4th Adventure - Kick-Starter

Post, Download, and Discuss Custom Adventures.
LexieTheFox
Rainbow Master

4th Adventure - Kick-Starter

Post by LexieTheFox » Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:25 am

Nerd Boy Trilogy
1)Locked and Key
2)Kick-Starter
3)A Nerdy Foe

This adventure is a kick-starter. To see if I have at least decent skills in puzzle making (BASIC ones. Not lengthy ones or such) and storylining and scenery. But don't take me wrong, this is indeed a adventure, not just a test!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by LexieTheFox on Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rawr.
Fear me, I bite! >:3
Master Wonder Mage
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Master Wonder Mage » Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:16 am

Erm, you don't get 0 when you divide by 0. Anything divided by 0 is undefined.
LexieTheFox
Rainbow Master

Post by LexieTheFox » Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:51 am

Master Wonder Mage wrote:Erm, you don't get 0 when you divide by 0. Anything divided by 0 is undefined.
Actually, I decided to use Zero, as it is the most possible awnser closest. By all means choosing "Time Paradox" would fit more, but it won't as it's too obvious. So.. yeah.
Rawr.
Master Wonder Mage
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Master Wonder Mage » Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:54 am

LexieTheFox wrote:
Master Wonder Mage wrote:Erm, you don't get 0 when you divide by 0. Anything divided by 0 is undefined.
Actually, I decided to use Zero, as it is the most possible awnser closest. By all means choosing "Time Paradox" would fit more, but it won't as it's too obvious. So.. yeah.
But wrong answers are...wrong. Your goal is not to be tricky by making people choose the wrong answer to proceed.
LexieTheFox
Rainbow Master

Post by LexieTheFox » Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:53 am

Master Wonder Mage wrote:
LexieTheFox wrote:
But wrong answers are...wrong. Your goal is not to be tricky by making people choose the wrong answer to proceed.
Hmmm. Maybe your right. Should I edit the adventure so that "Zero" is "Undefined"? Also, other then that, Master Wonder Mage. What are your thoughts on the adventure in general?
Rawr.
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:09 am

My thoughts:

The dialog near the gate is optional.
Good scenery, (I liked the flowers being on little hills!) although some wall height variety would help the background.
Good story.
Only one spelling mistake - apostrophe missing on dialog before cave.
Player shouldn't be able to leave area when the crown stinker appears.
Keep working on the puzzles. You'll need time but you'll get the hang of it.
Ice Puzzle: Could have been expanded on.
Fireflower Thing/Crown Stinker Second Appearance: This kind of concept is really cliche.
Coins and Gems: Remember that normally, so many gems and coins are not just hiding behind trees.
End: Kind of left off on a still point here.
yot yot5
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by yot yot5 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:07 pm

This was very easy, but slightly better than Locked and Key. The ending was rather sudden and the whole thing was a bit short, but it was a very well decorated adventure with lots of funny dialogue.

P.S. Anything divided by 0 equals doesn't equal 0. Look at this:

LET'S START WITH 10 DIVIDED BY 2
10/2=5
Multiply both sides by 2
10=2X5

OK, NOW LET'S START WITH 10 DIVIDED BY 0
10/0=0
Multiply both sides by 0
10=0X0

AND THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE!!! So what went wrong? The answer is that we CAN'T divide by 0, because it simply doesn't make sense.
dig 222
Rainbow Star

Post by dig 222 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:30 pm

DIG'S REVIEW!

The scenery is nice, but I think you overdid it a wee bit next to that dead tree, with the mushrooms surrounding it.

Hopeless enemies are somewhat cliche but funny. I mean one of those moments when the enemy says something like: "SUFFER MY WRATH!" or "DIE!" and the character just walks off ignoring them.

The summoning fireflower concept is used often-ish, but its still puzzling to get out of if used the right way.
like being trapped in them by a certain top-hatted figure.