCRITTER DEPTHS'' in the scorchoz cave. I did that many days ago, that now I forgot how to solve it. If you solve it someday, please give me the solution.

The game is going to be uploaded soon. Man, these power cuts in my locality are really annoying
Happy to Help!

md
Rainbow Master

Post by md » Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:52 am

You could instead put a teleporter that leads to the magic power then back.
If you bothered to copy and paste this signature, or zoom in, to make it possible to read, then I wasted 5-10 seconds of your life.
Blazeknight
Rainbow Master

Post by Blazeknight » Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:22 am

md wrote:You could instead put a teleporter that leads to the magic power then back.
What do you mean? Please explain
Happy to Help!

md
Rainbow Master

Post by md » Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:45 am

Blazeknight wrote:
md wrote:You could instead put a teleporter that leads to the magic power then back.
What do you mean? Please explain
Like, replace those magic chargers with teleporters that lead to a magic charger. Then put a button so you can re-activate the teleporter to go back, but you can't go back to the magic charger after teleporting back.
yot yot5
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by yot yot5 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:20 am

I like the look of this hub, too!

BTW, in the adventure picture with POP and BLINK chargers above, I noticed a loophole. You can use blink magic to teleport back to the chargers and get an unlimited supply of blink and two lots of pop. Just thought I would let you know. :)
Blazeknight
Rainbow Master

Post by Blazeknight » Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:54 am

I tried but its impossible to edit a converted wlv file. I don't have the unconverted file as I lost the old pq editor stuff two years ago. Now, is it clear?

By the way, I thought you were talking about the portal. So only I asked 'explain'
Happy to Help!

yot yot5
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by yot yot5 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:10 am

Blazeknight wrote:I tried but its impossible to edit a converted wlv file. I don't have the unconverted file as I lost the old pq editor stuff two years ago. Now, is it clear?

By the way, I thought you were talking about the portal. So only I asked 'explain'
I'm don't really know much about hubs, so please tell me if I'm being stupid, but can't you remake the adventure with the same file name, convert it, and then replace the old version with the new version?
md
Rainbow Master

Post by md » Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:14 am

yot yot5 wrote:
Blazeknight wrote:I tried but its impossible to edit a converted wlv file. I don't have the unconverted file as I lost the old pq editor stuff two years ago. Now, is it clear?

I'm don't really know much about hubs, so please tell me if I'm being stupid, but can't you remake the adventure with the same file name, convert it, and then replace the old version with the new version?
You can convert the level file back to unconverted format.
Blazeknight
Rainbow Master

Post by Blazeknight » Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:39 am

md wrote:
yot yot5 wrote:

You can convert the level file back to unconverted format.
Wait, what? Let me ask somethings please.

First to yotyot, your idea is really good but the thing is I need to first take screenshots of the wg.exe while playing it, organise them into a paint file so that I know how the level looks. Then, I need to figure out which button opens which gate, and all that. Finally, I must make the new version for it.
That'll take over 2 hours.

Now, I'll follow this suggestion provided that my second question has no hopes of surviving.

Secondly, md, consider this doubt; I have made a wlv in the 'editing' folder of mofi editor. It has flip bridges. Then I convert it using cbloopy's mofi convertor and save it in the 'current' folder of mofi editor. Now, if I try to open the converted file in the editor, it says "memory access violation". OKAY!

But now, I want to re-convert the 'current' wlv file into the 'editing' mode. Is there a way to do it? Please tell me if there is a way...

Considering this crisis, I may have to postpone the release date. Sorry guys :(
Happy to Help!

Blazeknight
Rainbow Master

Post by Blazeknight » Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:55 pm

DEMO2 IS RELEASED!
Go to page 1 of this topic and clicky the link to download. :D

NOTES:
1) Due to the ratings I received, I have updated some adventures and added rocks to caverns and removed back-tracking
2) Remember, the SCRITTER DEPTHS is still a mystery
3) I'll take care of those flip-bridge adventures next time. As for now, enjoy the free pop and blink charges in that adventure
4) Its demo2, so exciting... playable till the sand castle. You may/maynot get the shard as it involves some dialogue changes
Last edited by Blazeknight on Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Happy to Help!

md
Rainbow Master

Post by md » Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:31 pm

First post!

Yay, downloading now!

Can't you convert the adventure back to WA format?

EDIT: Forgot to mention, just a couple of things:
- Don't do the alternating bridges the way you do it. It gets really annoying having to wait for them to come back up, and there's no challenge in it. Especially with that Stinker Rescue level in Aquastream Cave, where you have to wait forever to get each Wee Stinker across one by one, which takes a really long time and plenty of loading and saving.
- With infinite fire traps, don't put both timers on 0 and 0, put one on 0 and the other on 200. That way it is still infinite, but doesn't make that annoying sound.
Blazeknight
Rainbow Master

Post by Blazeknight » Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:41 am

Oay, I'll fix the alt bridges next timeand also make one trap instead of 3.

