Paradise Quest - The Wonder Shards - Uploading...

Help Topics, Bug Reports, Feature Requests, etc.
Sammy_P
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Sammy_P » Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:31 am

Blazeknight wrote:So, everything's ok and setup now! Just 3 and and a half hours to go! By the way, I'm releasing two kinds of packages. The first package will contain everything except the wg.exe; it includes the launcher too. In this method, you'll need to add only wg.exe. The reason is that I've requested MS to let me put the wg.exe. I'm confident that he'll allow me bcos of the way I've written the request letter to him mentioning about all those feelings and joy. The second package will contain only the additional and necessary files of PQ required to replace the POTZ folder. The second method occupies less space and will require people to just copy and overwrite existing files, after deleting all of POTZ's adventures in that copy of WA3 copy.
The first file is called "wapq-full-bk.rar" and the second file is called "wapq-full-plus.rar"

Final updates for you:
Adventures (160)
Hub Rooms (80)
Dialogues (90)
also, could you upload on dropbox this time
Blazeknight
Rainbow Master

Post by Blazeknight » Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:52 am

Sammy_P wrote:
Blazeknight wrote:So, everything's ok and setup now! Just 3 and and a half hours to go! By the way, I'm releasing two kinds of packages. The first package will contain everything except the wg.exe; it includes the launcher too. In this method, you'll need to add only wg.exe. The reason is that I've requested MS to let me put the wg.exe. I'm confident that he'll allow me bcos of the way I've written the request letter to him mentioning about all those feelings and joy. The second package will contain only the additional and necessary files of PQ required to replace the POTZ folder. The second method occupies less space and will require people to just copy and overwrite existing files, after deleting all of POTZ's adventures in that copy of WA3 copy.
The first file is called "wapq-full-bk.rar" and the second file is called "wapq-full-plus.rar"

Final updates for you:
Adventures (160)
Hub Rooms (80)
Dialogues (90)
also, could you upload on dropbox this time
Oopsy, I had already uploaded in sendspace yesterday. I don't have a dropbox account. I'll make one and upload the 2nd file in dropbox for you sometime later today but before that time
Happy to Help!

Check out my works @ http://quaziiquce.webs.com
Blazeknight
Rainbow Master

Post by Blazeknight » Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:30 am

<DRUMROLL>
<WHISTLE>
<SCREECH>
<SCREAM>
<BECOME A WILD ANIMAL WITH PASSION>

It's time!
Silly, its not this page, its the first page
Happy to Help!

|Cookie|
Rainbow Star

Post by |Cookie| » Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:38 am

(PROBLEM FIXED)
I am trying this right now!
EDIT: Uh, I just entered the 3rd wlv, and I can't move, and I can't click on the "X" button, what's happening?
Previously known as "kidkidaaa1"
My level list
My hub: TTN
Woof Woof
samuelthx
Rainbow Master

Post by samuelthx » Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:18 am

@MS/Admins
Eh just in case I need to ask for hints, do I post it under the Level Solutions board or directly in this thread? If the latter is opted for, this thread would become rather messy though... :|
Blazeknight
Rainbow Master

Post by Blazeknight » Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:25 am

Strange... it never happened before... a level hangs... but anyways, I've managed to put the right 3rd.wlv. That's hanging as a sign arrow doesn't work in POTZ...

I've fixed the download...
samuelthx wrote:@MS/Admins
Eh just in case I need to ask for hints, do I post it under the Level Solutions board or directly in this thread? If the latter is opted for, this thread would become rather messy though... :|
It wouldn't be that messy bcos not everyone will play a fangame like crazy for WA3
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Happy to Help!

|Cookie|
Rainbow Star

Post by |Cookie| » Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:38 am

Umm, what should I do now..? :oops:
There is nothing I can do, no bridges, no teleporters, etc... :?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
My level list
Woof Woof
Blazeknight
Rainbow Master

Post by Blazeknight » Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:15 pm

kidkidaaa1 wrote:Umm, what should I do now..? :oops:
Make the 2 scritters touch the button and you go up the bridges. That's the trick. If still confused watch this video solution

SPOILER: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMmOZD7e ... e=youtu.be
Happy to Help!

