29th Adventure: Medical Care

Post, Download, and Discuss Custom Adventures.
Post Reply
User avatar
yot yot5
Rainbow SuperStar
Posts: 2289
Joined: Sun May 22, 2011 1:24 pm

29th Adventure: Medical Care

Post by yot yot5 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:15 pm

You'll need MNIK's Music Pack V5 or higher to hear all the music in this adventure!

===The Terby Trilogy===
Part 1: Pretty Flower's Plot
Part 2: Medical Care
Part 3: Stinkarnus-X

Woo, another adventure finished!

So where were we? Pretty Flower's first assassination attempt has failed, but has he struck again? Has he kidnapped Doctor Terby from his bedroom in the thwart hospital? Or is there another, possibly even more dangerous, force at work here? Let's find out!

Most of the gameplay in this adventure consists of scritters. Lots of scritters. I realized a few days ago that my adventures don't have enough scitter puzzles, so I went ahead and made some. Lots. There's a misdirection-based scritter puzzle at the start, some sokobanic scritter puzzles in the middle, and an icy scritter puzzle at the end. They're pretty darn hard, too. Feel free to ask for hints!

And please review. More feedback = better adventures!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by yot yot5 on Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:52 am, edited 3 times in total.
User avatar
dig 222
Rainbow Star
Posts: 1279
Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:44 am

Post by dig 222 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:20 pm

1ST DOWNLOAD WOOOOOO
Playing now...
User avatar
Nobody
Rainbow Spirit Chaser
Posts: 5512
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:52 pm

Post by Nobody » Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:06 pm

Uh, how am I supposed to
Spoilery wrote:get the Scritter into the Spikeyball area? Even with the Brr charge, it seems impossible.

EDIT: Oh crap, was I supposed to spare the Chomper somehow so I could freeze him in the path of the Spikeyball? That would probably be the point of the gems, too, since it's hard to get Chompers to go right next to walls...
i should change my signature to not be rude to pcpuzzle
User avatar
yot yot5
Rainbow SuperStar
Posts: 2289
Joined: Sun May 22, 2011 1:24 pm

Post by yot yot5 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:26 am

Nobody wrote:Uh, how am I supposed to
Spoilery wrote:get the Scritter into the Spikeyball area? Even with the Brr charge, it seems impossible.

EDIT: Oh crap, was I supposed to spare the Chomper somehow so I could freeze him in the path of the Spikeyball? That would probably be the point of the gems, too, since it's hard to get Chompers to go right next to walls...
Nope, that's incorrect. There's no way you can spare the chomper after collecting the key in the chomper area.
Hint! wrote:But, if you wanted, you could use the chomper to do something before you collect the key in the chomper area.
User avatar
Nobody
Rainbow Spirit Chaser
Posts: 5512
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:52 pm

Post by Nobody » Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:23 am

I hate to ask for help on every single puzzle, but uh... am I close?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
i should change my signature to not be rude to pcpuzzle
User avatar
yot yot5
Rainbow SuperStar
Posts: 2289
Joined: Sun May 22, 2011 1:24 pm

Post by yot yot5 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:02 am

Nobody wrote:I hate to ask for help on every single puzzle, but uh... am I close?
Meh, sort of. It's difficult to explain sokoban solutions with words, but if you want to practice them in a clearer environment you can try THIS website. "Reflection" and "Transfer" are the puzzles in the adventure. :)
User avatar
StinkerSquad01
Rainbow AllStar
Posts: 4237
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:39 am

Post by StinkerSquad01 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:02 pm

So far this is pretty good.. having trouble with this scritter thing though..
use the chomper to do something before you collect the key in the chomper area.
*QUITS* :cry: :cry: :cry:
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master
Posts: 9495
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:18 pm

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:11 pm

The first puzzle wlv had some really clever misdirection. :D

I've never really been a fan of Sokoban. I solved the leftmost puzzle there pretty easily, but I spent about 40 minutes on the rightmost puzzle before giving up.

