LittleZbot: The Best Worst Channel

For discussion of non-Wonderland topics - please read rules!

Moderators: ~xpr'd~, tyteen4a03, Stinky, Emerald141, Qloof234, jdl

LittleZbot
Rainbow MegaStar

LittleZbot: The Best Worst Channel

Post by LittleZbot » Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:07 am

4/22/11: I'm starting this Let's Play series thingie where I pretend to be a "Newbie" who doesn't know anything and just got introduced to video games by my little bro. :P

7/23/13: Actually, that is how it begins. in the later parts of New Super Mario Bros. Wii and in the entire Luigi's Mansion Let's Play, I am no longer a Newbie and act more of a general Let's Player. Well, except that I'm funny. Sometimes.

8/11/15: Farther along the road (Kirby's Epic Yarn Episode 9, to be exact), Evilgrapez began editing my videos, boosting them in quality greatly. Recently we finally got a capture card, making our videos far more enjoyable to watch.

5/9/16:

Well, we've come a long way. From one episode of the worst Let's Play ever created uploaded to Mediafire to a YouTube channel with a dozen different series, a fan channel, three fangames, professional editing, and 112 Subscribers. Listed below is nearly every one of over 230 videos we've uploaded.

11/23/21:

Well, it's been over ten years since this whole thing began. We've never stopped. Some of what we do is the very best we've ever done. The rest is still ten million times better than anything released even back during the 2016 update. We haven't grown much in subscribers, but as people, as gamers, and as YouTubers, the different is night and day. I hope you'd be willing to check out a little of what we have to offer. But, hey, that's up to you. If you do decide to throw on one of our new videos, I hope you get some sort of enjoyment out of it. That's the whole reason we stuck to it, after all.

Probably Our Best Videos:
DRIVING LESSONS WITH LITTLEZBOT: https://youtu.be/P7j-wnHfcEw
TOP TEN STUPIDEST ALIENS IN VIDEO GAMES (#4 will SHOCK YOU!!!) [APRIL FOOL'S 2019]: https://youtu.be/2u8TgqKQsl4
PALS NO MATTER WHAT (Among Us): https://youtu.be/0qLSvJ-UYjE
Taking Terrible Quizzes: https://youtu.be/o6GACkIrpAE
Squishy Squishy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXAja4kyvE8
Music Ace Doodle Pad - Shelter Remix: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tyna9OWS-iI

New Super Mario Bros. Wii (COMPLETED) [SUPER OLD]

Luigi's Mansion (COMPLETED) [SUPER OLD]

Kirby's Epic Yarn (COMPLETED) [VERY OLD]

Cancelled Let's Plays [VERY OLD]

Wonderland Adventures (COMPLETED)

Stinky_FTW's Wonderland Adventures: Re-Imagined (w/ Stinky_FTW a.k.a. ChaosKeif) (COMPLETED)

Kirby's Return to Dreamland (COMPLETED)

Mario Party 2 [Much is Old, but Mystery and Bowser Land may not make you wish for death]

New Super Mario Bros. U (COMPLETED)

Kirby Star Allies (COMPLETED)

Terraria Hardcore (COMPLETED) VERY OLD but the finale was done years later, it's not terrible

Mini-Plays

Alternative Gaming Videos (aka better mini-plays)

Top Tens

Talking About Things, Literally Our strange attempt at a more casual, podcast-style video series

Christmas Songs:
these are all intentionally terrible and have since been unlisted, i am leaving this as the sole way to find them

CHANNEL: https://www.youtube.com/c/LittleZbotIsBestPersonEver
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/LittleZbot/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/LittleZbotREALS

Evilgrapez doesn't just edit; he makes music! Here's a link to his channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi_Mv3 ... 1QM3nErv8g

And here are my personal favorite songs of his!

