Adventure #20: Into The Rainbow

Post, Download, and Discuss Custom Adventures.
TheThaumaturge
Rainbow Master

Adventure #20: Into The Rainbow

Post by TheThaumaturge » Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:26 pm

You will need the latest version of my music pack to listen to the music in this adventure!

TRANSCENDANT SEPTALOGY (Subject to Changes)
1. Transcended
2. Into The Rainbow
3. ?????
4. ?????
5. ?????
6. ?????
7. ?????

After finding Stinky inside the witch doctor's abandoned house and gaining access to Spectrum Fields, Valdor Darkflame and you must head to the Indigo Metropolis, where Stinky is waiting for your arrival. Can you get past the challenges that the Spectrum Fields hold?

I am quite pleased with how this adventure turned out, scenery-wise and puzzle-wise. I had lots of fun designing it, and I hope you have fun playing it as well! :)

IMPORTANT: Most of the adventures in this septalogy, if not all of them, will require the alternate Hills textures, alternate trees, alternate mushrooms, etc. that you can find here. I suggest you download them, as this adventure needs them! Once you are in that topic, scroll down to the end of the page, as one of the textures had to be attached in a separate post.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Into The Rainbow!

Next Adventure: The Federation: 0%

Gentleman Scientist Supreme.

boh123321
Rainbow Wizard

Post by boh123321 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:39 pm

Looking forward to playing it!
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:05 pm

Ack, I deleted my post as you were replying. What I wrote was: "Where is the mushroom spectrum?" I found the link as you were replying and deleted my post as you...hmm. Ouch. :lol: :oops:
TheThaumaturge
Rainbow Master

Post by TheThaumaturge » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:09 pm

Haha impeccable timing, yes. :lol:
Into The Rainbow!

yot yot5
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by yot yot5 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:13 pm

Yay, it's here. I'll play now. :)
Nobody
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Nobody » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:27 pm

I can't find any mushrooms in the recolor pack.
i should change my signature to be rude to people who hate pictures of valves
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:44 pm

Here we go again..there's a link to MediaFire in Ice's post, look carefully.

Ice: Awesome level! Indigo is my favourite colour, so I really enjoyed this level! :D
TheThaumaturge
Rainbow Master

Post by TheThaumaturge » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:48 pm

I really ought to make that part of the post in bold, many people are missing it. :3

Wonderman: Glad you liked it! There's a little more indigo to come. 8)
Into The Rainbow!

yot yot5
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by yot yot5 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:26 pm

I've solved the tollgate puzzle, but I need some help now. How do I reach the second bridge button? I can't find a green key anywhere.
Nobody
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Nobody » Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:02 pm

YOUR ADVENTURES ARE AWESOME!

And yot yot, you actually have to walk straight up to the locked green gate. Then you still won't have a key, but you'll be closer to your destination anyway.
TheThaumaturge
Rainbow Master

Post by TheThaumaturge » Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:11 pm

Nobody wrote:YOUR ADVENTURES ARE AWESOME!

And yot yot, you actually have to walk straight up to the locked green gate. Then you still won't have a key, but you'll be closer to your destination anyway.
Why thank you good sir. :3

And yes, you have to walk right up to the gate, Yot Yot.
Into The Rainbow!

yot yot5
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by yot yot5 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:19 pm

I walked up to the green gate, and nothing happened (or seems to be happening).

:?: :?: :?:
TheThaumaturge
Rainbow Master

Post by TheThaumaturge » Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:24 pm

Oh, did you walk up to the Green Shard first? You have to stand at the end of the broken bridge thing to activate it.
Into The Rainbow!

yot yot5
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by yot yot5 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:07 pm

TheThaumaturge wrote:Oh, did you walk up to the Green Shard first? You have to stand at the end of the broken bridge thing to activate it.
That would've been nice to know. :evil:
TheThaumaturge
Rainbow Master

Post by TheThaumaturge » Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:11 pm

yot yot5 wrote:That would've been nice to know. :evil:
Well, I thought that out of curiosity most people would walk up to it. D:
Into The Rainbow!

yot yot5
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by yot yot5 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:46 am

STORYLINE: 18/20
Good, but nothing really happened in this adventure. It’s a good idea to try and include at least one major plot point in each of your adventures. I’ve always found “just travelling” adventures a bit boring to play (and design!!!). You did have the mysterious green shard though, so I only took away 2 points.