Logic puzzles where several different game elements are mixed together have always been my strong point. However, more abstract puzzles that require lots of planning like rotating transporter lakes or, in this case, Sokoban, have never really been easy or particularly enjoyable. I'm definitely not a fan of mazes either. That's just me though. I'll be waiting on a solution for the Sokoban area.
User avatar
Nobody
Rainbow Spirit Chaser
Posts: 5512
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:52 pm

Post by Nobody » Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:16 am

MUZOZAVR, GIVE ME YOUR SOLUTION FOR TRANSFER (THE RIGHTMOST SOKOBAN PUZZLE)! DO YOU REALLY WANT ME TO TAINT THE FAIL/COMPLETION RATIO ANY FURTHER WITH MY REPEATED RETURNS TO THE PUZZLE AFTER GIVING UP, ONLY TO GIVE UP?! IT'S ALREADY BELOW 50% BECAUSE OF ALL MY ATTEMPTS!

@SS01: No, don't quit, you need to feel our pai... uh, I mean, experience this really clever level.
i should change my signature to not be rude to pcpuzzle
User avatar
StinkerSquad01
Rainbow AllStar
Posts: 4237
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:39 am

Post by StinkerSquad01 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:36 am

Oh, okay. *UNQUITS*

EDIT: derp that was easy i was just being dumb

EDIT2: oops i misread your post

I wish this adventure was a bit less mean like this, I have to start over now.. :?
Last edited by StinkerSquad01 on Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:32 am, edited 3 times in total.
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser
Posts: 5552
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2006 2:55 pm

Post by Muzozavr » Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:04 am

Nobody wrote:MUZOZAVR, GIVE ME YOUR SOLUTION FOR TRANSFER (THE RIGHTMOST SOKOBAN PUZZLE)! DO YOU REALLY WANT ME TO TAINT THE FAIL/COMPLETION RATIO ANY FURTHER WITH MY REPEATED RETURNS TO THE PUZZLE AFTER GIVING UP, ONLY TO GIVE UP?! IT'S ALREADY BELOW 50% BECAUSE OF ALL MY ATTEMPTS!

@SS01: No, don't quit, you need to feel our pai... uh, I mean, experience this really clever level.
There's a button that says "remove from attempts"... :roll:

Anyway, I haven't played the adventure, so I have no idea how this applies to the adventure version (if at all), so this is written for the letslogic upload:
I'm numbering boxes 1-4 left to right.

Push 3 down twice, push 4 left and up, push 3 up, push 1 up, push 2 right twice.

(Your position now is: 1 and 4 at the top, 2 at the right, 3 at the bottom.)

Push 3 down and left, push 4 down three times, push 2 left and up, push 4 up, push 3 right twice and up, push 1 down and right twice, push 3 down and left. The puzzle's over.
Rest in peace, Kym. I hardly knew ya.
Rest in peace, Marinus. A bright star, you were ahead of me on my own tracks of thought. I miss you.
User avatar
Nobody
Rainbow Spirit Chaser
Posts: 5512
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:52 pm

Post by Nobody » Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:20 am

Muzozavr wrote:
Nobody wrote:MUZOZAVR, GIVE ME YOUR SOLUTION FOR TRANSFER (THE RIGHTMOST SOKOBAN PUZZLE)! DO YOU REALLY WANT ME TO TAINT THE FAIL/COMPLETION RATIO ANY FURTHER WITH MY REPEATED RETURNS TO THE PUZZLE AFTER GIVING UP, ONLY TO GIVE UP?! IT'S ALREADY BELOW 50% BECAUSE OF ALL MY ATTEMPTS!

@SS01: No, don't quit, you need to feel our pai... uh, I mean, experience this really clever level.
There's a button that says "remove from attempts"... :roll:
Oh, there is? I CAN'T FIND IT! :cry:

I'm sad.

EDIT: Found it.

