ADV # 3 The Hateful Trollgate

Post, Download, and Discuss Custom Adventures.
llarson
Rainbow Star

ADV # 3 The Hateful Trollgate

Post by llarson » Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:56 pm

Requires: Kooky's Music Pack

and his ambience pack

IDK

I tried to do better.

And yes this is a remake of my first "Adventure"
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Cabbage is useless"~Came to me in a dream
"Aparagus is Unlovable"~Common knowledge
"Radishes are Ugly"~Came to my mind
My Level List
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:03 am

Sadly, you're not doing much better. Although I see you tried, there are still frustrating puzzles, bad scenery, missing invisible walls, obvious spelling errors, glitches, and worst of all, I could only get 20 out of 67 coins and I don't know why. :cry:

Please quit with the ideas of invisible button puzzles and scary scenes with humour. They just don't work. Remember that certain objects act like floors even active even when placed on walls.
llarson
Rainbow Star

Post by llarson » Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:08 am

DX

and the coin thing is because of the room full of coins towards the end. I'm probably going to start part 4 now even though this was fail.
"Cabbage is useless"~Came to me in a dream
"Aparagus is Unlovable"~Common knowledge
"Radishes are Ugly"~Came to my mind
My Level List
StinkerSquad01
Rainbow AllStar

Post by StinkerSquad01 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:21 am

I'm not sure why you would continue trying to make a series if the predecessors received poor feedback. When starting the series, people will lose interest at the beginning, and the later adventures will simply be ignored, because people will assume, "Oh, it's more of that guy's levels, meh. *skip*"
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:32 am

I'm sorry I worded it offensively. This isn't a complete fail. You had good ideas; but you missed out on small details that made a huge difference; more than I can count.

Here are your tips:

1. Make sure you can get all the coins in the adventure. if necessary, put an infinite coin generator at the end by making a super-fast spikeyball re-activate a coin endlessly.

2. Rotate/YawAdjust wild flowers. They look unnatural otherwise.

3. The spikeyball for the yellow teleporter never reached the green button. It couldn't go horizontally, so it was just stuck. As an alternative to the intended path, I went back to the fireflower area and Blinked on the platform there. The arcade thing was a bit...umm...

4. The Marble Hornets thing wasn't much. Don't include big-sounding things that have no dough.

5. Dead stinkers with no explanation and an unknown voice...hmm...

6. The chomper thing was (a bit) annoying.

7. No more invisible button puzzles. They're hate-inducing. I skipped the one in this level by walking through the bridges. Bridges, when active, act like floors even if they're on a wall logic.

8. llarson didn't seem very evil.

9. I could walk through things.

10. I just stayed still in a spot for most of the battle and came out fine.
yot yot5
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by yot yot5 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:58 am

Wonderman109 wrote:1. Make sure you can get all the coins in the adventure. if necessary, put an infinite coin generator at the end by making a super-fast spikeyball re-activate a coin endlessly.
GUILTY. (But only in my 2nd and 3rd adventure)