Now, md first tell me how to convert back mofi to wa, which tool to use and all that. If you keep telling to change without telling how, what can I do?
Happy to Help!

md
Rainbow Master

Post by md » Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:48 am

Sorry... you can use the WA Editor Tools. Just check "Check to convert from MOFI to WA (Reverse)" in the conversion menu.

Also, it doesn't matter how many traps you put, more traps does not make the sound louder.

BTW, I got a green key from "Waterworks" where you get a green key after completing it, but I also found another green key actually inside the adventure that doesn't fit any hub gates. I found all coins and gems, so I'm not sure what that's for.
In saying that, there is also a yellow key that is used to get some bonus coins and gems, but players can not use it and take it with them to the exit. Then just simply redo it correctly later. Just saying to be a bit more careful with that sort of stuff.

In the first adventure of the Canals, there's a gold coin which seems impossible to get. By looking at the adventure, it is easy to tell that there should be a teleporter that leads there, but I can't find any buttons for it.
Blazeknight
Rainbow Master

Post by Blazeknight » Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:41 am

Thanks for the answers. Now, please note that all adventures that have mofi stuff are from the old pq. There are 3 of them and 2 are glitchy.
1. Waterworks
2. Poppin flip
These are not errors but minor bugs in them. So, now that you told me how to reconvert, I'll do it for demo3. The first canal adventure is completely okay. You need to think harder to get that coin. You must blink for it.
Happy to Help!

md
Rainbow Master

Post by md » Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:52 am

Blazeknight wrote:Thanks for the answers. Now, please note that all adventures that have mofi stuff are from the old pq. There are 3 of them and 2 are glitchy.
1. Waterworks
2. Poppin flip
These are not errors but minor bugs in them. So, now that you told me how to reconvert, I'll do it for demo3. The first canal adventure is completely okay. You need to think harder to get that coin. You must blink for it.
You can't because the coin is in the way.

Also, there's a trick that allows you to get another set of blink without stepping on that button near the gold star. Was this intended?
Blazeknight
Rainbow Master

Post by Blazeknight » Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:36 am

I'll post the solution video for that today. The last button was an indication that you have made bridges for the hub.
Happy to Help!

md
Rainbow Master

Post by md » Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:32 am

Blazeknight wrote:I'll post the solution video for that today. The last button was an indication that you have made bridges for the hub.
Okay, thanks. With the bridge, you should put it behind the star then, otherwise players will get confused. That button also reactivates those bridges near the blink.
There is another way to get another set of blink without stepping on that button though. So basically, you can get 4 sets of blink (with the button).

In that Waterworks level, there is also an Ice Key near the Gold Star (as an indication that you've reached the key) when it should be a green key.
Blazeknight
Rainbow Master

Post by Blazeknight » Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:38 am

md wrote:
Blazeknight wrote:I'll post the solution video for that today. The last button was an indication that you have made bridges for the hub.
Okay, thanks. With the bridge, you should put it behind the star then, otherwise players will get confused. That button also reactivates those bridges near the blink.
There is another way to get another set of blink without stepping on that button though. So basically, you can get 4 sets of blink (with the button).

In that Waterworks level, there is also an Ice Key near the Gold Star (as an indication that you've reached the key) when it should be a green key.
Green key... I'll change that soon using the tools. I'll change all conversion glitches for the demo3. Right now, I couldn't do anything for the last 4 hours because of parent patrol.

Now, I got time!

Well, I found out that the canals adventure in the editor didn't have the coin block but in the game folder had it. I forgot to copy it into it. Sincere apologies to md.

List of updated adventures:
1. Treasure Cavern: Removing some alt bridge and firetrap timers
2. Aquacave Rescue: Removing the alt bridge
3. Old Creepy Sewers: The blocking coin problem
4. Waterworks: Green key is there now
5. Poppin' Flip: Added another pop field for solving the puzzle.

Once all this is over, I'll re-upload the demo2
Last edited by Blazeknight on Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Happy to Help!

Blazeknight
Rainbow Master

Post by Blazeknight » Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:01 am

DELETED
Last edited by Blazeknight on Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Happy to Help!

Blazeknight
Rainbow Master

Post by Blazeknight » Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:02 am

UPDATE!

Please download this file and follow the instructions for those who have downloaded the "DEMO2" setup called "watnpq0.02setup."
Read the instructions too!
This version is for the glitch fix of MOFI converted levels which are proper now...

INSTRUCTIONS:
1. Unzip the archives
2. Copy the files into Data/Adventures
3. It's fixed
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Blazeknight on Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Happy to Help!

tb
Gold Wonderlander

Post by tb » Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:06 am

the hub is nice so far. i play till forest. you should have been more careful about those flip bridge adventures