New Adventure - Scritters and Gems

Post, Download, and Discuss Custom Adventures.
md
Rainbow Master

New Adventure - Scritters and Gems

Post by md » Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:13 pm

Hi, I haven't made an adventure for a while so I thought that I might make one.
This one took me 3-5 days to make and perfect.

It's called "Scritters and Gems". This adventure is kind of like a maze with scritters. It is full of buttons, gates, etc.
You need to find a way to collect all the gems to complete the adventure.

Enjoy and please post feedback! :D
It would be really nice if you guys give me some feedback this time, thanks! :)

Screenshot:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by md on Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:35 pm, edited 4 times in total.
If you bothered to copy and paste this signature, or zoom in, to make it possible to read, then I wasted 5-10 seconds of your life.
yot yot5
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by yot yot5 » Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:41 am

Can I please make a request? When you upload adventures, can you just ZIP the adventure folder and upload them directly to your post? Mediafire is a rather slow method of uploading and downloading adventures, and lowers your chances of having your adventure played.
md
Rainbow Master

Post by md » Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:49 am

yot yot5 wrote:Can I please make a request? When you upload adventures, can you just ZIP the adventure folder and upload them directly to your post? Mediafire is a rather slow method of uploading and downloading adventures, and lowers your chances of having your adventure played.
Okay, I don't do usually do that, but I can consider doing that and I will change that for this adventure.

But how is MediaFire slower for downloading?
I understand what you mean though, and I'll use this method from now on.
If you bothered to copy and paste this signature, or zoom in, to make it possible to read, then I wasted 5-10 seconds of your life.
Lucky-Luc
Rainbow Master

Re: New Adventure - Scritters and Gems

Post by Lucky-Luc » Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:29 pm

md wrote:[...] It is not as challenging as some of my other adventures. [...]
I respectfully disagree with this - the open, non-linear layout makes this adventure one of your hardest in my opinion (except for Bridges in the Forest, maybe, and the ending part of Magic Mania)! I needed ages to figure out which scritter needed to hold down which button, and there are a lot of almost-working solutions that increased the difficulty. Don't worry, though, I like challenging adventures, and this one was a very good logic puzzle with only little hidden information. Very well done!! :D

I also see you gave us a spy-eye this time, thank you ;)

I still have to critizize one thing: My solution relied on scritter movement luck 3 (!) times, so that I had to save/load a lot. If I wanted to do it in one run-through, I'd only have a chance of 1 to 8 that I could make it even with playing perfectly. I realize, though, that this might be necessary looking at the level layout, and we do have a save/load feature here, so this is really only a minor point. (Maybe my solution was uninteded after all, but I used all 9 Brr! charges, so I figured it might be the one you had in mind.
md
Rainbow Master

Re: New Adventure - Scritters and Gems

Post by md » Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:41 pm

Lucky-Luc wrote:
md wrote:[...] It is not as challenging as some of my other adventures. [...]
I respectfully disagree with this - the open, non-linear layout makes this adventure one of your hardest in my opinion (except for Bridges in the Forest, maybe, and the ending part of Magic Mania)! I needed ages to figure out which scritter needed to hold down which button, and there are a lot of almost-working solutions that increased the difficulty. Don't worry, though, I like challenging adventures, and this one was a very good logic puzzle with only little hidden information. Very well done!! :D

I also see you gave us a spy-eye this time, thank you ;)

I still have to critizize one thing: My solution relied on scritter movement luck 3 (!) times, so that I had to save/load a lot. If I wanted to do it in one run-through, I'd only have a chance of 1 to 8 that I could make it even with playing perfectly. I realize, though, that this might be necessary looking at the level layout, and we do have a save/load feature here, so this is really only a minor point. (Maybe my solution was uninteded after all, but I used all 9 Brr! charges, so I figured it might be the one you had in mind.
Thank you for the feedback! :D

Also, yeah; there were a couple of places that were kind of luck-based of scritter movement, which I couldn't really fix without changing the entire adventure.
I gave a spy-eye on this one because it is much needed. Some of my other ones (like Magic Mania in a way) don't really need it.

By the way, what solution did you use? I'd assume there may be multiple solutions to the adventure (with slight differences).
I'm just asking because my solution only had 1 instance where you had to rely on luck to get the scritter in the right place.
Lucky-Luc
Rainbow Master

Post by Lucky-Luc » Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:24 pm

Sure, here you go. Hard to explain (it's a really complex adventure), so I've created a pdf. No need to tell that contains spoilers, right?

About Magic Mania: Yup, you're right, that one is really quite possible without a spy-eye (expect for the final part; but a spy-eye wouldn't help there ;) ). But I would've liked one in, for example, Blink Cavern and Scritters on Ice (I could solve them without too much trouble without a spy-eye, but it just seemed like an unnecessary difficulty increase).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
md
Rainbow Master

Post by md » Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:09 am

Lucky-Luc wrote:Sure, here you go. Hard to explain (it's a really complex adventure), so I've created a pdf. No need to tell that contains spoilers, right?

About Magic Mania: Yup, you're right, that one is really quite possible without a spy-eye (expect for the final part; but a spy-eye wouldn't help there ;) ). But I would've liked one in, for example, Blink Cavern and Scritters on Ice (I could solve them without too much trouble without a spy-eye, but it just seemed like an unnecessary difficulty increase).
Okay, you've pretty much done the adventure very similarly to me; except...
I did the part with the light blue gate and the barrel after you get the scritter through the purple teleporter.
Also, I did a different method at the last part that involves those yellow and green gates near the start.
Nice PDF that you made; I'm sure it will help other people if they get stuck.
The main difference really is that we both used different methods of getting back to the bottom section in order to get that final gem.

Oh and by the way; I just re-did "Magic Mania", and the last part isn't really that hard. Have you solved it yet?