Spiral: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUf1KcvYyP0
Manticore (Featured on Orbit 15): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkmWhPdsM1I
Dreamscape 2 (April Fool's song that's actually great): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOSaK1X-YsQ
Discovery (FULL ALBUM): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vtbphdl7QvA
a really old Way to You remix that i still like but nobody else does: https://soundcloud.com/evilgrapez-music ... apez-remix

I also write fan-made Death Battles, and other stories! Check me out on Fanfiction.net! https://www.fanfiction.net/u/3798199/LittleZbot
DEATH BATTLES: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12494595/1 ... e-Attempts
Last edited by LittleZbot on Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:17 am, edited 58 times in total.
To Shorty, who was immortalized in an adventure.
To Marinus, who was my community older brother.
To Janet, who I will remember every time I wear a toque.

May these lost Wonderlanders find true adventure beyond us.
Discord: LittleZbot#3936
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:11 am

Never record games with something outside the computer screen. It looks awful.

Also, upload it onto YouTube.

Also, get a screen recorder like Fraps.

Also, get a microphone.

Also, good luck.

*i'm so harsh*
LittleZbot
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by LittleZbot » Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:13 am

MyNameIsKooky wrote: *i'm so harsh*
indeef.

1. As I said, I can't upload it onto Youtube because It's too long.

2. What's Fraps?

3. Even if I had a Mic, I wouldn't know how to connect it, or if it would make a difference.

4. Thanks!

MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:16 am

1. Divide it into several parts.

2. A screen recording device. You're going to need something else if you plan to play on the Wii, though.

3. A microphone won't make a difference unless you're using a screen recorder. You'll need a microphone for the video to pick up your speech.

4. No problem.

Regardless of what you do, please please don't use something like a camera, tripod or not. It's THE WORST way to record games.
LittleZbot
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by LittleZbot » Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:19 am

Well, I don't have and can't afford anything else. I don't even know what to look for.

MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:22 am

Most screen recorders are free.

I only know of ones for computers, not TVs that you play the Wii and stuff on.
LittleZbot
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by LittleZbot » Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:32 am

I'm looking for one, but have not been successful.
Last edited by LittleZbot on Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LittleZbot
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by LittleZbot » Mon May 14, 2012 9:57 pm

BUMP

NO I DID NOT FORGET ABOUT THIS.

To MNIK:

1. It has been uploaded now and I will hopefully upload one a week (not any more because I have a low connection so no-one can use the internet when I'm uploading and it takes about four hours)

2. I have searched for a long time on the internet for one, and the cheapest TV recording device I can find is a hundred dollars. I don't exactly have that money.

3. Still don't have the Screen Recodring thing, I DO have the microphone.

4. The quality is MUCH better now that it's uncompressed and on youtube. See for yourself, and though I will admit that it's not the best, I can't exactly do much more.

Youtube Link: http://youtu.be/NXQaHVo3tgM
Last edited by LittleZbot on Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Mon May 14, 2012 11:10 pm

LittleZbot wrote:1. As I said, I can't upload it onto Youtube because It's too long.
Provided your YouTube account is in good legal standing, you should be able to upload unlimited length videos, as long as they're below the file size.
LittleZbot wrote:2. What's Fraps?
It's a very commonly used recording program for PC games. Reason being that it records very high-quality videos (if I recall, due to the output being entirely uncompressed).

However, it's quite resource-intensive and the trial version only lets you record for 30 seconds.

Also, going to ditto what MNIK said. Don't use a webcam/camera/tripod/anything like that to record games off a screen for an LP, it's one of the worst ways to go about it, to be brutally honest (scanlines can make the screen invisible, for instance, and it usually comes out somewhat blurry and indistinct... there's also the matter of audio).

When it comes to recording console games, you can either find an emulator and a ROM/ISO of the game you want to play and record that off your screen, or buy a video capture device.

Problem is, a lot of these capture devices also require high-end PCs, are quite expensive, and from my experience, not user-friendly.

