10th Adventure - Pentaurus EDIT: read my last post.

Post, Download, and Discuss Custom Adventures.
LexieTheFox
Rainbow Master

10th Adventure - Pentaurus EDIT: read my last post.

Post by LexieTheFox » Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:31 am

PHASER PENTALOGY
Pentaurus
Llarson The Magnificent
Crossing the Line.
Phaser is going down!

Edit2: Master Wonder Mage is right. I will continue to work on my levels.
Pentaurus, is the next adventure of mine. DO NOTE. If this still doesn't seem good enough, I will keep trying. I have had special help from Welcome00 for beta testing. I offered Wonderman109 and Dig 22, both said yes. But nethier could report back with their feedback. Special Thanks for Welcome00, Wonderman109, and Dig22 none the less! Please, enjoy.
YOU REQUIRE:
Nobody's Music Pack EXPANSION
The Custom Textures provided via the zip.

Enjoy.

EDIT: Edited puzzle in Pentaurus area where blink could be used to cheat a puzzle. Blink is now Pop, thanks to Welcome00 for the idea. Welcome00, your the best!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by LexieTheFox on Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:25 am, edited 4 times in total.
Rawr.
Fear me, I bite! >:3
LexieTheFox
Rainbow Master

Post by LexieTheFox » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:45 pm

Is it something I said?
Rawr.
llarson
Rainbow Star

Post by llarson » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:55 pm

I haven't gotten a chance because I'm still trying to finish my level.
"Cabbage is useless"~Came to me in a dream
"Aparagus is Unlovable"~Common knowledge
"Radishes are Ugly"~Came to my mind
My Level List
LexieTheFox
Rainbow Master

Post by LexieTheFox » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:59 pm

llarson wrote:I haven't gotten a chance because I'm still trying to finish my level.
Ah. Also, Llarson. You have your own level, as you may have seen. It shall be epic. I promise.
Rawr.
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:07 am

No, it's something you've done. This isn't awfully impressive, to say the least. I don't have the patience anymore to go into detail. Instead I'll leave you with some funny pics:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
LexieTheFox
Rainbow Master

Post by LexieTheFox » Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:14 am

Wonderman109 wrote:No, it's something you've done. This isn't awfully impressive, to say the least. I don't have the patience anymore to go into detail. Instead I'll leave you with some funny pics:
Tree in cave: Did you even pay attention to the color and even walk up to it? People don't even dare try, do they? Ugh.
The supposed to be mathematics: Since when did It have to be. It was Wonderland GATE Mathematics. Not Mathematics. It's supposed to be easy.
The Red Gate: Ok, that is a problem I forgot to fix.
Did you even play the rest of the level to find more funny pictures? Or was it filled with MOAR BUGS?
Rawr.
Master Wonder Mage
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Master Wonder Mage » Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:38 am

Wonderman way exaggerated. No, it didn't have any hard puzzles; the only puzzle which looked hard at first, the scritter puzzle, basically walked you through it. The only action part that was at all challenging was the end. It had loopholes. Whatever. I enjoyed the story, and I really liked the world map. You obviously aren't a puzzle maker or one for fast paced action. However, your adventures are quite enjoyable in other respects, such as the scenery, the story, and the way you explore areas. You should focus on perfecting this instead of trying to fulfill what you think is "required" for a good adventure. The only thing you should work on is ironing out the bugs in your levels, and any adventure designer can fall into that.
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:50 am

LexieTheFox wrote:Tree in cave: Did you even pay attention to the color and even walk up to it? People don't even dare try, do they? Ugh.
Of course I did, and it still felt out-of-place.
LexieTheFox wrote:The supposed to be mathematics: Since when did It have to be. It was Wonderland GATE Mathematics. Not Mathematics. It's supposed to be easy.
Um...
LexieTheFox wrote: The Red Gate: Ok, that is a problem I forgot to fix.

There was no problem there.
LexieTheFox wrote: Did you even play the rest of the level to find more funny pictures? Or was it filled with MOAR BUGS?
It had bugs alright; You can press buttons meant to be pressed by other characters, nothing happens if you don't clear the way for your friends, and there's nothing forcing you to talk to the characters so you can skip half the plot that way. :|
Master Wonder Mage wrote: Wonderman way exaggerated.
Well, yes, but I'm being honest here. I'm not going to try to encourage or discourage people regarding their level quality anymore. I see no results, so it's just better to enjoy the god aspects, as you said. I hope yotyot follows my route, since he also does the same thing a lot.

This level does have good scenery and storyline, but there are still glitches. Try to make buttons have Activate Ids set to the proper ID, Lexie.
yot yot5
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by yot yot5 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:49 pm

I just played the level. I loved the world map and I loved the scenery, but that was about it.

Remember: Not everyone is going to play your adventures the way YOU play them! I completely missed the tree dialogue-thing and some dialogue because of this. Try to FORCE the player to step on tree-dialogue things or talk to NPCs before continuing, but making it obvious you should (it's annoying if you wander around an area for half an hour and suddenly notice you were supposed to talk to an NPC).

