Adventure #53: Corrupted Folder

Post, Download, and Discuss Custom Adventures.
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Adventure #53: Corrupted Folder

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:59 am

Click here to see my level list.

This adventure requires my music pack at Version 4 or higher.

This adventure requires my VR Leveltex. Make sure you change the spaces in the texture names to underscores, otherwise they won't work!

-=-WINDOWS DECALOGY-=-

Part 1: Welcome to Windows 98
Part 2: Corrupted Folder
Part 3: ???
Part 4: ???
Part 5: ???
Part 6: ???
Part 7: ???
Part 8: ???
Part 9: ???
Part 10: ???

Recently, Wonderland Adventures 3: Planet of the Z-Bots has been on my mind. Midnight Synergy said that it was very unlikely, but not impossible, that WA3 would be released before the end of this summer. He mentioned that there would be something special along with the next WA3 picture. This special thing has to be the elections for the WA3 testers and designers! Why else would he say it's not impossible that WA3 could become finished? Needless to say, I'm really excited. If you're a skilled designer, then see if you can get yourself onto the WA3 adventure designing team with me. If you're not an adventure designer, but you just enjoy playing people's adventures, then by all means I recommend you sign up as a WA3 tester! MS should be making the post about this any day now. I'm hoping to see you all on the WA3 team! Assuming I get accepted, of course. So yeah, with WA3's development inevitably approaching, this will probably be one of my last adventures that I post in the Custom Adventures forum for a while. Just a heads up.

Anyways, on to things that are actually relevant to my existing adventures. Recently, I've received some complaints about how I don't take the storyline of my custom adventures seriously. This is mostly because I usually put all of my good story ideas into Evil Toaster 5 (which is a Game Maker platformer game that I've been developing for a while, in case you didn't know). I have to say, ET5 gets really epic later on in the story. In case any of you are wondering whatever happened to the fast development schedule I mentioned for the summer, I've just been getting really distracted with everything ever. It doesn't help that I have driver's ed coming up in a week, so I'm kinda stressed about that too. Anyways, regarding Wonderland Adventures, I'll be keeping the usual amount of slapstick in my custom adventures, but I'm going to try to make the actual storylines more serious and epic. It sounds like you guys would enjoy that more, so I guess I'll be focusing on story a bit more than usual. I have a lot of ideas about what I'll be doing during this whole insane windows plot, and I think you guys will enjoy it.

Now that I have all of that random stuff out of the way, time to talk about the adventure that this topic is supposed to be about. This adventure's challenge is in the form of a single puzzle. But this puzzle is large and difficult. In my opinion, it's the hardest puzzle I've ever created. It's a smotherpuzzle too! I worked hard on it. There might be some loopholes though, but we'll see how it goes.

DISCLAIMER: Carnifex is Emerald141's character.

Good luck, and have fun! :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
yot yot5
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by yot yot5 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:03 am

FIRST DOWNLOAD AND COMMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111 :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:22 pm

Second download and comment *shot* :lol:
llarson
Rainbow Star

Post by llarson » Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:17 pm

YESS! Thank you Kooky :D !
"Cabbage is useless"~Came to me in a dream
"Aparagus is Unlovable"~Common knowledge
"Radishes are Ugly"~Came to my mind
My Level List
yot yot5
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by yot yot5 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:42 pm

First plea for help.

This is a great level, but it's a bit too wide and difficult for me (then again, it probably belongs to Kiki or Billy Bob).
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:21 pm

I don't want to give away the full solution just yet since this adventure just has one puzzle, but I suppose I'll post a hint daily.
Hint #1 wrote:You need to get something to repeatedly press that diamond wood button.
ab-47
Rainbow Star

Post by ab-47 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:39 pm

Nice puzzle! I solved the puzzle very wisely, it's really hard, confusing, but Incredibly designed puzzle! MNIK, you shown me a puzzle no one had ever did since those adventure people made with puzzles were around, thank you so much for this level, I would like to add my results too!

Action (8/10): it had some action there, I had to move so much, but it was annoying with the scritter

Scenery (9/10): nice decoration for identifying each element, for example, purple for the trap, yellow for the springs, I liked the scenery because it was colorful, cool! so as in the place where that shadow stinker with the flames was, just if added a little adjustments there.

Puzzle (10/10)Incredible puzzle!

Story line (9/10) Cool! but I curiously want to know that character with the flames

Bug-free (10/10) if the trap-pop thing isn't a glitch, It's bug free

overall (9/10) excellent level MNIK! this could have been also A great submission for POTZ, I hope I join the team with you MNIK! I'll try my best! :)
LEVEL LIS1
The Hidd3n Archive, Part Four: [36%, In Progress]
The Hidden 4rchive, Part Three (Redeemer's Edition)
The Apocollab [0%, Confirmed, Planning]
Are Cookie and Ash Gay? [Cancelled]
yot yot5
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by yot yot5 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:00 pm

MyNameIsKooky wrote:I don't want to give away the full solution just yet since this adventure just has one puzzle, but I suppose I'll post a hint daily.
Hint #1 wrote:You need to get something to repeatedly press that diamond wood button.
I figured that much out, but thanks anyway!
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:07 pm

Well played, ab! I didn't expect anyone to solve this puzzle so soon. :D
yot yot5 wrote:
MyNameIsKooky wrote:I don't want to give away the full solution just yet since this adventure just has one puzzle, but I suppose I'll post a hint daily.
Well then, I suppose I'll put 2 more hints here today, just to get you going:
Hint #2 wrote:You should do the stuff in Hint #1 first.
Hint #3 wrote:The Scritter exists solely to press the orange circle buttons.
yot yot5
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by yot yot5 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:47 pm