SCENERY: 20/20
Blah blah blah. :lol:

PUZZLES: 10/20
Scritter puzzle 3/6: I’m sorry, but scritter puzzles are just getting a bit too repetitive to be fun. They’re becoming the new “bridge chain”, albeit in your adventures only.
Coingate puzzle 2/7: I spent half an hour trying to solve this puzzle, AND ALL YOU HAD TO DO WAS FIND A FEW HIDDEN CONIS??? Even worse, the puzzle was extremely easy after you found the hidden coins. This isn’t a coingate “puzzle” anymore; this is just a hidden coins and fake walls exploration.
Ice/bog puzzles 5/7: Good, but these are becoming another new “bridge chain”. You can make some very fun ice puzzles, but just “getting to the other side” is getting a bit boring now.

ACTION: 14/20
Spring/magic area 10/10: Unique, fun, and very clever! Great job!
Flying blink area 4/10: These are getting used as another new “bridge chain”. Not just in your adventures, but all over the community. STOP USING THE BLINK-SPRING FLYING-STINKER THINGS, FOLKS!!!!

GLITCH-FREE: 16/20
Good, but I had a very big problem with the green shard/gate general commands. It would’ve been much better to include a few extra command 21s. For example:

1: When you enter the green shard area, you could place a command saying: “I should get a closer look at that!”
2: When you leave the coingate area, you could place a command saying: “There seems to be a strange feeling of power coming from that gate down there…”

OVERALL: 78/100
This was much better than Transcended, but you REALLY should start working on some original puzzle ideas.

P.S: Here's a funny pic!!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by yot yot5 on Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:27 pm

I think you're being a bit harsh, 'son.'
TheThaumaturge
Rainbow Master

Post by TheThaumaturge » Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:45 pm

yot yot5 wrote: -Snippy-
I'm glad you liked this one more than Transcended, but I feel like you rate adventures way too harsh. (Or mine, at least.) I WAS trying to be original on the puzzles here, I tried not to base on other people's puzzles, but it is VERY hard to have an idea and it not being used by anyone else.

I thought it was fun D:
Into The Rainbow!

yot yot5
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by yot yot5 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:58 pm

TheThaumaturge wrote:I'm glad you liked this one more than Transcended, but I feel like you rate adventures way too harsh. (Or mine, at least.)
100/100 is impossible (at least, I think it should be). Critisism is much more important than compliments.
TheThaumaturge wrote:I WAS trying to be original on the puzzles here, I tried not to base on other people's puzzles, but it is VERY hard to have an idea and it not being used by anyone else.
You CAN make good puzzles, like the spring/magic area and the coingate area. But you completely messed up the coingate area by hiding loads of coins! It would've been much better if you only hid ONE coin behind the wall, then you would've still gotten people to think about how to use it. But hiding THREE just completely messed up the balance of the puzzle. I may be sounding harsh, but I'm just trying to help you improve your adventures in the future.
TheThaumaturge wrote:I thought it was fun D:
I thought it was fun, too. :)
TheThaumaturge
Rainbow Master

Post by TheThaumaturge » Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:11 pm

yot yot5 wrote: 100/100 is impossible (at least, I think it should be). Critisism is much more important than compliments.
No, that I understand, only an excellent adventure would get a 100, and as for the criticism, it's not that I can't take it, it's just that the way you worded it sounded a bit hostile. D:
yot yot5 wrote:You CAN make good puzzles, like the spring/magic area and the coingate area. But you completely messed up the coingate area by hiding loads of coins! It would've been much better if you only hid ONE coin behind the wall, then you would've still gotten people to think about how to use it. But hiding THREE just completely messed up the balance of the puzzle. I may be sounding harsh, but I'm just trying to help you improve your adventures in the future.
I actually thought that the coins were pretty easy to find, and those three even more, considering there was a path leading right to them. But yeah, the coingate puzzle was hard to make, and I didn't want to put all of the coins out in the open. :3
yot yot5 wrote:I thought it was fun, too. :)
I couldn't easily tell from the review. 3:
Into The Rainbow!

yot yot5
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by yot yot5 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:27 pm

TheThaumaturge wrote:No, that I understand, only an excellent adventure would get a 100, and as for the criticism, it's not that I can't take it, it's just that the way you worded it sounded a bit hostile. D:
I don't see how it could be any less hostile without being dishonest.
The Thaumaturge wrote:I actually thought that the coins were pretty easy to find, and those three even more, considering there was a path leading right to them. But yeah, the coingate puzzle was hard to make, and I didn't want to put all of the coins out in the open. :3
For some users they might be very easy to find, but spending 30 minutes slowly working through a puzzle logically and then seeing some hidden coins seemed to make all my hard work for nothing. I don't want to get into a huge argument, just try not to hide items in future adventures.
TheThaumaturge wrote:I couldn't easily tell from the review. 3:
The problems don't cause hardcore boredom. In fact, it's actually very hard to make a boring adventure, but every adventure has problems which make it less enjoying than it could have been.
Nobody
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Nobody » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:21 pm

I... I thought it was good.