EDIT2: It didn't make the puzzle have any less failures though.
i should change my signature to not be rude to pcpuzzle
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master
Posts: 9495
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:18 pm

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:53 am

Missing texture: bookshelfdim.bmp

swag

EDIT: Nevermind, I got the texture myself.
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master
Posts: 9495
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:18 pm

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:02 am

I just beat the adventure! :D

You weren't kidding about the puzzles being hard. Their difficulty was practically nightmarish. :shock:
User avatar
Nobody
Rainbow Spirit Chaser
Posts: 5512
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:52 pm

Post by Nobody » Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:09 am

I won. I won this somehow.

That's... that's all I'm in the mood for saying. *passes out*
i should change my signature to not be rude to pcpuzzle
User avatar
yot yot5
Rainbow SuperStar
Posts: 2289
Joined: Sun May 22, 2011 1:24 pm

Post by yot yot5 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:48 am

WOOHOO, I MADE AN EVIL ADVENTURE. :twisted:

Thanks for reminding me about the needed texture, too. I'll add that to the first post.
User avatar
StinkerSquad01
Rainbow AllStar
Posts: 4237
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:39 am

Post by StinkerSquad01 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:12 pm

Yep, and you've cost me an entire Saturday. It was pretty clever up until the sokoban; I felt like I was playing RTW in WA, which seems pretty pointless since I could just play RTW instead. I'm still stuck on the second sokoban, and I think I might leave at that. :?
User avatar
yot yot5
Rainbow SuperStar
Posts: 2289
Joined: Sun May 22, 2011 1:24 pm

Post by yot yot5 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:03 pm

StinkerSquad01 wrote:Yep, and you've cost me an entire Saturday. It was pretty clever up until the sokoban; I felt like I was playing RTW in WA, which seems pretty pointless since I could just play RTW instead. I'm still stuck on the second sokoban, and I think I might leave at that. :?
Muzozavr has the whole solution in an earlier post..? You'll have to reverse all the directions, as he's playing the Let's Logic version, but it's still the solution!

And yeah, don't worry. In think I've made enough Scritterban for a while.
User avatar
StinkerSquad01
Rainbow AllStar
Posts: 4237
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:39 am

Post by StinkerSquad01 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:55 pm

I wouldn't be as satisfied as solving it on my own. :P
The concept was cool though.
User avatar
Lucky-Luc
Rainbow Master
Posts: 870
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2005 2:03 pm

Post by Lucky-Luc » Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:55 pm

Decided to give this another go now that you've released your new adventure; it's brilliant so far, however, I'm baffled by the 6 coins behind the indigo door. I always seem to be one spell short. Can you tell me where I'm wasting it? I need
- at least 2 spells to get the scritter onto the button (that is with using slide/brr already)
- 4 spells to get to the coins
- 4 spells to get back out
Anyway, enjoying this a lot. The first puzzle is simply brilliant. The sokoban implementation is really slick, even though it's of course not as nice to play as a real sokoban game. Plot moves along nicely.

Now I just gotta finish this part. Looking forward to the trilogy's end! :D
User avatar
yot yot5
Rainbow SuperStar
Posts: 2289
Joined: Sun May 22, 2011 1:24 pm

Post by yot yot5 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:12 pm

Lucky-Luc wrote:Decided to give this another go now that you've released your new adventure; it's brilliant so far, however, I'm baffled by the 6 coins behind the indigo door. I always seem to be one spell short. Can you tell me where I'm wasting it?
You're wasting it here:
You only need 3 spells to get to the coins.
User avatar
Lucky-Luc
Rainbow Master
Posts: 870
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2005 2:03 pm

Post by Lucky-Luc » Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:40 pm

Ugh. I see. How stupid of me :oops: .

Anyway, that was a top-notch adventure! :D Some brilliant puzzles in there. The only point of criticism I have is that (unless I've missed something) you need the slide-brr-trick, which is pretty tricky to pull of.
Post Reply