Adventure 10: The Copycat Locks

Post, Download, and Discuss Custom Adventures.
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Adventure 10: The Copycat Locks

Post by Wonderman109 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:01 am

Evil King, your odd monarch 'friend,' and you escape an academy now full of chompers through a mysteriously deep, dangerous, and dark basement that seems like a sewer. Haunting dreams that follow you in the dark passages create foreshadowing for the villainous darkness you'll face in the levels to come...

This is the first adventure I've made that reflects my style of puzzle. It uses the old 'Copycat' concept used in older levels and in other games and I revived it so everyone can try it out! :D

This level is my first with cutscenes, and I used the Copycat concept to make the world's first dangerous cutscene. (It's still a small example, don't worry yet.) The cutscene that's dangerous also has a dialog with choices... :o

Requires Little Z-Bot's music pack.

Also requires the Sewer Falls texture I cropped from the standard watertex; it's used for the sewer monsters in the rock area, the green waterfalls in the drainage, and the epic boss thwart. 8)

As always, have fun and comment on anything you liked or that needs improvement or just is bad. :)

EDIT: Missing sick orangechomper.bmp uploaded.

Remember to download textures in my post 2 down from here or you won't enjoy the cutscenes :!:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Wonderman109 on Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
llarson
Rainbow Star

Post by llarson » Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:10 am

Scary scritter is missing.
"Cabbage is useless"~Came to me in a dream
"Aparagus is Unlovable"~Common knowledge
"Radishes are Ugly"~Came to my mind
My Level List
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:30 pm

Whoops, I forgot it. :oops: Here you go. :)

It also occured to me that the cutscene you need the texture in would look better with a different texture. Sorry about that. :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Wonderman109 on Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:31 pm

EDIT: Dp glitch again. Sorry.
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:38 pm

DP Glad to see lots of downloads, but has anyone finished? Or is this another outbreak of commenting-laziness? :P
llarson
Rainbow Star

Post by llarson » Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:25 pm

Wonderman109 wrote:DP Glad to see lots of downloads, but has anyone finished? Or is this another outbreak of commenting-laziness? :P
I'm too lazy to finish but all I can say is that the first cut scene was freaky :shock: . No offence, I got lazy when I saw the ice part :P . I might get back to it soon.
My Level List
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:05 am

Are you referring to the 2nd copycat puzzle with ice waves or the ice-in-the-dark puzzle after the blink springs?

Also, all the cutscenes are meant to be scary. This level begins the foreshadowing and unraveling of my long, twisted, Lost-Wonderland plot. :wink: If you enjoyed the low 'freakiness' here, you'll definitely like my future levels. :)
llarson
Rainbow Star

Post by llarson » Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:32 am

Wonderman109 wrote:Are you referring to the 2nd copycat puzzle with ice waves or the ice-in-the-dark puzzle after the blink springs?

Also, all the cutscenes are meant to be scary. This level begins the foreshadowing and unraveling of my long, twisted, Lost-Wonderland plot. :wink: If you enjoyed the low 'freakiness' here, you'll definitely like my future levels. :)
The 2nd copycat puzzle :P . Can't wait for more :wink: .
My Level List
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:40 am

Alright, no one's grading me, so

FAQs! :D

What is generally most important to know when you are solving a Copycat puzzle?
Spoiler wrote: You should use your spy-eye for the ice patches and mazes more but more your hearing for the fireflowers and spikeyballs in the walls. For the tall wall area, use both simultaneously.
How do you direct the spikeyball in the room proceeding after the first cutscene room?
Spoiler wrote: Round buttons can be popped to close gates.
How come the firetraps in the tall wall copycat puzzle don't singe Evil King?
Spoiler wrote: Evil King is too awesome and also is wearing his immune-to-firetraps crown at that moment. >:3
How do you solve the green, grey, black, and yellow gate-key puzzle in the rock area?
Spoiler wrote:
1. Think ahead before you leap.
2. Every square has a key or gem on it.
3. Save your game in multiple slots.
In the third regular Copycat puzzle, Evil King keeps running into springs! What do I do?
Spoiler wrote: EK is tired from carrying his equipment by then so he's very slow. Wait 3 seconds after you move each square in the spring maze.
How do you blink in the dark?
Spoiler wrote: Try looking at the screen from different angles and find one for you that gives you light.
Any tips for the boss fight?
Spoiler wrote:
1. Save often. Use at least 2 save-slots.
2. Use your blink magic. You have 8 once-chargers for a reason! :o
3. Don't step on purple void squares. They kill you.
4. Watch out when you're near the gates, spikeyballs can come from them at any time.
5. Don't give up! It's possible!
Last edited by Wonderman109 on Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yot yot5
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by yot yot5 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:30 pm

This is a great adventure! I'm working on the boss at the moment. I'll tell you when I'm done!
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:34 pm

The boss will definitely be a recurring character, that's guaranteed! :lol:

EDIT: Done yet? :lol: