15th Adventure: Under The Snow

Post, Download, and Discuss Custom Adventures.
yot yot5
Rainbow SuperStar

15th Adventure: Under The Snow

Post by yot yot5 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:13 pm

This adventure will suck without Kooky's Ambiance Pack.

===The Wonderstone Trilogy===
Part 1: The Doomed Pyramid
Part 2: The First Age
Part 3: Under The Snow

This adventure took me many hours to create, and I'm rather happy with the result. It has its good moments and its bad moments, but overall a very long and very tricky adventure in the dark... :twisted:

===GOOD MOMENTS===
1: The first three cutscenes are very nice. The 2nd and 3rd are rather funny, and the 1st is just epic.
2: The world's first Dangerous Hub
3: Nine invisible monster puzzle areas (I never want to see another invisible monster in my life!).

===BAD MOMENTS===
1: The 4th cutscene is a bit messy and hard to understand.
2: A few of the effects are very hard to make well, and they look awkward.
3: The turtle area is over-hard, but I couldn't bring myself to make it easier (everyone loves a challenge, right?).

I'm a bit tired of these dialogue/puzzle mega-adventures, so my next series (The Wondertown Invasion Pentalogy) will have adventures focusing on a very paticular gameplay element (action, exploration, magic, or smotherpuzzles). It'll make them easier to make and a bit easier to play!

Please download Dark Drago's "cavern1" texture.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ab-47
Rainbow Star

Post by ab-47 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:32 pm

FIRST COMMENT AND FIRST DOWNLOAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111!!!!!11!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

dropping the joking statement, this has to stop...
LEVEL LIS1
The Hidd3n Archive, Part Four: [33%, Paused]
The Hidden 4rchive, Part Three (Redeemer's Edition)
The Apocollab [0%, Confirmed, Planning]
Are Cookie and Ash Gay? [Cancelled]
Master Wonder Mage
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Master Wonder Mage » Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:50 pm

And I noticed yesterday that the hub for The Lost Voyage is pretty dangerous between glitches, random lava spots, collapsing bridges, and all that fun stuff.
ab-47
Rainbow Star

Post by ab-47 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:40 pm

I just realized while playing this adventure that shadow stinkers has the same texture of the waterfalls... :roll:
LEVEL LIS1
|Cookie|
Rainbow Star

Post by |Cookie| » Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:01 pm

ab-47 wrote:I just realized while playing this adventure that shadow stinkers has the same texture of the waterfalls... :roll:
Me too, when ab-47 told me about that in the chat, i looked carfull at the shadow stinkers, it's the same as waterfall texture! :shock:
This adevnutre looking cool.
Previously known as "kidkidaaa1"
My level list
My hub: TTN
Woof Woof
ab-47
Rainbow Star

Post by ab-47 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:45 pm

sorry for the DP

This level was sure cool! but I hope don't meet the invisible army of monsters again, it's really annoying though (yes, I'm pointing at you, spikeyballs in the dark) but I loved cut scenes so much! I understood everything so I don't think you should mark the fourth cut scene as a "very hard to understand" moment.
LEVEL LIS1
llarson
Rainbow Star

Post by llarson » Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:25 pm

Downloading 8) YAY!
"Cabbage is useless"~Came to me in a dream
"Aparagus is Unlovable"~Common knowledge
"Radishes are Ugly"~Came to my mind
My Level List
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:01 pm

This was a great adventure, except most of the invisible monster areas were more trial and error than anything. Also, this may sound evil, but I love how dark your story is getting!

EVERYONE IS OBSESSED WITH STINKY, LOOF, QOOKIE, AND PEEGUE!!! Ah well, I guess I'll have to make my own take on their origins soon.
yot yot5
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by yot yot5 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:07 am

MyNameIsKooky wrote:EVERYONE IS OBSESSED WITH STINKY, LOOF, QOOKIE, AND PEEGUE!!! Ah well, I guess I'll have to make my own take on their origins soon.
I don't want to include them too much. I just needed a group of adventurers to grab the staff from Imix, so I chose them.
Dark Drago
Rainbow Master

Post by Dark Drago » Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:30 pm

Great...
Its dark, its coool...
I like the invisible thingys and spooky-spiikys in the dark too...
NICE! :D
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:55 am

I admit after playing several of your levels YotYot, I am quite intrigued. Like with all big levels I play,

(some instances include your 'The Doomed Pyramid,' Emerald's 'Stinky, Loof, Qookie, and Peegue,' MNIK's 'Mr. Zurkon's Retarded Holiday II', and my own 'The Old Academy of Magic,' )

I am excited to play but scared that the sheer size of the level alone will guarantee that I'll get stuck somewhere.

:) Curiosity is a curious thing, no?
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:51 pm

DP finished your level. IT WAS AWESOME AND CREEPY AT THE SAME TIME! :3
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Re: 15th Adventure: Under The Snow

Post by Wonderman109 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:47 am

Sorry to TP
yot yot5 wrote:I never want to see another invisible monster in my life!.
How exactly can you see an invisible object of any sort...? :lol: *shot*

GRADINGS:

Storyline: 17/17 Everything was excellent here. The fourth cutscene was no worse than the others; why did you find it worse than the other three? :?

Action: 17/17 Amazing job here.

Puzzle: 17/17 There wasn't a lot, but you had to think in most of the puzzle areas still.

Scenery: 16/17 Everything's fine other than that you made the invisible fireflowers in the 2nd main cave on damp spots, so you can sort of 'see' them.

Glitch-Free: 15/16 In the last cutscene, when you turn into a shadow stinker, you can see the real you from inside it...

Boring-Parts-Free: 16/16 Despite some caverns had no obstacles, the creepy background kept things interesting. :)

FINAL MARK: 98/100 :D :shock:

It looks to me you might become the greatest level maker here soon, YotYot!
ILoveWonderland
Rainbow Master

Post by ILoveWonderland » Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:54 pm

This trilogy has been very interesting! The story in particular has kept me hooked! However, there were a lot of things in this trilogy that didn't make sense to me.

-Why was Balrash in Forrock?
-Why did Balrash try to take the wonderstone to the doomed yellow charger?
-If Balrash was near death when he wrote his last note, then why was he still alive after being trapped in the future for thousands of years?
-Who put the wonderstone on the doomed magic charger if it wasn't Balrash?
-Why was the pyramid in the future surrounded by the void?
-Why was Balrash in the future, and how did he get trapped?
-When the player and Balrash went to the Wondercaves, was it during the present or the future? (I'm pretty sure it was the present, but it was never really specified.)
Insert stupid jokes here.
yot yot5
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by yot yot5 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:06 pm

ILoveWonderland wrote:This trilogy has been very interesting! The story in particular has kept me hooked! However, there were a lot of things in this trilogy that didn't make sense to me.

-Why was Balrash in Forrock?
He lived there with Cryonax (until he was banished).
-Why did Balrash try to take the wonderstone to the doomed yellow charger?
Because the time-travel powers wouldn't work without it. I forgot to write down this plot-point in any of the dialogues.
-If Balrash was near death when he wrote his last note, then why was he still alive after being trapped in the future for thousands of years?
He was out of POWER, not life. He didn't have the power to teleport away or fight any monsters, but as he's an immortal PTRF member the time didn't matter (being locked in a cage is a lot easier than fighting your way through a pyramid!).
-Who put the wonderstone on the doomed magic charger if it wasn't Balrash?
He put it there. He placed it on the charger, messed up the spell because of his lack of power, and ended up in the future instead of the past.
-Why was the pyramid in the future surrounded by the void?
Just to make it look dramatic and future-ish
-Why was Balrash in the future, and how did he get trapped?
He messed up the time-travel spell and ended up locked in the cage (see above)
-When the player and Balrash went to the Wondercaves, was it during the present or the future? (I'm pretty sure it was the present, but it was never really specified.)
I never really figured that one out, but I guess it's the present.
Nobody
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Nobody » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:20 pm

I'm on the third turtle. I know of two ways to detect them, but both are faulty and I will ki... uh, probably give up before I succeed.
i should change my signature to be rude to people who hate pictures of valves
yot yot5
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by yot yot5 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:28 pm

Nobody wrote:I'm on the third turtle. I know of two ways to detect them, but both are faulty and I will ki... uh, probably give up before I succeed.
TURTLE DETECTOR wrote:When an invisible turtle moves over your mouse, the movement marker will vanish. Try holding your mouse in front of the turtle after it moves out of a gate to see what I mean.

REMEMBER THE SAVE/LOAD TURTLE GLITCH!!! If you load a game and don't move, the turtle will walk straight through you!
Nobody
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Nobody » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:49 pm

I beat it. Now to move on to the current series...
i should change my signature to be rude to people who hate pictures of valves