Jokes!

For discussion of non-Wonderland topics - please read rules!

Moderators: ~xpr'd~, tyteen4a03, Stinky, Emerald141, Qloof234, jdl

ben-09
Rainbow Master

Jokes!

Post by ben-09 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:00 am

Post your jokes here.

*DELETED BY QLOOF*
Generation 59: Community experiment. The first time you see this, take the generation # and add 1. Put in your signature.
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:02 am

Okay, no, I'm sorry, that's way too inappropriate for the forum. You have to stay kid-friendly, remember.
StinkerSquad01
Rainbow AllStar

Post by StinkerSquad01 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:32 am

Here is a joke i made myself; What happened to the (music) note got an anvil dropped on it?
It became a flat! (ba-dum ching)
:lol:[/quote]
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:20 am

Qloof, how are we supposed to know what jokes you find too inappropriate for the forum, especially when you delete them? :roll:

Makes me curious; can you or Ben PM it to me please? Don't worry if it's not kid-friendly, neither am I. :lol:
ben-09
Rainbow Master

Post by ben-09 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:22 am

I don't see the problem.
If you are mature enough to get it, you get it. If you are are kid and don't get it, then you won't understand so there is no harm done.

I'll PM you now Marinus.
Generation 59: Community experiment. The first time you see this, take the generation # and add 1. Put in your signature.
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:32 am

The same thing happened in another thread. Someone who didn't understand it was very persistent about finding out what it meant.
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:55 am

Thanks Ben. I think it's funny, and although I would not encourage making such jokes, I agree with you.

Besides, I find it quite contradictory that since it's apparently no problem if little kids play war games, and "kill each other games" with lots of violence, it appears to be very bad in some people's opinion, if someone makes a joke which has anything to do with sex. For some strange reason little kids should not know "where they come from."
The same thing happened in another thread. Someone who didn't understand it was very persistent about finding out what it meant.
Then you can say: "It's a joke. It's not funny to explain a joke, but if you absolutely must know, ask your parents."

Do you really believe that they never hear such things on school, or somewhere else?
ben-09
Rainbow Master

Post by ben-09 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:58 am

Marinus wrote:Thanks Ben. I think it's funny, and although I would not encourage making such jokes, I agree with you.

Besides, I find it quite contradictory that since it's apparently no problem if little kids play war games, and "kill each other games" with lots of violence, it appears to be very bad in some people's opinion, if someone makes a joke which has anything to do with sex. For some strange reason little kids should not know "where they come from."
Then you can say: "It's a joke. It's not funny to explain a joke, but if you absolutely must know, ask your parents."

Do you really believe that they never hear such things on school, or somewhere else?
Yeah, I agree here.
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:21 am

Marinus wrote:Besides, I find it quite contradictory that since it's apparently no problem if little kids play war games, and "kill each other games" with lots of violence, it appears to be very bad in some people's opinion, if someone makes a joke which has anything to do with sex. For some strange reason little kids should not know "where they come from."
Oh? How interesting! Where did I say that? :roll:

I object to the violence as well because it's... well, violent. The difference is that you can have "cartoon violence" like in games where it doesn't get into the details that make it taboo. There's no real way to do that with sex.
Marinus wrote:
The person I'm talking about is someone who wouldn't take that for an answer. I'm not pointing any fingers, but still.
Marinus wrote:Do you really believe that they never hear such things on school, or somewhere else?
As before - When did I say something like that? All I stated is that this forum is supposed to be kid-friendly. Having jokes like that isn't safe - a young user is very likely to ask their parents or friends what it means then post about it.
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:13 am

No need to ask me where/when you said such things because I did not say that you said anything, otherwise I would have quoted. It's just the way some people (not especially you, but more in general) act, without naming things by the real name, finding things wrong or inappropriate without a good explanation, and ignoring other things which I personally would find more inappropriate. (such as things about violence)

BTW, you didn't answer my question yet:
I wrote:Qloof, how are we supposed to know what jokes you find too inappropriate for the forum, especially when you delete them?
The difference is that you can have "cartoon violence" like in games where it doesn't get into the details that make it taboo. There's no real way to do that with sex.
I think there is such a way. That's exactly what Ben' joke is. People only need to go into the details about that, if they want to explain that joke, and you can not obligate anyone to explain a joke.

BTW, I grew up on a farm, and the first thing (in a manner of speaking) I saw when I opened my eyes, was a bull sitting on top of a cow (and some details which I would not mention here) and then a while later, after my parents teached me talking, I asked them what was that all about. Then they took me to the stable, and showed me the same cow, where a little cute calf was coming out, (again with all the details) and told me: "That's what the bull did was for." And about the same things happen with humans to get a baby. So far the sexual information I've got as a child. :wink:
The person I'm talking about is someone who wouldn't take that for an answer.
I guess you already got that the person you're talking with right now, is also someone who wouldn't take anything for answer either. :) Do you feel obligated to explain a joke, or should anyone else?
a young user is very likely to ask their parents or friends what it means then post about it.
Personally I wouldn't have a big problem with that either, but if you find it inappropriate because it's too much into the details about things they have to learn from their parents, you can say at that moment.
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:20 am

Marinus wrote:No need to ask me where/when you said such things because I did not say that you said anything, otherwise I would have quoted. It's just the way some people (not especially you, but more in general) act, without naming things by the real name, finding things wrong or inappropriate without a good explanation, and ignoring other things which I personally would find more inappropriate. (such as things about violence)

BTW, you didn't answer my question yet:
I wrote:Qloof, how are we supposed to know what jokes you find too inappropriate for the forum, especially when you delete them?
Yeah, I know, and I agree that you have a point with that - I deleted it so fast because I went over this in another thread - This forum's family-friendly, and even making subtle jokes like that is going to invoke trouble sooner or later. How? I'll explain below.
Marinus wrote:
The difference is that you can have "cartoon violence" like in games where it doesn't get into the details that make it taboo. There's no real way to do that with sex.
I think there is such a way. That's exactly what Ben' joke is. People only need to go into the details about that, if they want to explain that joke, and you can not obligate anyone to explain a joke.
No one's obligated to explain, of course - the problem isn't that, I already said what it is; if a young user asks their parents they might be shocked and post here about it, which isn't within boundaries.
Marinus wrote:
The person I'm talking about is someone who wouldn't take that for an answer.
I guess you already got that the person you're talking with right now, is also someone who wouldn't take anything for answer either. :) Do you feel obligated to explain a joke, or should anyone else?
No, I mean the user in question won't stop asking until it's explained or until everyone agrees with them. I assume you know who I mean.
Marinus wrote:
a young user is very likely to ask their parents or friends what it means then post about it.
Personally I wouldn't have a big problem with that either, but if you find it inappropriate because it's too much into the details about things they have to learn from their parents, you can say at that moment.
Well, what I learned and what I'm thus basing my own actions upon is to stop things before they get too far. That's my intention by deleting the content in question.

I don't feel up to going into any further detail right now, I'll do that later if I feel like it.
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:53 am

Well, what I learned and what I'm thus basing my own actions upon is to stop things before they get too far.
Indeed, you have to take a limit between what's far enough, and what's too far, based on your opinion and on your experience. And your opinion / experience can also partly depend on other people explaining their different opinions to you. Making such a decision where that limit should be is probably the hardest thing for a moderator or administrator. One of the reasons that I wouldn't like to be a moderator. I'd rather be the man asking critical questions, to keep other people awake. Because I think it's good if the people who are supposed to make those decisions ask theirselves if their decisions are right and why (or not).

Maybe it's an idea if such things happens again if you, instead of delete the post, add your comment to it in a different color, for example such as: "I think this joke is not appropriate for this forum, especially not for younger children who perhaps keep asking for an explanation." Then you still have a chance that someone will ask questions, but a smaller chance, because people know what you find inappropriate, and also a bit why.

Anyhow, thanks for the fun conversation! :)
^_^
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by ^_^ » Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:35 am

marinus wrote:BTW, I grew up on a farm, and the first thing (in a manner of speaking) I saw when I opened my eyes, was a bull sitting on top of a cow (and some details which I would not mention here) and then a while later, after my parents teached me talking, I asked them what was that all about. Then they took me to the stable, and showed me the same cow, where a little cute calf was coming out, (again with all the details) and told me: "That's what the bull did was for." And about the same things happen with humans to get a baby. So far the sexual information I've got as a child. :wink:
:shock: :shock: :shock:
If you can look at my avatar for 19 minutes, without closing your eyes, you must be great.
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:59 am

Problems ^_^ ?

Yes, if you would like to know things about life you'd rather would like to be a "boertien van buut'n" (Dutch expression for an old fashioned farmer-like-person from the countryside), because in the Big City they've never seen a cow. :lol:
^_^
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by ^_^ » Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:07 pm

...Kinderboerderij...
If you can look at my avatar for 19 minutes, without closing your eyes, you must be great.
billy bob
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by billy bob » Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:22 pm

Marinus wrote:Don't worry if it's not kid-friendly, neither am I. :lol:
They already know you're kid-unfriendly, they view our arguments. :lol:
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:11 pm

I think there's still hope for you BB. Although your's is a bit different then most people's, at least you do have sense of humor. :wink:
StinkerSquad01
Rainbow AllStar

Post by StinkerSquad01 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:01 pm

How come the simplest topics become an argument? :? :lol: :P
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:10 pm

Quite simple. Because not even Qloof and I always agree with each other, as you can see. Different people, different opinions, that's how life is. :)
Nobody
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Nobody » Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:17 pm

THIS IS SO FUNNY! *epicly slapped*
i should change my signature to be rude to people who hate pictures of valves
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:18 pm

WHY DID THE CHICKEN CROSS THE ROAD?
StinkerSquad01
Rainbow AllStar

Post by StinkerSquad01 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:19 pm

Uh...um......To get to its computer to play Wonderland? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Midnight Synergy
Site Admin

Post by Midnight Synergy » Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:03 pm

Two quick points:

1) Absolutely agreed with QLoof. Off-colour jokes are not ok on this forum. Marinus, since you mention violence, I would personally also not like to see the (cartoon-) violence that sometimes goes on in e.g. Wefight, so folks posting should keep that in mind.

2) Since this is got derailed right off the bat, I will lock this topic. Someone can, if they have a good joke to share, start a new thread.