The best video capture device I've ever used is the Avermedia Game Capture HD. It requires an external hard-drive, and only works with this generation of consoles (save the PS2, it works with that), but it's fantastic. Problem again, is price - it's around 150 dollars or so for it.
LittleZbot
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by LittleZbot » Tue May 15, 2012 12:12 am

1. Actually, you can only upload videos up to 15 mins long(when I made that post it was ten minutes) unless you are specifically notified that you have been allowed to upload longer ones. But that is no longer a problem since the limit has been increased to 15 minuets.

2. Yes I now know about Fraps. I googled it a while ago. Unfortunately, I don't even have the money to buy it. Besides, it's a Computer Screen recording program.

3. Sorry, it's the best way to record TV screens I have.

4. I'm not allowed to use Emulators. No idea why. Also, Nintendo labeled them illegal.

5. Once again, no money. Besides I've already recorded 20 parts with my camera(well, technically, I've used three different cameras, each either having more room or slightly better quality). Yep, I've been planning ahead. Maybe a bit too far.
Last edited by LittleZbot on Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Tue May 15, 2012 1:24 am

LittleZbot wrote:1. Actually, you can only upload videos up to 15 mins long(when I made that post it was ten minutes) unless you are specifically notified that you have been allowed to upload longer ones. But that is no longer a problem since the limit has been increased to 15 minuets.
It shows up near the top, yes. Unless your account isn't enabled for >15 minutes, that's the only notification you get, though - If your account isn't allowed to upload videos of that length it notifies you at the bottom.
LittleZbot wrote:4. I'm not allowed to use Emulators. No idea why. Also, Nintendo labeled them illegal.
Nintendo's a company. If something threatens their profit, they're going to want to dismiss it or find a way to drive consumers away from it.

Having said that, from what I remember, emulators aren't inherently illegal. There are some companies that don't like them (Nintendo, for instance), of course. Where it starts treading into a grey area is the ROM/ISO images themselves (that is, the games).

If you own a physical copy of a game, then owning a ROM image of it isn't strictly illegal, from what I recall. Nintendo doesn't like this behavior... Well, at all, to be brutally honest, and you'll find most companies don't approve of it either. Reason being that while owning ROMs isn't too problematic in and of itself, it's distribution that starts causing trouble.

I'm not entirely clear on all the details behind this, mainly because there are conflicting reports everywhere (Nintendo says it's entirely illegal, full stop, and google searches provide results between "you can own any ROM for less than 24 hours before it's illegal" and "if you own the console and game it's legal") and with governments trying to pass laws like SOPA and ACTA goodness knows what else they've done recently.

It's really up to you whether it's a valid option or not. To be brutally honest, I don't really think Nintendo's point of view has much bearing on it - They can state it's illegal, fine, but it'd be a massive headache for... Just about any company to deal with it (shutting down sites, making certain types of programs illegal, finding a way to seize all copies of a ROM... a financial and legal nightmare).
StinkerSquad01
Rainbow AllStar

Re: Let's Play - With a Newbie!

Post by StinkerSquad01 » Tue May 15, 2012 1:28 am

LittleZbot wrote:NOTE: 3 THINGS TO NOTE IF YOU ARE GONNA WATCH THIS:

1. We are Loud. Turn down the Speakers a bit. I do not know if my ears will recover from this. :P

2. The Camera falls over occasionally(thankfully it doesn't seem to much anymore). Time for a tripod! :lol:

3. We are positively, absolutely ridiculous. We also often accidentally talk at the same time, making things very confusing if you don't watch the part over a few times. mind = broken :evil:
comments in bold
LittleZbot
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by LittleZbot » Tue May 15, 2012 2:21 am

NOW THAT'S THE KIND OF COMMENTS I LIKE TO HEAR!

peegman
Rainbow Wizard

Post by peegman » Thu May 17, 2012 9:51 am

This is funny, especially the way you make yourself seem like a 5 year old to random viewers
yee
LittleZbot
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by LittleZbot » Thu May 17, 2012 3:38 pm

Thanks! Unfortunately, Later I use a different camera, which makes me sound almost my age. :|

LittleZbot
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by LittleZbot » Sat May 19, 2012 4:09 pm

DP
EPISODE TWO IS OUT!

