MoFI Hat/Glasses - Reference Numbers

Help Topics, Bug Reports, Feature Requests, etc.
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

MoFI Hat/Glasses - Reference Numbers

Post by Qloof234 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:38 am

I'm already aware that not a large amount of people seem to be using the MoFI Editor/Player hack. However, for those who do, I've come up with a handy reference sheet.

Specifically, there's a set of .WOP files floating around that enable NPCs to wear hats from MoFI - Problem is, since the Editor doesn't support them, the hats only show up as numbers in the NPC options (ie. "Hat: 24").

Needless to say, that's not exactly helpful, is it? As a result, I did a bit of poking around, and put this together. This isn't a huge amount of work to do, so I take no credit for it, but it's much simpler to use this than to open up MoFI and create a character every time just to check a hat's number.

It's nothing complicated - just a set of 26 images, one for all the hats (minus colour variants) and all the glasses/accessories.

I'm aware there's no NPC .WOP's for MoFI accessories at the moment - I'm working on one of these myself, which I'll attach here for anyone interested once I'm done.

Anyways, uh, yeah. I hope some of you will get some use out of this, at least. 8)
[size=0](Also, not really related, but Patrick can we please get a max filesize increase, 800KB is not a lot)[/size]

EDIT: I've figured out what byte controls the glasses NPCs wear. Working on a pack for the glasses/accessories in MoFI now. One problem is that the Hat/Accessories modifier resets to the Editor/WA1's "locked" values if you try changing it, meaning the only way to have an NPC with a set of glasses and a hat from MoFI would be to have a .WOP for it directly...

If anyone wants, I can take requests for that kind of .WOP file. There's no way I'm going to make one for every single hat/glasses combination in MoFI without knowing someone's going to end up using them. :P

EDIT 2: Attached .WOP files. Each one is just the default Stinker NPC but with one of MoFI's glasses/accessories on.

The .WOP filenames describe what the accessory is, as unlike the MoFI hat .wop files, the glasses field just appears as "Default" with any of these.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Blazeknight
Rainbow Master

Post by Blazeknight » Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:49 am

Can you please tell me how to use the custom hats and accesories, which wop and tools I need and all that please? :)
Happy to Help!

Check out my works @ http://quaziiquce.webs.com
Krishiv738
Rainbow Keeper

Post by Krishiv738 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:31 pm

Blazeknight wrote:Can you please tell me how to use the custom hats and accesories, which wop and tools I need and all that please? :)
You need your editor and player,that's all,just put the wops in a test adventure and compile it,in player,play the level.
I am getting outta here, nothing is new, everything is boring.
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:00 pm

Specifically, you need to have the MoFI Player hack.
DEEMAN223344
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by DEEMAN223344 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:36 pm

A thing that I had to wade through pages and pages of old posts to find. Were we really all that obnoxious back then? Yours and cbloopy's posts were pretty much the only ones that didn't make me want to tear my eyes out of my head. :roll:
Blazeknight
Rainbow Master

Post by Blazeknight » Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:55 am

Well, I've got everything with me bcos of UME. Well, how do you make your own custom stinkers? :shock:
Happy to Help!

Check out my works @ http://quaziiquce.webs.com
Krishiv738
Rainbow Keeper

Post by Krishiv738 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:27 pm

Blazeknight wrote:Well, I've got everything with me bcos of UME. Well, how do you make your own custom stinkers? :shock:
Custom stinkers have some limits.If you want to make custom stinkers,you need to set a signboard logic to stinker or stinker model to signboard.this can be done by hex-editing.

Limits of custom stinkers:
Cannot be destroyed by pow
Cannot move
Cannot animate
Can have custom texture.

If you set thwart logic to a stinker,it's bit buggy and can be destroyed without failing the adventure
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:04 pm

DEEMAN223344 wrote:A thing that I had to wade through pages and pages of old posts to find. Were we really all that obnoxious back then? Yours and cbloopy's posts were pretty much the only ones that didn't make me want to tear my eyes out of my head. :roll:
whenever i think of my older posts i start crying
Blazeknight wrote:Well, I've got everything with me bcos of UME. Well, how do you make your own custom stinkers? :shock:
I don't actually know what you're talking about here re: UME. When it comes to Custom Stinkers, again, I'm not sure what you mean.

If you mean using the MoFI hats/glasses in adventures, download the .wop files here (I think the MoFI hats package is around somewhere, I'm afraid I don't have a link to it) then put them in a subfolder in the Data/Editor/ObjectPresets folder. Then, just use them the same way you would a regular NPC.
Krishiv738 wrote:Custom stinkers have some limits.If you want to make custom stinkers,you need to set a signboard logic to stinker or stinker model to signboard.this can be done by hex-editing.

Limits of custom stinkers:
Cannot be destroyed by pow
Cannot move
Cannot animate
Can have custom texture.
No, they can't have custom textures (that work properly, at any rate). In fact, I'm fairly certain trying to set the Stinker model to a different logic is inherently going to be problematic because of all the settings Stinkers have.
Krishiv738 wrote:If you set thwart logic to a stinker,it's bit buggy and can be destroyed without failing the adventure
Doesn't setting a Stinker to Thwart logic just crash the game on principle? I'm pretty sure that's been attempted before and came up with no results.
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:09 pm

Qloof234 wrote:
DEEMAN223344 wrote:A thing that I had to wade through pages and pages of old posts to find. Were we really all that obnoxious back then? Yours and cbloopy's posts were pretty much the only ones that didn't make me want to tear my eyes out of my head. :roll:
whenever i think of my older posts i start crying
don't worry, we all cry at our older posts too
yot yot5
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by yot yot5 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:44 pm

MyNameIsKooky wrote:don't worry, we all cry at our older posts too
OH, I NEVER CRY AT MY OLDER POSTS. I JUST DELETE THEM AND TRY TO FORGET.
Krishiv738
Rainbow Keeper

Post by Krishiv738 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:48 am

Qloof234 wrote:.
Krishiv738 wrote:If you set thwart logic to a stinker,it's bit buggy and can be destroyed without failing the adventure
Doesn't setting a Stinker to Thwart logic just crash the game on principle? I'm pretty sure that's been attempted before and came up with no results.
You missed somthing that made game crashed,I am going to attach a wop:the stinker with a thwart logic.I will attach it on Monday.
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:03 am

... I know what I'm doing with editing .WOP files, thanks, and that includes object logic. I don't appreciate your implication that I don't. :roll:

Saying that, I went back and checked again, and it still crashes the game. Until I see something suggesting otherwise, quite frankly, I don't buy it.
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:19 am

Qloof234 wrote:Doesn't setting a Stinker to Thwart logic just crash the game on principle? I'm pretty sure that's been attempted before and came up with no results.
Yeah, it does. A while back I tried giving a Thwart a Stinker model, and giving Thwart logic to a Stinker, and both resulted in MAVs. Some object logics are incompatible with modelswaps. That's just the way it is and there's no way around it.

I agree that Krishiv's implications were uncalled for.
Krishiv738
Rainbow Keeper

Post by Krishiv738 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:52 am

Try adding wee stinker model to stinker and setting logic to thwart.Its buggy!
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:24 am

That's something I haven't tried, but if that's what you meant, you should've said as much in the first place. :roll: