Adventure 2: Prologue for the Dimension Wars

Post, Download, and Discuss Custom Adventures.
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Adventure 2: Prologue for the Dimension Wars

Post by Wonderman109 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:38 pm

I've already decided on the beginning of my next storyline. Here is a small prologue to give you an idea. The two ambiance tracks required are included in the zip. :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Wonderman109 on Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
yot yot5
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by yot yot5 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:43 am

Not bad, but there were a few things that annoyed me:

1: THE ENDING OF THIS ADVENTURE IS JUST LIKE THE ENDING OF THE DOOMED PYRAMID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111 :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

2: There wasn't a single puzzle or action moment in this adventure. There may be some later, but I think you should have a little more content before making another preview. BUT...

3: Previews are normally not uploaded on this forum. You can ask somebody to test the adventure, but re-releasing the first part of the adventure again and again just for a bit of extra feedback seems a bit lazy to some (including me). By the time you finish this adventure, nobody will want to play because they've already completed the first part.

Other than that, I thought it was great. It was mysterious, a bit spooky, and good fun!
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:58 am

yot yot5 wrote: Not bad, but there were a few things that annoyed me:

1: THE ENDING OF THIS ADVENTURE IS JUST LIKE THE ENDING OF THE DOOMED PYRAMID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111 :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Yes, this type of plot concept is getting cliche. PROBLEM????????//////????
yot yot5 wrote: 2: There wasn't a single puzzle or action moment in this adventure. There may be some later, but I think you should have a little more content before making another preview. BUT...
It's a prologue; puzzles aren't really necessary.
yot yot5 wrote: 3: Previews are normally not uploaded on this forum. You can ask somebody to test the adventure, but re-releasing the first part of the adventure again and again just for a bit of extra feedback seems a bit lazy to some (including me). By the time you finish this adventure, nobody will want to play because they've already completed the first part.
This will not be part of my 1st adventure. It will be included in a later adventure, maybe, when the player begins remembering their former life as an alien whose name began with the letter Q, *cue cliche again*

For now, it's just a prologue. I already have some progress on my 3rd adventure and it has little to do with what's in this level. I renamed the title, there.
yot yot5 wrote: Other than that, I thought it was great. It was mysterious, a bit spooky, and good fun!
Welp.
Nobody
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Nobody » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:39 am

Wonderman109 wrote:

You copy someone and then say their plot is getting cliche? Why not just be original?
i should change my signature to be rude to people who hate pictures of valves
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:58 am

Nobody wrote:
Wonderman109 wrote:

You copy someone and then say their plot is getting cliche? Why not just be original?
Not the plot; the concept of amnesia and of being teleported by strange people who you don't really know. BTW yot yot was talking about the last wlv, not the plot. Sorry, I had no inspiration for a better 'teleporting' end of the level. :(

Also: Have you actually played the level?
Blazeknight
Rainbow Master

Post by Blazeknight » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:08 am

The adventure was spooky and has quite a mystery. I like it. Although, there is hardly any originality in it,