18th Adventure: Foggy Footprints

Post, Download, and Discuss Custom Adventures.
yot yot5
Rainbow SuperStar

18th Adventure: Foggy Footprints

Post by yot yot5 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:01 pm

You'll need My music pack to hear all the music in this adventure!

===The Wondertown Invasion Pentalogy===
Part 1: The Wonderbank Nightmare
Part 2: Foggy Footprints
Part 3: Shadow Of The Storm
Part 4: Metalwork
Part 5: The Last Mistake

Don't. Say. A word.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by yot yot5 on Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:25 pm

I'm STUMPED. :o :lol:
yot yot5
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by yot yot5 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:25 pm

Wonderman109 wrote:I'm STUMPED. :o :lol:
Thank god. :lol:

No hints for a while, sorry!
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:59 pm

:evil: :shock:

Ok not really...

Oh, I forgot: A. WORD. :lol:
StinkerSquad01
Rainbow AllStar

Post by StinkerSquad01 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:11 pm

Wonderman109 wrote::evil: :shock:

Ok not really...

Oh, I forgot: A. WORD. :lol:
YOUR BRAINS ARE AS GOOD AS MASHED POTATOES
and then his brain was mashed by yot yot
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:28 am

O RLY? *searches for "Oh yeah? face but doesn't find one*

Great level, yotyot! This took me a good 20 minutes to figure out! :) :wink:
Nobody
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Nobody » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:09 pm

BAH

I get everything I have to do, but order is really important and I can't figure the order out.
i should change my signature to be rude to people who hate pictures of valves
yot yot5
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by yot yot5 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:04 pm

Nobody wrote:I get everything I have to do,
I doubt you have...

It's been a while, so here is the MAJOR secret of this adventure:
MAJOR SPOILER wrote:You only need to use three turtles at the turtle area on the eastern side. Swimming turtles can still stop each other.
Nobody
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Nobody » Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:07 am

AND HOW DO I USE THAT???

EDIT: Hmm... maybe by... EDIT2: WOAH WAIT! D'oh...? EDIT3: THAT DARNED CAGE TRAP! Going through that area two times is the only way I can see to win this adventure... EDIT4: Well, I figured out to have 5 coins and 1 Brr Charge when I enter the cage, but that hardly matters.
yot yot5
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by yot yot5 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:06 am

Full solution:
MASSIVE SPOILERS wrote:1: Go to the turtle area. You need to reach the three coins using only three turtles.
2: Stand one square to the west of the top-right corner of the turtle movement ring. When the first turtle comes along it should turn right. The instant the first turtle turns right, step three squares to the west. When the second turtle is just about to hit you, step one square south-east. The two turtles should collide.
3: Use the third turtle to reach the easternmost coin.
4: Stand in the top-right corner of the turtle movement ring. When the final turtle turns left, walk to the collapsing bridges you use to exit the turtle area. STOP on the FIRST collapsing bridge. The turtle should bump into you and turn left.
5: Run to the white teleporter and enter it. Run back to the tele-station in the middle of the adventure. The turtle should keep swimming and stop by the turtle fort on the north-western part of the adventure.
6: Walk west and bounce on the spring. The next step is tricky, so save your game.
7: Use the four turtles inside the turtle fort to make a bridge from the fort island to the island with Yanzeex's Base. Use the turtle from step 4/5 to help you direct the turtles. You'll also need to use the blue gems, the white key, and the non-collapsed bridge to Yanzeex's Base as blockers.
8: Cross your new turtle bridge and bounce onto the brown button, opening the cage. Collect the magic gloves. Step onto the blue button and bounce west.
9: Just before the blue teleporter is completely activated, step east. You should bounce west INTO the now completely active blue teleporter and land on the indigo button.
10: Herd the scritter around the tele-station and onto the metal button. Unlock the northern white gate and charge your brr. Run past the scritter, herd it back south and onto the button, use five brr charges to cross the water holes, and collect the fourth coin.
11: Head BACK to the metal button area and herd the scritter back to the tele-station. Herd west and onto the spring to the turtle fort. Follow the scritter and use four brr charges to collect your final coin.
12: Herd the scritter across your epic chain of turtles and into the open cage. Follow it, and enter the base!!!
CONGRATULATIONS!!! You've just completed one of my most difficult puzzles!!! :D
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:24 pm

Slight alteration for people who aren't fast enough:
MASSIVE SPOILERS wrote: 1: Go to the spring and get to the fort island. Collect the white key and gem. Use the west bridge and part of the central bridge, then go on the white teleporter back to the central area.

2: Go to the turtle area. You need to reach the three coins using only three turtles.

3: Stand one square to the west of the top-right corner of the turtle movement ring. When the first turtle comes along it should turn right. The instant the first turtle turns right, step three squares to the west. When the second turtle is just about to hit you, step one square south-east. The two turtles should collide.

4: Use the third turtle to reach the easternmost coin.

5: Stand in the top-right corner of the turtle movement ring. When the final turtle turns left, walk to the collapsing bridges you use to exit the turtle area. STOP on the FIRST collapsing bridge. The turtle should bump into you and turn left. The turtle should keep swimming and stop by the turtle fort on the north-western part of the adventure.

6: Go across the east bridge. Collect the magic gloves. Step past the age, opening it, onto the blue button and bounce west. Just before the blue teleporter is completely activated, step east. You should bounce west INTO the now completely active blue teleporter and land on the indigo button.

7. Unlock the northern white gate and charge your magic gloves with Brr. Herd the scritter around the onto the metal button. Run past the scritter, herd it back south and onto the button, go through the metal gate, use five brr charges to cross the water holes, collect the fourth coin, and open the indigo gate.

7: The next step is tricky, so save your game. Guide the scritter onto the spring. Use the four turtles inside the turtle fort to make a bridge from the fort island to the island with Yanzeex's Base. Use the turtle from step 4/5 to help you direct the other turtles. If you move alongside the turtles, you can direct each to the bridge gap without using any blockers other than you and (optionally) the scritter.

8: Use the last 4 Brr chargers to collect the 5th coin. Chase the scritter across your new turtle bridge and bounce it into the cage. Bounce into it and go open the tollgate.
Nobody
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Nobody » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:39 pm

I never used the items or bridges as blockers, so I ended up with a random decoy bridge
yot yot5
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by yot yot5 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:53 am

Nobody wrote:
I never used the items or bridges as blockers, so I ended up with a random decoy bridge
Yeah, Wonderman's solution uses that. I don't really care, though. You just do the different bits in a different order and you still have to solve the 3-turtle puzzle and the teleporter-spring special move.