Storyline after PotZ - what to do?

Help Topics, Bug Reports, Feature Requests, etc.
Pawelec
Rainbow Master

Storyline after PotZ - what to do?

Post by Pawelec » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:43 pm

I'm planning to make something big when WA3 Editor has came out, but no idea what exactly would it be yet. The thing is I have no idea how to deal with the storyline.

The plot:
- uses many WA trilogy characters and places, and introduces even more new ones,
- starts in Wonderland, but after some time everything moves to the new realm,
- needs some WA trilogy characters to be introduced in the new realm.

The longer I think about it the less sense it makes. Can you imagine eg. Professor Blastazar living in non-Wonderland realm? It's like you met him on Barren in PotZ and he said you he had a house there. :?

I thought of few possible solutions:
1. Remove all WA trilogy refferences and start completely WA-independent plot (what I wouldn't like to do).
2. Make the story take place in the new realm for all the time, but with WA characters living there (to me it makes no sense).
3. Make the new realm a part of Wonderplanet, but far away from Wonderland continent we know and make some WA characters live there (but not the main ones, I wouldn't make eg. Morklin live there; still makes little sense to me).
4. Construct the plot in a way that doesn't need WA characters to live in a new realm and tell that they were asked to go there (hard but possible, for me the best avaible option).

What do you think?
"Let us return to the past; it will be progress."
by Giuseppe Verdi
yot yot5
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by yot yot5 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:50 pm

How about you have your storyline start several years after POTZ ended? You could come up with some kind of tragic history that somehow forced all the Wonderland characters to find a new home.
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:50 pm

1 or 4. yot yot5's idea is also neat.
Rest in peace, Kym. I hardly knew ya.
Rest in peace, Marinus. A bright star, you were ahead of me on my own tracks of thought. I miss you.
tyteen4a03
Rainbow AllStar

Post by tyteen4a03 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:02 pm

My plot for TWM (The Warp Mystery, a WA + RTW project I never got around to make) was essentially "what if the Z-Bots were only a part of a bigger master plan?"

:wink:
and the duck went moo

Beep bloop
dig 222
Rainbow Star

Post by dig 222 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:54 am

Well, WA3 had a few possible WA4 leads at the end.

"Wysp has discovered a mysterious new world"

"The thwarts had some 'Errands' to attend to..." DUN DUN DAAAH

Perhaps you could base your story on one of those?
Last edited by dig 222 on Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pawelec
Rainbow Master

Post by Pawelec » Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:32 pm

yot yot5 wrote:How about you have your storyline start several years after POTZ ended?
Oh, I forgot to write that, of course that was the initial plan. Events just after PotZ would hardly make sense as a separate hub.
yot yot5 wrote:You could come up with some kind of tragic history that somehow forced all the Wonderland characters to find a new home.
Very VERY interesting proposal. And can be easily linked with the whole story... At first glance I can see some troubles, but I think I'll be able to overcome them after changing the story a bit.
dig 222 wrote:"Wysp has discovered a mysterious new world"
Actually, this is also a thing worth considering. It may be a life-saver if I'm stuck at one certain point of plotwriting. I suppose both yot yot's idea and this one will be merged together.
"Let us return to the past; it will be progress."
by Giuseppe Verdi
dig 222
Rainbow Star

Post by dig 222 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:42 pm

Adding on to what YotYot said...
The storyline could be something along the lines of this:

OH NOES Wonderland is going to be destroyed because of [...] so you have to collect the shards / get all of the wizards to cast a spell / use the void or something to teleport Wonderland / all the stinkers to another planet? :lol:
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:15 pm

The "Flash future" that Morklin mentioned is a pretty popular concept among adventure makers right now.
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Jutomi » Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:33 pm

I can imagine some stinker talking to Googenheimer and suddenly seeing a barrel pop out right next to them, but not without disappearing five seconds later.
Then a spikey ball comes racing after them for a large portion of the level. :lol:
Your only little stinker that's absolutely NOT a z-bot by this name,
Jutomi~ :mrgreen:

Also, if you want to see my level list, here it is! :D
(Also: List of Hubs, WA Manual)
Oh, and my YT wonderland channel. Forgot about that.