5th Adventure - A Nerdy Foe

Post, Download, and Discuss Custom Adventures.
LexieTheFox
Rainbow Master

5th Adventure - A Nerdy Foe

Post by LexieTheFox » Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:19 am

Nerd Boy Trilogy
1)Locked and Key
2)Kick-Starter
3)A Nerdy Foe [FINALE]
Requirements:
Yot Yot's Music Pack. All credit goes to Yot Yot for the music. Not me. I had no part in making it. I am simply using it in this adventure. This is the finale adventure of the Nerd Boy Trilogy. Hopefully the puzzle in it will be decent enough.
EDIT: Updated. Fixed bug where Fire Flowers shot through gates, and made fire flowers in the north less rapid, and made dragon turtle's path less long. Good luck to all!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by LexieTheFox on Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rawr.
Fear me, I bite! >:3
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:39 am

I'm stuck on the fireflower section. I can't run far enough (the north flowers fire too rapidly) and the scritter seems to be essentially useless.
Last edited by Wonderman109 on Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
LexieTheFox
Rainbow Master

Post by LexieTheFox » Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:41 am

Wonderman109 wrote:I'm stuck on the fireflower section. I can't run far enough and the scritter seems to be essentially useless.
Hint below.
The scritter is needed for a button that holds up a bridge for the dragonturtle. In basic, No bridge, no dragonturtle bridge, and fiery death. ALSO. You must time your steps carefully. It is very easy to get yourself or the scritter killed.
Rawr.
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:45 am

Are you sure the fireflowers up there at the start are supposed to be able to shoot through the green gates before the gates open? Because it seems impossible to go down that way.
LexieTheFox
Rainbow Master

Post by LexieTheFox » Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:46 am

Wonderman109 wrote:Are you sure the fireflowers up there at the start are supposed to be able to shoot through the green gates before the gates open? Because it seems impossible to go down that way.
Wait. The fire flowers are shooting through the gates? They are supposed to only shoot at you when the gates open. It must be a problem. I didn't have that bug when I was playtesting. I sugguest (even though it is a bit cheatish) Opening up the level in the editor and see for yourself if there is anything wrong with it. As the fire flowers arn't supposed to do that. (They do if the dragon turtle hits the green button.)
Rawr.
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:49 am

Normally fireballs spawn on the square in front of the shooter, so they spawned in the gates and went through. I don't know what editor or player you use that removes that glitch, but it has caused this mistake many times before. Can you make an updated version?
LexieTheFox
Rainbow Master

Post by LexieTheFox » Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:49 am

Wonderman109 wrote:Normally fireballs spawn on the square in front of the shooter, so they spawned in the gates and went through. I don't know what editor or player you use that removes that glitch, but it has caused this mistake many times before. Can you make an updated version?
Yes. I am right now. Should be here shortly!
Edit: Updated!
Last edited by LexieTheFox on Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rawr.
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:51 am

Also, I looked in the editor and it is possible to skip the chomper dialog just by walking diagonally around it.
LexieTheFox
Rainbow Master

Post by LexieTheFox » Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:52 am

Wonderman109 wrote:Also, I looked in the editor and it is possible to skip the chomper dialog just by walking diagonally around it.
True. But the player can't advance otherwise. So it doesn't matter :D
Rawr.
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:01 am

Sadly this level wasn't much of an improvement from Number 2. I think 1 is still the best. Your levels are still too short. No one said you have to release an adventure every day! Try to make the puzzles harder and more complicated, add better scenery to walls and caves, and make the storyline plot more complex.
LexieTheFox
Rainbow Master

Post by LexieTheFox » Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:03 am

Wonderman109 wrote:Sadly this level wasn't much of an improvement from Number 2. I think 1 is still the best. Your levels are still too short. No one said you have to release an adventure every day! Try to make the puzzles harder and more complicated, add better scenery to walls and caves, and make the storyline plot more complex.
I know. It's just I do take breaks from adventure making. Every 2 hours really. I don't mind releasing one every day. I love making adventures and releasing them. I could release three in one day. I plan on making Troll Detected today too, but it probably won't actually be released untill tomorrow. Even then, can you awnser my PM offer, Wonderman? I'd rather not start on it untill I've had some responses to this and from you.
Rawr.
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:12 am

-Done.
yot yot5
Rainbow SuperStar

Re: 5th Adventure - A Nerdy Foe

Post by yot yot5 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:29 pm

LexieTheFox wrote:Yot Yot's Music Pack. All credit goes to Yot Yot for the music. Not me. I had no part in making it. I am simply using it in this adventure.
I didn't make the music, Runescape did. :lol:

I'm playing the adventure now!
yot yot5
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by yot yot5 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:32 pm

Sadly, I agree with Wonderman. This adventure was very very short and very very easy.

The ice puzzle at the start: Only 1 pretty obvious slide? Easy as pie.
Boss-fightish thing: The button part was easy and simple. The scritter part was very annoying, but still generally easy.
Chompers: Easy again. It's not that there's anything WRONG with easy, but gameplay that requires you to think a bit or prepare your fingers for some action is a lot more playable than shooting a few half-hearted Pow spells at less-than-speedy chompers. This whole adventure got a bit boring, really.

I recommend you do these things:
1: Spend more time on each of your adventures. Quality over quantity.
2: Work on making some harder, or just more entertaining, gameplay.