Also, I know you're not a very skilled puzzle-maker, but do you even know what a puzzle is supposed to be? The ideal puzzle is composed of multiple ways you can do something, but only one is the correct way (while all the others will lead to dead-ends or death). A series of deductions should help you work out the correct way.
Master Wonder Mage
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Master Wonder Mage » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:50 pm

@Puzzles: There's not one correct way to make adventures. Stop complaining about the lack of puzzles. Yotyot's first point is something that Lexie needs to work on, but really, if she doesn't want to put puzzles in her adventure, she doesn't have to. Adventures need to be fun, but that is the only real requirement for a good adventure. Simple easy puzzles are fine if the scenery is good. Lexie's adventures focus on scenery. Let them.

(Lexie, if you want me to beta test for dialogs that can be skipped, typos, and such, I'm willing.)
yot yot5
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by yot yot5 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:16 pm

Master Wonder Mage wrote:@Puzzles: There's not one correct way to make adventures. Stop complaining about the lack of puzzles.
It's called a review. Talking about a lack of puzzles on her adventures is perfectly in order.
Master Wonder Mage wrote:Yotyot's first point is something that Lexie needs to work on, but really, if she doesn't want to put puzzles in her adventure, she doesn't have to.
No, but I think her adventures would be much better if they did have puzzles. I'm sure many other adventure designers would agree. Scenery is good, but I doubt many people will download her adventures just for the sake of looking at scenery.
Master Wonder Mage wrote:Adventures need to be fun, but that is the only real requirement for a good adventure.
I think her adventures would be much more entertaining if they had some slightly puzzling gameplay.
Master Wonder Mage wrote:Simple easy puzzles are fine if the scenery is good.
As I talked about above, scenery is good as a decoration for puzzles and action, but face it: People play games for the gameplay. If you want nice scenery, you look at pictures of the countryside (or go to the countryside).
Master Wonder Mage wrote:Lexie's adventures focus on scenery. Let them.
I'll happily let them focus on scenery, I just won't be playing them.
LexieTheFox
Rainbow Master

Post by LexieTheFox » Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:23 pm

To tell the truth, the damage has already been done here :/
Wonderman, your first post on this topic, while it hit spots that were true, I didn't say so (But the OP was edited to say so.) but I actually was very hurt.
I agree I should improve my puzzles. But I strongly dis-agree that I should be forced or have someone critizcizing me to improve or complain about them on every single adventure. Like MWM said, if I don't want to make puzzles, I won't. How would you like it if I started releasing quadralogy levels that were all scenery and didn't even have a storyline? The most easiest solution to this, is as yotyot5 said. If you don't like adventures without puzzles, don't play them. Simple as that, but if you do play any of my adventures. If your going to critizcize, at least TRY to be nice about it. I even switched to WA Editor (from UnOfficial MOFI Editor) to make Pentaurus, for you guys. But it didn't seem to make a difference, did it?
Besides that, due to this alot of my spirit for making puzzles and putting them in a adventure has been drained. Llarson the Magnificent is in progress. But it is at such a slow rate I wouldn't be suprised if it takes more than a week to finish. I'm sorry, but that's just how it is.
Rawr.
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:58 am

I will still play your adventures, but I'm not going to make any sort of review or comment on them hereon unless I find something I really like. Same goes for llarson's levels, if he's seeing this.
Nobody
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Nobody » Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:44 am

LexieTheFox wrote:But it is at such a slow rate I wouldn't be suprised if it takes more than a week to finish. I'm sorry, but that's just how it is.
Heh, all my adventures take more than a week, although a lot of that is procrastination. Don't be afraid to take your time on stuff.
i should change my signature to be rude to people who hate pictures of valves
Master Wonder Mage
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Master Wonder Mage » Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:47 am

And my adventures, well, once a month is good for me.
L'Carpetron Dookmarriot 3
Rainbow Keeper

Post by L'Carpetron Dookmarriot 3 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:51 am

Finally got this one to work.

I didn't see many problems in this one, for in fact, I had lots of fun with it. Yes, even though the lockpicking problem wasn't technically math, there's no reason to pick at it. I know it has bugs and stuff, but many people in RTW (40% of those levels are mine) make levels with loopholes and other things. In fact, Amnon is quite good at finding them. However, he never criticizes them, he just tells the level makers what happened and how you could fix it.

I thought it was fun, and the scenery was great. That's all what really matters.
Last edited by L'Carpetron Dookmarriot 3 on Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blazeknight
Rainbow Master

Post by Blazeknight » Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:51 pm

This is a fun adventure. The scenery and happy feel was very good while playing this adventure. Good overall. Although there is a lack of puzzles, you can make your own Wonderland style out of these. :D
Happy to Help!

Check out my works @ http://quaziiquce.webs.com