3rd Adventure - Locked and Key

Post, Download, and Discuss Custom Adventures.
LexieTheFox
Rainbow Master

3rd Adventure - Locked and Key

Post by LexieTheFox » Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:09 am

Nerd Boy Trilogy
1)Locked and Key
2)Kick-Starter
3)A Nerdy Foe

This does not relate to my other two at all. This is completley independent. Anyway, I made this in a matter of half an hour. All you require from it is the MOFI Cave music track. You don't neccessarily need it, though. If you don't you just won't hear the cave sounds. Anyway, heres a challenge for you. Can you get all of the coins and gems? It should be easy. Considering their locations in the level.
Edit: I forgot to say,
The adventure is about you saving a stinker trapped behind a gate. And trust me, it has puzzles. (Basic ones that is)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by LexieTheFox on Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
Rawr.
Fear me, I bite! >:3
yot yot5
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by yot yot5 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:59 am

I finished it!!!

GOOD BITS
The scenery was very good!!! Not as good as Ice's, but certainly better than mine! Remember that the edges of the area are only 1.00 high, and getting any higher or lower makes it look weird. You don't have to make the entire level 1.00 high, just make sure the edges of the area are. I loved the dialogue, too! Very funny in places, and got the storyline across very nicely! I would love to see a major storyline series from you.

BAD BITS
Sorry, but I don't think you're trying very hard on the gameplay front. The fireflower areas, the brr lake, the spikeyball part, and the scritter room were all too easy. They barely got me to think!
But the worst problem was the chomper 2-gate thing. One of the major rules in an adventure is NEVER to use luck. You had no way of working out which gate you needed to choose in the chomper area, and it really got on my nerves.

In short, your scenery and dialogue was good. Sadly, I thought your gameplay reached the point where it could get unplayable in a longer adventure. Try making it a little bit harder and puzzly next time!
LexieTheFox
Rainbow Master

Post by LexieTheFox » Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:03 pm

yot yot5 wrote:I finished it!!!

GOOD BITS
The scenery was very good!!! Not as good as Ice's, but certainly better than mine! Remember that the edges of the area are only 1.00 high, and getting any higher or lower makes it look weird. You don't have to make the entire level 1.00 high, just make sure the edges of the area are. I loved the dialogue, too! Very funny in places, and got the storyline across very nicely! I would love to see a major storyline series from you.

BAD BITS
Sorry, but I don't think you're trying very hard on the gameplay front. The fireflower areas, the brr lake, the spikeyball part, and the scritter room were all too easy. They barely got me to think!
But the worst problem was the chomper 2-gate thing. One of the major rules in an adventure is NEVER to use luck. You had no way of working out which gate you needed to choose in the chomper area, and it really got on my nerves.

In short, your scenery and dialogue was good. Sadly, I thought your gameplay reached the point where it could get unplayable in a longer adventure. Try making it a little bit harder and puzzly next time!
Thank you! I love how you used the Cons and Pros setup. But thanks, I am more of a action/storyliner than a puzzle maker. But I still try. I will try harder next time. Should I use the puzzle idea generator?
Rawr.
Fear me, I bite! >:3
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:26 pm

Same thoughts as yotyot, basically. It was mostly good, but the puzzles need a bit of work and it was a little short overall. Keep trying, you're getting better! :)