Nature Walk

Post, Download, and Discuss Custom Adventures.
Super Nuclear Power
Rainbow Wonderlander

Nature Walk

Post by Super Nuclear Power » Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:23 am

Hello all! This is my first adventure, so any constructive criticism is welcome. Enjoy!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
md
Rainbow Master

Post by md » Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:00 am

First of all, I'd like to say that it is not bad for a first adventure.

Now, don't do adventures where you have to walk all the way around on a long maze, it gets very boring. Also, stick to one area, as in, your nature walk level had multiple biomes, just stick to the grass biome, and perhaps caves. In saying that, don't make levels that are too long, as it can get boring. Short and challenging adventures are better than long and repetitive ones. Unless you are making a long story adventure with multiple levels (and mini-adventures in them), keep it short and challenging.

Some areas were very blank, bland and plain (like the cave and that coin area) with empty spaces. Try adding more scenery and reducing the level size to suit the actual level.

I understand that you are new to the editor, and often newbies just want to jump into the editor and experiment with all the different elements... and you did a good job with that. I'm interested in seeing what you can develop next, because you got some good challenging ideas. Try to interpret those ideas into a good, solid adventure.
If you bothered to copy and paste this signature, or zoom in, to make it possible to read, then I wasted 5-10 seconds of your life.
Super Nuclear Power
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by Super Nuclear Power » Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:31 am

Thank you! I'll take your advice into consideration. :)
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:24 pm

Not bad start, SNP! The puzzles are good and it looked interesting. I only suggest that you make jagged walls for outdoor areas.