6th Adventure - Troll Detected!

Post, Download, and Discuss Custom Adventures.
LexieTheFox
Rainbow Master

6th Adventure - Troll Detected!

Post by LexieTheFox » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:51 pm

Troll Lord Trilogy
Troll Detected!
The Warp Star
Troll The Troll Lord!

This is the next adventure! With Five levels, that shouldn't be too short, hopefully! It also has about I believe, Three levels worth of puzzling. Hopefully this might be my best adventure yet. (Best one with decent puzzling, anyway) I hope you guys like it. ENJOY!

REQUIREMENTS
Yot Yot5's Music Pack
MWM's Music Pack V5 or Above
All credit goes to the original authors/creators of their own packs. I take no credit for these music packs. I did not make them nor did I help make them.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by LexieTheFox on Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rawr.
Fear me, I bite! >:3
dig 222
Rainbow Star

Post by dig 222 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:26 am

I burst out laughing when my character said: I'd rather slap you in the face.
Monofly
Rainbow Seeker

Post by Monofly » Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:44 am

I got GOLD. The adventure is actually a bit funny, it's a good adventure.
yot yot5
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by yot yot5 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:42 pm

Your adventures are more of the same. Less than 5 minutes of really easy gameplay. Try and make your next adventure LONGER (try and make it so it takes you at least 5, maybe 10 minutes to complete), and HARDER. Try testing it on a friend and see if they have to think to solve the puzzles.
StinkerSquad01
Rainbow AllStar

Post by StinkerSquad01 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:34 pm

The intro scene is totally broken, I had no idea what happened, and when the one guy told me about trolls, I was like "WHAT???????." Also, the dancing guy blocking the cave said the same thing as the guy who told me to come down the path. :?

ADDIT1: Having finished the adventure, it was overall average, the scenery was pretty, but the puzzles weren't too hard (not that I could do much better), but it's not like . The plot was a bit confusing since the intro was broken, but the idea of "Warp Stars" was an interesting reference to Kirby. :)
yot yot5 wrote:Your adventures are more of the same. Less than 5 minutes of really easy gameplay. Try and make your next adventure LONGER (try and make it so it takes you at least 5, maybe 10 minutes to complete), and HARDER. Try testing it on a friend and see if they have to think to solve the puzzles.
Erm.. It wasn't that short, and puzzles aren't the only thing that makes a good adventure, you didn't take into consideration the good scenery or the plotline. Rather than rushing through the level in 5 minutes flat, I took my time and admired the scenery, and considered the plotline, and I spent 10 minutes trying to enjoy that adventure, not just play it.
yot yot5
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by yot yot5 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:33 pm

StinkerSquad01 wrote:Erm.. It wasn't that short, and puzzles aren't the only thing that makes a good adventure, you didn't take into consideration the good scenery or the plotline.
You're right, I didn't mention the good scenery on my above post, and it was very good.

The "good" plotline is a matter of preference. I found it almost exactly the same as his earlier adventures, which involves another random funny villain appearing and wanting to kill you.
StinkerSquad01 wrote:Rather than rushing through the level in 5 minutes flat, I took my time and admired the scenery, and considered the plotline, and I spent 10 minutes trying to enjoy that adventure, not just play it.
A good adventure shouldn't require you to TRY and enjoy it, it should give enjoyment to you with a cherry on top. Of course, everyone has their personal tastes, and we found out long ago that I'm always pretty subconscious to good scenery and over-sensitive to unimaginative puzzles. That's just the way I am, and my brain can't be taught to see adventures differently.

Anyway, can we PLEASE not start a discussion like this up again?
Last edited by yot yot5 on Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
StinkerSquad01
Rainbow AllStar

Post by StinkerSquad01 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:35 pm

yot yot5 wrote:The "good" plotline is a matter of preference. I found it almost exactly the same as his earlier adventures, which involves another random funny villain appearing and wanting to kill you.
I said good scenery OR plotline, not and, as in the good doesn't register for plotline. :P
yot yot5 wrote:That's just the way I am, and my brain can't be taught to see adventures differently.
Just like how I hate recolorings, and only prefer things that are useful. :)
But yes, let's not get into a fight, not that I was trying to anyway.

Lexie, you're getting better, your scenery is very good, but you're still a little weak in some areas, your plotlines are somewhat cliche, and the levels sometimes break.