Let's Play NSMB Wii with a Newbie 2 - Jurassic Park: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9kXiHPW ... ture=g-upl
Last edited by LittleZbot on Wed May 23, 2012 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LittleZbot
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by LittleZbot » Wed May 23, 2012 12:53 pm

TP

EPISODE THREE IS OUT!

Let's Play NSMB Wii with a Newbie 3 - Under the Sea: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2yrr9oT ... ture=g-upl

LittleZbot
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by LittleZbot » Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:27 am

llarson
Rainbow Star

Post by llarson » Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:06 am

LOL!I looked at episodes 4 & 5.When you were saying a bunch of names mario should of been I was thinking "cherrio" what cheer+mario :lol: .I might watch later ones.Wanna be friends?
"Cabbage is useless"~Came to me in a dream
"Aparagus is Unlovable"~Common knowledge
"Radishes are Ugly"~Came to my mind
My Level List
LittleZbot
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by LittleZbot » Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:13 am

YES

llarson
Rainbow Star

Post by llarson » Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:19 am

Thank you very much :D I also like your levels.
My Level List
LittleZbot
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by LittleZbot » Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:45 am

Possibly will upload the next video tomorrow. Note that the next video is what I consider to be the best one of all 20+ that I have created so far.

llarson
Rainbow Star

Post by llarson » Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:58 am

cool!Why do you think it's the greatest?Oh and BTW I actually completed New super mario bros.Wii a while back.
Not world 9 though
BTW i'll test your level if you want.I'll also tweak it in the editor too.(lol I nearly put 2 :P )[/quote]
EDIT:When I saw your videos today they were actually kinda fun.(I like how you have secrets too)BTW I'm going to be out tomorrow but I'll make sure to watch it.Again BTW I was thinking you'd say something about mary poppins in world 2-3 or 4(the wind one)For the last time BTW your toad right?'Cause I think you said your big in a tunnel and toad was big.For the last stinkin time(I hate my mind for not coming up with somthing better than BTW)BTW what's the next game after this one going to be?Here's some you can play:
Mario galaxy (your mario and it's not 2 player unless they collect starbits)
paper mario (Not 2 player)
I spy (you can fail to find things and it is 2 player)
My sim (The cruddiest houses to the cruddiest sims and it's not 2 player)

anyways (FINALLY!!!!!!11!!11111!!!!!!!!!!!!!)please post what the next games going to be.BTW(AAAAAAHHHHH*starts ripping hair out*)My opinion on your videos is good.I'll look at the past ones if you want.I've only seen the 4th and 5th ones so far.

EDIT:I'm sorry but I can't watch it 'cause I heard you say a very bad word in the third one. :( After you got eaten by the clam
My Level List
LittleZbot
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by LittleZbot » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:54 pm

llarson wrote:cool!Why do you think it's the greatest?Oh and BTW I actually completed New super mario bros.Wii a while back.
Not world 9 though
BTW i'll test your level if you want.I'll also tweak it in the editor too.(lol I nearly put 2 :P )
EDIT:When I saw your videos today they were actually kinda fun.(I like how you have secrets too)BTW I'm going to be out tomorrow but I'll make sure to watch it.Again BTW I was thinking you'd say something about mary poppins in world 2-3 or 4(the wind one)For the last time BTW your toad right?'Cause I think you said your big in a tunnel and toad was big.For the last stinkin time(I hate my mind for not coming up with somthing better than BTW)BTW what's the next game after this one going to be?Here's some you can play:

anyways (FINALLY!!!!!!11!!11111!!!!!!!!!!!!!)please post what the next games going to be.BTW(AAAAAAHHHHH*starts ripping hair out*)My opinion on your videos is good.I'll look at the past ones if you want.I've only seen the 4th and 5th ones so far.

EDIT:I'm sorry but I can't watch it 'cause I heard you say a very bad word in the third one. :( After you got eaten by the clam
One thing at a time:
1. I personally think that it's the greatest because of a new player.
2. Thanks, but I currently have a tester. But you can test my level after the next, if you wish.
3. Thanks.
4. I'm actually not sure if I did. I'll have to check that out.
5. Once again, I'm not sure, but I'm almost certain I am.
6. I've actually already started on the next game. I'll be releasing it side-by-side with this Let's Play once I upload episode 18. The next Let's Play will be Super Mario 64.
7. I did? *listens* Oh, that. Don't worry, that wasn't a bad word. The worst word I've ever said on my Let's Plays is "Darn." What you heard was a mix of shouts of surprise and Dain laughing and saying "Open up!" I have never said any words worse than "Dang" and never intend to.

Oh, by the way, my episode is out now and I am currently uploading my next.

EDIT: Oh, and never worry about my next Let's Plays. I have plans for them up until Let's Play#12.

EDIT2: I WILL NO LONGER BE DOING SUPER MARIO 64. PROBABLY. INSTEAD, MY NEXT LET'S PLAY SHALL BE LUIGI'S MANSION.

EDIT3: I WAS BLUE TOAD
Last edited by LittleZbot on Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

llarson
Rainbow Star

Post by llarson » Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:07 am

llarson wrote:
cool!Why do you think it's the greatest?Oh and BTW I actually completed New super mario bros.Wii a while back.
Quote:
Not world 9 though
BTW i'll test your level if you want.I'll also tweak it in the editor too.(lol I nearly put 2 )

EDIT:I'm sorry but I can't watch it 'cause I heard you say a very bad word in the third one. After you got eaten by the clam

One thing at a time:
1. I personally think that it's the greatest because of a new player.
2. Thanks, but I currently have a tester. But you can test my level after the next, if you wish.
3. Thanks.
4. I'm actually not sure if I did. I'll have to check that out.
5. Once again, I'm not sure, but I'm almost certain I am.
6. I've actually already started on the next game. I'll be releasing it side-by-side with this Let's Play once I upload episode 18. The next Let's Play will be Super Mario 64.
7. I did? *listens* Oh, that. Don't worry, that wasn't a bad word. The worst word I've ever said on my Let's Plays is "Darn." What you heard was a mix of shouts of surprise and Dain laughing and saying "Open up!" I have never said any words worse than "Dang" and never intend to.

Oh, by the way, my episode is out now and I am currently uploading my next.

EDIT: Oh, and never worry about my next Let's Plays. I have plans for them up until Let's Play#12.

EDIT2: I forgot to mention that I will actually be doing "Bonus Let's Plays." Those will be multiplayer Let's Plays that I will be doing based on the number of Subscribers. For instance, when I have three subscribers, I'll do a Let's Play of "Mario Kart: Double Dash!!" alongside my regular ones. these will be updated every two weeks.
YESSSSS!
EDIT:Finished watching it.I found the pancake part amusing.You're mario right?'cause I noticed you said you're a fat guy at the beginning of the video.
My Level List
LittleZbot
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by LittleZbot » Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:26 pm

I believe so. In three days look for another video.(I'm on because it turns out that we have internet here yay)

LittleZbot
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by LittleZbot » Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:48 pm

EPISODE SEVEN IS NOW OUT

llarson
Rainbow Star

Post by llarson » Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:09 pm

Cool! 8) Unfortunately when I got to 4:14 I heard your brother say that word I thought I heard in the second episode.Was that mixed with something else too?
My Level List
Sammy_P
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Sammy_P » Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:13 pm

These are actually pretty funny.
LittleZbot
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by LittleZbot » Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:27 pm

@Sammy_P, They're SUPPOSED to be.

@ab-47, first, he's not my brother, but rather one of my friends. Second, he probably said something like "food," as he's never sworn either.
Last edited by LittleZbot on Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.