MyNameIsKooky wrote:Well played, ab! I didn't expect anyone to solve this puzzle so soon. :D
yot yot5 wrote:
Well then, I suppose I'll put 2 more hints here today, just to get you going:
Hint #2 wrote:You should do the stuff in Hint #1 first.
Hint #3 wrote:The Scritter exists solely to press the orange circle buttons.
I figured that stuff out too, it's the indigo gates that drive me nuts.
Don't bother putting another hint up today, I'll try a few other things.
|Cookie|
Rainbow Star

Post by |Cookie| » Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:27 pm

I'll try it.
I hope it's not as ab-47 told me on the chat, incredible! :shock:
Previously known as "kidkidaaa1"
My level list
My hub: TTN
Woof Woof
ab-47
Rainbow Star

Post by ab-47 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:58 am

I would like to throw in something as to help the others, if you don't mind...

here's something that made the puzzle easy to be solved.
Hint wrote:the puzzle consists of two puzzles, the first one is the solution, while the other is only random puzzle that is getting in your way and you mustn't solve it....If you want to win ofcourse...
Sorry about this MNIK, but I really wanted to help since it requires critical thinking. :oops:
LEVEL LIS1
yot yot5
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by yot yot5 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:09 am

Ok, here's my reasoning:
1: I only have 3 cyan keys.
2: I have to open the cyan gate at the end, the gate by the spring near the end, the gate by the red button, and the gate by the turtle.
3: This means I have to avoid opening one of these gates, or use the button.
4: The only way I can see at the moment is to press the blue button, get the turtle to the wood button area, and use my three keys on the three remaining gates.
5: I can't see any way to get from the button to the turtle fast enough.
AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

Edit: Kooky, which RTW level did you get your inspiration from (or is it your own design)? I'd like to see if I can solve this in RTW format.
ab-47
Rainbow Star

Post by ab-47 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:11 am

here's a little hint to add for you yotyot! :wink:
Don't press all the indigo buttons in the spikeyball area at first...
LEVEL LIS1
yot yot5
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by yot yot5 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:28 pm

ab-47 wrote:here's a little hint to add for you yotyot! :wink:
Don't press all the indigo buttons in the spikeyball area at first...
I knew that too (this is becoming a regular thing!).

I've even solved the puzzle at the end using just my spy-eye! It's the red button and the indigo gates near the end that are bugging me. :x
yot yot5
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by yot yot5 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:35 pm

I finally cracked the cyan gates, now I'm stuck on the red teleporters. :evil:
llarson
Rainbow Star

Post by llarson » Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:50 pm

I'm still stuck at the cyan gates, and I can only collect two keys :oops: .
EDIT: I'm kinda having trouble with the first part. Sorry if my logic confused you.
"Cabbage is useless"~Came to me in a dream
"Aparagus is Unlovable"~Common knowledge
"Radishes are Ugly"~Came to my mind
My Level List
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:48 pm

yot yot5 wrote:Edit: Kooky, which RTW level did you get your inspiration from (or is it your own design)? I'd like to see if I can solve this in RTW format.
It's my own design.
yot yot5 wrote:I finally cracked the cyan gates, now I'm stuck on the red teleporters. :evil:
Hint #4 wrote:The DragonTurtle should go into the red teleporter before you press the red button. After that, the teleporter must never be used again.
In the case that you have already figured that out, I'm not sure how you're stuck.
llarson wrote:I'm still stuck at the cyan gates, and I can only collect two keys :oops: .
Hint #5 wrote:The first thing you need to do is get the DragonTurtle over to the wood button. Don't touch the cyan button yet.
yot yot5
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by yot yot5 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:12 pm

I did it! I got confused because I thought you needed a pop charge to get the scritter through the gate.

Great adventure! I'm amazed you made such a fantastic puzzle in WA format, some of the puzzles reminded me of RTW so much! Thanks for the fantastic brain-workout.
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:15 pm

Thanks! Expect more puzzles like this in the future. :D
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:54 am

MyNameIsKooky wrote:Thanks! Expect more puzzles like this in the future. :D
NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! etc. :lol:

I'm stuck right at the beginning. WHERE DO I START?!
Master Wonder Mage
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Master Wonder Mage » Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:56 am

Yes! I'm not the only one who feels that way. When I see this sort of puzzle, my brain collapses.
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:15 am

For me, the best way to solve these puzzles is to work backwards. Think about what you'll need to get through the last obstacle(s) of the puzzle (be it a gate, water, etc) and how you'll get that stuff you need.

Whenever you see something you want to attempt doing (like moving that DragonTurtle), I recommend doing it while trying to affect as few other things in the puzzle as possible.

Check out Hint #5 in my post before my previous post to hear how to start this puzzle.
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:24 am

Master Wonder Mage wrote:When I see this sort of puzzle, my brain collapses.
AGREED.

That explains why neither of us are particularly skilled at making smotherpuzzles. :lol: :oops:
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:29 am

That's nothing to be ashamed about. I'm pretty sure I'm the only person who has ever made a smotherpuzzle in WA, anyways. Or maybe not, since I never really played any adventures that came out in the Custom Adventures section prior to 2010.
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:29 am

Deleted
Last edited by Wonderman109 on Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:30 am

You seem to want to troll me a lot.
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:41 am

DELETED
Last edited by Wonderman109 on Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:45 am

Wonderman109 wrote:I am making a large-scale smotherpuzzle in 'The Results of Pshyco Editing,' which will be a crazy standalone adventure.
No one cares. Go advertise somewhere else.

Anyways, BACK ON TOPIC.
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:46 am

Working on solving your level...I keep messing up like the unorganized person I am in adventure games. :lol: :oops: