Wonderland Adventures: The Wonderbalance Islands

Help Topics, Bug Reports, Feature Requests, etc.
Technos72
Rainbow MegaStar

Wonderland Adventures: The Wonderbalance Islands

Post by Technos72 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:46 am

EDIT: This was originally called The Province of Wonderbalance. But I have changed the name and setting.

Post from long ago:

So unlike my hub hit WA: The Magical Tests (I'll continue it one day), this hub follows a storyline taking place in a world beyond the Foggy Mountains called "WonderBalance". It is the main control area that supports nature and law to WonderPlanet. The region is split into seven elemental kingdoms following the colors of the rainbow - Fire, Sand, Light, Earth, Ice, Water, and Dark.

One day, the mining stinker inhabitants in the underground city of "Undermountain" (Coming from TOW) below the Foggy Mountains discovered this place from surprisingly mining a tunnel to the surface, trying to collect fresh air. They then develop the "Undermountain Railroad" which takes their citizens and other travelers to this mystic region of WonderBalance.

That's all what the story is so far. I'm still trying to figure out what the conflict is going to be, but the antagonist is going to try to take control of the "Heart of WonderBalance" to make WonderPlanet unstable and turn it into a world of chaos.

And for gameplay, I was thinking you would play through one kingdom at a time progressively, but I thought the storyline would be better if the order of adventures were shuffled between kingdoms. I will try to include sidequests and even seecret adventures like MoFI. Monsters and other creatures will appear in different colors following the seven colors of the rainbow and their color depends on speed, timing, etc. I'm even going to include boss battles!
Last edited by Technos72 on Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Jutomi » Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:25 am

Oh, sounds neat! :D
I have yet an other adventure to look forward to!
Your only little stinker that's absolutely NOT a z-bot by this name,
Jutomi~ :mrgreen:

Also, if you want to see my level list, here it is! :D
(Also: List of Hubs, WA Manual)
Oh, and my YT wonderland channel. Forgot about that.
Technos72
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Technos72 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:45 am

Erm... It's a hub project. I think people like you got a bit confused where I wasn't mentioning this as a hub project clearly enough that people mistaken it as an adventure. Sorry.
LexieTheFox
Rainbow Master

Post by LexieTheFox » Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:47 am

Technos72 wrote:Erm... It's a hub project. I think people like you got a bit confused where I wasn't mentioning this as a hub project clearly enough that people mistaken it as an adventure. Sorry.
For one, that sounded insulting. You could of worded it a bit less.. like that.
Second, I think Jutomi just referred to it as an adventure as a metaphor.
Rawr.
Fear me, I bite! >:3
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Jutomi » Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:23 am

Well, lets face it, as long as you're adventuring, it's usually an adventure.
Yeap, I did mean hubby thingy, and I call adventures "levels," but I do thank you for telling me any how that it was a hubby thingy and not an adventure levely... thingy.
Any how, I just wanted to let you know I knew it was a hub thing. :mrgreen:
Your only little stinker that's absolutely NOT a z-bot by this name,
Jutomi~ :mrgreen:

Also, if you want to see my level list, here it is! :D
(Also: List of Hubs, WA Manual)
Oh, and my YT wonderland channel. Forgot about that.
StinkerSquad01
Rainbow AllStar

Post by StinkerSquad01 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:16 pm

Province makes me think they're venturing into Canada. :P [/probably mean somehow]
Blazeknight
Rainbow Master

Post by Blazeknight » Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:22 am

Nice storyline. Looking forward to the screenshots
:D
Happy to Help!

Check out my works @ http://quaziiquce.webs.com
Technos72
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Technos72 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:50 pm

I don't have WA3 yet, but I MIGHT be able to buy it sometime in later spring so I can really do this and fulfil my dream WA project ever since 2010! But I'm just here to share some more updates

I couldn't resist doing this "unoriginal" feature which ET5 did as well. It was supposed to be based off the Dark World levels of Super Meat Boy. Man how I love that game. So the normal world you're in during the adventure in WonderBalance is the "Light Realm" There will be portals posted all around WonderBalance leading to the "Dark Realm". The Dark Realm is a parallel world that includes adventures using the bases of Light Realm ones but made harder. I'll see about fitting this in once I get further through the project.

There will also be special adventures where you can transport into another video game. These games include well-known classics, popular indie titles, and some of my games. They will also be cloned in the Dark Realm.
Technos72
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Technos72 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:56 am

I bought WA3 today. But I'm not going to touch the new editor until I have gotten deep enough in the game. I want to be familiar with most of the elements. Also because I don't want any spoilers in the game. Once I get my hands on the editor, I'll start this. But I should get used to it again.

I have changed major things up. Instead of a giant region, each kingdom will be an island with a main color of the rainbow. It will also have a different thematic world similar to the kind of magic that color has. Not elemental-ish. I'm not sure if you have to go through each of them one at a time or multiple times. Here's are the names and designs of the islands:

Clock Click Wood: Red floing island. Has autumn-style forests and clocks all over the place. You can guess what I'm referencing in the name!

Warzone Plains: Orange pow island. A desolated island of war with barren fields and ruined buildings

Colonel Kernal Industries: Yellow pop island. Has farmlands of corn and factories making popcorn. Led by Colonel Kernal

Lush Leaf Valley: Green grow island. Many areas of forestry and also jungle.

Alza's Alpine: Blue brr island. Full of snow and ice lead by a queen. Also another reference.

Timeshift City: Indigo flash island. A mysterious ghost town with a time machine thing (I'll think of something) that takes you to the future where the ghost town becomes a bright city

Warp Zone: Purple blink island. An island composed of purple stone where the only way to navigate it is by teleporting.