Midnight Synergy
Site Admin

Post by Midnight Synergy » Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:15 pm

Hi Blaze,

I appreciate your letter and formal request. Unfortunately I have to decline the request to include wg.exe in your package at this point. I know it's not ideal, but I don't quite see the problem in asking a user to simply copy their wg.exe from POTZ to your game?? Yes, it would be a neater download, but this way your project also stays "bound" to the community, which is the intent of the free editor projects.

I understand that you put a lot of work into your game, but once I say yes to one person it's an automatic yes to anyone's project - so that's a floodgate I'm not ready to open up yet.

As for the future of the editor, expect finally a first update in a week or so.

Patrick
|Cookie|
Rainbow Star

Post by |Cookie| » Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:39 pm

Midnight Synergy wrote:As for the future of the editor, expect finally a first update in a week or so.

Patrick
Oh.. my.. god! :D
Blazeknight wrote:
kidkidaaa1 wrote:Umm, what should I do now..? :oops:
Make the 2 scritters touch the button and you go up the bridges. That's the trick.
Oh oops, how didn't I think of that? :lol:
thanks!
My level list
Woof Woof
Blazeknight
Rainbow Master

Post by Blazeknight » Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:51 pm

Midnight Synergy wrote:Hi Blaze,

I appreciate your letter and formal request. Unfortunately I have to decline the request to include wg.exe in your package at this point. I know it's not ideal, but I don't quite see the problem in asking a user to simply copy their wg.exe from POTZ to your game?? Yes, it would be a neater download, but this way your project also stays "bound" to the community, which is the intent of the free editor projects.

I understand that you put a lot of work into your game, but once I say yes to one person it's an automatic yes to anyone's project - so that's a floodgate I'm not ready to open up yet.

As for the future of the editor, expect finally a first update in a week or so.

Patrick
Thank you Patrick. I understand the intent and will abide by our community's bounds. All the best for your new WA3 editor project. Woo hoo I'm excited.
Happy to Help!

Midnight Synergy
Site Admin

Post by Midnight Synergy » Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:05 pm

kidkidaaa1 wrote:
Oh, definitely don't get too excited!!
yot yot5
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by yot yot5 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:37 pm

Midnight Synergy wrote:
kidkidaaa1 wrote:
Oh, definitely don't get too excited!!
When it comes to the WA3 editor, there's no such thing as "too excited". :lol:
Blazeknight
Rainbow Master

Post by Blazeknight » Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:39 pm

A little thingy to note... I'm not sending any hints or spoilers in the form of videos for a while say 6-7 months... otherwise until it really is an error (that too if and only if any). I'll make video playthroughs after that in the future
Happy to Help!

Pawelec
Rainbow Master

Post by Pawelec » Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:15 pm

I'm on my way through the hub - I reached the 75th star just a while ago and I noticed many bugs:

Adventures:
Many adventures in the whole game can be completed with all gems and coins without visiting half of the adventure (I mean, there are possible solutions that involve ommiting most elements of the level, eg. the northern part of Chompice Lake is not needed to complete the adventure, the crab adventure on the beach doesn't need using green crabs etc.).
Many adventures in the desert cave are not converted - Lurkers are invisible, and you are suddenly eaten without knowing what happened.
Slip N Slide - 1 gem cannot be grabbed in any way without dying (I mean the mostleft one, next to the diamond button).
Iceslide Maze - there's no way to obtain 2 of the 3 coins there.
Crystal Lake - winning condition isn't set to Get all Gems and there's no star in the level - the adventure is unbeatable.
Pinball - impossible to complete due to the wrong rotation of top-leftmost spring.

Hub:
Everywhere - NPCs stare at the South intead of turning in player's direction.
Desert cave - players can sink bridges with Pop magic.
In the mountains - there's Brr and a lake in the hub - players can easily Brr into the lake and die in the hub.
Snow Shard area - if players use the keys in wrong way they may not be able to get the key behind the two gates.

No review yet - I need to complete the hub before posting a full opinion note with all the elements analyzed.
"Let us return to the past; it will be progress."
by Giuseppe Verdi
Blazeknight
Rainbow Master

Post by Blazeknight » Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:21 am

Oops! Sorry about those lurker adventures. I forgot to add them in my conversion list after testing. Right now, here are the proper adventures in a zip file. Overwrite them to play.

What do you mean by NPC's everywhere are looking south? I don't think so. There are some 5-6 NPC's who don't face you. They are the forest guy, woods rescue, magic race guy, first kaboom, farmer, cave rescue and the game arcade triplets. I'll fix that soon. But other than that I don't see any other facing away from you.

And regarding failing in the hub, if there's a brr charge and water nearby, then you don't have to slide into it on purpose. The same applies to the pop bridges in the scorchoz cave. I wouldn't consider them as errors.

The key thingy was like a test to not be greedy. I'll fix it as it is an easy "criticize" subject.

By the way, thanks for the error finding. I'll collect all errors and reports and release the master version on March 1st 2014 that's bug free.
Last edited by Blazeknight on Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Happy to Help!

Pawelec
Rainbow Master

Post by Pawelec » Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:33 am

Blazeknight wrote:What do you mean by NPC's everywhere are looking south? I don't think so. There are some 5 NPC's who don't face you. They are the forest guy, rescue guy, magic race guy, first kaboom, farmer and the game arcade triplets. I'll fix that soon. But other than that I don't see any other facing away from you.
Oh, I thought that wasn't intentional. If you'd like them to look at the South then OK (but it looks strange, like they have just used some forbidden substances to make their mood... better :lol:).

EDIT: Further bugs:
Boomer Rescue - the eastern Fireflower cannot be destroyed, because fireballs have finite range: adventure is unbeatable.
POWerful Jungle - gates of the East part are messed up with the buttons - the adventure is unbeatable. Also, there are two adventure stars in the hub for this adventure in one area (the second one is near the northern water pond and cannot be reached).
Last edited by Pawelec on Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
by Giuseppe Verdi
Blazeknight
Rainbow Master

Post by Blazeknight » Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:42 am

Pawelec wrote:
Blazeknight wrote:What do you mean by NPC's everywhere are looking south? I don't think so. There are some 5 NPC's who don't face you. They are the forest guy, rescue guy, magic race guy, first kaboom, farmer and the game arcade triplets. I'll fix that soon. But other than that I don't see any other facing away from you.
Oh, I thought that wasn't intentional. If you'd like them to look at the South then OK (but it looks strange, like they have just used some forbidden substances to make their mood... better :lol:).
The forest guy who talked weird stuff and the magic race guy were supposed to look south anyway bcos the forest guy is mysterious and the race guy ignores you bcos he thinks he's great. Game arcade triplets are like playing the game now. So they appear to look as if they concentrate in the game (I couldn't get a North look). I'll fix the other 3 soon.

Actually I played Slip N Slide and Pinball again. They are solvable. You got to try harder. They're solvable and were parts of the old PQ 2 years ago. However, I've included changed adventures to suit you.
Happy to Help!

Pawelec
Rainbow Master

Post by Pawelec » Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:06 pm

Blazeknight wrote:Actually I played Slip N Slide and Pinball again. They are solvable. You got to try harder. They're solvable and were parts of the old PQ 2 years ago. However, I've included changed adventures to suit you.
For Pinball: I'm not sure, but as far as I noticed the two mostleft springs are affected by the same rotator, but to grab the last gem you need to have them turned separately. I'll have to try that once again.
Slip N Slide: I'm preety sure it is impossible to get that gem. The adventure is solvable, but getting back from the leftmost gem always ends up in swimming party. However, I'll try once more.

Now, let me rechallenge those adventures! 108 stars and going, time for some Floing back in time.
by Giuseppe Verdi
Blazeknight
Rainbow Master

Post by Blazeknight » Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:23 pm

Great going! 108 adventures? I bet you've got 5 shards now. After floing back, it's shard teleportation time.

By the way, as far as a review is concerned... err... do you really want to give one? I don't mind my hub not being praised or reviewed because making WA PQ was just a hobby. I just did it to enjoy my free time. Basically, my intention is not game designing. Although I like to make games, it is neither my aim nor total-action-passion stuff. It's just a temporary refuge from my school and college works. Having done this hub is like my biggest joy of all leisure time. It feels good to complete something like this and that's why I'm really double-relaxed now. A word to my fans... you wouldn't see me make big hubs (yeah, they're tough... PQ was really hard. It took 3 years) in the future as you know... like I told you... It was never in my mind to become a game designer (to be frank, totally not even once I aspired to be one but wonderland adventures 3 sure got that fire in me for a while like December 2013). I may make some levels time to time or just play other's works. That's all I have to say about this. Enjoy my hub and play it as you like it. If you find errors, tell me and I'll fix them time by time. But for a review if any, you can give one but please see to it that 99% they don't contain the lines like "the adventures can be solved by omitting parts too" and "you could have made this adventure tougher. I know you can do it" because fixing errors are easy but making an existing puzzle tougher needs some time and work which I wouldn't want to do after feeling the completion because I wouldn't have access to my laptop most of this year and follows the fact that this hub would become old soon (no worries... it doesn't really matter to me how many people play; my chief objective is for me and you to have fun; not to have fans and popularity)
Happy to Help!

yot yot5
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by yot yot5 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:40 pm

I'm downloading it now. Expect a review in a few days time! :D
Blazeknight
Rainbow Master

Post by Blazeknight » Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:09 pm

Oops... sorry about the jungle thing... that star is unused. I'll remove it soon. And I just figured out spell balls in Potz have lower range than Mofi. That's why since I played it long back in mofi, I thought it was ok. I'll fix that and powerful thing timorrow. I'm travelling this night. So me sleepingy now....

One more thing to note... if potz editor comes out and is compatible with this hub, I'll make a v1.2 of PQ after the v1.1 that s free of bugs

Right.... I just need the jafo conversion tools to reverse convert the boomer adventure. I forgot to copy that to my portable hard drive
Happy to Help!

Pawelec
Rainbow Master

Post by Pawelec » Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:31 pm

Blazeknight wrote:Great going! 108 adventures? I bet you've got 5 shards now. After floing back, it's shard teleportation time.

By the way, as far as a review is concerned... err... do you really want to give one? I don't mind my hub not being praised or reviewed because making WA PQ was just a hobby. I just did it to enjoy my free time. Basically, my intention is not game designing. Although I like to make games, it is neither my aim nor total-action-passion stuff. It's just a temporary refuge from my school and college works. Having done this hub is like my biggest joy of all leisure time. It feels good to complete something like this and that's why I'm really double-relaxed now. A word to my fans... you wouldn't see me make big hubs (yeah, they're tough... PQ was really hard. It took 3 years) in the future as you know... like I told you... It was never in my mind to become a game designer (to be frank, totally not even once I aspired to be one but wonderland adventures 3 sure got that fire in me for a while like December 2013). I may make some levels time to time or just play other's works. That's all I have to say about this. Enjoy my hub and play it as you like it. If you find errors, tell me and I'll fix them time by time. But for a review if any, you can give one but please see to it that 99% they don't contain the lines like "the adventures can be solved by omitting parts too" and "you could have made this adventure tougher. I know you can do it" because fixing errors are easy but making an existing puzzle tougher needs some time and work which I wouldn't want to do after feeling the completion because I wouldn't have access to my laptop most of this year and follows the fact that this hub would become old soon (no worries... it doesn't really matter to me how many people play; my chief objective is for me and you to have fun; not to have fans and popularity)
I understand you and now I see the review is not needed.

@ommiting parts of adventures: it is not about the way adventures are made, concepts are very good. The ability to skip a part of a level in 99% is a bug and needs only a small correction (in most cases adding 1 wall piece to block the possible way out of somewhere). I don't say the adventures aren't tough (because some of them are VERY tough). Moreover, in some cases an ability to skip part of the level is the only way to solve it and that is awesome (there was one level where I was trying for like 20 minutes to find a solution lacking one magic spell all the time, and then I realised I can skip everything using one little trick - I think it was the toughest level of all I've already played). Stating that you can ommit part of the level is by no means an offence, I'd rather treat it as a bug report.

OK, let me finally do that Floinging to see if I can beat those advs!
by Giuseppe Verdi
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Jutomi » Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:42 pm

It took me 2-3 years just to make the lost lands series.

And, yes, that was really mostly just something I did when I felt like it, so I can deffinately relate! :D

All so, I'd love to play it, but alas, I am an absolute wall three kilometers far from the point. I have absolutely no idea as to how to get POTZ stuff. :lol:

Though if I can figure out how, I'd love to accept this quest. :D
Your only little stinker that's absolutely NOT a z-bot by this name,
Jutomi~ :mrgreen:

Also, if you want to see my level list, here it is! :D
(Also: List of Hubs, WA Manual)
Oh, and my YT wonderland channel. Forgot about that.
Blazeknight
Rainbow Master

Post by Blazeknight » Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:52 pm

Pawelec wrote:
Blazeknight wrote:Great going! 108 adventures? I bet you've got 5 shards now. After floing back, its shard teleportation time.

I understand you and now I see the review is not needed.

@ommiting parts of adventures: it is not about the way adventures are made, concepts are very good. The ability to skip a part of a level in 99% is a bug and needs only a small correction (in most cases adding 1 wall piece to block the possible way out of somewhere). I don't say the adventures aren't tough (because some of them are VERY tough). Moreover, in some cases an ability to skip part of the level is the only way to solve it and that is awesome (there was one level where I was trying for like 20 minutes to find a solution lacking one magic spell all the time, and then I realised I can skip everything using one little trick - I think it was the toughest level of all I've already played). Stating that you can ommit part of the level is by no means an offence, I'd rather treat it as a bug report.

OK, let me finally do that Floinging to see if I can beat those advs!
Haha... u are getting a glimpse of my eye on wonderland puzzles. Actually each shard has a series of areas to go. For example the sand shard has a desert a hills a big hot Cave a pyramid and a sand castle. If you notice the adventures there have a pattern in common. If u can figure out the patterns, solving the adventures would be easy.

I have a request Pawelec. All this time I felt that way. But seeing u take 200% interest in my hub has fired me to make it better. You can specify which adventures have very easy omitting parts such that tge whole puzzlr is rendered useless like that 99% thing u told as a bug and could be fixed by adding a wall block.

And now I'd want to hear reviews. I was just a little unconfident earlier and thus told my feelings about one. But now that's okay bcos you are all friends. So no need for me to worry. Feel free to tell me how this hub can be made better (pls don't tell about storyline, dialogue concepts, adventure themes and hub changes). I'd like to hear more about that kind of things like the one mentioned above, syntactical errors and spellings in diakogues.
Happy to Help!

MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:10 pm

It's really awesome to have a completed hub released! I'll be waiting for the fully fixed version to play, though.
Blazeknight
Rainbow Master

Post by Blazeknight » Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:25 am

I've made the req.d changes to the error adventures and fixed the NPC rotations. Moreover I've included some modified adventures other than what was reported.

I've made the game download into two parts. The second part consists of adventures while the first has everything except the adventures (i.e. graphics, textures, readme, etc).

But I wasn't able to fix that boomer adventure as the computers in the college don;t have a big .NET framework and since the installation access is restricted, I couldn't use jafo's tools. I'll want the help of a person to fix it. Can someone please bring the icewalls closer in the level so that the level becomes solvable? Please attach it in this thread so that I can update the adventures download.
Happy to Help!

Krishiv738
Rainbow Keeper

Post by Krishiv738 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:33 pm

I want help.I can't get out the forever-ever forest.Can you make a map which includes which arrows lead to which and how to get to forests end.If there's no way,where should I go? I am stuck.
I am getting outta here, nothing is new, everything is boring.
Blazeknight
Rainbow Master

Post by Blazeknight » Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:30 pm

There are two similar areas in the forest that have chompers in the hub. Go to that room which doesn't have the time piece and in that room, take the right arrow. A room like the forest ranger guy's place will come. But in this room you can see a portal. In that room go to left arrow and then it's the waterfalls place. To get out from a circle, keep going on the southern arrows. You will land back to the forest ranger guy. In that room if u go south it's back to the plains of town's east gate
Happy to Help!

Krishiv738
Rainbow Keeper

Post by Krishiv738 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:30 pm

Where are those orb hunters/collectors? Because I have some orbs in my inventory.
I am getting outta here, nothing is new, everything is boring.